PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person umimpressed by...

Lex Lugor
10-04-2010, 12:36 AM
EMINEM, his excessively jocking lackeys, and his own excessive whiny-ness?
About his girlfriend (who he keeps hooking up with), about being famous (so your a dick to people who recognize you?), about girls who wont admit to boning him (calling out completely harmless women and their innocent husbands), his mom, and his addiction to drugs.
Not to mention everything said above he completely and utterly brought on himself, sometimes going to great lengths to do so, and now I gotta hear him complain about being famous on a record, while he's growing said fame by rapping in the first place on that very same record?! Its just bizarre what is being overlooked here. These things knock him far off any "greats list" as far as im concerned and he's certainly not the best white rapper either.

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 12:38 AM
I am certainly unimpressed. And so is the Father.

b-dolo
10-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I am have pretty much never understood why dude got so famous, he an ok rapper, suburban white kids love him, that how he jumped off, I don't give him very much cred though. If he was black, how far would have he gotten? somebody prove me wrong

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 01:38 AM
I am have pretty much never understood why dude got so famous, he an ok rapper, suburban white kids love him, that how he jumped off, I don't give him very much cred though. If he was black, how far would have he gotten? somebody prove me wrong

If a tiger was red how far would it get?

If a bird was an alligator could it fly?

If the Lord wasn't crucified how far would he have gotten?

theheavens
10-04-2010, 02:47 AM
he got famous because Chino XL didn't

Marlo Stanfield
10-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Satan got famous because the ways of the Lord weren't followed.

Dokuro
10-04-2010, 04:24 AM
nope Satan got famous because Lucifer is imprisoned in him now Lucifer is famous because ou wearing this now a days
http://www.thairpg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/louisaf.jpg

so inviting the kinda girl you can just talk to

oh ya Eminem a bitch

Meta4
10-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Eminem's a fukin lame. I've never supported him in any way, shape or form. He's far from being a legend to the art. I was actually thinkin to myself the other day how this fool is in his late 20's/early 30's rappin about how he hates his mom. This faggot needs to get fucked up immediately.

cap
10-04-2010, 06:55 AM
its not so much that im unimpressed, its that im over him... 100% fucking over him to the point that i cant stand him on tracks anymore no matter how good he rhymes.

Mr. R&B
10-04-2010, 07:36 AM
^I was exactly the same way after The Eminem Show dropped, so I stopped listening to him completely for a good 5 or 6 years.

Recently I've started listening to his stuff again, I don't feel like I missed much taking that hiatus.

Em was never EVER my favorite rapper, so it's whatever.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-04-2010, 07:59 AM
I've never been a real fan of Marshal. He's got some classics but five or six good hits is not legendary. I mean heck I think Biggie is overrated and every song he even touched is a classic. So Eminem isn't really in that category of rappers (Lil Wayne and Kanye on the other hand just might be...)He's great when he's being funny because its so eccentric. When he's serious its just not the same. The Relapse really sucked balls. Recovery is pretty decent. But they're not Marshal Mathers LP or Encore. Those had some nice tracks but yeah he's massively overrated. He's just a rapper.

No More has a sick beat though. I'm really digging that track. But then I'm also a closet Haddaway fan.

cap
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
oh and he needs to stop trying to sing his own choruses thats easily the worst thing to happen since hitler.

CPH Link
10-04-2010, 08:32 AM
The guy is hugely talented, but if you cant relate to his "struggle", persona etc I definitely understand why you dont like him. I always regarded him as a insanely talented technical rapper, but still never really became a fan.

cutn' heads
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM
I've never been a real fan of Marshal. He's got some classics but five or six good hits is not legendary. I mean heck I think Biggie is overrated and every song he even touched is a classic. So Eminem isn't really in that category of rappers (Lil Wayne and Kanye on the other hand just might be...)He's great when he's being funny because its so eccentric. When he's serious its just not the same. The Relapse really sucked balls. Recovery is pretty decent. But they're not Marshal Mathers LP or Encore. Those had some nice tracks but yeah he's massively overrated. He's just a rapper.

