PDA

View Full Version : And The Next DJ Muggs VS. Album Is.......

DirtMcgehrk
09-23-2010, 05:30 PM
.......DJ Muggs VS. B-Real

"DX: When can we expect the next proper B-Real solo and Cypress Hill record?

B-Real: Well I know weíre going to start working on the next Cypress Hill record later next year, towards the summer. I have plans on recording a B-Real vs. [DJ] Muggs record. Thatís something that Iím looking forward to doing before we start the next Cypress Hill shit. Thatís definitely something Iím looking forward to."

Read the full thing here:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1600/title.b-real-pay-it-forward

Not sure how I feel about this. I like Muggs, I like B-Real, but why not just call this a Cypress Hill album with full Muggs production. Seriously, Sen Dog is like the most irrelevant member of any hip hop group ever. I'm not saying when he spits he doesn't come hard, just that he doesn't spit enough. Still, it'll be nice to hear B-Real over some pure Muggs crack.

DirtMcgehrk
09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Just a side note: I made this post discounting the DJ Muggs VS. 6Blocc album, which is just going to be an EP.

Tecknowledgist
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
fuckin STUPID! give sen dog a couple hooks and some hypeman shit, a little verse somewhere and call it CYRPESS HILL for fuck sakes

b-real is such a clusterfuck

how you gonna have virtually no muggs on a cypress hill album, then have a solo album completely produced by muggs?

anyway, at least we're gonna get some good music

deeznutz1981
09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
people actually complaining in here? i dont care if he calls it b real's cock sucking festival the album is gonna be dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
This sounds stupid.

Only logical explanations I can come up with:
-B-Real won't be using the high voice.
-The album will follow the conspiracy shit of Kill Devil Hills & the sick jacken album

claaa7
09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
is DJ Muggs even a member of Cypress Hill anymore? it doesn't really seem that way considering he wasn't on the last one (pretty much at least) and now B-Real talking about doing an album with DJ Muggs and THEN doing the Cypress joint.

either way if this makes for better music i'm all for it (since DJ Muggs beats been alot better on the Vs. series than he made the last years with Cypress)

Guarded By Martyrs
09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Actually suprised it's taken this long to be honest.

Still, what happened to Goretex ?
That's a match made in heaven.

Tecknowledgist
09-23-2010, 07:14 PM
like angry said, muggs only makes albums with people he can chill with, smoke blunts with, hit the studio with etc and goretex is a notorious piece of garbage puddle of social diarreah that leaves every artist he's ever worked with with a bad taste in their mouth.

actually, just non-phixion but nobody has fucked with dude since

Mr. R&B
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
like angry said, muggs only makes albums with people he can chill with, smoke blunts with, hit the studio with etc and goretex is a notorious piece of garbage puddle of social diarreah that leaves every artist he's ever worked with with a bad taste in their mouth.

actually, just non-phixion but nobody has fucked with dude since

Yup, Goretex is a doucher.

I think he's got a Heroin problem or some such.

He offered his MySpace followers a verse if they wire transferred him 3 stacks.

A couple kids did it and never got a verse from the asshole.

He changed his name to Supercoven (lol), and his next album will drop the 12th of never.

Jin10304
09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
"is DJ Muggs even a member of Cypress Hill anymore? it doesn't really seem that way considering he wasn't on the last one (pretty much at least) and now B-Real talking about doing an album with DJ Muggs and THEN doing the Cypress joint."

Yeah hes a member but on Rise Up B-Real asked him to fall back for other producers to take a shot & have B-Real handle some production. It was requested. Calling a Cypress album wouldnt be proper, thats like saying Tribe albums are just Tip behind his/Ali & Dilla's production or Pete Rock not rapping on there 3 albums.

djskillz
09-23-2010, 11:28 PM
i'll buy it cause it's guaranteed good music but i do hope that muggs makes a decent contribution to the next ch album.

Lex Lugor
09-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Eeeeasy with yall niggas. If Goretex didnt want to be in non phixion anymore that doesnt make him any less great. And Divine, I doubt that ever happened.

Mr. R&B
09-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Eeeeasy with yall niggas. If Goretex didnt want to be in non phixion anymore that doesnt make him any less great. And Divine, I doubt that ever happened.

