PDA

View Full Version : Best V.S. Muggs Produced Album

Jin10304
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Which one do you think DJ Muggs has done his absolute best work on so far?

Mcthuggin99
09-17-2010, 08:45 PM
either Kill Devil Hills or Grandmasters

Mic Tyson
09-17-2010, 08:50 PM
King Medallions

deeznutz1981
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Grandmasters beats pain language by a cunt hair

MaskedAvenger
09-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Perhaps Pain Language... not too sure, difficult choice.

J-DON
09-17-2010, 11:25 PM
grandmasters has some shit beats on it. Kill Devil Hills for me right now but it might be the fresh and new factor.

Lex Lugor
09-17-2010, 11:49 PM
So judging by the polls, I shouldnt run out and break my neck to get these two albums?

Sick Jacken-Legend Of The Mask & The Assassin
Planet Asia-Pain Language

WooHa
09-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Why so much dickridin on Kill Devil Hills? It's noway his best produced. Voted LOTMATA

Mic Tyson
09-18-2010, 12:15 AM
So judging by the polls, I shouldnt run out and break my neck to get these two albums?

Sick Jacken-Legend Of The Mask & The Assassin
Planet Asia-Pain Language

no u def. should. esp if u like PA or sick jacken. Thats PA's best solo

djskillz
09-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Pain Language for me.

main_man
09-18-2010, 02:39 AM
all are dope.

but like i said, ill bill got the best batch of muggs beats in my opinion.

the type of beats that made me a fan of muggs in the first place. a lot of 'em would fit in on the first 2 cypress hill albums, no problem.

but all 4 are pure, uncut hip hop. if you haven't checked them all out you should.

Razorsharp
09-18-2010, 03:05 AM
grandmasters, i think it has more replay value

Paranoid
09-18-2010, 03:07 AM
easily kill devil hills

claaa7
09-18-2010, 04:21 AM
for me it's "Grandmasters" but that's also the one i bumped most and had for the longest. i think GZA and DJ Muggs was a perfect fit and there's some amazing verses on there and equally nasty beats so i still love that album; it got high replay value. the Sick Jacken joint was dope but there's a few songs that's in spanish which automatically give them weak replay value for me despite fat beats all the way to the end.

they are all worth picking up tho, most definitely.

djskillz
09-18-2010, 04:58 AM
I almost chose grandmasters based on the strength of exploitation of mistakes. one of my favorite beats.

Mcthuggin99
09-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I almost chose grandmasters based on the strength of exploitation of mistakes. one of my favorite beats.
same with me, that's my favorite track on that album

Pattch82
09-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Legend Of The Mask & The Assassin is by far the illest out of all these albums! It's so fuckin consistent and coherent because there's no guest features, just Sick Jacken & Cynic ripping the fuck outta a batch of bangin' Muggs beats! Lyrically and beat wise its way ahead of all the others in my opinion.

Ain't nothing on Pain Language, Grandmasters or even Kill Devil Hills that can match tracks like Land Of Shadows, God's Banker, Praying Mantis, Unorthodox Blocks, etc! Pure nastiness!!!

Kill Devil Hills is in 2nd place IMO, followed closely by Pain Language and the Grandmasters. All four albums are classics in my mind but I think Grandmasters is the weakest of the four, it gets the least spins out of those four albums on my system.

Peace!

Origin™
09-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Jacken takes the award for best Vs. Muggs as far as i'm concerned, followed closely by Ill Bill, PA and then Gza.

all four albums have their own great unique features, all tangled together on one distinct simularity, which is Muggs.. dude is otherworldy with his production, One of the best producers in Hip Hop history.. in the 2-10, the only person fucking with muggs is Marco Polo.. everything those two create bangs on another level..

Edit:

I have to correct my self on something actually, I left out Necro, that dudes beats on Die are bonkers yall, and that dude don't get anywhere near enough recognition!

Go purchase Die! necro murders that album

Mr. R&B
09-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd rank 'em like this as far as personal preference.

Kill Devil Hills
Legend of The Mask and The Assassin
Grandmasters
Pain Language

TRONIX
09-18-2010, 02:01 PM
My rankin

Grandmasters
Pain Language
Legend of The Mask and The Assassin
Kill Devil Hills

Meta4
09-18-2010, 02:52 PM
the Sick Jacken joint was dope but there's a few songs that's in spanish which automatically give them weak replay value for me despite fat beats all the way to the end.

same shit here, that shit really killed the album for me. I fuk with SJ but I fuckin hate spanish rhymin.

