PDA

View Full Version : Hell Razah - Heaven Razah Reviews

Jin10304
09-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Dropped yesterday (28th), some ill production & rhymes. Glad he really shined on the solo tip instead of relying on guest features (ahem Remarkable Timing). Ill write my review later...

1. The Arrival (Intro) [prd by Dev 1]
2. Negro Angelitos [prd by Dev 1]
3. Book Of Heaven Razah [prd by Rainmayqah]
4. Medical Kush [prd by Bronze Nazareth]
5. Raised In Hell [prd by Mathematics]
6. Fear Of God [prd by Godz Wrath]
7. Cinematic [prd by 4th Disciple]
8. Return Of The Renaissance w/ RA The Rugged Man [prd by Dev 1]
9. Kids In The Street [prd by Ayatollah]
10. A Brooklyn Tale (as T.H.U.G. Angelz) [prd by Shroom]
11. Selah (A Thug's Prayer) [prd by St. Peter]
12. Dear Lord (Project Heaven) [prd by Dev 1]
13. My Testimony w/ Darnell McClain [prd by Blastah Beatz]
14. Heaven On Earth w/ Timbo King & Darnell McClain [prd by Blastah Beatz]
15. Armageddon (Heaven & Hell)/Araboth [prd by Havoc/Dev 1]

racist randy
09-30-2010, 09:13 AM
1. The Arrival (Intro)
Ok. Here we go. Get Ready for take off. Hell Razah is on some different shit with this album right here. Listen to this intro. You feel like you being levitated in the air listening to this shit. Listen to these lyrics, he is not playing any games on here. Very deep on this Intro. "They Took the image of Pac and gave you Kanye"......hmmmmm??? This man is going in. The beat is nice though. I'm feeling it, this track perfectly describes what this album is going to be about, if you're not ready take a step back. 4/5

2. Negro Angelitos
I'm not gonna lie, this beat is wack. Not feeling it. Besides that Razah's dartz on this are crazy, that picture he paints on here is VIVID. If you've been listening to Hell Razah since the beginning this shit should just hit you right on the head if it hasn't already. That first verse did it for me. Flawless rhyming. The second verse is even better, listen to his flow on that shit, listen to them lyrics, he starts heating up & heating up then he just cuts the verse short on us.

"Young Solomon my rap words form proverbs
Remain militant, most women wanna observe
We drink fine herbs, smell like frankincense and myrrh
Till my mind blood I'll mack like I'm Max Julien
Drop jewels make crews have to tuck jewelry in
Off one like Brand Nubian
Wisdom is better then rubies
You floss that'll attract groupies
While you fade away I stay alive where the truth be
Keeping Negro my eyes low there's bottles of dro'
Cuz after this ship I'm leaving here in UFO's"

3.5/5

3. Book of Heaven Razah
A nice smooth joint from Razah. One of my favorite traits from him, you're gonna get a smooth joint like this from him on his albums. Beat is nice on this one. The lyrics on this one are pretty deep, it took me awhile to catch em. He definitely is dropping jewels to his listeners, listen up! 4/5

4. Medical Kush
This is a nice chill joint, beat is cool. Lyrics make you forget all about the beat. He definitely is going in on this shit. Like it's too much to even type for this review to be honest. But his lyrics are just on a whole new level of rhyming. I'm waiting to hear this new Priest album now cause he's giving him a run for his money. Some of my standout lines are

"Brothers I love they done turned to haters
They all Judas so I gave them hangers
You Hindus they don't want the angers
I'm in PA in the shooting ranges
Coffee shop wit the newest Hagers
It's Star Wars without Ronald Reagan
And I'm a legend rap Larry Davis
Shooting at anything that's pagan"

This shit is raw & spiritual all in one. Hell Razah definitely stepped it up for this album. This is a pretty solid track, top 5 on the album. 4/5

5. Raised In Hell
Finally an uptempo track!! This shit goes in, I love how it first comes on then the beat drops, Razah just starts spittin on this shit, this sounds like some Razah's ladder shit to be honest. Hell Razah is slapping niggaz on the mic. Someone let this line though

"Tell these Clorox rapper this the new NY
Just because ??????????? I'll let 'em slide"

someone fill me in, I can't quite figure out what he's saying on that one right there. He's definitely taking shots at you know who, we don't need to discuss that. Anyways this is a solid track. 4/5

6. Fear of God
This is my favorite track on the album, this beat is just on some other shit, I can't really describe it, Hell Razah's lyrics just bring this shit to life, I feel like posting this whole verse down cause he is just going in on this shit "Jackie Robinson whips.....brooklyn dodgers" ha , my nigga Razah on some other shit.
***ok now peep this observation I made. Now him & Killah Priest are cool NOW. But idk if this was recorded before or after they resolved their beef but peep this.

