PDA

View Full Version : Are we truly alone in the Universe?

Oztradamus
09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Th0ENBmeA

Oztradamus
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
eeerrr, I posted in the wrong section.. MODS Can you move this to Know The Ledge

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-28-2010, 11:11 PM
yeah we probably are because it would make more sense and would be unusual that we, WE were the products of the one off chance of life evolving to such an intelligent form.

Either that or you believe that life itself is a inevitable consequence and law of the universe that will always happen if given the right conditions. which is saying something.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-28-2010, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Th0ENBmeA

and the first one in this video from 2:45m is clearly a fucking weather balloon man, come on, that was dumb.

Lex Lugor
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Fucking commercial breaks?!
Not only does refreshing the page seem to not skip the advertisements anymore, but now theres like eight commercial breaks peppered throughout.. Youtube fucking up yo

grt05
09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
yeah we probably are because it would make more sense and would be unusual that we, WE were the products of the one off chance of life evolving to such an intelligent form.

We probably aren't.

the silencer
09-29-2010, 06:27 PM
in the entire universe?

is our sun the only one, one star out of many many TRILLIONS, to evolve a planet that sustains life?

i doubt it

i think our own existence is proof that there's definitely other planets with advanced life forms in the universe (shit, maybe they're even "humans")...in fact I think the universe is probably bursting with life

i also think there are probably other dimensions (for lack of a better word) within the universe that we're not aware of

i think the human mind has achieved alot but is far too feeble to understand this nearly infinite cosmos we came out of

and no i didn't watch the video

Rame
09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
^ It's not proof but there's a big possibility.

I don't believe in UFO's flying around our planet but there's a lot we don't know about the universe.

grt05
09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
^+1 on the dimension theory.

Not entirely sure if this is on topic(it kinda is)but hopefully this video is able to make you rethink the idea that we have some intelligent designer.

p_nqySMvkcw

claaa7
09-29-2010, 06:38 PM
in the entire universe?

is our sun the only one, one star out of many many TRILLIONS, to evolve a planet that sustains life?

i doubt it

i think our own existence is proof that there's definitely other planets with advanced life forms in the universe (shit, maybe they're even "humans")...in fact I think the universe is probably bursting with life

i also think there are probably other dimensions (for lack of a better word) within the universe that we're not aware of

i think the human mind has achieved alot but is far too feeble to understand this nearly infinite cosmos we came out of

and no i didn't watch the video

co-sign this, 100%, especially about the dimensions that are around us but we can't see too (besides very, very few who might be able to snap up things from there).. it's fucking illogical that we would be the only true life form in a never-ending universe, that's not even a chance. didn't watch the video either

Luz
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM

Either that or you believe that life itself is a inevitable consequence and law of the universe that will always happen if given the right conditions. which is saying something.

You honestly think there are no other living organisms in the universe? Are you serious?

copywrite
09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Just look up the drake equation. That's really all the proof you need.

the silencer
09-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Just look up the drake equation. That's really all the proof you need.
good point....i was kinda moving towards that, I remember Carl Sagan talks alot about it in his book "Cosmos"

as for aliens flying around our planet.....I'm admittedly pretty blown away when I see these TV shows with former Air Force dudes and commercial pilots (the type of people who wouldn't normally come out and bullshit and this kinda thing, esp the military dudes) talking about seeing crazy-fast moving aircrafts zooming thru the skies

if you know who William Cooper is (not the rapper but the dude he seems to take his name from), one of the things he talks about in his famous book Behold a Pale Horse is seeing military stuff about UFOs and USOs (Unidentified Submerged Object)

also, a quick story. When I first moved out here to California i had no job and no idea wtf i was gonna do with my life and those first couple weeks I was here all I did was hang out with a friend I had made and blaze buddha. One night we were chilling at the beach tokin with a sick view of the stars above us and, once blazed, we both just laid back in the sand and stared at the stars. Very clear night with lots of stars. We start seeing one of the stars kinda gliding back and forth, then further back and forth, then just kinda zooming all throughout the sky. I thought at first it could be a piece of dust coming down from the atmosphere and burning up like a so-called shooting star but it just kept moving long distances across the sky and going back. Shit was crazy and I can't think of any explanation for it. Me and my friend both saw it and were buggin the fuck out.

The end

Rame
09-30-2010, 09:48 AM
UqhkfIrJ_Ic

Urban_Journalz
10-01-2010, 09:35 AM
If now, after all the information that's out there, you still think we're alone in the universe, you're a fucking moron that should kill yourself.

pro.Graveface
10-01-2010, 02:01 PM
infinite, we in 3rd dimension yall forget??? focuz the spirit with ya mind!!!!

InsurgenT
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
To say there's no life in the universe is like to take glass of water out of the ocean and say there's no fish in the ocean.

Rollo
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
There may be other life, there probably isn't, but there may be.

InsurgenT
10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
This pic don't prove anything, but makes you wonder
http://i53.tinypic.com/fnjhl.jpg

p-rok73
10-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't think we're alone. I think sometime in this century we will discover some form of life form in the universe. It could be as small as an organism, but the fact that we discover anything that can live outside our planet will be probably be the biggest discovery of mankind. Or, something might find us. As Stephen Hawking warned us in a program earlier, we might not like what is out there.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I suggest people interested to read "Origin of Life" by Paul Davis. Very easy to read, but explains everything about this, on both sides of the arguement in perfect detail and clarity. That book contains pretty much all you need to know on this subject.

Frank Sobotka
10-03-2010, 03:12 AM
speaking of other dimensions.
I recently had this random idea: We know there are 11 dimensions in space so could aliens have a different dimensional set then we have?

Marlo Stanfield
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
maybe you are alone in the universe

look at the life around you, saturating every square inch