PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cube: I Am The West - Just Leaked Discussion Thread

DirtMcgehrk
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Cube's latest just hit the blogs. I'm bumpin' it right now and it sounds pretty solid so far. Post thoughts and opinions in this thread. I've been waiting for this one for a while.

cap
09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
hit me with a pm.

Djaminha
09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Never ever got into Cube, is he worth it?

Only track I have and sometime play is 'It Was A Good Day'

Edgar Erebus
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Nope, Cube sucks. One of the worst rappers of all time. Especially those first three albums he did, plus that one he did with that random underground LA group, what was their name... That one group that he left and got owned by in a diss.

cap
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Nope, Cube sucks. One of the worst rappers of all time. Especially those first three albums he did, plus that one he did with that random underground LA group, what was their name... That one group that he left and got owned by in a diss.

hahaha be careful dude is so dumb he might not get the sarcasm!!

cube is one of the best ever, please choose another music genre to like. good day.

djskillz
09-22-2010, 05:41 PM
^co-sign every word.

theheavens
09-22-2010, 08:24 PM
if this is the best he can do at age 41, then Rae (after the release of Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang) should replace Cube on top 10 MCs lists, for real. the beats were pathetic. and Rae is 40, in case you forgot

main_man
09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
amerikkkas most wanted
kill at will e.p.
death certificate
the predator = all certified hip hop classics

lethal injection & bootlegs and b-sides are dope too.

cube didnt really start to slip until the war & peace discs. but i'll always check a cube album. it's bound to have some bangers on it.

MaskedAvenger
09-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I need to check this, ive only heard two songs. Wasnt really impressed to be honest. Hopefully the rest of the album is better.

hom1e
09-23-2010, 04:02 AM
amerikkkas most wanted
kill at will e.p.
death certificate
the predator = all certified hip hop classics

lethal injection & bootlegs and b-sides are dope too.

cube didnt really start to slip until the war & peace discs. but i'll always check a cube album. it's bound to have some bangers on it.

Damn i dont understand why people dont love War & Peace especially on wu-tang board, volume I is a classic to me he got this Wu movie vibe that Don Mega thang, whole album is bangin.. Ask About Me, Ghetto Vet, The Curse Of Money, The Peckin' Order, X-Bitches, Extradition - 6 stars.
By the way gotta check this new album.

J-Cee
09-23-2010, 04:05 AM
not feelin this album at all...

MaskedAvenger
09-23-2010, 04:48 AM
Damn i dont understand why people dont love War & Peace especially on wu-tang board, volume I is a classic to me he got this Wu movie vibe that Don Mega thang, whole album is bangin.. Ask About Me, Ghetto Vet, The Curse Of Money, The Peckin' Order, X-Bitches, Extradition - 6 stars.
By the way gotta check this new album.

Word, The War Disc is dope as fuck. People always sleep on that shit.

Reiko
09-23-2010, 05:03 AM
not feelin this album at all...

agree, for me it's the worst album Cube has released.... it has 2 maybe 3 tracks listenable ;)

Everymanornoman
09-23-2010, 05:14 AM
9 good tracks out of 16, not that bad, i thought it would be worser that this, especially after that piece of trash called she couldn't make it on own. Your Money Or Your Life is my fav joint off the album so far. He is the West. :thumbup:

J-Cee
09-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Hes an actor..he aint the West at all..Lol...just cant get into this at all, and 'worser' isnt a word brother,just letting ya know.

Everymanornoman
09-23-2010, 06:22 AM
aight...
english isn't my native, so i think it's excusable for me. i just saw this word a lot here and there

J-Cee
09-23-2010, 06:33 AM
ah ok well thats alright..i understand evrything now..

sickdog
09-23-2010, 11:17 AM
8 DOPE tracks on it, not bad. gunna buy it.

Mcthuggin99
09-23-2010, 11:49 AM
its a good album IMO. not his best, but at least its better than the Peace Disc.

and Cosign to whoever said that the War Disc is dope. that had plenty of great tracks

WooHa
09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
3,2/5 at most

djskillz
09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
On first listen I wasn't really impressed. Only song that stood out to me was No Country For Young Men.

DirtMcgehrk
09-23-2010, 09:44 PM
After a full listen through I'd say it's average. In terms of recent Cube I liked Raw Footage much much better. I Am The West Isn't a bad album, just boring. None of the production really stood out to me and Ice Cube's delivery doesn't ever sound like it has a flow for some reason.

djskillz
09-23-2010, 10:04 PM
^co-sign. I think Ice Cube and Killer Mike should do a full length political hip hop album. I've been listening to "Pressure" all day.

WooHa
09-23-2010, 11:20 PM
People love Raw Footage and believe that this is worst

Stupid internet geeks, this is a hyphy-oriented album. If you ain't on that hyphy style ofc you are goin to find this average. Ignorants

DirtMcgehrk
09-23-2010, 11:37 PM
People love Raw Footage and believe that this is worst

Stupid internet geeks, this is a hyphy-oriented album. If you ain't on that hyphy style ofc you are goin to find this average. Ignorants

So if I don't like hyphy and I find this average then I'm an ignorant?

I can dig hyphy, I just thought that this album wasn't that great.

WooHa
09-23-2010, 11:43 PM
So if I don't like hyphy and I find this average then I'm an ignorant?

I can dig hyphy, I just thought that this album wasn't that great.

No, if you like hyphy you have to like that, too. If not that's ok with me

-The A to the Z-
09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
'worser' isnt a word brother,just letting ya know.

U-God is inclined to disagree with you there.