"Every since I went solo I heard them taking shots on the low low
even though it broken my heart, why Manolo"

now we all know Manolo was Scarface's right hand man. (Priest in this case)

Now listen to his flow/voice from

"Ever since I was solo I heard 'em taking shots on the low-low
Even though it broke my heart, why? Manolo
I'm loco, can easily snap without a photo
The wrong one to come up on to get promo
Be with Silverback thugs, we give you bear hugs"

Now Priest been sounding like that on his recent shit lately, voice deep, slow flow...come on. To me that's a shot at Priest

****BUT THIS is all speculation. DON'T QUOTE ME. This is just something I noticed.

Anyways I'm giving this track a 4.5/5

7. Cinematic
Aight. I'mma keep it 100. This is a good story by Razah, I'm definitely feeling the concept on this one, but this is kind of boring to me. I think it's the beat. But I usually skip this one. But I definitely like how he uses the classic black flick characters and throws em on some street shit. 3.5/5

8. Return of the Renaissance (Feat. RA The Rugged Man)
Another uptempo joint. I'm feeling this shit. Both these dudes body the Mic. Hell Razah sets the tempo for this shit, I'mma be honest I'm not a fan of rugged man but he killed Razah on this shit

"As a Kid I wasn't interested in transformers,
wanted to be like Rambo and shoot rocket launchers"

ha, nice line right there. Solid track 4/5

9. Kids In The Street
Another banger, I'm feeling the street tale on this shit, Razah giving you these images man, we definitely need to step our game on these streets. I'm feeling the message on this one right here. This beat is fire on here too by the way. 4/5

10. A Brooklyn Tale (Feat. Shabazz the Disciple)
Shabazz took it on this one, back to that calm shit. Another street tale about people lost out here. I'm definitely feeling it, they touched the heart with this one right here. Story is clear is day on this one. When these two niggaz get on a track you know it's something good. 4/5

11. Selah
I'm feeling this one right here, this beat is real calming for real. Razah is bringing brothers together on this one. This is nice and short.
" I left hell in the elevator, next stop is the heaven razah" you can tell on this track. You get a different feel from Hell Razah on here, you can definitely tell it's a whole new persona on this album. I'm feeling it and I'm hoping we can get more. 4/5

12. Dear Lord
I'm not even gonna lie. I'm feeling the lyrics but this is kind of boring. I'm skipping this track 9.5/10 times it comes on. 3/5

13. My Testimony
This is the last track I actually play on this album, after this I'm hitting skip. It's hit or miss. I'm feeling the beat on here. Razah is solid on this shit, spitting that fire. As a Wu fan I must point this out

" bury them songs in that underground Wu ?????????"

Someone help me out with that one right there. After that line he says

"it's no beef just rest in peace"

hmmmmm??? Razah ok ok. This is a pretty solid track though. 4/5

14. Heaven on Earth (Featuring Timbo King)
Another boring track. I'm skipping this most of the time. Could've easily replaced this with something else. 3.5/5

15.Armageddon/Araboth
He could've ended the album off with something better to be honest. But this song does it job for the theme of this album. You gotta sit back and vision it. 3.5/5

Beats - 3.5/5
Lyrics - 5/5
Overall - 4/5

I wish there were some more uptempo joints on this album, this album runs kind of slow at some points to be honest. This album flows really well. I know I said before that this is his best work but I still need more time. The album does flow well, but I can take a track like "Smoking Gunnz" and it's better than half the songs on here. The lyrics on here definitely take you to another level. The beats could've been better to me, but they do the album some justice. I'm hoping we can get at least one more Heaven Razah album so I can see where this is going because I'm definitely Interested. ****Overall 4/5****

TAURO
09-30-2010, 10:15 PM
^^lol you take your reviews seriously....

....reserving my spot too lol

racist randy
09-30-2010, 11:28 PM
lol

claaa7
10-01-2010, 03:26 AM
i'm feeling this alot on the first spin, lyrically Heaven Razah is straight on point. lyrically it's probably close to a masterpiece and 50% of the beats hit me hard as hell such as "Arrival", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Streets", "Book of Heaven Razah", etc. but i got a feeling this is one of the albums you gotta take your time with. it's a fucking blessing more and more people (including rappers) are realizing what the fuck is happening/what we are and releases spiritual music that uplifts your soul instead of the same ol' bullshit.

TAURO
10-01-2010, 03:42 AM
^^Thats generally how I feel about Hell Razah's earlier work, more specifically Renaisance Child and Razah's Ladder. His lyrics are particularlly deep and multi lyered, a lot of time I won't fully understand what he's trying to say until after a few spins, it does take a while to fully appreciate his lyricism.

claaa7
10-01-2010, 04:39 AM
yes exactly and most people won't be able to grasp it at all, or doesn't even want to try to understand what he's saying. some stuff is a little out there, such as the theories about annunaki's and planet x, etc. but there's alot of people that believe in those things and there might very well be some truth to it. either way it's great that rappers like Razah, Priest, Sick Jacken, KRS-One and Ill Bill is doing their best to spiritually awaken people for 2012 (and no, i'm not talking about the world going under on some armageddon shit, i'm talking about the total opposite). it's a good thing not the entire album is like that tho, he switches it up nicely with "Cinematic", now i fully grasp how he dropping names from blaxploatation flicks while building an intense story and "Kids in the Street" and the song about the heroine junkie (can't remember the name) is other songs that stands out.

RA The Rugged Man's flow is too ill on "Return Of The Renaissance", definitely outshines Razah (but who doesn't he outshine), too bad Tragedy couldn't appear on here. Havoc really suprised me with the production for "Armageddon" - it doesn't sound anything like what we're used to hearing from him, he really conformed to Razah's stylee here.

i downloaded the album but it doesn't have a bonus cut after "Armageddon", could anyone post it? also i'm definitely going to buy this, altho i'm so low on money that i really, really can't spend money on an album right now but hey, the album is dope and i bet most people will sleep on this and Razah probably got a hell of alot of hospital bills to pay so let's unite and support this album. unless you think the album is horse shit there's no excuse not to. peace

shogun85
10-01-2010, 07:35 AM
I got u claaa7. Heaven Razah is definitely a Classic album.