Nah, it's pretty much all true, homeboy is a twat.

It's not simply resentment over NH disbanding.

However, if you are Goretex trying to clear your name...LOLOL

hide1998
09-24-2010, 06:20 AM
people actually complaining in here? i dont care if he calls it b real's cock sucking festival the album is gonna be dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Co-sign!

sickdog
09-24-2010, 09:12 AM
it was know that muggs vs breal is next album (well u never can be sure ofc... only then they go to the studio u can be sure).

first i was skeptic but now iam happy, i dont give a fuck how they gunna call it, if its muggs vs b real iam ok with that, cuz it will be CYPRESS HILL for me, and iam fuckin happy, cuz cypress was a favorite band for me. now then breal took lead in cypress and i belive next album guna suck like rise up(down) iam happy to hear breal on muggs beats. so like i said i dont care that its muggs vs breal, its cypress hill for me, with sen dog or without him.

Mcthuggin99
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM
this is great!! i enjoyed B Real's verses on Kill Devil Hills more than the Rise Up album

it seems like Muggs brings out the best in B Real

sickdog
09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
it seems like Muggs brings out the best in B Real

well captain Muggs always did it. from 1991 till 2004.

oldie
09-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Yea like thread starter said, it's basically another Cypress Hill album cos Sen Dog utters like two verses and a couple of lines max, most pointless member of a group ever.
Why doesn't he do more?! Confuses the shit outta me

It's cool that we gettin new music, especially Muggs but vs B-Real and then another Cypress album. Ehhh???

Paranoid
09-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Nah, it's pretty much all true, homeboy is a twat.

It's not simply resentment over NH disbanding.

However, if you are Goretex trying to clear your name...LOLOL

he was kicked out no one knows how it really went down theres 2 sides to every story. idk what to think

Paranoid
09-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Yea like thread starter said, it's basically another Cypress Hill album cos Sen Dog utters like two verses and a couple of lines max, most pointless member of a group ever.

not like that in every song theres some where he gets to shine

DirtMcgehrk
09-25-2010, 11:57 AM
No no I agree with you. I also said he's not a bad rapper by any means, he just doesn't get to spit enough.

oldie
09-25-2010, 02:35 PM
not like that in every song theres some where he gets to shine

I ain't got the whole Cypress discography so an example would be cool ;)

Why wasn't Mellow Man Ace ever on any tracks, what was his beef?

claaa7
09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
he left the group for a solo career before they recorded the first album

Paranoid
09-25-2010, 04:17 PM
I ain't got the whole Cypress discography so an example would be cool ;)

g5N-XFbody8

main_man
09-25-2010, 06:17 PM
kinda anti-climactic news. its gonna be dope, dont get me wrong, but why not just throw sen dog on a couple of joints and call it a proper cypress hill album. cause thats what it is, for real.

still looking forward to this. b-real was in the zone on kill devil hills.

Jin10304
09-25-2010, 06:43 PM
"most pointless member of a group ever"

Naw he's just another hypeman/occasional rapper. Not THE most pointless, he reminds me of another Freaky Tah, but Flavor Flav takes that cake.

BIG D O
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Muggs has a mixtape with Bambu comin in a month or so too....

sickdog
09-26-2010, 04:35 AM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6438/10159415.jpg

oldie
09-26-2010, 05:09 AM

Shit that's a lot of Cypress! Why got 2 or 3 of the same album?

sickdog
09-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Shit that's a lot of Cypress! Why got 2 or 3 of the same album?

they all different, temples of boom - European version, limited edition double cd version and japan version with bonus track - smugglers blues (mega rare shit, 7 years been looking for it).

