PDA

View Full Version : when is Jay Electronica releasing an album?

theheavens
10-02-2010, 03:00 PM
the dude's like 34 now. he's not getting any younger. he better start dropping some albums. he doesn't have the luxury of posting songs on youtube anymore. in hip-hop, 34 is old, so start moving fast

Meta4
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Strait up I thought yo was early 20's. He does need to drop, time is an enemy of the flesh.

Kenny Powers
10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
probably about the same time saigon and papoose do. Its a shame that good artists cant even put out a real album these days

theheavens
10-02-2010, 10:57 PM
if he was younger he would have the luxury to wait it out, but not at 34! he better release two albums a year or some shit

oDoUoSoKo
10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
atleast a proper mixtape

Sinapse
10-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I never really chime in round here but this topic sparked my interest...

First, 34 is not old. Part of the reason his lyrics are so good is b/c of his age and experiences in life - he has something to talk about, a meaningful perspective. I have never understood why fans wanna hear young cats that are basically still kids in a lot of cases trying to rap about life...if he was 21 a song like Exhibit C prob would not materialize...

Second, why would he wanna release what is surely gonna be a classic record during a down time in Hip Hop which also happens to be in the middle of a national recession...I wouldn't drop my big record if I were him either, he wouldn't get the paper he deserves. He can match that money by touring and hold on to the gem with hopes that sales will pick up again - which they might....

angry!
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I never really chime in round here but this topic sparked my interest...

First, 34 is not old. Part of the reason his lyrics are so good is b/c of his age and experiences in life - he has something to talk about, a meaningful perspective. I have never understood why fans wanna hear young cats that are basically still kids in a lot of cases trying to rap about life...if he was 21 a song like Exhibit C prob would not materialize...

Second, why would he wanna release what is surely gonna be a classic record during a down time in Hip Hop which also happens to be in the middle of a national recession...I wouldn't drop my big record if I were him either, he wouldn't get the paper he deserves. He can match that money by touring and hold on to the gem with hopes that sales will pick up again - which they might....

that second paragraph is complete bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not gonna wait for the rain to stop to play outside!!!!!!!!!!

check the forecast... its gonna keep raining!!!!!!!!!!!

either step in... or step out!!!!!!!!!!!

so you basically givin jay a pass so he can guard his pocket...

i gotta tell ya...

if you wanna be a hip hop legend, the hunger of wantin to drop your debut album should cancel everything else out... sales... whatever... its about the rep, cuz niggas 5 years from now, 10 years from now, dont give a fuck what it sold... they just gonna remember the piece of music for what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas werent GASSING nas till he dropped his time stilling debut...

niggas werent GASSING big till he dropped his time stillin debut...

niggas are GASSING jay electronica and he drops 2-3 loose tracks a year...

blogspace GASSING niggas that dont deserve it, the net destroyed the SHOW N PROVE era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know niggas that act like canbius is yesterdays trash... he dropped his debut.. it didnt live up to expectations... whatd he do!?!?!?!? kept grinding, he dropped an album today... he built a catalog to fall back on... so when all this high school "hes popular hes not" shit stops... niggas gonna be forced to recognize his body of work!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay e been in the game too long to not have an album/mixtape...

nigga got wet feet, and it scared him back to land!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for all the lion heart, walks to the beat of his own drum, hysterics... this nigga sure knows how to bullshit/stall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its time to drop an album... past time.... i wish niggas would just let the hype die down... if he answers ill check, if its hot, props... but enough already.... theres niggas out here dropping dope albums, for sake of the music, that arent gettin the credit they deserve!!!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I recently read this article about this guy who claimed Jay Elec stole his verses from a book of his. According to him jay is dropping material the way he is because otherwise he wouldn't have enough to last a year.

I doubt it's true but something like that would explain why he isn't dropping any material.

Edgar Erebus
10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
He's gonna drop an album/proper mixtape on St. Never's Day.

As I already explained, dropping an album right now is close to the most pointless thing you can do, as they don't sell and whatever money they actually make ends up in executive's hands. Mixtapes? People expect them for free, and let's be realistic, most people regard them as disposable: listen once, delete next day when you need to clear your disk for new ones.

The only way you can actually make money and impact is the way Jay Elec is doing: drop a single, keep it in rotation until it plays itself out, then drop another one. Sure, you can make mixtapes and everything for promotion's sake, but singles are the place where the money's at. It worked for Exhibit C, so why not.

theheavens
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't think 34 is old in general, but just within the hip-hop world. and I doubt Jay is holding out because of the economic situation. either he's a perfectionist or lazy

Mr. R&B
10-05-2010, 08:33 PM
that second paragraph is complete bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not gonna wait for the rain to stop to play outside!!!!!!!!!!

check the forecast... its gonna keep raining!!!!!!!!!!!

either step in... or step out!!!!!!!!!!!

so you basically givin jay a pass so he can guard his pocket...

i gotta tell ya...

if you wanna be a hip hop legend, the hunger of wantin to drop your debut album should cancel everything else out... sales... whatever... its about the rep, cuz niggas 5 years from now, 10 years from now, dont give a fuck what it sold... they just gonna remember the piece of music for what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas werent GASSING nas till he dropped his time stilling debut...

niggas werent GASSING big till he dropped his time stillin debut...

niggas are GASSING jay electronica and he drops 2-3 loose tracks a year...

blogspace GASSING niggas that dont deserve it, the net destroyed the SHOW N PROVE era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know niggas that act like canbius is yesterdays trash... he dropped his debut.. it didnt live up to expectations... whatd he do!?!?!?!? kept grinding, he dropped an album today... he built a catalog to fall back on... so when all this high school "hes popular hes not" shit stops... niggas gonna be forced to recognize his body of work!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay e been in the game too long to not have an album/mixtape...

nigga got wet feet, and it scared him back to land!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for all the lion heart, walks to the beat of his own drum, hysterics... this nigga sure knows how to bullshit/stall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its time to drop an album... past time.... i wish niggas would just let the hype die down... if he answers ill check, if its hot, props... but enough already.... theres niggas out here dropping dope albums, for sake of the music, that arent gettin the credit they deserve!!!!!!!!

FUCKING TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with this.

issues
10-06-2010, 06:23 AM
what about considering he just doesnt want to?