MaskedAvenger
10-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Wow, This shit is a lot iller than I ever expected.

Protect ya Neck!
10-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah this is another Wu classic to add to the long list. Everything about the whole album is damn near perfect cept 1 or 2 beats. Razah came with the lyrics as always but he stepped it up on this one, and the production is excellent with his spiritual messages.

The Arrival - 10/10 - awesome intro and use of the sample

Negro Angelitos - 10/10

Book of Heaven Razah - 10/10

Medical Kush - 8/10 - for a bronze beat wasn't feeling it to much. bit to slow for me but it's alright.

Raised in Hell - 10/10

Fear of God - 7.5/10 - found the beat rather annoying

Cinematic - 10/10 - Wu classic

Return of the Renassiance - 10/10 - Straight fire

Kids in the Street - 10/10

A Brooklyn Tale - 10/10

Selah - 10/10

Dear Lord - 10/10

My Testimony - 10/10

Heaven on Earth - 10/10

Armageddon - 10/10

Stir Of Echoes - 10/10(I added this song at the end just because, it actually closes the album better than armageddon imo, it's just to dope lol.)

claaa7
10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Medical Kush - 8/10 - for a bronze beat wasn't feeling it to much. bit to slow for me but it's alright.

Fear of God - 7.5/10 - found the beat rather annoying

lol come on now man, you need to re-evaluate how you review and rate records. everything on "Heaven Razah" ain't 10/10, most tracks are great but i don't think i would give no song a perfect 10/10, there's definitely a lot of 9/10's tho.... and for tracks that you feel has wack beats how the hell can they still get 4/5 ratings?? that ratings should be reserved for tracks that you're really, really feeling!

THE MASON
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
i been tryin not to download it but after reading C7's little write up, its gonna be even harder not too.

i preorder it, and amazon still hasnt shipped my copy of it. so until then im stuck in the dark about this album. aint heard a single thing.

but the one thing i can agree with is the depth of lyricism that Razah has. i mean i made that thread on Ultra Sounds and it proved heads are really sleepin on duke. even myself slept on that album until now, his lyrics just suddenly shined through.

same with Razahs Ladder and Renaissance Child, both albums lyrically will hit you one day unexpected

food for thought
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
i'm feeling this alot on the first spin, lyrically Heaven Razah is straight on point. lyrically it's probably close to a masterpiece and 50% of the beats hit me hard as hell such as "Arrival", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Streets", "Book of Heaven Razah", etc. but i got a feeling this is one of the albums you gotta take your time with. it's a fucking blessing more and more people (including rappers) are realizing what the fuck is happening/what we are and releases spiritual music that uplifts your soul instead of the same ol' bullshit.

yes exactly and most people won't be able to grasp it at all, or doesn't even want to try to understand what he's saying. some stuff is a little out there, such as the theories about annunaki's and planet x, etc. but there's alot of people that believe in those things and there might very well be some truth to it. either way it's great that rappers like Razah, Priest, Sick Jacken, KRS-One and Ill Bill is doing their best to spiritually awaken people for 2012 (and no, i'm not talking about the world going under on some armageddon shit, i'm talking about the total opposite). it's a good thing not the entire album is like that tho, he switches it up nicely with "Cinematic", now i fully grasp how he dropping names from blaxploatation flicks while building an intense story and "Kids in the Street" and the song about the heroine junkie (can't remember the name) is other songs that stands out.

RA The Rugged Man's flow is too ill on "Return Of The Renaissance", definitely outshines Razah (but who doesn't he outshine), too bad Tragedy couldn't appear on here. Havoc really suprised me with the production for "Armageddon" - it doesn't sound anything like what we're used to hearing from him, he really conformed to Razah's stylee here.

i downloaded the album but it doesn't have a bonus cut after "Armageddon", could anyone post it? also i'm definitely going to buy this, altho i'm so low on money that i really, really can't spend money on an album right now but hey, the album is dope and i bet most people will sleep on this and Razah probably got a hell of alot of hospital bills to pay so let's unite and support this album. unless you think the album is horse shit there's no excuse not to. peace

dope posts as usual

repped.

BloodShot
10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Great album. Lyrics are on point. Production is ill. I didn't know how dope this album was going to be. I just hope the entire Sunz camp can get back together to make some great music.

josborne3680
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
So I have the physical copy of CD. Tracklisting is f'd up I am pretty sure. Which track is the Havoc beat? 15a or 15b? Peace

the silencer
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
only got to hear this twice so far but loving it....especially the first 6 or 7 tracks

will write a review when I get to soak it all in

kingaaronz
10-05-2010, 10:15 PM
great album. span it twice so far. beats are ill and as per usual razah comes on point

claaa7
10-07-2010, 02:19 PM

i have now had the album since yesterday and this is the 4th or 5th time i bumped it front-to-back since then and it's very, very rare for me to play one album more than one time a day. this shit is incredible, my favorite Hell Razah release so far, definitely worth the money (especially considering that the proceeds goes directly to Razah and his family). as i suspected it's one of those albums that grows on you with each and every listen, alot of the songs that had beats that didn't stick or lyrics that went over my head on first listens are starting to stick with me and the instant "classics" like "The Arrival", "Book of Heaven Razah", "Return Of The Renaissance", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Street" and "Selah" are becoming even better.

