PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Feet presents RE-Rocked: Pete Rock Remix Tape

THE MASON
09-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Bronze Feet Presents:
http://pleasedontstare.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/peterock.jpg
RE-ROCKED: A Pete Rock Remix Tape (http://www.mediafire.com/?d8uma3m9u9es1yh)

1. Flow On - Lords of the Underground
2. Slow Down - Brand Nubian
3. Shut Em Down - Public Enemy
4. Straighten It Out - Pete Rock & CL Smooth
5. Rampage Feat. LL Cool J - EPMD
6. Funky Lemonade - Chi Ali
7. Tic Toc - Lords of the Underground
8. Got Yourself a Gun - Nas
9. Decepticons - One Be Lo
10. Whateva Man - Redman
11. Stone Garden - Psycho Realm
12. Can't Stop the Prophet - Jeru the Damaja
13. The Militia Feat. Big Shug and Freddie Foxxx - Gang Starr
14. Fades Em All - Jamal
15. Real Hip Hop - Das EFX
16. Resurrection - Common
17. Once Upon a Time - Slum Village
18. Hip-Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature
19. Jussumen - Das EFX
20. Shout - Onyx
21. Revenge - Grap Luva
*All tracks are Pete Rock remixes

i have been listening to a lot of Pete Rock this month, and have been working on collecting some of my favourite Pete Rock remix joints. I (like claaa7) like to try and make these albums flow like studio albums. everything should be tagged up proper as well. click the title for the download link.

so any feedback would be appreciated.

anyways, like i said these are some of my favourite remix joints I have collected in the recent weeks. there are a few missing because i couldnt find them (or the quality was way too poor) but if you are a Pete Rock fan, i think you will enjoy this tape.

peace and enjoy :spin:

THE MASON
09-24-2010, 03:40 PM
also, i dont think some of these are remixes, just blends. so i apologize for that but i enjoyed them enough to add them

claaa7
09-24-2010, 03:47 PM
good looking Bronze, that looks like a dope mix. it's great we get these contributions, it makes the forum more enjoyable and can spark discussion. i'll give it a spin... i think the 3 tracks on here that are blends are the following:

6. Funky Lemonade - Chi Ali
7. Tic Toc - Lords of the Underground
8. Got Yourself a Gun - Nas

THE MASON
09-24-2010, 04:31 PM
peace C7

i thought got yourself a gun was a blend but i still like it. after spinning this a few times, i think it plays out nicely. a good mix of vibes from all the tracks.

sorry about the varying qualities, but it was hard to find the tracks in the same bitrate

TAURO
09-25-2010, 07:03 AM
props.

UncontrolledSubstans
09-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks. "9. Decepticons - One Be Lo " is dope!

claaa7
09-25-2010, 08:37 AM
nevermind... lataaah

THE MASON
09-25-2010, 10:42 AM
good looks everyone

i really enjoy this tape, but being that im biased towards myself, dont really count haha.

but the flow of it is really good imo and some of these remixes are better the the OG trackes imo. personally, Pete Rock is the best producer in hip hop, everything about his productions are perfect. his beats are full of so much soul and instantly bring you into the music.

thing about PR, is that his drums and sample game are top notch that any emcee could sound ill over one of his tracks, but he only works with cats who he can vibe with (like Muggs) and that makes the music infinitely better

THE MASON
09-26-2010, 04:40 PM
any thoughts?

Frank Sobotka
09-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Downloading now, missing allot of these type of tracks because I wasn't around in the nineties.

TAURO
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
any thoughts?

I played this on my mp3 player the night before to and from work. I have to say there was alot of excellent choices on there. I had not heard the remixes to Got yourself a gun and hip hop hooray before so props for bringing those to my attention.

There were some tracks that I thought didn't fit P Rock's jazzy vibe and in which case I still preferred the originals, but real hip hop by Das EFX P Rock remix is one of my favourate tracks of all time and I much prefer it to Premo's original.

Top marks though on an excellently made compilation. This is definately a download for real hip hop heads.

THE MASON
09-27-2010, 10:47 AM
thanks for the feedback El Don.

i agree about Real Hip Hop, i like it more then the Og version. thanks for the link on that one. i also like Flow On remix better then the Og for some reason. it doesnt happen often i like remixes more then the Og version

but ya, thanks for checkin, cant rep you right now

Frank Sobotka
09-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Added the tracks of which I had the OG album as leftover.

Love the shout remix.

These compilations are great for younger hip-hop heads like me who weren't around when they were released.

Props

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
there were allot of these remixes i hadn't heard in a while, good look Bronze

J.T.S.
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM
aww man Pete rock is defintely one of my favorite producers as well d/l know.

TAURO
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
These compilations are great for younger hip-hop heads like me who weren't around when they were released.

This is true also, it is a great way for the youngins to get in on some pete rock and why he is well regarded for his remixes.

THE MASON
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
agreed, if these tapes help the younger generation get into the legends that help build hip hop then all the better, plus it makes it worth my time to makes these or whoever makes em.

Frank Sobotka
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
^Mind if I post this on another forum?
WIll mention you ofcourse

THE MASON
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
naw go for it

THE MASON
10-02-2010, 07:20 AM
one last bump for the babies

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-02-2010, 09:03 AM
anyone got any of Pete Rock's prod songs for IWW for Nas?