No More has a sick beat though. I'm really digging that track. But then I'm also a closet Haddaway fan.

so, big and eminem are overrated but kanye and wayne aren't? i dont know if i read that right...

Taskmaster2112
10-04-2010, 09:16 AM
The guy is hugely talented, but if you cant relate to his "struggle", persona etc I definitely understand why you dont like him. I always regarded him as a insanely talented technical rapper, but still never really became a fan.

cosign. i recognize his talent, but i've never been a big fan. he destroyed Jay-Z's "Renegade" though. i think his verses on that song are the best on the whole album. that's the only song that i listen to where i'm really excited to hear Em's verses though.

issues
10-04-2010, 09:36 AM
why does his skin colour always get brought up?..

JakobR
10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
People should respect the diversity of the genre more instead of complaining about a rapper rocking a certain style. Some of the shit I've hated on in the past is in my ipod now. I used to hate on Lil Wayne whenever possible (which was pathetic and sad, I realize that now) but then I listened to Carter 3 and actually liked a fair share of the songs. That blew my mind and made me feel embarrased haha.

Also, people are too busy complaining about what the music isn't rather than what it is. The music is not what you want it to be.

One day I hope all fans of hip hop can break free from the belief to love one style and shun the rest.

hide1998
10-04-2010, 11:12 AM
It's difficult to knock Eminem on a technical level (cadence, flow, etc). But as far as content goes he's really lacking for me. I've had a trouble "connecting" with his music for the longest time. When he gets mentioned with the greatest emcees ever my stomach turns a bit. I ask the same question everytime, "What songs of his do you really 'connect' with? Not 'oh shit, did you hear how he was rapping to the bass and not the drums, dope', but what songs that he has made can you feel on a deep level?"
For me, that's what should keep him from beginning on that higher level of emcees. It's not just about what you can do on a technical level, which is what I feel some emcees tend to only focus on. Some of the best hip-hop songs are simple as hell, on a technical level.

I remember one guy once said within the last year, "Hip-hop just bores me in general these days. But I'll always check for an Eminem release, because at least there will be good rapping." I guess some people are wowed by fancy CGI without much substance, but not me I guess.

UncontrolledSubstans
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
At least he got more than 1 subject to rap about..... If i would choose one rapper to listen to for the rest of my life it would be Eminem. No doubt. He got the biggest, best and most varied catalog of all time.

Clan Destine
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I remember one guy once said within the last year, "Hip-hop just bores me in general these days. But I'll always check for an Eminem release, because at least there will be good rapping." I guess some people are wowed by fancy CGI without much substance, but not me I guess.

I get what you're saying, but for me, alot of the time, technical ability IS substance. Any asshole can pick up a mic and preach about a good cause, or be 'socially concious', but it takes talent to rap.

In Eminem's case, yeah, his themes and general style repel me enough that his ability as an emcee fail to attract me as a listener.

hide1998
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I get what you're saying, but for me, alot of the time, technical ability IS substance. Any asshole can pick up a mic and preach about a good cause, or be 'socially concious', but it takes talent to rap.

In Eminem's case, yeah, his themes and general style repel me enough that his ability as an emcee fail to attract me as a listener.

At least you're making it clear you're one of those, "I'll always check for Eminem because at least I'll hear good rapping" types. My only point was that "good rapping" doesn't make for an engaging listen in and of itself if there isn't much behind it. MURS' rhyme scheme is VERY simple, yet his first album with 9th Wonder is much more engaging than Eminem's catalog in my opinion.