to have "The Arrival" as the first song on the album is brilliant, it really proves how important it is to start off your album with something that sticks to your mind and really stands out. usually i gets the urge to hear that haunting beat and Razah's introducing the album with alot of quotables like "My 7 Chakra's rotate around like a helicopter, before i switch to Kabbalah and curses of witch doctors" or "since the gay boule murged with CIA they killed the image off 2Pac and gave you KanYe". so i usually start with just having the urge to hear that joint and then the rest that follows is so ill and thought-provoking/well-produced that i can't stop til' the shit closes with "Armageddon" and that hidden bonus track (which is really dope).

anyone noticed Allah Mathematics is making a strong comeback lately, i wasn't feeling him much for years, nothing stood out to me - he sounded like a RZA clone but lately he's been fucking KILLING it with tracks like "Raised in Hell" (killing those fucking cuts right there too, adds alot to the joint) and it's great to hear that 4th Disciple is still in shape to produce heatrocks altho he is able to handle more soundscapes and vibes than before. "Cinematic" has the best usage of that sample i've heard a producer yet so far and lyrically Razah proves on this track and the incredible "Kids in the Street" (i wish he and Shabazz would make that fucking album with Ayatollah, the chemistry is incredible - this even sounds like a "Crime Saga Part II" to me), "Selah" and "Brooklyn Tale" that he's a prime storyteller as well as a spiritual awakener and to a lesser degree punchline rapper.

i love how it has the hardcore bangers, the abstract, dark grimey shit, the lighter reflective songs, the introspective cuts and the traditional spitting rhymes for the fuck of it (tho there's alot of knowledge on "Return Of The Renaissance" you get my point - that shit sounds like a straight up battle record) - "freemason rappers kissing dick for initiations, these are iffy situations"; what's up Jigga?!, What's up Kanye?!

it's waaay too early to give out a rating that i could stick with yet altho i probably heard the album about 10 times over a 1 week span but this is definitely between 4/5 and 4.5/5... also this is one of those albums that really gonna come down and show who's truly a Wu-Tang head or not considering the proceeds of the album goes straight to Razah's recovery and struggles - he's giving us enough good music that made us feel good at many points in our lifes that that's the least they could ask for. as i said before i can't afford this fucking album right now but no matter what i got it in my hand right now. WINGS UP!

GhettoGnom
10-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Word... Only heard the album 1 1/2 times, but this sound like pure fucking awesomeness.. Ordered, and about to listen to it once more. Will come back (if I remember too and if I get my internet back.. got damn)

THE MASON
10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
went to 15 stores in my city from mom n pop joints to the big retail stores, got the same response from each store........

we ordered it, just waiting for distribution...... i as far as i know this was distributed by Nature Sounds?

if so, huge fail on there be half......i was talkin to one store owner who had already turned away 30 sales at least for the album he said. straight up disgusting how this was handled........... get your shit straight Nature Sounds, tell us to support the man, we try and YOU let us, the FANS down!! fuckin SMH

the silencer
10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
got a chance to really get into this album this morning on a long drive..

the opening is absolutely epic, musical mental elevation..

there are admittedly a few duds towards the end (and far too much singing at the end) but this is an extremely good album....great listening experience

I'll have a big review for it soon

the silencer
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM
some immediately-memorable DOPE-ass choruses on here too

"Light up a bush of that medical kush..."

TRONIX
10-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I have played this album many times since I got it. I have all of Hell Razahs material and this has got to be his best work yet. You can tell a lot of effort and time went into this album from the selection of beats to Razahs choice of lyrics and a slightly different flow. The main aspect of this album is the subject matter which is very different on what others are doing in hip hop. I think this direction will only gain Razah more fans as its more for the mature listener but at the same time the younger generation who dont want to hear bling rap will appreciate what Razah has to say.

I enjoyed all the tracks which is rare for me. Dev1 stands out on this album and is the producer to look out for. He has a very simple style but it works so well over Razahs vocals. Godz Wrath provide a hype beat and 4th comes through with a dope beat as always. I like how there aint many features and the features he does choose really fit the album well. Timbo sounds really lazy on the track but it works with the beat.

Hell Razah needs maximum recognition for this piece of work which I think will stand the test of time and become a classic. I know this word gets thrown around a lot but to me every beat is great and Razah spits positive lyrics with real meaning all the way through. If I had to give a score I would say 9/10.

josborne3680
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah I agree on the comment of a few duds at the end. Opening track is insane though. Peace

NatureSounds
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
went to 15 stores in my city from mom n pop joints to the big retail stores, got the same response from each store........

We ordered it, just waiting for distribution...... I as far as i know this was distributed by nature sounds?

