PDA

View Full Version : DJ Premier/Year Round Records to release 5 albums in 6 months...

claaa7
09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
damn i so hope that this will actually go through cuz there's been a big lack of Year Round Records releases ever since Premier founded the label despite quality artists and one of the best producers in the game. the few albums they have released have all been worth copping and looking at that list i'll gladly support each and every one of those albums. shouts to the DJPremierblog.com for the info:

http://i53.tinypic.com/atsv9i.jpg
Year Round Records schedule for the next 6 months starting december 2010:

-Beats That Collected Dust Vol. 2; DJ Premier instrumental series continues.

-Hustla’s Union (Local NYGz); Debut album by NYGz a hundred % produced by DJ Premier.

-Already!; Debut album by Texas artist Khaleel.

-Destination Unknown; Debut album by New Jersey artist Nick Javas.

-Get Used To Us; Year Round Records compilation album featuring NYGz, Nick Javas, Khaleel, Blaq Poet, KRS-One, Grand Puba, MC Eiht, Young Maylay, Lady of Rage, Royce da 5′9″, Bumpy Knuckles and Dynasty.

do y'all realise how dope it would be if DJ Premier is the sole producer of that Year Round Records compilation. that would be like his "Soul Survivor" album finally.

WooHa
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Can't wait for that instrumental album and for Nick Javas debut.

deeznutz1981
09-23-2010, 04:52 PM
damn i probably will be copping at least 3 of those! been waiting on NYGZ official album for a long ass time now! nick Javas should be dope and that compilation made me shoot a huge load in my pants

Lex Lugor
09-23-2010, 05:16 PM
I enjoyed the last beats that collected dust very much.
So theres no word that preem will be doing that compilation album himself?

claaa7
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
^ nope but i read that one of the tracks that will be featured are the "Ya Dayz R #d" (NYGz) remix with Freddie Foxxx, Royce Da 5'9" and Lady of Rage so i guess it's not all new tracks. either way it will be great to have them on a collected official CD.

fatboybrandon
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I hope the legendary producers like Premier can come through and drop more heat, it seems like their in a better position to make good music than most of the new acts.

Premier probably lives more comfortably from his touring and DJ gigs than many new internet artists who are on their grind for recognition. The music industry is harder than ever and to me it's started to show in the music.

I look forward to the NYGz project the most at this point, seems like they have the best chemistry

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-23-2010, 05:53 PM
so premier has given up on doing albums with MCs that are actually listenable?

Jin10304
09-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah not happening....still waiting on the VS Pete Rock album & the KRS One album from Premo

claaa7
09-24-2010, 03:22 AM
some of these will most likely happen. the NYGz album will drop sooner or later, that should be the one he focuses the most on. i loved NYGz debut album and since this will be 100% Premier it should be legendary + the leaks from it has all been instant classics if there is such a thing.

MaskedAvenger
09-24-2010, 04:06 AM
So what the fuck is happening with the Nick Javas album.

THE MASON
09-24-2010, 04:08 AM
definitely want the instrumental tape, any preemo (or other dope producer) instrumental album imma add to my collection, same with that compilation. agreed about the Soul Survivor statement, i been waiting on something like that from preemo

peace, thanks for the info

LONDON!
09-24-2010, 09:34 AM
props for the info

claaa7
09-24-2010, 10:57 AM
So what the fuck is happening with the Nick Javas album.

lol did you miss the first post?