PDA

View Full Version : Should I Upgrade to IE9?

King Tron 1
09-24-2010, 12:48 AM
for some reason while browsing some sites, including this one, I sometimes get a message saying:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://<Web site>.com. Operation aborted.

I looked for a solution, I was told to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8, but just recently they've released an Internet Explorer 9 Beta.

I know what is causing this, and know it probably will go away if I upgrade, but I've been reading about the why's and why not to upgrade to Internet Explorer 9.

I just want to know if anyone that has had no problems upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 or higher. (I currently have Internet Explorer 7 on Vista, in case you're wondering)

I'm also aware about Firefox & Chrome, so don't recommend to use that, unless you make a 100% convincing arguement.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps out.

Rame
09-24-2010, 05:50 AM
http://www.google.com/chrome

King Tron 1
12-09-2010, 01:30 AM
after looking further into the situation, I noticed that google chrome did get rid of the problem (for some reason I don't get it on Internet Explorer anymore either)

King Tron 1
12-09-2010, 01:32 AM
and that this thread is in the wrong forum

KZA
12-09-2010, 02:51 AM
how come you don't use firefox or chrome

King Tron 1
12-09-2010, 03:15 AM
naw I've been using Chrome for about the last 2 months.

I don't know about Firefox on whether it's actually that good or if it is all "hype", for lack of a better word

EAGLE EYE
12-09-2010, 04:09 AM
You should abandon IE all together because they are losing the majority they once had in the market share.

As a developer I sometimes wish they gave up on their horrible browsers years ago, since they've made establishing web standards extremely difficult because they were in the position to neglect anything the dev community complained about or brought forward.

FireFox, Chrome and Safari are leading the way because they have much better support for HTML5, CSS3, validation, and frameworks like jQuery or mootools + include engines that process javascript faster than any microsoft product.

But if you wanna stick with IE, then maybe wait until the version 9 beta period is over, since beta builds aren't really intended for the consumer audience.

food for thought
12-09-2010, 07:12 AM
lol cmon man

u must be the last person using IE in 2010

use chrome or firedox, preferabbly chrome

FireFox, Chrome and Safari are leading the way because they have much better support for HTML5, CSS3, validation, and frameworks like jQuery or mootools + include engines that process javascript faster than any microsoft product.

Undiluted Karma
12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Im not a tech guru or some shit but i dont like using IE nor do i trust it.

Firefox is better prefer it, it seems more unstable or maybe thats just my pc

personally i cant stand chrome cuz of the interface its not a wack browser but i just dont like using it.

Safari is nice but i prefer mozilla

billyanalogue
12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I'd advise most people to upgrade to IE9 as the new security features will prove to be most useful to you in the near future.

netscape check two
12-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Netscape Navigator is decent too.