If so, huge fail on there be half......i was talkin to one store owner who had already turned away 30 sales at least for the album he said. Straight up disgusting how this was handled........... get your shit straight nature sounds, tell us to support the man, we try and you let us, the fans down!! Fuckin smh

it would be very helpful if you told us what city you are in and what stores you hit. Just to clarify nature sounds is the label and e1/koch handles the distribution on this album. We do the best we can to try to follow up on the distribution to make sure its done right but we rely on the insight from fans & stores in different cities so w can identify problems and try to solve them. Please let us know when you cant find the album info@nature-sounds.net

claaa7
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
why don't y'all just order it over the net, it's easier. going from store to store sounds expensive and time-taking as fuck LOL.

this album might just be my favorite album all year, the whole shit is on point - Razah got the whole spectrum covered. i love the lyrics on here, he's pretty much going where my mind and spirit is at right now... y'all should use google while you're banging this album if you're not familiar with alot of the shit Razah is speaking. don't be thinking this is no Christian/religious album in a traditional matter. "religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom" - one of the truest things ever said. Spirituality is a totally different thing tho since the books have been waaay to dilluted and conformed and is only used to control your mind as it is now.

how the hell does this album have some "duds" at the end tho?? damn, this is INCREDIBLE from song #1 to #16. took some time for a few songs to grow but everything here is ill, tracks like "My Testimony" and "Heaven On Earth" are straight BEAUTIFUL. i'd say this is Razah's equivallent to KP's "The Offering".

Jin10304
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
some of the production & singing at the end gets bland

J.T.S.
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Heaven Razah is definitely a Classic album

No fucking doubt banging this joint daily this album is like the perfect shit to mediate, and smoke too.
His lyrics are fucking amazing!!

Durag
10-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Definitly a dope album, nicely surprised by this.

"Cinematic" and the track with RA The Rugged Man are mixed up with each other on my cd, so not sure if the rest of da fuckin songs are mixed up too, anyone else have this problem?

Loving "Cinematic", although i think the piano sample was used better by Atmospher for "The Woman With The Tattoed Hands", the samples are pretty identicle, but Slug sounds better over it imo, great song though.

Holocaust
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
best album of the year so far

claaa7
10-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Definitly a dope album, nicely surprised by this.

"Cinematic" and the track with RA The Rugged Man are mixed up with each other on my cd, so not sure if the rest of da fuckin songs are mixed up too, anyone else have this problem?

same on my copy, those 2 are the only songs that are mixed up tho judging from the contents vs. track titles of each song.

racist randy
10-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Still waiting for my copy.

TAURO
10-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Still waiting for my copy.

Me too, it's taking fucking forever.

Durag
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon, came like two weeks ago.

This gets better and better with each listen, Hell Razah has always been one of my favourite Wu affiliates, he speaks on a lot of topics that others dont, and never comes across corney or sounding rediculous. Theres a certain honesty in his voice that you can almost feel like its relating to you in some way, even though hes speaking on general topics. That may sound rediculous but he has a way with words and you feel like he really believes what hes talking about.

P.s RA the Rugged Man fucking RIPS it on "Return of the Renaissance Child".

Jin10304
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM
"never comes across corney or sounding rediculous"

Negro Angelitos?

Durag
10-26-2010, 02:35 AM
^I ment the way he deliveries it. Some of the shit he says would sound fuckin stupid if it was rapped by someone else, he just has a way of telling shit like that.

EAGLE EYE
10-26-2010, 03:18 AM
how much you guys pay for the album? the record shop i went to had it for $15.99. that's highway robbery in 2010.

I've never spent over 14 in my life on a cd.

THE MASON
10-26-2010, 08:56 AM
^ average price for a cd like this where im at is like $16-18

anyways, i got this yesterday and paid that much lol but so far its been worth every penny. if you a Razah fan this will be one you NEED for your collection, imo it gives RC a run for his best solo joint yet.

production is dope, lyrics are dope, Razah delivers all types of concepts from straight emceeing to illuminati space shit.

right now im really feelin Cinematic, The Arrival, Medical Kush, My Testimony and Heaven on Earth but the whole album is amazing front to back

Durag
10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
how much you guys pay for the album? the record shop i went to had it for $15.99. that's highway robbery in 2010.

I've never spent over 14 in my life on a cd.

I had to order mine from Amazon.co.uk coz all of the Irish shops are robbin cunts, paid about 7 thats round $11 or that, add maybe another $2 for postage.

In the last few years i havent really spent more than 12 euros on cd's, bar some rare shit.

V1LLAIN
10-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Banger - classic opening track.

Holocaust
11-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Bronze outdid himself on Medical Kush

RynMur
11-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Top 5: Medical Kush, Raised In Hell, Return of the Renaissance, Kids In The Street, Dear Lord

Grade: 3.75/5 ...banger

Holocaust
11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
this is quickly becoming a classic album, I've been checking up on him since the Blue Sky Black Death release, at this time I'd give this effort 4.5/5. vintage wu piece, best song, kids in the street produced by ayatollah.

duotone
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
haaa....$14 $15... you got luxury problems...

in germany you pay for shit like this
16 = 21,7824 US-Dollar

V1LLAIN
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Hope RaZah puts out an instrumental album to this album.

TAURO
11-23-2010, 08:43 AM
This album finally came after a long delay with delivery due to some fuck up from the company I ordered from. Anyway I have it now and i've so far given a couple of full spins and my initial reaction is that this is probably his best album to date.

This album is really cohesive, I think each song goes well with the next, Hell Razah really put a lot of thought into what he wanted the soundscape to be on this album.

I will do a more thorough review later when i've have a bit more time to take it all in but right now im ranking this up as SUPERIOR.

