PDA

View Full Version : The unreleased Pete Rock song on It Was Written....

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-03-2010, 02:56 AM
could it be this?
zHEcd80ZxvM

I just came across this and it is a Pete Rock produced beat and its obvious that it is past Illmatic, so could this be the track that was produced by Rock which was unreleased on IWW?

claaa7
10-03-2010, 05:09 AM
i don't think Pete was ever slated for "I.W.W.", the track you posted above has been floating around on white label 12" since around that time but Jay-Z's and Lord Tariq's verses are lifted from a track by Shaquille O'Neal.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-03-2010, 05:34 AM
i read somewhere that Pete Rock produced a couple of songs for the IWW album.

claaa7
10-03-2010, 06:57 AM
there were also a rumour that Pete Rock produced "Deja Vu" for the longest, but that was just a rumour - it's a rather unknown beatmaker who made that. he also made a Future Flavaz exclusive remix to "Street Dreams" but i believe that Pete and Nas had their falling out before Nas started recording his sophmore album.

JASPER BEARDLY
10-03-2010, 07:27 PM
why did nas and pete have a falling out? has he had one with premier?

Jin10304
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
/\ Nas thought Pete was fuckin his baby momma back in the day

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-04-2010, 12:13 AM
there were also a rumour that Pete Rock produced "Deja Vu" for the longest, but that was just a rumour - it's a rather unknown beatmaker who made that. he also made a Future Flavaz exclusive remix to "Street Dreams" but i believe that Pete and Nas had their falling out before Nas started recording his sophmore album.

Chris Winston was the one that produced the beat for Deja Vu and he has also produced another song for Nas but that one hasn't beeen completed. He also has the only CDQ version of the song ever.

I read on another forum that Pete Rock said that he produced a beat or two for Illmatic, they could be wrong but yeaah, maybe the falling out was after ?

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Would you rather fall out with Pete Rock or the Lord, your rock?

Jin10304
10-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Fall out with the Lord

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 01:10 AM
It shall be noted. But beware, those that mock or trespass will be marked to come upon the Judge of time!