PDA

View Full Version : canibus new album.... is FUCKIN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

angry!
10-06-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.hip-hopkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/canibus.jpg

once again...

the man in silver face paint...

delivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weve all heard it...

"bis was the shit but i cant fuck with that nigga after he dropped can-i-bus"

those that stuck around know he continually drops next level schematics over anythin resembling a beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

following melatonin magik earlier this year, bis mighta fucked around and dropped his 2nd best album ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c of tranquility...

i still spin albums with the crew, pass blunts, youd think it was 95 the way we spin records and break shit down... we all came away sayin... THIS IS CANIBUS!!!!!!!!!!

balls to the wall lyricism, high octane delivery, incredible vocabulary, visual bars, relentless cadence!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the livest niggas ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

when an album starts with a joint called "captain cold crush"... hold on to your dick!!!!!!!!!!!

"how many emcees do i have to bust?!?!!?
im an emcee without airplay, but how come!?!?!?!?!"

call the riot squad, nigga assaults the track, one of the rawest intros in recent memory!!!!!!!!!!!

"salute" reminds me of something bis woulda delivered IN 98... got a bounce, big hook, and lyrics like....

"a earthquake machine
beam powered by a crystal"

vicious... mic swingin back in forth in a dark bassment, hangin from the ceiling shit!!!!!!!!!!!

"c scrolls"... another ode to the true... actually speaking on the culture, the attempts of destroying it... are FEEBLE!!!!!!!!!!

"merchant of metaphors" is some 2030 blast off shit... end of the earth, jet pack to safety battle rap!!!!!!!! line after line, this is the scientific kill bis detractors live to insult... have fun... youll come back to it years from now and feel stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

we got CAN I BUST detonating nuclear weapons on a premier banger... not no bottom of the barrel preem shit, top shelf heat... and BIS swings on it!!!!!!!!!! dope hook, dope beat, dope lyrics, DOPE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!

"title 17" got bis catching a groove on a bangin beat... "i am exhausted and stressed but i continue to press"... this nigga is relentless, the average emcee scared of gettin panned, this nigga is fearless of the reception, he been knowing he was over niggas heads... instead of goin home, he decided to stick around to see if people catch up!!!!!!!!!!!

dope to hear bis on a j-zone track... if yall dont know... J ZONE is one of the most underrated artists ever... that nigga did everything himself, beats, lyrics, concepts, album art, and no one cared... shit fucked him up, cuz the nigga pretty much all but retired!!!!!!!!! but he gives bis a banger and makes mention of tyson classic intro... funny stab!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"cingularity point"..

"rhyme mechanics
like that of a blind pianist
the keys are metallic
my fingers are magnets
the music is magic..."

COT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said!!!!!!!!! hot beat too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"pine comb poem" is one of the illest canibus tracks ever... no need to elaborate, listen, love, push yourself to higher limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"good equals evil" the bitter bis returns... this is the bis that felt the industry bite... misunderstood, incredible hook... nice little beat... dope track, non typical... nice!!!!!!!!

like 2 skips TOTAL... incredible album... following up a dope album he just dropped...

a homie once said "i listened to bis new shit, he lost his quick wit...."

i thought about it for a second...

and canibus doesnt care about wowing the dumbies with punches anymore... if thats what you listened to bis for, yeah... it might not be for you!!!!!

the comedy/tounge in cheek nature of his music has been SAPPED by the industry... hes topical, he spits with a purpose now.. he speaking on larger issues, more reflective than he was... hes now in KRS ONE mode post rolling stone smear campaign... he may have lost an audience, but he forgives them, cuz they arent capable of GETTING IT... he spits for the culture, and pens madness for himself and the fans that are still copping his records!!!!!!!!!

canibus keeps building the catalog...

20 years from now, niggas gonna look at his body of work... and be in awe... albums like this will be rediscovered, and niggas will then revise history and say he was one of the illest, even though they bypassed the chance of saying he was one of the illest while he was still actively shortin mics out!!!!!!!!!!!!

EASY 4 mics... another dope album in the disco, i need to listen way more.. let it sink in...

but he did it again!!!!!!!! dope production + dope lyrics = dope album!!!!!!!!!!!

if yall wanna hear some breath defying spit by one of the smartest emcees ever, do yourself a favor and cop c of tranquility!!!!!!!!!!!

respect to the ripper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakobR
10-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Does anyone have a download link?

Frank Sobotka
10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I have sequenced the leftovers from the 2008 EP after this album and I noticed a few duplicate lyrics.

The End of C of tranquility is on Singularity point.

Undiluted Karma
10-06-2010, 10:42 AM
From the snippets sounds dope, the producer line up is nice, looks to be an overall well made cohesive album not just like the sort of album with one killer beat the rest filler, so i look forward to listening to it, in reference to the above point not just for "Golden Terra of Rap" prod premo

Lyrically its Canibus theres nothing else to be said.

claaa7
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
i'ma bang this later, will be interesting

dad
10-06-2010, 12:04 PM
shit is ill. i bumped twice already.

DirtMcgehrk
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
It's incredibly good. In many ways I like it more than Rip The Jacker. Canibus goes hard all the way through. No filler and he just demolishes every beat.

Angry is right, CPTN Cold Crush is a hell of an intro song for a CD.

In short, I love this album.

tombstone
10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
I have sequenced the leftovers from the 2008 EP after this album and I noticed a few duplicate lyrics.

The End of C of tranquility is on Singularity point.

c of tranquility is cingularity point, it always has been but they cut it it down in size

misawa98
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
CPTN Cold Crush is incredible. Thats the way to kick off an album.

misawa98
10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
a link for the album

http://www.mediafire.com/?oxwjlu3ig7but83

DUMBO
10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
It's incredibly good. In many ways I like it more than Rip The Jacker. Canibus goes hard all the way through. No filler and he just demolishes every beat.