Justis Hype
11-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Glad to see Wu fans embracing this work of art. The first time I listened to the album I immediately had it in a class with Killah Priest's Heavy Mental without the features of course. I have been promotiing this album as one of the best for 2010 even thou the overall promotion of it is horrible. We gave away some free copies of it on www.wutangmanagement.com a month ago....Might need to give out a few more...Bless also check www.wutangradio 24-7-365 for WTC and affiliates music...and much more!!

racist randy
12-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I just got my copy today along with "Apollo Kids" They had ONE copy in the store. ONE COPY. Distribution is fucking horrible. On first listen this IS his best work Heaven Razah>Freedom of Speech>Renaissance Child>Razah's Ladder>Ultra Sounds...
Fear of God is my shit, he just rips that shit, no hook or any of that shit, raw spitting...this is a good day indeed.

NatureSounds
12-21-2010, 09:44 PM
what store was it that only had one left?

racist randy
12-22-2010, 12:29 AM
FYE and i had to travel all the way to the burbs to get it....45 min ride

dafran
12-22-2010, 04:43 AM
post your review Hollow asap if you can, thanks man.

racist randy
12-22-2010, 10:19 AM
post your review Hollow asap if you can, thanks man.
lol aight you gotta give me a week or 2, i gotta let this one soak in first..imma have one up though

racist randy
12-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Feeling this album after 4-5 listens, only problem is that I wish some of the beats were more uptempo like "kids in the streets" & "Return of The Renaissance", I feel like im at the catholic church and they are playing that one tune where the lady is humming the whole time and the pope is waving smoke...the album is slow paced & Razah preaching through 3/4's of the album doesn't help, i feel like I'm at church waiting for the last prayer so i can get outta there, 3-4 more uptempo joints would've been better. Review coming in another 2 weeks, gotta let this soak in more.

Socrates92
12-28-2010, 06:23 PM
The Arrival is my favourite intro to a song on any album, EVER, I love that shit.

the silencer
12-29-2010, 03:47 PM
The Arrival is my favourite intro to a song on any album, EVER, I love that shit.

i've never heard anything like it....

it's not a song, it's an experience..

when i first got the album, a couple days later i had to drive up to LA at like 5 AM to meet somebody.....driving back down I blazed up and put this album on HIGH, with the sun rising and the mountains on one side, ocean on the other side, The Arrival was truly a religious experience...that joint, when listened to properly, sounds like the theme from Rocky being played by a huge orchestra ....

racist randy
01-06-2011, 08:31 PM
1. The Arrival (Intro)
Ok. Here we go. Get Ready for take off. Hell Razah is on some different shit with this album right here. Listen to this intro. You feel like you being levitated in the air listening to this shit. Listen to these lyrics, he is not playing any games on here. Very deep on this Intro. "They Took the image of Pac and gave you Kanye"......hmmmmm??? This man is going in. The beat is nice though. I'm feeling it, this track perfectly describes what this album is going to be about, if you're not ready take a step back. 4/5

2. Negro Angelitos
I'm not gonna lie, this beat is wack. Not feeling it. Besides that Razah's dartz on this are crazy, that picture he paints on here is VIVID. If you've been listening to Hell Razah since the beginning this shit should just hit you right on the head if it hasn't already. That first verse did it for me. Flawless rhyming. The second verse is even better, listen to his flow on that shit, listen to them lyrics, he starts heating up & heating up then he just cuts the verse short on us.

"Young Solomon my rap words form proverbs
Remain militant, most women wanna observe
We drink fine herbs, smell like frankincense and myrrh
Till my mind blood I'll mack like I'm Max Julien
Drop jewels make crews have to tuck jewelry in
Off one like Brand Nubian
Wisdom is better then rubies
You floss that'll attract groupies
While you fade away I stay alive where the truth be
Keeping Negro my eyes low there's bottles of dro'
Cuz after this ship I'm leaving here in UFO's"

3.5/5

3. Book of Heaven Razah
A nice smooth joint from Razah. One of my favorite traits from him, you're gonna get a smooth joint like this from him on his albums. Beat is nice on this one. The lyrics on this one are pretty deep, it took me awhile to catch em. He definitely is dropping jewels to his listeners, listen up! 4/5

4. Medical Kush
This is a nice chill joint, beat is cool. Lyrics make you forget all about the beat. He definitely is going in on this shit. Like it's too much to even type for this review to be honest. But his lyrics are just on a whole new level of rhyming. I'm waiting to hear this new Priest album now cause he's giving him a run for his money. Some of my standout lines are

"Brothers I love they done turned to haters
They all Judas so I gave them hangers
You Hindus they don't want the angers
I'm in PA in the shooting ranges
Coffee shop wit the newest Hagers
It's Star Wars without Ronald Reagan
And I'm a legend rap Larry Davis
Shooting at anything that's pagan"

This shit is raw & spiritual all in one. Hell Razah definitely stepped it up for this album. This is a pretty solid track, top 5 on the album. 4/5

5. Raised In Hell
Finally an uptempo track!! This shit goes in, I love how it first comes on then the beat drops, Razah just starts spittin on this shit, this sounds like some Razah's ladder shit to be honest. Hell Razah is slapping niggaz on the mic. Someone let this line though

"Tell these Clorox rapper this the new NY
Just because ??????????? I'll let 'em slide"

someone fill me in, I can't quite figure out what he's saying on that one right there. He's definitely taking shots at you know who, we don't need to discuss that. Anyways this is a solid track. 4/5

6. Fear of God
This is my favorite track on the album, this beat is just on some other shit, I can't really describe it, Hell Razah's lyrics just bring this shit to life, I feel like posting this whole verse down cause he is just going in on this shit "Jackie Robinson whips.....brooklyn dodgers" ha , my nigga Razah on some other shit.
***ok now peep this observation I made. Now him & Killah Priest are cool NOW. But idk if this was recorded before or after they resolved their beef but peep this.

