PDA

View Full Version : And people really think Joell Ortiz is wack?

Thworldisyours
09-30-2010, 02:42 AM
HhVuCI7ivBA

Seriously... This guy is wack???

cap
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
people just love to hate! he's one of the best around! fuck them if they dont see it!

Rame
09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
He's not really wack.

I just don't like his flow and voice.

bamboo
09-30-2010, 08:34 AM
He's a beast on the mic!
Been listening this his music since '05 and he rarely disappoints.
He can bring different rhymes patterns and flows with ease, breath control is good, subject matter varies, multies comes correct - he's an MC!

LORD NOSE
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
He's not really wack.

huh ?

lluL9gRX3Fw

cap
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
...oh and the brick was a classic!!

Rame
09-30-2010, 09:01 AM
huh ?

lluL9gRX3Fw

On most tracks. :p

This one's dope.

Poison Flowerz!
09-30-2010, 09:12 AM
He's not really wack.

same.

fatboybrandon
09-30-2010, 09:13 AM
The judgement of Hip Hop today is so twisted from media and the internet that it's got harder to define what a dope MC is over the total spectrum of Hip Hop listeners. I never thought Joel was wack, Battle Cry is my favorite song of his lately.

cap
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
87fr9PwIIZ8

J.T.S.
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Joell is that nucca!

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-30-2010, 11:04 AM
what?????? joel ortiz is mad nice

Djaminha
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Never really checked for Joell but came a fan after hearing him on hear;

V0brfGwM5Us

drippie k
10-01-2010, 04:50 AM
joell is cool but to me he's just another rapper that doesn't suck..he's ok, i've never been blown away by anything he's done though...didnt he put out a mixtape or something where he rapped over a bunch of old school beats?? never got to listen to it but i've always been curious about that one..

cap
10-01-2010, 06:48 AM
joell is cool but to me he's just another rapper that doesn't suck..he's ok, i've never been blown away by anything he's done though...didnt he put out a mixtape or something where he rapped over a bunch of old school beats?? never got to listen to it but i've always been curious about that one..

i never checked for that cus i dont like rappers rappin over other people's beats. you should check his album THE BRICK : bodega chronicles... very strong album!!

main_man
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
The judgement of Hip Hop today is so twisted from media and the internet that it's got harder to define what a dope MC is over the total spectrum of Hip Hop listeners.

^^^ straight truth there, homie.
if joell woulda came out in the 90s, he would be considered one of the greats.

and if you havent checked out the ortiz does the classics mixtape, its dope.

ortiz is my boy. hes better than most cats on the mic at the moment.
and he ripped the "beamer,benz,or bentley" beat better than anyone. his verse on that shit was tight as FUCK.

snapple
10-01-2010, 06:17 PM
^^yea that shit blew my mind for a second.....

was bugging out " I LET MY BOUT BOUT CLAP" hahahhaa joell is 2 dope

ravage
10-01-2010, 06:51 PM
The judgement of Hip Hop today is so twisted from media and the internet that it's got harder to define what a dope MC is over the total spectrum of Hip Hop listeners. I never thought Joel was wack, Battle Cry is my favorite song of his lately.

cosigning that! He rocked at an immortal technique show at bb kings years ago. Joell, Majesty and Tech really rocked that crowd..the crowd was so on edge they tried to boo Sean Price..and Sean cut the music off like "yo..don't let me come out there and punch you in the face white boy... you keep disrespecting me and ima fuck you up...drop the beat!" then he murdered it! haha That's around when boom bye yeah and monkey barz was all over the place.. i couldn't believe these yuppies tried to boo Sean Price! anyways.. it was my first time seeing Joell and although he didn't rap like Pun he reminded me of Pun...he had a commanding presence on stage man.. he's really ill

Pestilence
10-01-2010, 07:00 PM
My favourite

StvAd-TDCUI

Mr. R&B
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
cosigning that! He rocked at an immortal technique show at bb kings years ago. Joell, Majesty and Tech really rocked that crowd..the crowd was so on edge they tried to boo Sean Price..and Sean cut the music off like "yo..don't let me come out there and punch you in the face white boy... you keep disrespecting me and ima fuck you up...drop the beat!" then he murdered it! haha That's around when boom bye yeah and monkey barz was all over the place.. i couldn't believe these yuppies tried to boo Sean Price! anyways.. it was my first time seeing Joell and although he didn't rap like Pun he reminded me of Pun...he had a commanding presence on stage man.. he's really ill

What city was this???

Who the fuck would boo Sean Price?

I'm white and nerdy, but Sean P. is one of my favorite MCs.

There's nothing to hate about the dude, AT ALL!

This type of shit is why I really fucking hate people.

I would've started duffing fags myself if I had been there.

Back to the topic of the thread.

If someone were to tell me to my face that Joell Ortiz is wack, I'd laugh at them until they walked away.

Dominus Santorini
10-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I was one of those that it took a minute for him to warm up on. At first I was like man he's kind of typical, but in the last 2 years, homie has been going in like a mufucka.

Meta4
10-01-2010, 11:09 PM
True Story, I couldnt wait for The Brick to drop, never heard Joell but I seen Styles was on it, copped it day one then heard Mirror, Mirror and Joell KILLEDKILLEDKILLED it and been a fan since. Joell is way above average.

7GAUC1ex3L4

djskillz
10-01-2010, 11:39 PM
^that song alone converted me into a fan

Mr. R&B
10-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Joell spits nothing but flames.

It's kinda scary, dude puts together immaculate verses.

His rhyme structure is unfathomable, if you're new to writing.

Joell's voice may be annoying to some, but his lyrical substance is rediculous.