PDA

View Full Version : I refuse to believe The Resurrection is Geto Boys best album..

Lex Lugor
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Been listening to Scarface for years, but I was just recently put on to Geto Boys albums. Someone told me that Resurrection was widely considered their greatest album, and thats the one I should get, so I did, but now im a little disappointed by it. I heard various other Geto boys tracks namely "Mind Playing Tricks On Me" and "Mind Of A Lunatic", I want the Geto Boys album that sounds like that!

djskillz
09-27-2010, 12:10 AM
We Can't Be Stopped
The Resurrection
Till Death Do Us Part
Grip It! On That Otha Level
Scarface - Mr. Scarface Is Back

Lex Lugor
09-27-2010, 12:22 AM
noted.

Gravediggaz
09-27-2010, 04:06 AM
The Resurrection to me is there best album....shit is so hard....gangsta rap at its best

b-dolo
09-27-2010, 04:58 AM
there are so many quoteables on that album, just tell me where to start. here is one

My road dogg got shot with a tech
the bullet went through his head and came out his motherfuckin neck

Lex Lugor
09-27-2010, 05:00 AM
IDK maybe it just needs to grow on me. I will admit tho First light of the day is a killer joint. Pretty much the only song I like on the album so far.

Gravediggaz
09-27-2010, 05:20 AM
cause it die muthafucka die muthafucka STILL.....i miss gangsta rap

main_man
09-27-2010, 06:01 AM
no, lex, i dont think its the best geto boys album either. and im a geto boy fan from back in the day. one of my favorite groups.

i say, listen to grip it on that other level & the geto boys self titled album. its the exact same album, but the self titled one is a rick rubin remaster with different studio takes and shit like that. both are dope and when it came out was considered one of the most offensive records made.

great samples. a lot of soul and ill guitar loops. you got a 18-19 year old scarface tearing shit the fuck down lyrically. willie muhfuckin dee just spitting straight hood truth. willie wasn't the best mc, but that muthafucka was the truth, no question. and crazy ass murdering dwarf gangsta bushwick bill making you his prision bitch.

i really dont think gangster rap gets any better than that.

but we cant be stopped & the resurrection are 2 & 3.
grab uncut dope if you just want a geto boys greatest hits album.
and mr. scarface is back is one of the best hip hop albums, period.

David Daniel Davis
09-27-2010, 06:47 AM
IDK maybe it just needs to grow on me. I will admit tho First light of the day is a killer joint. Pretty much the only song I like on the album so far.

That is my favorite joint on the l.p.; with time the rest will grow on you.

angry!
09-27-2010, 09:41 AM
youre not gonna get how revolutionary geto boys were unless you were up on it back in the day...

the resurrection is one of their best but we cant be stopped is my personal fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geto boys didnt give a fuck... NWA was sellin the block.... geto boys sold the block, and the nigga gettin spilled on it!!!!!!!!!

real killa shit... the hardest shit on the planet, murder, sex, drugs, paranoia, mental illness... no made for TV shit!!!!!!!!!!

sampling SCARFACE all over the place... alot of niggas owe their style to the geto boys, anybody gettin extra gully on the mic has to pay respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you liked 2 songs off the joint!?!?!?!?! probably not your cup of tea then bruh... leave it to the trill niggas!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas is funny... it seems wrong to discover somethin as gully as geto boys through google search blogspots... not feelin it!?!?!?!

new age faggots!!!!!!!!!!!!

main_man
09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
great post, angry. thats why your my boy. lol

i guess its hard for people to realize how hardcore the geto boys were back in the day if they didnt witness it first hand.

nwa had the talent and the popularity & 2 live crew were a lightning rod for right wingers who wanted to shut this hip hop thing down. but i always thought the geto boys shit was way more grimey and had a better sound to it.

above the law were talkin that real street/hustler shit & the geto boys just had that sick ass gangsta/murderer shit.

ahhhhhhh, the 90s.lol

hide1998
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
From skimming this thread, I feel a bit bad I'm not that familiar with Geto Boys work. Scarface I know well, but I'm going to backtrack through Geto Boys catalog. Thanks all.

