PDA

View Full Version : Sittn up drunk...shuffin thoughts...got paper but Im lost

Prolifical ENG
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Well not really but I am nice and toasty off of my 4 drams of Teacher's Highland Cream tonight....Listening the Suicide Bounce.

vGcNc6bYd54

Streets Disciple is probably still my favourite Nas album post Stillmatic. For some reason I only listen to disc 2. When I first took it out of the packaging and put a CD in the deck when it was released, the first one was disc 2. Disc 2 is solid. Can anyone put me on disc 1? I dont fukkin know man I cant get down to listen to disc 1 ever.

Only thing in disc 2 thats shitty now is when he talks about getting married and finding the perfect bitch....lol

Sicka than aidZ
10-04-2010, 11:21 PM
hahahaha^^^

food for thought
10-04-2010, 11:22 PM
he killed that perfect bitch song though.

he murked that shit

King Tron 1
10-04-2010, 11:28 PM
I only have 3 nas albums, Illmatic, Stillmatic, and Street's Disciple. is disc 2 the one with thief's theme?

Prolifical ENG
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
^^^

yes it is.

angry!
10-05-2010, 12:54 PM
i was droppin my thoughts on SD here not too long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very underrated album!!!!!!!!!!

highly creative!!!!!!!!!!

fresh concepts/fresh patterns/styles

nas came hard as fuck!!!!!!

the beats coulda been hotter... but conceptually... creatively... lyrically... one of his shining moments IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message to the feds (gully intro... and nas freaked the dbl time RAW in answer to niggas that shitted on him for using it on I AM)

suicide bounce (classic collabo with bussa bus)

virgo (80s slam dance trrack that nas and luda destroy)

sekou story and live now (only nas givin niggas stories like that in rhyme)

bridging the gap (dope cut with his pops)

just a moment (nas introducing next level talent/BUST quan... nigga had skills... shame!!!)

reason (crack playa shit)

UBR (classic track documenting the GOD life)

thiefs theme (nasty nas throwback)

streets disciple (asty nas throwback)

nazerath savage (nasty nas throwback)

i can keep goin... that album gets panned unanimously with no reason... wait till niggas come around on it a cpl years from now!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember the times was a XXX sex flip with the storytelling... nod to g rap/keith!!!!!!!

like my style is a club banger and nas merked that shit.. i remeber that catching hate as well... basically nas did what he felt, got creative with it, tried a bunch of new things stylistically!!!!!!!!!!!

makings of a perfect bitch is raw... thats some hood frankenstien drunk playa shit...

getting married (LMAO)... i gotta laugh... but i love that track, mad visual, cinematic real shit... dope beat ill flow...

dbl albums always gettin KNOCKED and revisited... its so much to digest at once, a lot of the material often gets overlooked!!!!!!!!

WAR... come on son... that album had joints!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace pro... you know what time it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Djaminha
10-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Word angry.

What the fuck happened to quan?

Prolifical ENG
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Shit I musta missed your thread.

dbl albums always gettin KNOCKED and revisited... its so much to digest at once, a lot of the material often gets overlooked!!!!!!!!

Its true, double albums always do get knocked and getting criticized of "fillers". When this dropped I dont remember anyone knocking this album except maybe a few on the internet but I dont remember why...it might of been the usually "dweef...this is aight but doesnt compare to Illmatic and IWW".

In 2010 Im glad rap fans arent comparing new releases to their 90s/early 00s classics and debuts like they used to. That shit was degenerating rap itself 5-10 years ago especially with internet media.

The mid '00 hip-hop will get revisited again by many.

angry!
10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
no doubt pro...

i just dropped a line about SD being considered "wack" in my hip hop misconception thread... if its not it was written nas, or illmatic nas.... for some... that means anything nas drops is wack!!!!!!!! streets disciple is creatively next level... its an incredible spread, little this, little that, little this, little that...

hate to say it... but a lot of niggas that hate on nas albums have no idea what it takes to drop an album... build concepts, execute... theres really no WACK tracks on the whole shit aside from the disgusting tribute to his daughter with nas trynna croon on some "i suck at singing but its from the heart girl"!!!!!!!!!

the average emcee wouldnt think of makin a song like "live now"!!!!!!!!!!!!! its not even in the realm of possibility!!!!!!

and i cant believe i forgot to mention COON PICNIC... shit on kobe, shit on tiger, shit on taye diggs, big up red foxx.. got damn that was some real shit!!!!!!!!!! my favorite joint off the album... i think the reception to this album birthed the seed of HIP HOP IS DEAD and the NIGGER album... nas came with some next level, left field, creative shit, spanning 2 discs, and niggas acted like he just dropped nastradamus part 2!!!!!!!!! id be a little bitter about that!!!!!!!!!!!!

another thing i find odd is... niggas HATE on dbl albums... but really... most high profile dbl albums... been fuckin dope!!!!!!!!!!!!

forever - niggas have no problem callin it classic now!!!!!!!!
all eyes on me
life after death
the art of war - amazing body of work by bone thugs
diplomatic immunity
speakerboxxx/love below - diamond selling time stillin release
UGK - undergroundkingz... maybe the best UGK album ever!!!!!!!!!!!

shit even blueprint 2... i think half that album was dope as fuck... its not nearly the piece of shit niggas call it, had no focus, and it was all over the place, but it had a fair share of classic material on it!!!!!!!!!!!

djdahmina last i heard quan fucked himself pullin heat on some cops... nigga is done... nas doesnt know how to get niggas career poppin, its not up to him, he puts you on a track, its up to you do somethin with it... quan didnt do anything with it!!!!!! shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

-The A to the Z-
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah I love Street's Disciple.

Disc 1 more than 2 though, I thought the political stuff there was really strong, and people acting like Nas ain't have that consciousness til Untitled.

Production's really underrated I think - live instrumentation and breakbeats is a winning combination always.

food for thought
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
i use to play cd1 and cd2 straight through every time i listened to the album

always loved that shit. they balanced that shit out lovely, spreading the tracks over two cds. the sequence of songs was on point like a mufucka so bumping that shit through was always my shit

deeznutz1981
10-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I love SD as well but i always said if they cut that album down to 1 disc it would be a classic hands down. i can take all my fav songs and fill up 1 CD and absolutely love the entire thing from start to finish.

overall it was a dope ass album still and i remember seeing nas during his SD tour and when he opened up with message to the feds the entire crowd went completely fuckin ballistic. shit was dope and

Nas = GOAT