PDA

View Full Version : Where's Blu?

pyrex visionist
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know where Blu is?

There hasn't been a word from him for almost 2 months. Her Favourite Colo(u)r w/ The Godleebarnes LP hasn't dropped, he hasn't been featured on any of the new tracks, video for My Boy Blu (which in fact is more than 2 years old) has been released without Blu's knowledge, his blog is down, his NoYork LP was supposed to drop at the end of this year,...

KkMQekp6HX0

Blu is one of the best rapper/producer out there. The Godleebarnes LP is despite the fact that hasn't been even properly mixed and mastered easily one of the best 2010 releases.

Blu needs to drop more music soon. Below The Heavens was classic, his mixtapes' material is awesome, he doesn't dissapoint as a guest on other artists' tracks.

pyrex visionist
10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
bump

oldie
10-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Good question, he was dropping music left right n centre not so long ago, would be good to hear something

pyrex visionist
10-15-2010, 03:16 AM
nature sounds?

noyork needs to drop soon.
the godleebarnes lp needs to be released on physical cds
blu and fashawn over exile/blu beats.

Mic Tyson
10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
yea he needs to remaster that godlee barnes album. i haven't even listened to it cuz the quality is bad

Frank Sobotka
10-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I only have below the heavens, does he have any other material which is worth checking out?

Mic Tyson
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Johnson & Jonson- album with producer mainframe. Nice as fuck, I kinda like it better than below the heavens

C.R.A.C. "the piece talks"- album with ta'raach or however u spell it. Its pretty good but blu don't rap a whole lot on it

pyrex visionist
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
check this dope shit out:

- DANNY BROWN HAS BEEN IN THE LAB W/ BLU & MAINFRAME COMPLETING THEIR “DANNY JOHNSON / THE PURPLE BABY” ALBUM AND IT SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING! BELOW IS A SNEAK PEAK OF 2 TRACKS OFF THE ALBUM … “MONEY LAND” & “MONEY ORDER”

- BLU - NEW YORK , “NoYork” ! LAST TIME BLU WAS IN N.Y. THEOPHILUS LONDON INVITED BLU TO JUMP ON “LIFE OF A LOVER”. BELOW IS A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE LOVELY VERSE.

“LIFE OF A LOVER” - BLU - “THEOPHILUS LONDON UNRELEASED” : DOWNLOAD VIA MEDIAFIRE - http://www.mediafire.com/?db82dvekp4il49q

- THE EVERSO TALENTED EVAN VOYTAS HAS BEEN BUSY FINISHING NEW MATERIAL, PLAYING W/ BLU’S “NoYork” BAND...

via http://newworldcolor.com/

damn. blu and danny brown collabo album. dope. just remember how danny came dope on black milk's black & brown track!
evan voytas got some heat as well.

pyrex visionist
10-27-2010, 01:26 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs795.snc4/67519_452677333717_375616808717_5234378_6228137_n. jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs467.ash2/74008_452677198717_375616808717_5234375_6669492_n. jpg

pyrex visionist
10-27-2010, 02:05 PM
i guess we'll hear new blu joints sooner or later:

via NewWorldColor twitter:

INTRODUCING...NEW WORLD COLOR WEDNESDAYS! EVERY WED. WE WILL BE RELEASING A SELECTION OF MUSIC PROVIDED BY N.W.C. ARTISTS. STAY TUNED...

first wuwednesdays, now this. dopeness.

Mic Tyson
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
yo did u hear him on that all city chess club song "we're beamin"? pretty tight

pyrex visionist
10-28-2010, 02:00 PM
yo. no i haven't heard that song. i have completely forgot about that all city chess club project. can't wait for it to drop.
along with random axe (black milk, guilty simpson, album (offtopic).

thank you for your notification.

here are some recent blu related posts on all city chess club blogspot.

http://theallcitychessclub.blogspot.com/search/label/Blu

Where is Blu?
http://theallcitychessclub.blogspot.com/2010/09/video-where-is-blu-interview-w.html

hehe, i see that other cats were missing blu as well in this hip hop game.

pyrex visionist
10-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Blu & DJ Bianca - NEW EXILE- Live at CMJ NYC '10

1RUYRpkXJ18

pyrex visionist
10-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Pardon The (Re)Introduction: Blu Talks 'NoYork!' LP & Joining Lupe Fiasco's Supergroup

While Hip-Hop remains hellbent on searching for leaders of the so-called “New West,” California native Johnson “Blu” Barnes prefers letting his rhymes—not his coordinates—define his presence in the game. After releasing the critically acclaimed LP Below The Heavens with producer Exile in ’07, Blu ducked the spotlight and continued to release music independently with beatsmiths Ta’Raach and Mainframe under the monikers C.R.A.C. Knuckles and Johnson & Johnson, respectively.

