Carlito's Way
Scarface

Mcthuggin99
09-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Scarface is pretty overrated IMO Carlito's Way is better

no disrespect to Scarface, its still a classic

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-17-2010, 12:38 AM
scarface isnt overrated man, its a one of a kind type film.

carlitos though is a better movie. better cinematography, better camera work, better acting, better music and sounds, and generally a much better film to look at. so many of the scenes in carlitos i was like fuck thats a beautiful looking fucking scene right there.

and its funny how much GTA series has ripped off this film man, basically everything. from the characters, to the story lines, to the visuals (the club, the purple night colours on the water when they go out in the boat), the lines, and the music. its all good though as an homage. but nothing in GTA is original.

Dr Sleepwalker
09-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Serpico and Carlito's Way are my 2 fav Pacino movies

LONDON!
09-17-2010, 03:38 AM
its scarface for me, when it comes to my favorite pacino performance, he just merked that shit, thats the era when he use to act wit them fire in his eyes, for real, he took that shit to the next level

but carlito is my second favorite pacino performance, it was a slightly diffrent role to tony montana so he approached it diffrently but still brought his a-game to the table

this is my favorite performances from him

scarface
carlito's way
heat
godfather
godfather 2
donnie brasco
devils advocate

Lex Lugor
09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Now I can agree with this franchise.
I have put Carlitos Way above Scarface since the first time I saw it.
Its probably in my top ten films ive ever seen. Like this movie.

Mcthuggin99
09-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I have put Carlitos Way above Scarface since the first time I saw it.
same with me. when i saw it, i told my brother that its better than scarface, he was like "Fuck that" but when he watched it he didnt say shit lol

Buzk
09-18-2010, 11:25 PM
godfather II or dog day afternoon for me

Olive Oil Goombah
09-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Carlito's way is corny as fuck to me. Not better than Scarface in my opinion.

Are we just talking about gangsters films for Pacino because he was better in Scent of Woman than most of these.

angry!
09-19-2010, 09:53 AM
dog day afternoon...

donnie brasco...

hell...

pacino gets knocked for becoming a caricture of himself as he got older...

but the devils advocate is one of his gulliest performances ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he was gettin that criticism heavily at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant put anything above scarface, niggas like to front on it now, play it off as overrated, in my estimation, it was underrated, because it achieved cult status from word of mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant knock u for puttin carlitos way at the top though... it was incredible then its incredible now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fact is pacino still catchin bodies out there!!!!!!!!!!

get him something to work with, watching shit like 88 minutes is infuriating, he still pops off the screen, with unmatched charisma, he just in helpless movies!!!!!!!!!!!!

this nigga rolls up to movie sets in wrinkled shirts, dirty nails, a bad dye job, and wild hair, and bodies the entire cast sleep walking!!!!!!!!!!!

scorcese gotta get one in with al before its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crackhead Bob
09-19-2010, 09:56 AM
I've got three words for you why this thread is idiotic.

Penelope Ann Miller

Sense-A
09-19-2010, 09:59 AM
http://images.fandango.com/r84.1/ImageRenderer/140/210/images/no_image_140x210.jpg/0/images/masterrepository/amg/cov150/drt600/t661/t66109ikh8c.jpgA woman from Indiana becomes addicted to heroin when she falls in love with a larcenous New York City junkie.

http://images.fandango.com/r84.1/ImageRenderer/140/210/images/no_image_140x210.jpg/0/images/masterrepository/amg/cov150/drt600/t600/t60031lh4z3.jpgTwo drifters (Gene Hackman, Al Pacino) bum around, visit earthy women and discuss opening a car wash in Pittsburgh.

http://images.fandango.com/r84.1/ImageRenderer/140/210/images/no_image_140x210.jpg/0/images/masterrepository/amg/cov150/drt200/t207/t20726ahmbo.jpg

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
havent seen any of those yet

but i doubt theyre better films

Art Vandelay
09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Serpico

Olive Oil Goombah
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
yes, thats what ruined carlitos way..

the whole sub plot of him and penelope ann miller fucked that movie.

and the fucking you are so beautiful song that they played...when i first saw that, I just couldnt take that movie too seriouslly for a minute.

Plus the acting was not all that. Totally overrated in my opinion.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
my top 5 Pachino films

Scarface
Carlito's Way
Any Given Sunday
Heat
88 Minutes

MaskedAvenger
09-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Carlito's Way his best film? far from it.

gizm0
09-20-2010, 03:34 AM
scarface isnt overrated man, its a one of a kind type film.

carlitos though is a better movie. better cinematography, better camera work, better acting, better music and sounds, and generally a much better film to look at.

lol...^ all the things u just mentioned are actually better in Scarface! (+the script)

LONDON!
09-20-2010, 08:29 AM
to me yeah

the acting is better in scarface, but thats not hating on carlito, because the acting on that was top notch too, its just scarface's shit was just on another level

the technical camera work was much better in carlito, carlito wins that hands down

the score and music was even too me, because oliver stone, who was the writer on scarface, said when they researched the inspiration for the characters in that movie and thats the type of music them cubano and colombiano gangsters were listening too in those clubs at the time in the early 80's

the music in carlito's was also the music of the times amongst puerto rock gangsters back then in the early to mid 70's too, because the techincal advisor on that movie was a puerto rican brother who is a judge now, but was from the streets who came up in that world who which the movie based its script on his two semi autobiography carlito books, so you know the music was authentic to that time too

the scripts were a tie to me because they were diffrent but exceled at the diffrent aspects of the road life they were trying to bring to the table in the most authentic, non glorified manner possible to me

scarface was about the road to riches stuff in the drug game by gully, rowdy, live niggas that could take place anywhere on this planet because they captured how all tony montana type niggas think and mentality's worldwide and the pit falls of that shit, it ain't all a one way street, no it ain't, how many big boy's in that game, worldwide are still stacking them p's(money) on a big boy level witout been gone to the pen, resting in peace witout there consent or turned into rats, its only a few man, truss me on that

carlito was about a old time gangster that landed from prison and wanted to change his life around and start up a legal bizness but succombs to the street codes certain heads he's rolling wit can't adhere too because they never came up like that, i mean that judge brother said the carlito was based on real individuals and the lawyer was a composite of actual lawyers that got down like that and some of whom who got merked because of there coke head punk ways, you see what i'm saying, i mean the benny blanco character, my personal favorite from that movie perfectly captured the whole thing of the younger generation come up amongst the olders and coming up wit less rules and being a bit more on it and certain olders like carlito getting a big head and hating on certain younga's like benny because he don't feel he has paid his dues yet or did shit on a big boy level like him and ain't got the same stripes like him, on some, "nah it ain't going down like that, its going down like this", type vibe, i think yeah, that movie was classic

both movies just came from diffrent directions of certain street shit, but i feel scarface is better overall, thats just me, thats the way i see it, that get this money by any means necessary mentality, witout letting no system flop your movement can be applied to an activity, legal or any other way you want to see it, i ain't promoting nuthin on internet forums, because i ain't a nerd and poverty is a crime, its circumstance, it ain't a game, you get what i'm saying, thats the way i see it anyway you know, lets go