10-07-2010, 05:39 PM
One of the best to touch the mic and a quality all round musician

I have
The Fix
The Diary
Last of the dying breed
Untouchable
We can't be stopped (Geto goys)

This guy should be mention amongst the best to ever do it never mind best of the south.

Listening to Last of a dying breed at the moment and it is such a deep album.

I don't own one face album below 4 mics

I know I need to cop his earlier stuff but I overlooked him for so long.

Even Untouchable probably his worst album I own is a quality cd and if released today would be called a classic

Whats ur thoughts?

He has rapped with Nas, Jigga and ice Cube and never been outshined, well maybe slightly by Cube on Hand of a dead body as Cube verse is mind blowing one of his best

seywhat
10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
My fav album from Scarface is The World is Yours. It bangs front to back, no doubt... and I definitely agree with your post.

angry!
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
alls im gonna say is...

MADE and emeritius are both heaters and face didnt wanna do either one!!!!!!!!!!!!

its literally impossible for scarface to release average material!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scarface BEEN hatin life, his boss, you, me, himself, his baby mamas, uncle sam... and he still droppin classic material in his sleep for whoever wants it!!!!!!!!!!!!

check the PRODUCT if you havent, such a dope album... criminally underrated group work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus factor in faces work with the geto boys... one of the most revolutionary groups ever... nobody was killin niggas on records and fuckin their moms afterwords until geto boys got it poppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i still wanna see beanie sigel and face drop an album itd be the one of the most explosive collabo albums ever!!!!!!!!

c-E1fGweD5M

if you dont feel that record mom mustve molested you growin up!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a drink!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the most emotional artists ever and not on no pussy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmx ghost beanie scarface 2pac these niggas bleed music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claaa7
10-07-2010, 07:46 PM
i never really dug into too much of Scarface's material despite the shit i've heard from him i fucking loved and he has all the right things i love in an MC (no homo). the only ones i got is "The Fix" (classic) and Geto Boys "Resurrection" but i heard "The Diary" and alot of the Gheto Boys material plus lot of guest spots that he's ALWAYS killing the guy who's track he's guesting on (including Jay-Z, Mos Def, Nas (altho Nas might've tooken him on the song on "The Fix")... "Emeritus" was greatness too. i need to check out more of his material but i mostly listen to music i buy or artists i got most of their catalouges in my collection which i make compilations of unreleased tracks and guest spots for. but i'll get there as far as collecting 'Faces material.

djskillz
10-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Co sign everything in this thread. In my top five for sure

J-Cee
10-08-2010, 01:55 AM
scarface is def on of the greats,one of the 1st rap artists i heard that got me into rap..geto boys..all that

Killah_L
10-08-2010, 06:23 AM
I have to disagree and say Face got Nas on the In between us track, close call but face just edges it for me.

Glad everyone agrees with me can't believe I slept on Scarface for so long.

This man should be mention beside Biggie, Pac, Rakim,Nas, etc

One thing for sure there is only one true King of the South.

i mind watching an episode of cribs with Face on it, this man is still Ghetto to this day. He will have made more money than alot of other rappers.

The fact he produces the majority of his tracks to makes him a legend

hide1998
10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
One thing for sure there is only one true King of the South.

It's cool to feel that way, but keep in mind Scarface himself rejects that title, and acknowledge T.I. as the King of the South (which is a term very misunderstood because the people who don't think much of T.I. don't hear enough of his full albums to get what he means by it).

But absolutely Scarface should (and among heads, he does) be mentioned among the likes of Biggie, Tupac, Nas, etc.

LA zoo
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
alls im gonna say is...

MADE and emeritius are both heaters and face didnt wanna do either one!!!!!!!!!!!!

its literally impossible for scarface to release average material!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scarface BEEN hatin life, his boss, you, me, himself, his baby mamas, uncle sam... and he still droppin classic material in his sleep for whoever wants it!!!!!!!!!!!!

check the PRODUCT if you havent, such a dope album... criminally underrated group work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus factor in faces work with the geto boys... one of the most revolutionary groups ever... nobody was killin niggas on records and fuckin their moms afterwords until geto boys got it poppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i still wanna see beanie sigel and face drop an album itd be the one of the most explosive collabo albums ever!!!!!!!!

c-E1fGweD5M

if you dont feel that record mom mustve molested you growin up!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a drink!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the most emotional artists ever and not on no pussy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmx ghost beanie scarface 2pac these niggas bleed music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta disagree w/ the X love, but Face is # 2 behind Pac in my book. The Diary is the hardest album of all time, btw

Sickandary!
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
face a bad ass dude. propz to face

CharlesJones
10-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Scarface is a very good rapper but the only solo albums of his i like are Mr Scarface Is Back and The World Is Yours. I don't know why his fans love The Diary so much. That album wasn't all that great to me. It's ok. I haven't heard Emeritus but i'll check it out later. I wish he would've rapped more on My Homies album. Last Of A Dying Breed, The Fix, Balls And My Word albums disappointed me. Recognize song on Balls And My Word album is hard. I love that song and the video is tight. That's the only song i like on that album LOL. He said he had nothing to do with that album because he said Rap A Lot released it without his permission. He also said he had nothing to do with My Homies 2 album and Rap A Lot released that without his permission.

main_man
10-09-2010, 04:07 PM
easily top 3 of all time to me.
scarface, kool g rap & rakim are the three mc's that helped form the type of lyricists i enjoy the most.
and scarface probably has the best discography of those three.

mr. scarface is back - 5 star hip hop classic

the world is yours - easily 4 and a half

the diary - 4 star 90's gangsta rap classic. and most people consider it his greatest solo.

untouchable - an amazingly underrated album. 4 and a half to me. but if you aint a hood cat involved in the shadier side of life, you might not feel it.

last of a dying breed - one of face's weaker releases in my opinion. but still straight hood shit and better than most peoples albums. an easy 3 and a half.

the fix - great album. face brings it lyrically and gets some great production to rip to shreds. 4 and a half, easy.

m.a.d.e. - a little more r&b on the hooks than i like, but scarface makes up for it with his lyrical talent. another striaght hood album from the o.g. and easy 3 and a half.

emeritus - another banger from face. a lot of r&b hooks, like on m.a.d.e., but face is too gangster to let it fuck with his flow. another 3 and a half rated album.

dopeman music - this is a mixtape released this year, but it is basically another scarface album. not as much r & b on it like his last 2 solos, just his son (i think) and another young mc rap a lot on it. but its hard as hell and great to bump in a system. scarface is on point lyrically like always. 4 star record.

i left out the my homies albums and balls & my word, since they aren't really scarface albums.
and like angry said, the product album is dope and slept on. check that shit out, its really good too.
and the facemob album. it was a group he had with devin the dude ,dmg and a couple other mcs. the name of the album was "the other side of the law" and its got some really good shit on it.
not to mention the geto boys stuff. he signed ludacris to def jam and put him on. scarface should always be in any real hip hop fans top 5 AT LEAST. he's a for real hood cat.

and just think, rick rubin didnt want face in the geto boys. that peckerwood has no taste. lol

djskillz
10-09-2010, 05:29 PM
^co-sign every word.