Utilizing the Internet, the 27-year-old MC—whose drawn comparisons to Nas and Common—spent the last few years leaking new music between official releases. With no one’s agenda to fulfill but his own, Blu is an enigma of sorts in Hip-Hop’s underground scene. Fans cannot get enough of him, and his absence from the media draws question to his dedication to his career. However, with nostalgic storytelling abilities and true-to-life subject matter, Blu has amassed a cult-like following. VIBE was granted a few minutes with the wordsmith to discuss his first official solo LP, his DIY approach to music, and involvement in Lupe Fiasco’s supergroup, All City Chess Club. ⎯Mikey Fresh

VIBE: It's been a while since we've heard from you, how’s everything been?

Blu: Everything has been good. I’m working on releasing this new album called NoYork! through Sire/Warner Brothers. It should be out be out by the 1st quarter of 2011. I got Flying Lotus, Sam I Am, Shafiq from SA-RA, Exileand a couple other cats on there.

What inspired the NoYork! title?

It’s got two different meanings, but I would say it’s about a state of mind. It really stems from people always saying I had a New York or East Cost style flow. This being my first real solo record⎯it kind of brings all my different styles together on one album. NoYork! has this broad West Coast sound. There are some other reasons but it’s definitely because of the sound. It’s not a state, it’s a state of mind.

We can already see Internet cats saying you’re dissing New York with that title. Did you actually record any of the project in New York City?

I recorded a song with U-God out here. I spent some time recording Uptown and in Brooklyn. We had to make sure we were getting love from the city. I want to make sure everyone knows I’m not discriminating against New York. It’s a nod to this place if anything

There have been some rumors of you being dropped from Warner Bros. Are you still with the label?

Nah, there’s been no problems. I haven’t had any problems with the label at all. They’ve been open to all our creative ideas. I just like to really take my time before I release anything. I want to make sure I’m completely satisfied with my music.

You have a true DIY approach to releasing new music. Why did you decide to drop the GodLee Barnes LP as one long un-mastered song?

Why did you decide to drop the GodLee Barnes LP as one long un-mastered song?

I started to really enjoy releasing songs on MySpace. I did that for about a year, and then it went to releasing short projects. I dropped a couple instrumental projects and the Her Favorite Colour mixtape online. Then Twitter started popping. With the GodLee Barnes LP, I just felt the raw energy of it because that was the original way I recorded it. That old school cassette feel felt right. I may release an official version of that in the future

Will you ever drop an official mixtape with a DJ?

We’re still wrapping mixing the record and getting our campaign together. There might be a mixtape coming. I’ve been talking to some real DJs about doing my first official mixtape. I definitely want to out my foot in that arena⎯show them how I would do it. You’ll definitely hear some random singles from me very soon.

You really seem to keep a low profile.

I definitely have this aura where I like to keep it low-key. I’ve always felt like an underground artist, and it was pretty easy to keep it that way in a sense because that’s where I was established and my comfort zone is. But with the Internet, I’m able to keep my presence without any major radio or TV play.

How did you get down with Lupe’s supergroup, All City Chess Club?

I talked to Lupe on the phone about the crew. He’s the head honcho with All City Chess Club. He really just gave me call on the random one day [laughs]. For some reason, I thought it was Bilal. But we chopped it up for a while. And a little while later he shot me the “I’m Beaming (Remix)” to get on there. I’m still waiting and wanting to lay some verses with them. I’m definitely down with recording an album.

http://www.vibe.com/content/blu-talks-forthcoming-noyork-lp-staying-true-himself-lupe-fiasco-super-group-all-city-chess-

pyrex visionist
11-01-2010, 03:54 PM
do you want new blu joints?
here's a message from new world color - @NewWorldColor

WHEN WE REACH 1000 TWITTER FOLLOWERS WE WILL RELEASE @JOHNSON_JONSON ’S “JOHNSON FAMILY VACATION - MEXICO” TAPE | SPREAD THE WORD !

Mic Tyson
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
damn thats tight. ima def. follow.

pyrex visionist
11-03-2010, 05:49 PM
^^help me spread the word. i'd really like to hear that joint.

that blu and theophilusi track was released with the intention of the artists. that's second time in a row for blu.

and here's blu latest track with u-god:

“KeepItGoing”(featUGod)

http://nahright.com/news/2010/11/03/blu-ft-u-god-keep-it-going/

ProducedByFlyingLotus
RecordedByBlu@TheSkidRowSpot&TinTin@QuadCityRecordings
ScratchesByRhettmatic
UGodFromYesSir,WuTangClan
VideoComingSoon

pyrex visionist
11-25-2010, 03:26 PM
off no york album:

JWj_qrjqvGU

no york producers:

8gx6F6uJ1Ds

oDoUoSoKo
11-26-2010, 11:57 PM
that song is bad ass^

pyrex visionist
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Perhaps best remembered for his influential 2007 release Below The Heavens, Blu is arguably one of the most talented emcees of our time. His multi-regionally influenced delivery, coupled with the ability to tell succinct, cohesive, and vividly detailed stories, have had the likes of high-ranking musical contemporaries Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, and The Roots singing his praises.

Further, any talk of this rare lyrical wonder reminds his biggest supporters of a well deserved and long over-due meteoric rise to rap stardom that has yet to take place. With some sporadically released side projects and a few high profile cameo appearances under his belt,this forth coming release will be the largely slept- on San Pedro native’s first full length solo project, to date.