Jin10304
09-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Well I'm Spanish so luckily I understand both Ciclon & El Barrio lol, I love Ciclon's beat too, fucking frantic and bass heavy. I agree with some of the lineups..

1. Mask & The Assassin
2. Kill Devil Hills
3. Pain Language
4. Grandmasters

claaa7
09-18-2010, 04:04 PM
^ lol i always thought u were asian

THE MASON
09-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Grandmasters
Pain Language
Kill Devil Hills
Mask And Assassin

Grandmasters and Pain Language are real close, Grandmasters is my shit though. Muggs crafted up some classic production for that album, and GZA showing why he a grandmaster.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Grandmasters
Pain Language
Kill Devil Hills
Mask And Assassin

Grandmasters and Pain Language are real close, Grandmasters is my shit though. Muggs crafted up some classic production for that album, and GZA showing why he a grandmaster.

agree with bronze

theheavens
09-18-2010, 04:39 PM
GZA is the only good MC on the list, so it's Grandmasters

Pattch82
09-18-2010, 04:46 PM

You have obviously never listened to 'Legend Of The Mask & The Assassin'. Sick Jacken is a fuckin beast on the mic... he does way more justice to Muggs' beats than the sleepy GZA did on Grandmasters!

Peace!

Paranoid
09-18-2010, 05:05 PM

stfu

THE MASON
09-18-2010, 05:09 PM
GZA dont sound sleepy to me on GM, sounds calm and focused but not sleepy imo. lyrically didnt fall off, flow wise still hittin those drums on point, delivery is different then older joints, but still highly effective.

prolly my second favourite GZA album, his best work is with one producer handling the whole album

claaa7
09-18-2010, 06:27 PM
GZA dont sound sleepy to me on GM, sounds calm and focused but not sleepy imo. lyrically didnt fall off, flow wise still hittin those drums on point, delivery is different then older joints, but still highly effective.

prolly my second favourite GZA album, his best work is with one producer handling the whole album

agreed, i've been saying the same thing. his slow delivery didn't become a problem to me until "Pro Tools"; the only downside about the vocals on 'Grandmasters' that he was a little drowned out by the beat at times but that's mostly a result of poor mixing.

DirtMcgehrk
09-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I really think that Kill Devil Hills and Grandmasters are the best two.

Grandmasters: Is more of a cohesive album as a whole. It plays out more like a movie than an album. Sounds kind of weak if you skip through it and listen to single tracks, but if listened to all the way through, it'll really hit you how good it is. I remember finishing the album and thinking, "Damn, they put a whole lot of thought and time into this."

Kill Devil Hills: Doesn't really have a theme. More of a mixed bag in my opinion (not in a bad way). The production is varied and all of it bangs hard. No wasted or weak guest features. It's the type of album where you're definitely going to have a track or two or three that gets played a whole whole lot more than the others. Also Ill Bill really fits with Mugg's production. It all sounds very natural.

I'd give it to Grandmasters by a hair. I'm pretty biased though because GZA is my favorite emcee of the clan, so I flipped shit when I heard the announcement about Grandmasters.

Jin10304
09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
""Damn, they put a whole lot of thought and time into this."

Not time but thought, it was recorded in 8 days.

sickdog
09-20-2010, 12:17 AM
1. vs Sickjacken / vs Bill
2. vs GZA
3. vs PA

GhettoGnom
09-20-2010, 12:48 PM
pain language > grandmasters
by a hair

hide1998
09-21-2010, 04:17 AM
I really think that Kill Devil Hills and Grandmasters are the best two.

Grandmasters: Is more of a cohesive album as a whole. It plays out more like a movie than an album. Sounds kind of weak if you skip through it and listen to single tracks, but if listened to all the way through, it'll really hit you how good it is. I remember finishing the album and thinking, "Damn, they put a whole lot of thought and time into this."

Kill Devil Hills: Doesn't really have a theme. More of a mixed bag in my opinion (not in a bad way). The production is varied and all of it bangs hard. No wasted or weak guest features. It's the type of album where you're definitely going to have a track or two or three that gets played a whole whole lot more than the others. Also Ill Bill really fits with Mugg's production. It all sounds very natural.

That's basically how I feel word for word. Well put. Grandmasters is the best one overall, but this Ill Bill collab is right behind it.
I'd give it to Grandmasters by a hair. I'm pretty biased though because GZA is my favorite emcee of the clan, so I flipped shit when I heard the announcement about Grandmasters.

Thats how I feel exactly.

Dirty Knowledge
09-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Grandmasters by far, of course