PDA

View Full Version : "More Trife Life" is such an underrated Mobb classic

claaa7
10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
ok it's on "Hell On Earth" and that's considered by 90% of Mobb Deep fans to be a straight up classic but it bugs me how rarerly the sequel to "Trife Life" gets mentioned. Havoc really proves he can hold his own here and shine like a true fucking hardcore star, to everyone that says that Prodigy was all the lyrics and Havoc the beat guy they ain't got a clue.

this is one of my favorite Mobb joints of all time, the production with the dark, cinematic, haunting production with the crazy use of that eerieness that is the string section sampled. it's the perfect beat for the story, the shit is definitely like a fucking movie - from the score, to the story-line, to the build up to the twist at the end and our guy getting out of that tight situation. i love how the beat breaks down and he drops the "TAKE MY WORD, DON'T EVER GO SEE A BITCH" to close the joint. these guys wasn't to be fucked with, the whole "Hell On Earth" album is INSANE - Prodigy and Havoc both peaking lyrically, Havoc peaking production wise, really finding his perfect outlet with the classical sounding dusty vinyl samples and raw drum kicks. it's still street as hell but you can tell "P" started studying the illumninati and started dropping a little jewels here and there.

one of the illest albums ever, and to consider that "The Infamous" is on the exact same level (it's just as ill but more varied in the sound partly because of Q-Tip's excellent involvement), one can be better than the other depeneding on which mood you're in.

"Murda Muzik" was heat too, loads of bangers and some classics but there's a few filler joints and it was one of them albums that got hammered by being bootlegged. alot of the joints that leaked that didn't make the album such as "Feel My Gat Blow", "Three From NYC", "Nobody Likes Me" and "Power Rap" (GODDAMN). replace the filler joints with these and you got a third classic, or at least almost.

"Infamy" and "Blood Money" was alot better than many made them out to be, still Mobb Deep but fans couldn't accept they were moving away a little form their traditional sound. what i'm trying to say is that the Mobb's catalouge is underrated, the only weak one is "Amerikaz Nightmare" and "Juvenile Hell" wasn't exactly all that but their discography definitely stands up as great.

"MORE TRIFE LIFEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
this song always gets the most hate on that album

its cus they´d already done this song once, and more trife life didnt have p.

i love the beat on more trife life, but as a song it doesnt touch trife life, so it that sense, its a bit of a questionable moment.

PFVseEeuHKM

^thats why lol.

claaa7
10-07-2010, 06:37 PM
nah man... "More Trife Life" >>> "Trife Life", not by much of course but my personal preference is M.T.L. - P on it or not. both are obviously classics tho.

angry!
10-07-2010, 06:47 PM
amerikaz nightmare wasnt wack son...

amerikas nightmare intro - one of the gulliest havoc beats ever.. digi block horrorshow!!!!!!!!!!!

win or lose - classic cut

one of ours with jada - classic all 3 of them mash it with jada takin the gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flood the block - fuck you and your dun dun shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

dump with nate dogg - so gully... play in the whip, with premium sound set up... enjoy!!!!!!!!!

got it twisted - classic single... MOBB classic... "a lil blood get on my daughter? its nuttin shell live!!!!!!!!!!!"

when you hear the - dusted sample classic ALC banger classic p verse HNIC caliber spit!!!!!!!!!!

on the run - one of the illest HAVOC verses ever nigga wrecked shop!!!!!!!!

get me - some killa shit.. tool up and bust a nigga head shit!!!!!!!!

throw your hands - kanye banger, beat switchups were INSANE, p bodied it!!!!!!!!!!!!

we up - prodgiy spittin that nightmare shit... middle of the night in a sweat, p came back with a lot of energy on amerikaz nightmare in comparison to infamy where nigga sounded coked out/drunk through the entire record!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it had some fillers, shit aint wack though, go back to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tip to tip some of havocs best emcee work was featured on amerikaz nightmare!!!!!!!! that album rubbed niggas the wrong way after they saw the video with lil jon... that was some label shit... that wasnt at all reflective of the album!!!!!!!!!!!!

M O B B got one of the illest catalogs ever...

and if yall wanna talk about unreleased material... shit...

deeznutz1981
10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
ya man i though amerikaz nightmare was pretty ill when it came out.

more trife life i have always said is probably the darkest track on hell on earth. i love that sample and those drums are fuckin bangin! Havoc went all out with the reverb on those drums and the shit was just eerie. love the story too

it's back and forth but i generally say that hell on earth >>> infamous but only by a bitches ass hair!

best track on hell on earth imo is apostles warning - that michael jackson sample is crazy and those fuckin crow noises or whatever they are just make you wanna murder yourself

Funkadelik Man
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
yea dude more trife life is such a sick story, prolly my second fav of the album under drop a gem on em

David Daniel Davis
10-07-2010, 09:48 PM
The beat reminds me a lot of Terror Squad's Whatcha Gon Do? which uses a lot of the same elements. Juju Gigante of Beatnuts killed that right there.

deeznutz1981
10-07-2010, 11:03 PM
The beat reminds me a lot of Terror Squad's Whatcha Gon Do? which uses a lot of the same elements. Juju Gigante of Beatnuts killed that right there.

#1 - how the fuck did you just start this thread into a beatnuts dickriding campaign?

and

#2 - it sounds absolutely nothing like whatcha gon do at all to me

benzo
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
c/s this thread, TL2 been one of the stand out tracks on that album for me. production is flawless. PLUS ill story lyrics and delivery? it's a wrap.

EAGLE EYE
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
this is maybe unrelated but anyone remember Prodigy being featured on this RSO track for the Original Gangstas sound track?

He's wearing the gold mac too

IxmZu2Zif58

David Daniel Davis
10-09-2010, 12:59 AM
this is maybe unrelated but anyone remember Prodigy being featured on this RSO track for the Original Gangstas sound track?

He's wearing the gold mac too

IxmZu2Zif58

The old man in the beginning is Ray Benzino's father Schnapps.

David Daniel Davis
10-09-2010, 01:02 AM
I talk with Hangmen 3 on Myspace; they told me the other guys from Made Men are still around; Mr. Gzus is still doing his thing and Antonio Twice Thou is C.E.O. of Antonio Ansaldi.

-The A to the Z-
10-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Nah, Havoc doesn't carry the track here, kinda drags on.

Shogah
10-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I love that part from 3:00- 3:10 where there are only crackles and wind are left.

It's like havoc is so confident at what is doing that he can put 10 sec's of some noise, and it's still crazy

claaa7
10-10-2010, 05:20 AM
^ WORD, i love that part too - especially when the beat kicks back in again that's adrenaline right there