"Every since I went solo I heard them taking shots on the low low
even though it broken my heart, why Manolo"

now we all know Manolo was Scarface's right hand man. (Priest in this case)

Now listen to his flow/voice from

"Ever since I was solo I heard 'em taking shots on the low-low
Even though it broke my heart, why? Manolo
I'm loco, can easily snap without a photo
The wrong one to come up on to get promo
Be with Silverback thugs, we give you bear hugs"

Now Priest been sounding like that on his recent shit lately, voice deep, slow flow...come on. To me that's a shot at Priest

****BUT THIS is all speculation. DON'T QUOTE ME. This is just something I noticed.

Anyways I'm giving this track a 4.5/5

7. Cinematic
Aight. I'mma keep it 100. This is a good story by Razah, I'm definitely feeling the concept on this one, but this is kind of boring to me. I think it's the beat. But I usually skip this one. But I definitely like how he uses the classic black flick characters and throws em on some street shit. 3.5/5

8. Return of the Renaissance (Feat. RA The Rugged Man)
Another uptempo joint. I'm feeling this shit. Both these dudes body the Mic. Hell Razah sets the tempo for this shit, I'mma be honest I'm not a fan of rugged man but he killed Razah on this shit

"As a Kid I wasn't interested in transformers,
wanted to be like Rambo and shoot rocket launchers"

ha, nice line right there. Solid track 4/5

9. Kids In The Street
Another banger, I'm feeling the street tale on this shit, Razah giving you these images man, we definitely need to step our game on these streets. I'm feeling the message on this one right here. This beat is fire on here too by the way. 4/5

10. A Brooklyn Tale (Feat. Shabazz the Disciple)
Shabazz took it on this one, back to that calm shit. Another street tale about people lost out here. I'm definitely feeling it, they touched the heart with this one right here. Story is clear is day on this one. When these two niggaz get on a track you know it's something good. 4/5

11. Selah
I'm feeling this one right here, this beat is real calming for real. Razah is bringing brothers together on this one. This is nice and short.
" I left hell in the elevator, next stop is the heaven razah" you can tell on this track. You get a different feel from Hell Razah on here, you can definitely tell it's a whole new persona on this album. I'm feeling it and I'm hoping we can get more. 4/5

12. Dear Lord
I'm not even gonna lie. I'm feeling the lyrics but this is kind of boring. I'm skipping this track 9.5/10 times it comes on. 3/5

13. My Testimony
This is the last track I actually play on this album, after this I'm hitting skip. It's hit or miss. I'm feeling the beat on here. Razah is solid on this shit, spitting that fire. As a Wu fan I must point this out

" bury them songs in that underground Wu ?????????"

Someone help me out with that one right there. After that line he says

"it's no beef just rest in peace"

hmmmmm??? Razah ok ok. This is a pretty solid track though. 4/5

14. Heaven on Earth (Featuring Timbo King)
Another boring track. I'm skipping this most of the time. Could've easily replaced this with something else. 3.5/5

15.Armageddon/Araboth
He could've ended the album off with something better to be honest. But this song does it job for the theme of this album. You gotta sit back and vision it. 3.5/5

Beats - 3.5/5
Lyrics - 5/5
Overall - 4/5

I wish there were some more uptempo joints on this album, this album runs kind of slow at some points to be honest. This album flows really well. I know I said before that this is his best work but I still need more time. The album does flow well, but I can take a track like "Smoking Gunnz" and it's better than half the songs on here. The lyrics on here definitely take you to another level. The beats could've been better to me, but they do the album some justice. I'm hoping we can get at least one more Heaven Razah album so I can see where this is going because I'm definitely Interested. ****Overall 4/5****

dafran
01-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks for your review Hollow, as always i share your thoughts this album is sick but i agree with the slow parts and don't like either the jabs thrown at the W but that's Razah's opinion, good work.

Socrates92
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
i've never heard anything like it....

it's not a song, it's an experience..

when i first got the album, a couple days later i had to drive up to LA at like 5 AM to meet somebody.....driving back down I blazed up and put this album on HIGH, with the sun rising and the mountains on one side, ocean on the other side, The Arrival was truly a religious experience...that joint, when listened to properly, sounds like the theme from Rocky being played by a huge orchestra ....

Man 100% with you there, I listen to it whenever I'm alone, just with that on and my thoughts.

'If I was born in the past I would of inspired Plato'

As someone who has Socrates in their username I really appreciate that line!

This song has already caught up with the most played on my Itunes, will be bumping it for a while.

the silencer
02-13-2011, 11:47 PM
embarrassed and disappointed in myself for not previously finding the time to review this album... cuz I've listened to it constantly since it dropped

I'm gonna try and challenge myself to bang this out real quick without exploding out some novel or scholarly essay...keep it short for once

1. The Arrival
more than a song, this track is an EXPERIENCE...play it at the right volume and you might levitate off the ground. I feel like Razah is trying to DRAG the listener up into higher consciousness. He also immediately introduces the metaphor for that kind of lift-off: UFOs, cosmic angels.

