Dirty Knowledge
09-22-2010, 04:53 AM
CCFSqzCetj4

J-Cee
09-22-2010, 05:02 AM
dope..props for this..

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-22-2010, 05:08 AM
man, how do they come up with this shit just on the spot?

J-Cee
09-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Aint on the spot man,shits bars theyve written..fuckn sick battle by the way..they both killed it..

misawa98
09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Only thing I hate about this battles is the time each guy gets. Its far too long per round. It's so different to what the UK battle scene used to be like. It was all off the top style battling with plenty of flips and punches on the spot.

I dont mind grindtime but this is at times just sounds like guys rehearsing 64 bar verses and then spitting. Solomon is a lot more witty in this!!! Punches are a lot harder.

Twiztid-Wutang
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
I LOVE battles like this, This type of stuff reminds me of why Hip hop is still real

baritone
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
soloman bodied that nigga

e ness aint no slouch tho

J-Cee
09-23-2010, 12:43 AM
i think soloman won,but ness came dope as fuck too and soloman did make me cringe when he came with a few corny whiteboy type raps..lol

BRONZBODY
09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
solomon had the punchlines but to me his delivery was mad sloppy. ness put it in delivery wise.

id like to see them battle some of them KOTD cats up in Canuck land. most of the cats is nerdy as hell but they can spit.

J-Cee
09-23-2010, 03:42 AM
yeh true..ness came hard and his flow was on point throughout..soloman had dope punches but not much flow,more of a stand up act..so ...hard to judge this battle,was sick though

Dirty Knowledge
10-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Battle of the Year for 2010 test it

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-24-2010, 03:57 AM
i wish this shit was legit. Most these cats cudn't spit legit, on the spot shit.

Dirty Knowledge
10-24-2010, 04:03 AM
If you think any battle is strictly freestyled show it to me I'll tell you how dumb you are for thinking that. Other than that, this shit had it all. Fire verses, funny punches, good flow, good rhythym, crowd control, all of it when it comes to battles.

Much love to Grindtime for this one. Anyone who isn't up on Grindtime and is still in to battles needs to check it out.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
horrible...almost everything that's wrong with hip-hop and battling in one video.

baritone
10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
damn fareal

Hollow Dartz
10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
horrible...almost everything that's wrong with hip-hop and battling in one video.
How? Please Explain. This IS one of the last pure forms of hip-hop left.

i wish this shit was legit. Most these cats cudn't spit legit, on the spot shit.
Nigga this ain't 8-mile, fuck outta here, that on the spot shit is cool too but battling is about who got the best rhymes, who can go bar for bar with each other. That's battling whether its freestyle or written, can u go bar for bar. I don't see why niggaz hate on this at all.

Dirty Knowledge
10-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Yo Hollow, lord knows me and you ain't the best of friends but I'm glad you said what you said because I do respect your opinion in the field even if you are a few years younger. Your knowledge has shown you done your research. Glad you liked the shit.

And Pandemic.. I too would like to hear your explanation. Better yet... post some of your favorite rap battles. Or post videos or examples of what "real" rap battles are.

DJMethods
10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Battle of the year? That wasn't even the best battle of Grizzlemania 2... Nocando vs Dizaster was better, shit like Passwurdz v Philly Swain, Madness v Soul Khan, Real Deal v Thesaurus will shit all over it.

KOTD World Domination was fucking filled with crazy battles... some of the best shit of all time went down at that event.

There was better battles at MOB too. Still dope as fuck and good to see Solomon back.

Also being able to freestyle is still good, watch Mac Lethal vs Dirtbag Dan and Mac bodied Dirtbag flipping shit he said seemlessly. That shit was as good as written and it was all off the top.

Dirty Knowledge
01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Methods you are right. Other battles there were as explosive.

But, you gotta give me that THIS battle had the STARPOWER....E. Ness deserves a lot of fucking respect for even showing up. When I first watched this.. I was like "oh no..solomon is gonna EAAAAT him." Cuz I do like Ness. But yo.. Ness did it man. I think Iron's prewrittens had it.. but Ness was coming off the top more often. You can tell. You know BOTH these dudes hada have some pressure on their shoulders. Heavyweights in the battle game, and E Ness a dude who was kinda quiet on that shit for the longest after MTV. Was that kinda a 1 time thing for Iron too? I know he ain't still on his old school battlin' grind.

Just glad to see there's still some BATTLE fans left in the world.

I haven't peeped much lately, gotta get back on my shit..

Let me know what's been hot since GM2.