PDA

View Full Version : Yeshua(Jeshua) and Jesus

Undiluted Karma
09-17-2010, 08:31 AM
I've read Yeshua/Jeshua are just translations in respective Hebrew and Aramaic of Jesus, but I hear in songs and books about Jeshua being the true prophet and Jesus was a fake, which is confusing lol.

What's the source of these claims?Anyone wanna expand on this, one of the books I read, which was fiction about the Romans putting Jesus not Yeshua as the prophet.

peace

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I've read Yeshua/Jeshua are just translations in respective Hebrew and Aramaic of Jesus, but I hear in songs and books about Jeshua being the true prophet and Jesus was a fake, which is confusing lol.

What's the source of these claims?Anyone wanna expand on this, one of the books I read, which was fiction about the Romans putting Jesus not Yeshua as the prophet.

peace

Yeshua Messiah Bar Yosef is Iesous Christos. One is his name one is his title.

Yeshua (Joshua) was his name. It became Iesous or Iesus in Greek and Latin. Eventually being Anglicized as Jesus. But its pronounced Yesus not Jesus. Its a Y I not a J I. That got garbled.

You see in the time Jesus lived everyone spoke Greek or Aramaic in that part of the world. Judaism had blended into quasi Zeus worship thanks to Alexander the Great. Jesus seems to have trained with the Essenes who were Buddhist influenced Jews. There were also the Mandeans who were almost Buddhist influenced but their prophet is John the Baptist.

What people forget is the Alexander the Great conquered and Hellenized everyone from Greece to Africa to India. Buddhism and other eastern religions were widespread throughout the Hellenized realms. The Romans had conquered a Greek Empire. The Byzantine Greek influence was already there before the Legions arrived. Jesus probably was as big a fan of Alexander the Great and Pyrrhus of Epirus as he was of David and Joshua. This was a very multicultural part of the world.

Eastern teachings, Ancient Egyptian and Greek Mystery Cults, and Judaism all blended together in the formulation of the Jesus persona. The actual man was just a Hellenized Jew from the backwater town of Nazareth but his followers turned him into the Messiah. His meditation in the desert were either drawn from reading the teachings of Gautama or a co-evolution of ideology. The man who went into the desert was a well educated Rabbi (he was addressed as such and he is spoken of as someone who spoke and debated with priests and wise men. The man who came out had found enlightenment and realized he had to confront the Kohen Ghadol. Didn't work out very well as the record shows.

Basically I feel like the story of the Buddha says as much about Jesus as it does Gautama.

pro.Graveface
09-18-2010, 11:29 AM
its spirit of the positiv hahah time traveling