09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
cuz he a nerd lolz

every wu general is a nerd.

think about it

lolz

copywrite
09-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Sure, Mos Def is a far superior MC

They were pretty equal during the late 90s, but Talib completely changed the way he raps. He's just hard to listen to now.

ALCATRAZ
09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
i dunno i never saw kweli bein on mos' level... mos was like batman and kweli was robin

Lex Lugor
09-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Hmm... Even tho I was a bigger mos def fan ive always been under the presumption that Talib was widely considered the better emcee.

adrianoter
09-29-2010, 10:49 PM
i dunno i never saw kweli bein on mos' level... mos was like batman and kweli was robin

dont forget Mos's rock music direction with that second album, The new Danger dudes are on some selective memory shit, they are equal in terms of artists, wow he changed? Oh no, an artists didnt want to be pigeonholed by his "fans"? Gee boo fucken hoo. Who are these bloggers to call Talib out anyway?? Fucken nobodies, dude still does his thing. Artists are SUPPOSED to fucken change you fucken dimwitted fucken tools.

ALCATRAZ
09-29-2010, 11:37 PM
when kweli makes a black on both sides then we can discuss him in the same breath as mos...until then....

whitey
09-29-2010, 11:41 PM
because his voice is corny. not something he can really help, but sucks for him.

ALCATRAZ
09-30-2010, 12:20 AM
^exactly... nigga sound like he gotta go to the bathroom so he tryna finish up his verse hella quick... nigga tryin fit 3,000 words in 2 bars n shit LOL

copywrite
09-30-2010, 12:36 AM
when kweli makes a black on both sides then we can discuss him in the same breath as mos...until then....

...the first Reflection Eternal album.

DeeBlock
09-30-2010, 12:42 AM
^exactly... nigga sound like he gotta go to the bathroom so he tryna finish up his verse hella quick... nigga tryin fit 3,000 words in 2 bars n shit LOL

hahaha

I loled.

claaa7
09-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Mos Def is of the better MC, he is so natural on the mic.. defintiely born to MC, or convey messages to the world through his voice. a true artist.

Talib Kweli is great too, i didn't know many people hated on him. at least not the ones that actually listen to him, sure his voice can become a little annoying in the long run but when i get the urge to listen to Kweli i always get a good experience. i got most of his albums and they all bang - "Revolutions Per Minute" just this year was amazing! hope he does another LP with Hi-Tek, that's my word!

Durag
09-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Fuck, since when did Kweli get so much hate on here? Hes a fuckin dope MC, the only thing i can think of that may put people off would be in his early days where he rapped just a little too fast, trying to cram too many words into a sentence, and his voice didnt sound like it had fully matured. But listening to him on "Revolutions Per Minute" hes perfected that and has grown into an even greater MC.

Mos Def might be the better overall rapper, but through the course of their carers Talib Kweli has put out far better music. Mos has "Black On Both Side" fair enough, but Kweli has the Reflection Eternal debut, "Revoultions Per Minute", "Quality" (which is underrated as fuck) and "Eardrum", all bangers.

djskillz
09-30-2010, 02:47 AM
I can't even choose between the two. I have the same problem with OutKast. I like both members for different reasons and when they make an album together it's hard for anyone to top it.

oldie
09-30-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't hate him but He ain't a favourite and although I have two of his albums I'm not a great fan

Tommy
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM

Kweli > 2Pac

Talib Kweli is one of the best to ever do it. End of discussion. And why do people always bring up Mos Def when they mention Kweli? What's even the point in comparing them? Two great artists who both put out great albums and put on amazing live shows.

The guy's never dropped a bad song in his life, and if you think he has, prove it.

JakobR
09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Kweli is one of my favourite emcees.... A poet! I love how he can switch from making a love song to a party song to a political song just like it was the easiest thing in the world. His Quality album is probably my favourite album due to the lyrical varation and production.

How anybody can deny this guy is talented is beyond me.

Tommy
09-30-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91127

A thread I made about him a while ago.

BGS
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I don't hate him but He ain't a favourite and although I have two of his albums I'm not a great fan

co-sign

-The A to the Z-
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Fuck, since when did Kweli get so much hate on here? Hes a fuckin dope MC, the only thing i can think of that may put people off would be in his early days where he rapped just a little too fast, trying to cram too many words into a sentence, and his voice didnt sound like it had fully matured. But listening to him on "Revolutions Per Minute" hes perfected that and has grown into an even greater MC.

Completely agree with you there, he's made leaps as a technical rapper since his early days, sounds a lot more comfortable on songs like 'Ballad of the Black Gold' off RPM than anything off Train of Thought.

I've been listening to both Reflection Eternal lately in fact, and he's immaculate on both;
few artists are making albums as good as he is 15 years into their careers.

Djaminha
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Cuz he sounds like a disney character

David Daniel Davis
09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
I think they hate him because 50 Cent said he is his favorite rapper; imagine if he signed to G Unit; they would really hate him then.

JASPER BEARDLY
10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Kweli would be looked at differently if he had a dope flow. I've grown accustomed to it and like it now but at first I didn't like it. My cousin, who doesn't listen to that much rap, told me he didn't like Talib. I asked why and he didn't really have a reason and the half assedly said his voice.

I think he's almost as lyrical as anyone n very rarely drops anything off point; I'd put him a notch below the best and mostly for voice/flow. I like it but it's similar to Masta Killa in that some bars seem unnatural albeit are dope. These are complete nitpicks

drippie k
10-01-2010, 04:36 AM
mos def has better flow but kweli for some reason appeals to more people..his voice can get a little irritating but i also think rza's voice is a little annoying on a few songs also..he's not the best rapper by any means but i do like what he puts out...train of thought is a classic to me and eardrum was dope shit...and i know yall heard that blackstar song respiration with common..anybody talkin shit about that song should never be allowed to listen to rap music. ever.

David Daniel Davis
10-01-2010, 12:30 PM
mos def has better flow but kweli for some reason appeals to more people..his voice can get a little irritating but i also think rza's voice is a little annoying on a few songs also..he's not the best rapper by any means but i do like what he puts out...train of thought is a classic to me and eardrum was dope shit...and i know yall heard that blackstar song respiration with common..anybody talkin shit about that song should never be allowed to listen to rap music. ever.

Respiration was that joint; I remember back when Rap City was still real it made it to number one on top ten on Saturday.

sickdog
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
i dont hate Talib, he is dope. and he was always much better then Mosdef to me.