Lex Lugor
09-27-2010, 06:05 PM
youre not gonna get how revolutionary geto boys were unless you were up on it back in the day...

the resurrection is one of their best but we cant be stopped is my personal fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geto boys didnt give a fuck... NWA was sellin the block.... geto boys sold the block, and the nigga gettin spilled on it!!!!!!!!!

real killa shit... the hardest shit on the planet, murder, sex, drugs, paranoia, mental illness... no made for TV shit!!!!!!!!!!

sampling SCARFACE all over the place... alot of niggas owe their style to the geto boys, anybody gettin extra gully on the mic has to pay respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you liked 2 songs off the joint!?!?!?!?! probably not your cup of tea then bruh... leave it to the trill niggas!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas is funny... it seems wrong to discover somethin as gully as geto boys through google search blogspots... not feelin it!?!?!?!

new age faggots!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just said I wanted tracks like mind of a lunatic man lol what are you talkin about? If you ask me I say the resurrection is a little too 'new age' for what I was looking for. I was looking for something more raw, them mental illness raps like you said and heavy funk samples (which is something resurrection isnt). You got it all twizler 'trill nigga'.

CharlesJones
10-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Till Death Do Us Part and We Can't Be Stopped are their best albums to me. The Resurrection has some good songs though like my favorites Still, Geto Boys and Girls, Niggas And Flies, Point Of No Return, The World Is A Ghetto, Hold It Down. LOL@Willie D's lyrics on Niggas And Flies and Point Of No Return songs hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Willie D is so funny. Check out these lyrics he said on Niggas and Flies about ignorant blacks. These lyrics had me laughing a lot.

Niggas and flies always in some shit. Nigga can't stay outta shit for shit LOL. Nigga robbed a bank. Now everybody know cause the nigga had a Rolls Royce flipping through the ghetto LOL. Nigga bought his ho a fur coat the next week and them laws had his ass walking buttnaked down the street LOL. You want drama nigga? I gots drama. What about these niggas buying beemers living with they momma? Hahahahahahahahahaha. What about these tenna shoe chasing bitches? Fucking athletes to obtain them riches. But they hate it when a nigga call em hoes and tramps and sluts but if the shoe fits, lace it up LOL. Niggas ain't good for shit but eating barbecue hahahahahahahahahahaha. And holding other niggas back is all we do LOL. Niggas annoy me like flies. If it was up to me, i'd burn a gang of you hoes alive LOL.

I went to the million man march. It was all good. A bunch of niggas standing up for their manhood but niggas are so idiotic, they still found something fucked up to say about it LOL. But that's a nigga for your ass g. Holla at a nigga if you looking for some negativity hahahahahahahaha. Cause niggas got plenty of it. I think they love it. Clarence Thomas, you a muthafucking puppet. Asskissing politicans ain't shit to me and muthafuck the NAACP. Muthafucking cowards sucking up to the sponsors. They couldn't give a fuck about the black youngsters. So called black radio stations running they flap talking about they don't play rap. But rap pay the bills muthafucka. It keeps a nigga outta jail cocksucker LOL. A nigga get on top and niggas hate it cause niggas can't stand to see another nigga make it LOL. So how the fuck niggas coming together to take the first step when every nigga is out for self? LOL.

Here's his lyrics from Point Of No Return song

J Edgar Hoover, i wish you wasn't dead so i can put a bullet in your muthafucking head. God damn faggot LOL. Muthafucking drag queen LOL. I know you put the hit on Martin Luther King, Fred Hampton, Malcolm and the others. You redneck punk muthafucka LOL. Bob Dole, keep your muthafucking mouth shut before a nigga beat your old ass up hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Last weekend i just watched the Geto Boys Yes Yes Ya'll video for the first time on YouTube from their last album The Foundation. That's a tight song. I also looked at their G Code video from The Foundation album for the first time on YouTube and the video sucks but the song is hard.