There's a good chunk of Eminem's catalog that is just nonsense that I'm willing to bet you'd call "comedy." If not that, then it's him going on and on about his girlfriend, or random pop references. I appreciate that he has toned down on that on his recent album, but now so much of his material sounds forced (and that's not even getting into the tracks he approaches sonically, or his "talent" for hooks). Peronally, I'll take a less technically skilled MC that raps about topics that I can relate to more any day over that. Or, even better, someone that can mixup technical prowess WITH substance/originality. MCs like Lupe Fiasco immediately come to mind. Both of his albums grab me a lot more than all of Eminem's (and that includes the two Eminem albums I generally enjoy).

UncontrolledSubstans
10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
why does his skin colour always get brought up?..

"Look at my sales, let's do the math, if I was black, I would've sold half, I
Ain't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that,"

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen
I ain't no politician but I'll kick it with 'em a minute
Cause see they call me a menace; and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
But if it don't, then y'all'll swallow the truth grin and bear it
Now who's these king of these rude ludicrous lucrative lyrics
Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics
Usin' his music to steer it, sharin his views and his merits
But there's a huge interference - they're sayin you shouldn't hear it
Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
as a motherfuckin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
And I got nothin' to do but make you look stupid as parents
You fuckin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!
(Ha ha!) And do you have any clue what I had to do to get here I don't
think you do so stay tuned and keep your ears glued to the stereo
Cause here we go - he's {*Jigga joint Jigga-chk-Jigga*
And I'm the sinister, Mr. Kiss-My-Ass it's just the

See I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare
Jesus Christ the King of these Latter Day Saints here
To shatter the picture in which of that as they paint me
as a monger of hate and Satan a scatter-brained atheist
But that ain't the case, see it's a matter of taste
We as a people decide if Shady's as bad as they say he is
Or is he the latter - a gateway to escape?
Media scapegoat, who they can be mad at today
See it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me
Go to war with the Mormons, take a bath with the Catholics
in holy water - no wonder they try to hold me under longer
I'm a motherfuckin spiteful, DELIGHTFUL eyeful
The new Ice Cube - motherfuckers HATE to like you
What did I do? (huh?) I'm just a kid from the gutter
makin this butter off these bloodsuckers, cause I'm a muh'fuckin

DeathRott
10-04-2010, 12:30 PM
fuck salt

JakobR
10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
It's fucked up ain't it
How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin'
thing that we wanted
That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing
Except for a dream, and a fuckin' rap magazine
Who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long
Idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives
Till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die
Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe
We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes

My favourite lines of his. It doesn't happen very often, but I can relate to almost everything he says in Sing for the moment.

main_man
10-04-2010, 03:48 PM
mmmmmmm.wow.
another "lets-hate-on-a-rapper-for-really-just-being-successful" thread.

[YAWNS]

excuse me now.

[unlatches belt]
[unzips pants]
[drops pants]
[ power squats over this thread and proceeds to take a nice, STRONG half chunky half runny extreme power dump all over this thread. it lasts in excess of 15 minutes. the thread is now coated in a runny/chunky mix of fecal matter and splatter]

in frank whites voice: YOUR WELCOME!!!! YOUR ALL WELCOME!!!!!!!

Lex Lugor
10-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Eeeeasy man with the power squats lol. I am hating on him because he's so successful, but only because I dont understand how.

main_man
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
understandable. this thread just brought back my old habit of taking nasty, splattery shits in horrible threads. i can remain in here for a second, but just because its my own funk.

a lot of people forget that eminem came up in the BATTLE CIRCUIT. and not only did he battle his way to success (a lot of mc's HAVE NOT done this) he did it at a time when people with white skin got booed the fuck off the mic.
i know, i saw it happen many times in the 90s. white boy on the mic? BOOOOOOOOOO! and that muthafucka couldnt even kick his rhymes. so em managed to get respect in detroit at that time. and that was no easy task in itself.

and while i never related to the shit that em raps about, i can say the cat has some of the best rhyme skills in the game. he can change his flow up better than just about anyone. and the dude is funny. a lot of people take em too seriously, like they have to relate to what the fuck hes rappin about. but if you just take it for what it is, you may realize that he is of a superior skill set. one of the best multi-rappers in the game.