TDDUP euro version and japan version with 2 bonuses.

stonded raiders one euro version other limited edition.

singles have different track lists.

its just cypress on this pic, there is more soul assassins, funkdoobiest, house of pain etc..

claaa7
09-26-2010, 07:38 AM

nice collection man! that's dedication!

sickdog
09-26-2010, 07:43 AM
yeah thanks... btw as u see there is no rise up :( .... maybe later....

claaa7
09-26-2010, 07:47 AM
^ bc u thought it was wack or why?
that shit would bug the fuck out of me if i had the collection but was missing one album lol

sickdog
09-26-2010, 08:48 AM
^ bc u thought it was wack or why?
that shit would bug the fuck out of me if i had the collection but was missing one album lol

cuz its aint cypress... its "breal feat sendog and friends". no muggs no cypress, fact. ofc there is few bangers, tracks with Morello, guy from SOAD, few other joints, overall good hiphop with some rock album, but its not cypress hill.... how it can be cypress hill if there is no picture of Muggs in bucklet and there is written: produced by b real for AUDIO HUSTLAZ? wtf?!??! lol..... all this shit makes me sick... i have nothing agains Julio G, but damn... Muggs suppose to be on a pictures...

later i will buy it, not now, iam not ready yet lol. yesterday i finally received kill devil hills, shit is str8 FIRE. imagine how dope would be cypress hill album if take few joints from all 4 VS albums, and put cypress acapelas on it.... would be classick...

claaa7
09-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Why doesn't he do more?! Confuses the shit outta me

lol what about 5-Ft. from Black Moon, he was on like 3 tracks on "Enta Da Stage" and a few more on "War Zone". don't know why the fuck his role was that small..

hide1998
09-26-2010, 04:09 PM

Naw he's just another hypeman/occasional rapper. Not THE most pointless, he reminds me of another Freaky Tah, but Flavor Flav takes that cake.

Your hip-hop knowledge is lacking if you think Flavor Flav takes the cake. He had a very big role in PE. He was the perfect yang, to Chuck D's yin. Plus, he did some of the production (he was a member of the Bomb Squad), and could play several instruments.

Must be the young generation who only really know of Flavor Flav from Flavor of Love.

angry!
09-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Your hip-hop knowledge is lacking if you think Flavor Flav takes the cake. He had a very big role in PE. He was the perfect yang, to Chuck D's yin. Plus, he did some of the production (he was a member of the Bomb Squad), and could play several instruments.

Must be the young generation who only really know of Flavor Flav from Flavor of Love.

definitely a generational thing!!!!!!!!!

misinformed youth!!!!!!!!!! niggas drinkin from lead cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!

callin flava flav and sen dog useless....

WHAT!?!?!?!?!!?!?

2 of the illest HYPE MEN of ever... you niggas are unbelievable..

flav was the face of public enemy and sen dog got some of the illest backin vocals/fill ins on stage or in studio!!!!!!!!!

go to a cypress hill concert and tell me sen dog is useless.. fuckin bums!!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
definitely a generational thing!!!!!!!!!

misinformed youth!!!!!!!!!! niggas drinkin from lead cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!

callin flava flav and sen dog useless....

WHAT!?!?!?!?!!?!?

2 of the illest HYPE MEN of ever... you niggas are unbelievable..

flav was the face of public enemy and sen dog got some of the illest backin vocals/fill ins on stage or in studio!!!!!!!!!

go to a cypress hill concert and tell me sen dog is useless.. fuckin bums!!!!!!!
I guess people aren't used to hearing hype men inside the studio anymore

Mr. R&B
09-26-2010, 06:10 PM
lol what about 5-Ft. from Black Moon, he was on like 3 tracks on "Enta Da Stage" and a few more on "War Zone". don't know why the fuck his role was that small..

Because homie couldn't stay the fuck out of jail.

Everytime Black Moon started work on an album, dude got slapped with a bid.

Jin10304
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Please we all know Flav had some of the most important impact for PE as the group, I never denied that or his role with the rest of the Squad as producers. But in literal group terms, he standard 2nd hand hype man stuff. Adlibs for the main MC, interjections here n there, maybe a few verses throughout the song, etc. That was one Flavs role, just like Freaky Tah or even 5FT because he also had plenty of time to shine on War Zone (7 tracks, his most ever on a album). Doesnt need to be a generational thing either, just the knowledge to respect the Hip Hop legends is what you need and their roles in it.

sickdog
09-27-2010, 01:29 AM
fuck sendog haters, he is good, in earlier albums he have not so many bars, but look at TDDUP album ir that new rise up, he is shinin! + i think his solo album is good + the one with his brother Mellow Man Ace ghetto therapy. he is part of cypress and he handle his part very well.