In his signature detached disposition and pensive “out to lunch” gaze, Blu emerges from behind stylish tortoise print Ray Bans to give URB the low down on the album that could greatly impact and surely enrich the ever unfolding history of contemporary rap music.

Our dialogue proper begins at Earlez, an eatery located in the heart of LA’s Crenshaw District .It’s here, over a veggie chili-dog and fries, that the rap mysterioso briefly opens up about the making of his highly anticipated solo debut.

URB: Talk about the new album

Blu: Well, the title of the album is No York, you know what I’m sayin’ and it’s really my first solo album. Also, the title is not a diss to New York or New York rappers. It’s just a statement that this album is a very West Coast album.

URB: What do you mean when you say West Coast ?

Blu: Like…the sound of it. Jack Davey from J*Davey is on there, so is Shafiq (Sa-Ra)…it’s an LA sound all the way.

URB: What other guest appearances will we hear on the album?

Blu: I got Tiombe Lockhart on there, U-God from Wu-Tang, and some other surprises. Lots of LA folks.

URB: Explain the recording process and memorable moments from working in the studio

Blu: Much of the album was recorded here in Los Angeles and parts of it were recorded in New York. There’s really no particular formula that I stick to, I just write lyrics and try them to different tracks. I make music everyday, you know? As far as actually being in the studio, it’s always a pleasure working with all the homies. It’s always dope in the studio with Ms. Jack Davey, of course.

URB: Has the political climate in our country (i.e.-the recent mid-term elections, the tea party movement, etc) had an impact on the music we’ll hear on No York?

Blu: (laughing to himself) Naw, but Sufi’s “Tea Party Remix” album could change politics.

via: http://www.urb.com/2010/12/06/quick-talk-with-blu/?awesm=fbshare.me_AYTdK&utm_content=fbshare-js-large&utm_medium=fbshare.me-facebook-post&utm_source=twitter.com

new track:

XnvJ916cuPE

announcment:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld5g9d8hmN1qazaed.png

2011 IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR ! WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR FIRST OFFICIAL NEW WORLD COLOR RELEASE WILL BE BLU’S “AMNESIA” 10”. WE HAVE PARTNERED W/ NATURE SOUNDS, BROOKLYN’S FINEST HIP HOP LABEL, TO BRING TO YOU THE FIRST SINGLE FOR THE REMASTERED RERELEASE OF “HER FAVORITE COLO(U)R”…

CHECK OUT nature-sounds.net AND FOLLOW TWITTER.COM/NATURESOUNDS FOR MORE INFO

Undiluted Karma
12-10-2010, 11:06 AM
if been listening to bits of blu's collabo with exile very nice beats and blu is a good rapper i like his alternating vibrant and deep emotional styles, hes got a good style with the flow and lyrics. its refreshing to hear.

pyrex visionist
12-14-2010, 03:02 AM
new blu and exile track (official video):
Blu & Exile – Seasons

IUU0yrUAtoA

+

"You Find Yourself on a Star": BLU Talks Tangents and Why He Didn't Go Back to Throwbacks

k-CvP4Mg2ik

pyrex visionist
12-14-2010, 03:51 PM
more blu:
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/12/14/mic-holden-excuse-me-make-room-f-blu/#comments

pyrex visionist
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
damn. this goes hard.

Blu – Doinnothin (Keep It Going) ft. PacDiv, TiRon, U-N-I, J * Davey, Ayomari & Co$$ Live

R4dobl8E5N8

pyrex visionist
12-24-2010, 03:26 AM
http://www.soulculture.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/blu-her-favorite-color.jpg

Some great news if you're a fan of the Cali emcee, Blu. SC reports: His unreleased first album, finally mastered with the added tracks from Blu’s unreleased The Godlee Barnes LP, now appears to be set for sale in February 2011 via Nature Sounds Records [having had an initial release date of August 2010].
‘Now signed to Warner Brothers at work on his major label debut, the emcee/producer will formally unveil his unreleased debut, Her Favorite Colo(u)r. Nature Sounds Records is poised to release Blu’s mid-’00s album, featuring acts such as TiRon, Sene and Strange Fruit Project’s Myth. Aside from one song, the entire album is produced by Blu,’ report HipHopDX.
“Every project I approach, I don’t want it to sound like anything else,” Blu said in a statement. “I feel like I’m going to be producing a lot longer than I’ll be rapping.”
Her Favorite Colo(u)r will be released on February 15, 2011. Tracklist after the jump!

Tracklist:
1.Love
2.Amnesia
3.Since
4.Morning
5.Melo
6.Wind(terlude)
7.When(terlude)
8.Silent
9.Pardon
10.Vanity
11.Beggars Black Gold
12.Cellin’Ls
13.Untitled(LovedU)2
14.Peace

this is a must buy due to the godleebarnes lp tracks that will be added to this project.

Fatal Guillotine
06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
i hear something from this guy recently that was pretty nice

i think its on a cd or mixtape called p.o.r.n.