i always thought he had a terrible rap voice, but he made up for it with his maniac rhyme patterns. and while i really despise his new album (its soft as fuck and the first time i seen the "i dont give a fuck" guy give a fuck) i can never, as a hip hop fan, sit here and say that the guy has no talent.
he's a true mc. and yes, him being white has added to his success. it was kinda a novelty when he dropped. but i think he stayed in the public eye cause people realized that the cat can spit his ass off and really has talent. but he should NEVER try singing. he really cant sing at all.

anyway....i gotta get out of here.
it smells like dookie.

food for thought
10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Eminem's a fukin lame. I've never supported him in any way, shape or form. He's far from being a legend to the art. I was actually thinkin to myself the other day how this fool is in his late 20's/early 30's rappin about how he hates his mom. This faggot needs to get fucked up immediately.

lol cosign this

adrianoter
10-05-2010, 02:04 AM
his new album is just Check your Head to his old shits Licensed to Ill. Beasties made the transition from those juvenile frat boy type raps to Free Tibet type shit. Eminem is doing the same. Maturing as a human being. Some people wish the Beasties wouldve stayed in that era but then they wouldnt have made Check ya Head. Eminem needs to make an Ill Nasty. Gimme that new Beasties shit.

Rollo
10-05-2010, 02:46 AM
Everybody used to jock him, I never got why.
After the shock factor wears off, what substance does he have?
He also forces syllables too much.

"Gives me the shit needed to be
The most meanest mc.."
Really? The most meanest? Are you 3?
to white parents
wears baggy pants spiked hair and who likes airins(earings)"
Sorry, but changing the annunciation doesn't make "earings" rhyme with "hair and" or "parents".

My God though, everything after the Eminem Show was crap.
I think that was his true apex, that bad part of Sing For the Moment aside, to me that's when Em became a song maker. The hooks were flawless, the beats were nice, good rhymes and unlike on MMLP he didn't get outshined by any guests. I also really like that What You Say track.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-05-2010, 03:24 AM
You guys all have nice mama's that love you, you just gotta put yourself in himself for your one minuate. If your mum hates you, that sucks, cuz thats really one of the only true loves you would have. He was worse off than most black rappers, he had a shitty childhood and he's lyrically a genious. He fell off after he dropped The Eminem Show, but his first 2 albums were pure gold.

issues
10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
"Look at my sales, let's do the math, if I was black, I would've sold half, I
Ain't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that,"

yes..

but what im asking is why does somebody always say "hes not even the best white rapper"

??

JakobR
10-05-2010, 06:01 AM
to white parents
wears baggy pants spiked hair and who likes airins(earings)"
Sorry, but changing the annunciation doesn't make "earings" rhyme with "hair and" or "parents".

Those lines are not even correct. Not sure where you got them from.

KBOS
10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
understandable. this thread just brought back my old habit of taking nasty, splattery shits in horrible threads. i can remain in here for a second, but just because its my own funk.

a lot of people forget that eminem came up in the BATTLE CIRCUIT. and not only did he battle his way to success (a lot of mc's HAVE NOT done this) he did it at a time when people with white skin got booed the fuck off the mic.
i know, i saw it happen many times in the 90s. white boy on the mic? BOOOOOOOOOO! and that muthafucka couldnt even kick his rhymes. so em managed to get respect in detroit at that time. and that was no easy task in itself.

and while i never related to the shit that em raps about, i can say the cat has some of the best rhyme skills in the game. he can change his flow up better than just about anyone. and the dude is funny. a lot of people take em too seriously, like they have to relate to what the fuck hes rappin about. but if you just take it for what it is, you may realize that he is of a superior skill set. one of the best multi-rappers in the game.

i always thought he had a terrible rap voice, but he made up for it with his maniac rhyme patterns. and while i really despise his new album (its soft as fuck and the first time i seen the "i dont give a fuck" guy give a fuck) i can never, as a hip hop fan, sit here and say that the guy has no talent.
he's a true mc. and yes, him being white has added to his success. it was kinda a novelty when he dropped. but i think he stayed in the public eye cause people realized that the cat can spit his ass off and really has talent. but he should NEVER try singing. he really cant sing at all.

anyway....i gotta get out of here.
it smells like dookie.

