PDA

View Full Version : Odds of life on newfound Earth-size planet '100 per cent,' astronomer says

EAGLE EYE
10-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Thu Sep 30, 10:57 AM

Pretty big claim to make but ..

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/yahoocanada/100930/canada/odds_of_life_on_newfound_earth_size_planet_100_per _cent___astronomer_says

(http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/yahoocanada/100930/canada/odds_of_life_on_newfound_earth_size_planet_100_per _cent___astronomer_says)

pro.Graveface
10-02-2010, 06:48 AM
cant get a hold or controle of nature !!! when will humanity understand!!!!!?

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Space Log:

October 2nd 2010 CE,

On the way to Gliese. Going to shoot me some space critters and fuck me some space wimmenz. Captain Kirk is going to be mad jealous. He's such a prick. Shalom.

Yours Truly,
The Admiral

Frank Sobotka
10-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Too bad it will take milenia's to create a ride that could get us there.

p-rok73
10-02-2010, 03:33 PM
^^I know...we won't be around to see it. Pretty fascinating news though. Maybe in the future we will create a more powerful Hubble-like scope that will take pics farther into space. Instead of waiting decades to get there we will simply take pics to get a better idea of what's there.

beautifulrock
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
No scientist in their right mind would make a proclamation this flawed in logic.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Too bad it will take milenia's to create a ride that could get us there.

No, its pretty damn close. 20 light years would take like like 22 years using an antimatter drive which we could already build presuming we had the ability to make that quantity of anti matter. The best engines we have in development now could get us there in 200 years... which is actually possible. Its just obviously not worth it. Once we figure out how to fold space using artificially generated big banging cosmic eggs as an energy source we could probably do that in under a day.

Frank Sobotka
10-03-2010, 03:02 AM
No, its pretty damn close. 20 light years would take like like 22 years using an antimatter drive which we could already build presuming we had the ability to make that quantity of anti matter. The best engines we have in development now could get us there in 200 years... which is actually possible. Its just obviously not worth it. Once we figure out how to fold space using artificially generated big banging cosmic eggs as an energy source we could probably do that in under a day.
A Realistic way of getting there...

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-03-2010, 05:16 PM
A Realistic way of getting there...

Those are realistic... On the plus side we can shoot a coded laser at them and wait for a response in 40 years (or less if they can bend time and space using cosmic eggs to big bang for a fuel source...)

Undiluted Karma
10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
These astronomers are very naive if they think the only possibility of life on a celestial object is for the object to have Earthlike conditions.

Extremely retarded.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
These astronomers are very naive if they think the only possibility of life on a celestial object is for the object to have Earthlike conditions.

Extremely retarded.

No, the only possibility of Earth-like Life is on an Earth-like planet. Why look for the unlikely possibility of sentient rocks when we can look for space dinosaurs or space people or something? Its called narrowing your focus. Look for what should be guaranteed to have life first then when we find it we can look around more. This planet should be about guaranteed to have some sort of intelligent life. When we find that we can look around more.

Its like if you're looking for a place where there are people shouldn't you look at a place people can live? I'm not going to look in Antarctica for a gorilla just because it might have bacteria or moss or something boring. I'm going to look in an African rain forest.

Marlo Stanfield
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
too bad God intended there to be intelligent life on this planet....

everyone cant wait till we meet aliens, and slip into the next dimension. YAAAAH!

hopefully you dont slip into hell

DeathRott
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
carl sagan likes

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/civwarfan/Heroes/Carl_Sagan.jpg

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-03-2010, 10:38 PM
too bad God intended there to be intelligent life on this planet....

everyone cant wait till we meet aliens, and slip into the next dimension. YAAAAH!

hopefully you dont slip into hell

Lol retard. There is no God. And If there is it doesn't like you talking about him as if you know what he did and didn't intend. For all you know humans were something he did when fucked up after a bottle of southern comfort and unprotected sex with his woman Innana in the back of a Lincoln Continental. Don't presume you know the will of a fictional being.

That's like me saying that Harry was boning Hermione all along. (In reality I've been boning Emma Watson all along.)

Marlo Stanfield
10-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Lol retard. There is no God. And If there is it doesn't like you talking about him as if you know what he did and didn't intend. For all you know humans were something he did when fucked up after a bottle of southern comfort and unprotected sex with his woman Innana in the back of a Lincoln Continental. Don't presume you know the will of a fictional being.

That's like me saying that Harry was boning Hermione all along. (In reality I've been boning Emma Watson all along.)

I actually did do humans after I left the county fair in a random man's 80's style Lincoln Continental, in which i subsequently lost my wallet in the back seat. after spending the evening with a woman and a bottle of "So Co", i awoke the next morning, thankfully i might add, but without my wallet. except i did use protection.

but i have come back again to accurately appropriate my lost wallet

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 02:18 AM

Which is more forbidden? Doubt of the everlasting life or confidence in the Father?

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 02:50 AM
What are the odds of life in a world pursuing death?

EAGLE EYE
10-04-2010, 03:23 AM
No, the only possibility of Earth-like Life is on an Earth-like planet. Why look for the unlikely possibility of sentient rocks when we can look for space dinosaurs or space people or something? Its called narrowing your focus. Look for what should be guaranteed to have life first then when we find it we can look around more. This planet should be about guaranteed to have some sort of intelligent life. When we find that we can look around more.

Its like if you're looking for a place where there are people shouldn't you look at a place people can live? I'm not going to look in Antarctica for a gorilla just because it might have bacteria or moss or something boring. I'm going to look in an African rain forest.

I'm all about looking for space dinosaurs and any of your hot aunts in the shower.