PDA

View Full Version : Is Wyclef retarded?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-18-2010, 05:47 AM
I can tolerate weird accents and off-beat flows, but not those boooring or straight up retarded lyrics. Like 'The Mask' which starts with a nice chorus but then....

[WYCLEF]
I used to work at Burger King. A king taking orders.
Punching my clock. Now I'm wanted by the manager.
Soupin me up sayin "Your a nice worker,"
"How would you like a quarter raise, move up the register"
"Large in charge, but cha gotta be my spy,
Come back and tell me who's baggin my fries,
Getting high on company time."
Hell no sirree, wrong M.C.
Why should I be a spy, when you spying me,
And you see whatcha thought ya saw but never seen.
Ya missed ya last move, Checkmate! Crown me King,
Hold my 22 pistol whipped him in his face.
Hired now I'm fired, sold bud now I'm wired,
Eyes pitch red but da beat bop my head
Hit the streets for relief, I bumped into the Feds,
I got kidnapped they took me to D.C.,
Have me working underground building missiles for World War III.

Dude goes from working at Burger King to pistolwhippin' his boss? Why was that necessary? Is it normal to have your gun at work? Is that what african american do? That's a bad image that black people don't deserve. And then those last three lines? WTF is wrong with Wyclef? I truly believe he's retarded. It's a shame, cuz this song is really dope otherwise..

djskillz
09-18-2010, 05:53 AM
"and you see whatcha thought you saw but never seen"

lmao

Mr. R&B
09-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes, he's retarded.

I can't stand his solo stuff.

TSA
09-18-2010, 12:44 PM
elohlelh i like the verse

prez ruins the album with his total lack of talent and pointless lyrics.

angry!
09-18-2010, 02:12 PM
wyclef is about the corniest nigga in hip hop history and he fucks up anythin he touches minus the score and a few odd guest spots he more than likely didnt write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

literally everything he touch turn to rust!!!!!!!!!!!

fucked up can-i-bus launch royally like a faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popped shit at LL... ducked for cover.... didnt back his artist whatsoever.... distanced himself from the situation got shitted on by L and picked up an electric gutitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matter fact canibus wrote wyclef verse on "carribean connection" off capital punishment ... niggas would be blown away if all the ghostwriting business really got aired out!!!!!!!!!!!! pun always wanted to work with canibus, some say he bis even ducked that feature... but listen to that verse, thats CANIBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uD-4wxK0jvo

LOL @ running for president of hati on some promotional love shit after gassing people with a "donate to hati through my org" routine nigga can turn a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vmv--UJ3eJM

clef sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ the idenity crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!! hatian, rasta, frenchmen.. "bob marley imposter" L bodied this chump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OPTIMUS
09-18-2010, 03:39 PM
he should stick to frauding his own charity and give music away.

Uncle Steezo
09-18-2010, 04:00 PM
i can't really blame wera being that he has the language and culture gap to deal with. but naw the verse is dope and its a metaphor.

pras verse was saved by "i guess i been listenin to too much biggies smalls"

his solo work...
The Carnival was beyond dope and in classic status.

misawa98
09-19-2010, 01:29 PM
wyclef is about the corniest nigga in hip hop history and he fucks up anythin he touches minus the score and a few odd guest spots he more than likely didnt write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

literally everything he touch turn to rust!!!!!!!!!!!

fucked up can-i-bus launch royally like a faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popped shit at LL... ducked for cover.... didnt back his artist whatsoever.... distanced himself from the situation got shitted on by L and picked up an electric gutitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matter fact canibus wrote wyclef verse on "carribean connection" off capital punishment ... niggas would be blown away if all the ghostwriting business really got aired out!!!!!!!!!!!! pun always wanted to work with canibus, some say he bis even ducked that feature... but listen to that verse, thats CANIBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uD-4wxK0jvo

LOL @ running for president of hati on some promotional love shit after gassing people with a "donate to hati through my org" routine nigga can turn a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vmv--UJ3eJM

clef sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ the idenity crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!! hatian, rasta, frenchmen.. "bob marley imposter" L bodied this chump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wa listening to Capital Punishment the other day and no doubt Bis wrote that. I def think Bis would of got on that if he could. Back then he was ready to jump on a track with all the big guns.

As for clef. That dude shouldnt get on any mic again after the madness he did on that Haiti track. WTF were the noises he was making.

BGS
09-19-2010, 01:40 PM
evJ1JUh8JSs

5:57 answers this question

hl (Lattisaw Tapes)
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
You missed the entire point of that verse. You should really listen again.

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
The only reason the album "The Score" by The Fugees is seen as classic is because of

#1.) The BEATS
#2.) Lauryn Hill

Any time Wyclef Jean and Pras appear i feel like jacking off with sandpaper. They are nonsense and need to die for ruining such hot beats!!!!!!!! And whoever said "The Carnival" album was hot needs to go to the doctor and check his ears because it's fucking garbage.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
the chorus of the mask IS a metaphor

I really really doubt Wyclef's verse is a metaphor. In this form, as a story, it's retarded.

CEITEDMOFO
09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
HOW CAN THREADSTARTER QUESTION ANY ARTISt WHEN HES A WARCLOUD FAN?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm clearly not a Warcloud fan with that sig, u moron

get your > and < straight

Southern Solja
09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
It's actually a pretty good verse. I think you're just looking at it the wrong way. Yea it's a corny, but humorous story, yet it has a deeper meaning.

And his verse on "Ready or Not" is REALLY dope. Like seriously, if you haven't heard it then you should really look into it.

David Daniel Davis
09-21-2010, 12:02 AM
"Hell no sirree; wrong emcee; why should I be a spy when you're spying me?" is the dopest thing Wyclef spit in his entire career; it is like his "Dead in the middle of Little Italy..."