This

Rollo
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Those lines are not even correct. Not sure where you got them from.

I haven't heard the song in a couple of years.
The rhymes were still the same, the correct lyrics

"These ideas are nightmares to white parents
Whose worst fear is a child with dyed hair and who likes ear rings"
Wow, I was so far off... fuck sakes.
He still tried to rhyme "ear rings" with "parents" and "hair-and" so what was the point in saying I got the lyrics wrong? The shit don't rhyme.
It sucks.

If we can't agree that ear rings and parents don't rhyme, fuck it, I guess you're retarded.

Southern Solja
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Yes, as of 2010, Eminem fell off. A lot. I don't understand how someone could just seem to lose their lyrical ability like that. I still hear glimpses of it with tracks like "Underground"(the best hip hop album closing since It Ain't Hard to Tell), and "Not Afraid." However, overall, he seems to be losing his touch. But you can just look at the dude's catalog man. He spits NOTHING but fire.

"Toy Soldier",
"The Real Slim Shady",
"Stan",
"To Kill a Mockingbird"

Need I say more?

And as for him not being deep or "connectible", listen to "The Way I Am". If you've EVER felt shitty, things in life ain't right, people are annoying the hell out of you, or you're just tired of life, it really resonates with you. Not to mention the rhyme scheme is SICK and his multi-syllables are epic.

Eminem is one of the most diverse hard-core spitters Hip Hop as ever, or will ever see. You can't deny it, dude is hot. He's not just good for a white boy, for he's better than most boys.

Frank Drebin
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
i never ever liked eminem. 2 songs were ok imo stan and the one with dre where some guy walks in a store or some shit thinks about robbing it

David Daniel Davis
10-06-2010, 02:36 AM
he got famous because chino xl didn't

exactly!!!!

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-06-2010, 02:46 AM
""a lot of people forget that eminem came up in the BATTLE CIRCUIT. and not only did he battle his way to success (a lot of mc's HAVE NOT done this) he did it at a time when people with white skin got booed the fuck off the mic.

and while i never related to the shit that em raps about, i can say the cat has some of the best rhyme skills in the game. he can change his flow up better than just about anyone. and the dude is funny. a lot of people take em too seriously, like they have to relate to what the fuck hes rappin about. but if you just take it for what it is, you may realize that he is of a superior skill set. one of the best multi-rappers in the game. ""

the Most realest post in this whole thread

Lex Lugor
10-06-2010, 04:15 AM
The reason I brought this up is because, he dissin mariah now;(? wtf? for what?

GhettoGnom
10-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I still hear glimpses of it with tracks like "Underground"(the best hip hop album closing since It Ain't Hard to Tell), and "Not Afraid." [..] But you can just look at the dude's catalog man. He spits NOTHING but fire.
LOL
and
oh and he needs to stop trying to sing his own choruses thats easily the worst thing to happen since hitler.
lol, word!

I'm not unimpressed though, just by the newer parts of his catalog. Eminem was easily among the very best rappers out when he was in his prime, nowadays he's more annoying than anything..

WooHa
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Faggot thread

JakobR
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM
"These (1-idea)s are (3-night)(2-mar)es to (3-white) (2-par)ents
Whose worst (1-fear) is a (3-child) with (3-dyed) (2-hair) and who (3-like)s (1-ear) rings"

Those are the rhymes... Maybe Whoose and worst rhyme a bit too. If not, it's still a pretty good rhyme scheme.

EDIT: These and fear...

If we can't agree that ear rings and parents don't rhyme, fuck it, I guess you're retarded.

Ehmm I don't want to start an internet war so I'll let you have that...