Tommy
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Flavor Flav takes that cake.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but what a pitiful comment to make. Public Enemy are one of my favourite groups, and if you told me that Flava Flav wasn't as much apart of them as Chuck D I'd laugh in your face, as would the band members and any old schoolers. Public Enemy isn't Public Enemy without Flav, any real hip hop head will tell you this. You might as well say ODB was a useless member, De La Soul's Mase is a useless member, or, as some idiots are saying, Sen Dog is a useless member to Cypress Hill! Regardless of how small a role they play, nobody is bigger than the group.

Some fucking people.

oJ-ldcnhsLY
Cvy7MWjfVPE
^Flav makes this song as much as Chuck D does.

Do your research.

TAURO
09-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I always thought it was obvious that Flava Flav was the counterpoint to Chuck D. Flav's presence helped to keep the music from being overtly pretentious which a lot of political based rap tends to be, if you ask me his inclusion was a stroke of genius.

I know some of you are quite new to hip hop but I never thought this would need to be explained, just goes to show there are people here that really need their hands held while moving through this hip hop jungle.

main_man
09-27-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah, saying flav is useless is basically hip hop blasphemy.
he was a mega important part of the whole public enemy sound. he was a key in their success and legendary status. i know flavor of love made people wanna hate on him, but those people must not really be public enemy fans at all.

and sen dog did "latin lingo", right? one of the hardest cypress hill songs. he gets more props then most just based off that one contribution. not to mention being second only to flavor flav in the greatest hype men of all time category.

no respect for the true school anymore, huh? no wonder hip hop sounds like a buncha young retards who know what dick tastes like make it now.

Undiluted Karma
09-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Hip Hop elitism and elitism within all genres is lame, most people on the site seem to realise that fact that not everyone is well versed in hip hop knowledge or whatever, but theres a few idiots hanging around.

Sen Dog's contribution cant be questioned though.

Tommy
09-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Hip Hop elitism and elitism within all genres is lame, most people on the site seem to realise that fact that not everyone is well versed in hip hop knowledge or whatever, but theres a few idiots hanging around.

Sen Dog's contribution cant be questioned though.

I understand and agree with what you're saying, but there's elitism and just straight ignorance. For example, a lot of faggots on here had a go at me for saying I didn't like a particular Wu-Tang song - that's elitism. But saying Flava Flav was a useless member to PE is like saying Oscar De La Hoya was a useless boxer, Scottie Pippen was a useless player, Ringo Starr was useless etc. etc. It's just straight fuckery and ignorance.

Just because he wasn't Chuck D doesn't mean he was useless. I'm even gonna say that if you don't like Public Enemy then you surely can't be that big a fan of hip hop, they are without a doubt one of the most important and influential groups of all time.

main_man
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
well put, tommy.
and elitism is anti hip hop and what it stands for.

BUT...... we kinda need that shit right about now. without some hip hop PURISTS, folks wont make that hardcore shit that some of us hip hop junkies really need.
so until we can elevate the culture to where it needs to be, FUCK ALL WACK ASS SHIT!! lol

Frank Sobotka
09-27-2010, 03:26 PM
What I noticed is that allot of these elitist aren't even hip-hop heads.

THE MASON
09-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I always thought it was obvious that Flava Flav was the counterpoint to Chuck D. Flav's presence helped to keep the music from being overtly pretentious which a lot of political based rap tends to be, if you ask me his inclusion was a stroke of genius.

I know some of you are quite new to hip hop but I never thought this would need to be explained, just goes to show there are people here that really need their hands held while moving through this hip hop jungle.

co sign it all, but the bold is what Flav added, literally some flavour.

and its not elitist attitudes towards music, if you feel the need to critisize the music, at least understand it. if you dont then shut the fuck up.

sayin Flav didnt have a role means you havent done your homework enough to know what Flav contributed, at least give some evidence (which there isnt any really) of why you dont think so. its like without Freaky Tah the Lost boyz wouldnt be the same and they werent after he died.

Jin10304
09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Their production lacked by their 3rd album regardless of Tah.

"Regardless of how small a role they play, nobody is bigger than the group."

I guess I can even it out then, Sen Dog actually rhymed on later albums while Flav did handle production with the rest of the Squad.