Angry is right, CPTN Cold Crush is a hell of an intro song for a CD.

In short, I love this album.

It must be sick if you compare it to RTJ. That's one of the best albums of time right there.

I'm looking forward to listening to this.

Wh0am3ye?
10-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Before I check this out there's a couple of albums I haven't heard from him yet. Is c true hollywood stories that bad? because if it is I won't even bother checkin it out.

misawa98
10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Before I check this out there's a couple of albums I haven't heard from him yet. Is c true hollywood stories that bad? because if it is I won't even bother checkin it out.

Skip that one

theheavens
10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
it's good, but melatonin magik is better

JakobR
10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
a link for the album

http://www.mediafire.com/?oxwjlu3ig7but83

Thank you. I've only heard the Premier track so far, but that was evil as fuck although I'm not into all this "hip hop is dead/not the same anymore" stuff.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I never understood the hate for Bis' catalogue...other than 2000 bc and c: true hollywood stories, all of his albums have been solid imo...and even 'true hollywood stories' has 'boxcutter bladerunner' which is awesome.

I will be copping this.

Mr. R&B
10-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Thank you. I've only heard the Premier track so far, but that was evil as fuck although I'm not into all this "hip hop is dead/not the same anymore" stuff.

When people pigeonhole Canibus' style and subject matter, they're kinda missing the point.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but a lot of listeners do.

'Bis paints with such a broad bursh that you can't really say "Oh, canibus raps about this, that and the other." if you take the time to delve in to his catalouge.

He can start a verse of with a clear narrative, slip into stream-of-consciousness rhymes, and return to the narrative by the end of the verse.

He weaves rhyme schemes on top of each other like a spiderweb, the shit is mindblowing.

He can touch any and all topics and still keep his signature style.

Canibus a Rap Extra-Terrestrial, I'm forever endebted to the dopeness

hide1998
10-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I never understood the hate for Bis' catalogue...other than 2000 bc and c: true hollywood stories, all of his albums have been solid imo...and even 'true hollywood stories' has 'boxcutter bladerunner' which is awesome.

I will be copping this.

I'm assuming part of your post is a typo. 2000 BC gets a lot of love among heads.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
When people pigeonhole Canibus' style and subject matter, they're kinda missing the point.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but a lot of listeners do.

'Bis paints with such a broad bursh that you can't really say "Oh, canibus raps about this, that and the other." if you take the time to delve in to his catalouge.

He can start a verse of with a clear narrative, slip into stream-of-consciousness rhymes, and return to the narrative by the end of the verse.

He weaves rhyme schemes on top of each other like a spiderweb, the shit is mindblowing.

He can touch any and all topics and still keep his signature style.

Canibus a Rap Extra-Terrestrial, I'm forever endebted to the dopeness

yeah i own every bis album and personally with 2000 BC,RTJ & Mic Club being some hsi dopest works and even 1st lp, MM and others are brilliant in that the sarcasm in hh4s and cths are what people miss and say wack
this album trumphs the shit out of all of it fucking incredible amazing and some of the changes i was ify about but gotta say damn loved it...review coming soon

DirtMcgehrk
10-06-2010, 10:05 PM
@Divine_Complex

The song in your sig is nothing but pure amazingness. I just bought tickets to see them in Portland today.

MaskedAvenger
10-07-2010, 07:33 AM
angry! got my expectations up, this shit better be fire.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Downloading it now, bits of tracks i've heard have been some of Bis' best.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-07-2010, 09:33 AM
1 listen, maybe his second best album.

As good as Mic Club i think.

First track is a face melter and it's pretty much the same from there on in.

Album is a pleasant surprise, Bis ironically has picked generally good to great beats on his last 3 albums, when it's been his major criticism throughout his career.

"Involuntary muscle spasm assassin"

haha, i've missed lines like that.

night pupil
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Anyone know where to pick this up in Miami?? Iv'e tried bestbuy and f.y.e with no luck.. It's pretty crazy, but every damn music store I call I get a operator telling me the number is no longer in service, I figure they all have closed down..

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
10-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Wow At the Opening Tracks.....just wow thats how you open up a album....shits got me ampped up

tombstone
10-07-2010, 07:26 PM
the itunes bonus track solo version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-VAghuYmE

Noctoural88
10-07-2010, 07:54 PM
this album is fucking amazing!! i recommend lunar deluge and good equals evil to yall those are the best tracks

deeznutz1981
10-07-2010, 07:59 PM
following melatonin magik earlier this year, bis mighta fucked around and dropped his 2nd best album ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what was his best album?

Mr. R&B
10-07-2010, 08:42 PM
@Divine_Complex

The song in your sig is nothing but pure amazingness. I just bought tickets to see them in Portland today.

HELL FUCKIN' YEAH!!!!

My friend gave $0$ over the summer and I've been hooked on that shit.

I'm looking forward to hearing the other 2 new tracks they've recorded for the physical release, I think they may have re-recorded most of the album.

You're lucky that you get the chance to see them live, I don't think they're coming anywhere near where I reside.

oDoUoSoKo
10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
dope skillets..heard it this morning

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-07-2010, 09:44 PM
this album is disgusting. Canibus for president.

Tecknowledgist
10-08-2010, 05:41 AM
as if DR Period has a beat on here!

OPTIMUS
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
and what was his best album?

pretty sure the consensus is Rip the Jacker

Mr. R&B
10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
^ I don't know why that question was even asked lol.

Noctoural88
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
this album is disgusting. Canibus for president.

I know right

KLAP
11-06-2010, 09:39 AM

I will be copping this.

2000B.C. is a great album.... classic to many!!!