PDA

View Full Version : How much unreleased shit do you think Nas got?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
e-7ZtDoyieU

Fuck, Nas laced some of his best lyricism on that song (thanks for claaa7 for pointing it out). And i was wondering, do you think Nas has a hardrive full of unreleased shit as fucking dope as this? Nas could make a fortune so why not just release all his material? Like i am pretty sure Lost Tapes wasn't his greatest unreleased shit, i think he has really DOPE songs and he just ain't putting them out there. Why isn't he putting them out there? He could claim the title of being the greatest so why not just put his best work up there?

angry!
09-28-2010, 11:13 AM
i think nas has forgotten about potentially classic tracks all over the map...

hes a prolific writer... records like water... been at it hard for 20 plus...

BOOK OF RHYMES says it all... this nigga was thumbing through throwaways spittin jewels!!!!!!!!!!!

producers/studios/nas/family/labels... theres nas material that could come from anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

impossible to put a number on it, but if i had to guess... id say niggas have heard probably 10 percent of what hes recorded in his time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas like g rap are very selective in what they record, nas always been a studio rat!!!!!!!!

and when niggas record like nas, you tend to record something and move on... theres some shit sittin on a beat machine right now a producer wants to drop, but nas prolly finds flaws in it... also factor in the red tape that surrounds droppin music, clearing samples, dealing with label heads... etc.

NAS vault/mobb deep vault/wu tang vaults/DR DRE vault.... these are treasures.. maybe well get access when theyre gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Nas is truly a genious, i just wish he would like released 10 Lost Tapes with all his songs. I am kinda bugged by the fact he might have so many unreleased gems.

Frank Sobotka
09-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I always thought that illmatic only had 9 tracks because nas thought/knew that any more would hurt the quality.
Not to say that these tracks would be bad but the album wouldn't be as greatly received if he had added 9 8/10 tracks instead of these 9 10/10 tracks
He probably has another illmatic in his vaults.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Do you think he would ever release those? I think Nas has the most unreleased shit out of any artist, even 2Pac.

Frank Sobotka
09-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Do you think he would ever release those? I think Nas has the most unreleased shit out of any artist, even 2Pac.
Probably, but most likely after his death.
A greedy relative will most likely exploit his death and if not there must be another hip-hop head in his family who knows the importance of nas' library.

claaa7
09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
an insane amount of material i would believe.. he's the hardest working guest spot artist together with Jay-Z, Raekwon will be there too if he continues like this and there's alot of joints scrapped from each of his albums. his energy and ability to rhymes is unmatched, i bet he got loads. "Lost Tapes 2" can very well be made up of all tracks we've heard before but never on his retail albums. they still haven't been releaseed tho and there are loads of tracks i would love to have in the collection. a full mastered version of "What It is" for example, "Good Morning" was crazy, "Death Anniversary", the original "Hope" - i sooo hope he's gonna put that monster on there in perfect quality. one of the most ruggedest boom bap joints Nas done since his DJ Premier/"I am" era

benzo
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
the og Hope is the boom bap joint yu're talking about? i gotta go back and find that...

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-28-2010, 09:02 PM
an insane amount of material i would believe.. he's the hardest working guest spot artist together with Jay-Z, Raekwon will be there too if he continues like this and there's alot of joints scrapped from each of his albums. his energy and ability to rhymes is unmatched, i bet he got loads. "Lost Tapes 2" can very well be made up of all tracks we've heard before but never on his retail albums. they still haven't been releaseed tho and there are loads of tracks i would love to have in the collection. a full mastered version of "What It is" for example, "Good Morning" was crazy, "Death Anniversary", the original "Hope" - i sooo hope he's gonna put that monster on there in perfect quality. one of the most ruggedest boom bap joints Nas done since his DJ Premier/"I am" era

For real, Nas is like one of the very rappers that are actually passionate about their music and not the money. He's like Rakim in a way, they both love their music and not the money.

How many records do you think Nas records for each album? For some stupid reason, he always leaves the best records off the albums, i mean IWW would have been a better album if it had included that Deja Vu song, but fkn Columbia.