PDA

View Full Version : Why ain't AZ ever in GOAT list discussions.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Seriously, this cat got the most smoothest flow in the rap game peroid. He would make my top 10 list for sure, i mean, Do or Die is lyrically the second to Illmatic. Its the closest we will ever get to Illmatic and his other albums 'Pieces of Man' & 'Aziatic' are very good albums too. Seriously why isn't he in top 10 GOAT discussions? To me he is a top 5 lyricist ever in hop hop.
1. Rakim
2. Canibus
3. GZA
4. AZ
5. Nas

TAURO
10-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Do or Die is overrated. I bought the album based off the hype and while I do think it's a solidly good album, it's by no means equivalent to Illmatic much less better than some other albums that came out around the same time.

Undiluted Karma
10-02-2010, 07:09 AM
I haven't heard Doe or Die but AZ has def a crazy flow, one of the best imo not to mentioned good lyricism.

AZ v Nas comparisons are cliche but

Nas for lyrics

AZ for flow

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Not many cats can fuck with Doe or Die lyrically or flow wise.

main_man
10-02-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah, i have to say that az is one of the most underrated mc's of all time.
cat spits good enough to be in the hip hop elite, for real.

claaa7
10-02-2010, 08:45 PM
partly agree with Tauro about "Doe or Die" is far from "Illmatic" while it IS a classic album and AZ is an incredible MC. "Pieces of a Man" was another release i slept on altho it's been in my collection for years but just recently started banging and that's a great follow-up to his debut, his voice, flow, delivery, concepts and beat selection is off the hook and he puts out alot of quality material but for some reason i wouldn't put him in a top 10 list altho i could definitely see why someone would hold him in that regard.