PDA

View Full Version : how is that new Robin Hood?

Olive Oil Goombah
09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
more period piece trash? entertaining???

another wannabe Gladiator?

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-22-2010, 07:15 PM
^in my opinion, it's all of the above...it's flawed, but it's generally well acted and beautifully shot like anything ridley scott does...it's worth a watch.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
better than the costner version?

Mindsword
09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
havent seen the costner version but the new one sucked... i was expecting awsome steal from the rich give to the poor, shooting with bows, cutting heads off kings, running around the forrest jumping from trees (well ok, it happened once..) and sexy maidens with huge cleavage, and all i got was a way too long shitty ass drama, with the fucking holier than thou "ooh im so tough" ass Russel Crowe bitch, and suddenly they were defending england against the french........ after 2 hours and 20 minutes, i was ready to kill my family (and anyone else in close proximity) in frustration...

another good old story, fucked up by hollywood industry fagwhorebitches.. at least disney wasnt involved.. maybe they saw it as under their standard...

Mindsword
09-23-2010, 01:45 PM
more period piece trash? another wannabe Gladiator?

yes. yes.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2010, 01:13 PM
lol...thats kinda what i figured but i thought maybe there would be some decent villains and action scenes.

Gladiator worked because of Jacquim Phoenix's character.

Undiluted Karma
09-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Lol and because of the other stellar acting, storyline and fight scenes.

Retard

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-29-2010, 06:59 AM
well in my opinion,i think this movie is the genesis to his whole prince of thieves thing,so they didnt emphasize too much on the crucial details,i think the upcoming ones will be iller

Dr Sleepwalker
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
I thought it was decent. I'd like to see it again soon, cus
when I saw it in theaters I was poundin' back pints in a boston pizza rite before the show and my focus wasn't at 100% lol.

From what I do remember is that it's visually pleasing, and interesting that they made it before Robin Hoods rebellion. He starts off a common knight 'n shit which I found kool. Alot of the plot is sort've a blur tho

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Lol and because of the other stellar acting, storyline and fight scenes.

Retard

hurt.

well in my opinion,i think this movie is the genesis to his whole prince of thieves thing,so they didnt emphasize too much on the crucial details,i think the upcoming ones will be iller

Thats cool, kinda like Batman begins?

I thought it was decent. I'd like to see it again soon, cus
when I saw it in theaters I was poundin' back pints in a boston pizza rite before the show and my focus wasn't at 100% lol.

From what I do remember is that it's visually pleasing, and interesting that they made it before Robin Hoods rebellion. He starts off a common knight 'n shit which I found kool. Alot of the plot is sort've a blur tho

Actually, that sounds good to me, cuz i was afraid it would be the same story told again, but if they are doin it like this, thats cool.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-30-2010, 07:52 AM
yea exactly

Urban_Journalz
10-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I had high hopes for this one because it looked good from the previews. But then, so does, "Skyline" and it'll probably be another fine display of douchebaggery. "Prince of Thieves" is a classic though.

Mumm Ra
10-29-2010, 07:17 AM
i wanted to know this too
maybe ill hit it up for a one dollar rent sometime