"My seven chakras rotate around like helicopters"

ABSOLUTE MOTHAFUCKING BANGER
5/5

2. Negro Angelitos
another monstrous banger, one of the album's best tracks. Rumbling bass, hauntingly smooth-tastic guitar string strummings, hard drums and literally UPLIFTING lyrics. Plus aliens chattering in the background with high-pitched voices.
5/5

3. Book of Heaven Razah
a beat culled from the farm of Hip Hop Purity. Goosebump-inducing. Memorable words in every bar and a great chorus.

"angelic sects more complex than ancient Sumerian texts
HOLD MY BREATH TIL IT'S ONLY VEGETARIANS LEFT"

you might catch on a year later

5/5

4. Medical Kush
when the snippets for this album came out on Amazon i immediately check this joint out.....and was actually totally disappointed by that little 30 second snip. New rule: don't trust snippets. It's a unique beat, unlike Bronze/Kevlaar's usual work, and it's become one of my favorites on the whole album. Head-knockin, foot-tappin' drum-CRACKIN dope melody with a dope theme. Razah's words from an asylum he was thrown in cuz of these supposedly crazy thoughts he's having ("had to throw away my blackberry/being followed by the military").

yet another great chorus, best one on the whole album too:

light up a bush o' that Medical Kush
push record on that pro tools board
THIS IS HISTORY BOOKS

5/5

5. Raised in Hell
there's plenty of great (some extremely great) tracks on this album but also a nice batch of stinkers or average joints, this is one of the latter. Beat is unspectacular and the lyrics are nice but nothing that stands out.
2.5/5

(I love this album but it's got flaws, mostly minor ones. It wasn't organized too well, doesn't flow great as an ALBUM because there's skipper material and no skits to help transition after the better stuff. It's also very top heavy, so many great tracks at the start and then it fades a little bit.)

6. Fear of God
prod by Jordan River Banks (of Godz Wrath)

when Godz Wrath was first droppin I wanted to hear everything they did...now they've seemingly become caricatures of themselves, every beat seems the same and they're immediately recognizable for the same sounds n elements..maybe it's just me, but I've gotten bored of them

Still, the drums bounce (as always) and Razah has many dope darts on this one
3/5

7. Cinematic
prod by 4th Disciple

so so so goddamn creative.. i could study this one for days and if you've seen even one or two of these blaxploitation flicks you'll be buggin at the references and how he ties it all into one encompassing story...

one of the better new 4th beats I've heard too...keepin it simple with an ILL loop

5/5

8. Return of the Renaissance ft R.A. the Rugged Man

oh jesus, I'll stay away from paragraphs of gushin cuz we all get the point..

Razah's flow is gatling flamethrower shit and Rugged Man does nothing but blow up mics

4/5

(i can't believe I'm sayin this but there's needed to be a SKIT or some kinda interlude here after that joint...we need to get a break to chill and reflect on all that was just thrown at us right there instead of going right into another ---totally sub-par---joint)

9. Kids in the Street
nice effects and the lyrics certainly ain't terrible (they are never are with Razah) but this is a skipper for me

2/5

10. A Brooklyn Tale ft Shabazz the Disciple

again, not a horrible song but I mostly skip this one...Shabazz and Razah provide their stories well but it just seems forced, like they stepped in with a formula, not enough heart in it

2.5/5

11. Selah

after a couple weak ones, the albm picks up again here...heavenly smooth beat, jewels spotted in a perfectly smooth flow and it's short. Nice track

4/5

12. Dear Lord

i try not to get carried away and give every good song a perfect 5 outta 5 but on some of these songs it's hard to find a flaw. I love everything about this track.

5/5

13. My Testimony

and after that great one, there's this weak unpleasant R&B voice confronting us.. the beat itself is pretty strong and the lyrics are nice tho he's using his art to air out disgruntled polemic at the Wu which "is what it is" but I hate to hear it

2.5/5

14. Heaven on Earth ft Timbo King

on the day I really dove deep into this album and had it playing over and over again on a very long drive, i remember this song coming on at point and hitting the perfect chord...Great track to drive to, the tempo is wonderful and this marvelous duo provides magnificent mic messages..

4/5

15. Armageddon

great close out right here...diametrically opposed lunar/solar, yin/yang, dark/light, heaven/hell, good/evil verses over a quick beat...Razah seems to gain steam over it with tons of dope bars

Bonus track
Heaven Sent

i see Razah mentioning Heaven Razah Part 2 coming soon...this bonus track to conclude things makes me hungry for it... that heavenly smooth shit, "it sound innocent damn but so militant"

plenty of memorable tracks, some of the best tracks of the year 2010 but it needed a better considered track order and more effective quality management---some of these stinkers don't belong next to the undeniable classics.

Overall 8.5 outta 10
Beats 3.5/5
Lyrics 5/5

racist randy
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
lol our rating is the same but we like the opposite tracks lol

stay gold
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Edit: Nvm.

muscularghandi
05-24-2011, 01:51 AM
This album is ridiculous, got alot of spin when it first came out, now It's coming back around and it sounds even better. Every time i listen I catch something i didn't hear before. Originally rated Superior but it's pretty damn close to classic. Razah is one of the best in Wu lyrically and these beats are right there on his level.