PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rock & CL Smooth May Reunite

Jin10304
10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.billboard.com/news/pete-rock-surprised-to-hear-kanye-jay-z-1004118626.story#/news/pete-rock-surprised-to-hear-kanye-jay-z-1004118626.story

angry!
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
after guru died, these niggas better have been reaching for the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cl and pete till this day... some of the strongest chemistry ever!!!!!!!!!!

both tracks off of SOUL SURVIVOR 2 were classic... beats still fit cl like a glove... and they hated eachother at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! those were the illest tracks on the album!!!!!!!!

it makes too much sense... get it done!!!!!!!!!

"make my beats faggot!!!!!!!!!!" - classic blowup!!!!!!!!!!! it hurt to see, but i laugh lookin back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ima play APPRECIATE and think of what ifs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and bout fuckin time jay hollas at pete, pete never fell off, ever, hes taken breaks, but when hes goin, he shittin on niggas... and i mean just about everybody!!!!!!!!!!

threadstarter thinks soul survivor 2 was weak... and his reasoning is "pete said he didnt even feel that record"... yeah... you know why?!?!?!!?!? he got FUCKED on the money!!!!!!! that album fuckin yanks, off yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Jin10304
10-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Thats one of the reasons, not the only one I had, Pete has stated MUSICALLY he didnt feel SS2. It just wasnt up to par with SS1 or any material he was releasing in that year.

Tommy
10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I always wondered why Jay never hooked up with Pete to create some magic. Can you imagine Jay'z slick, slowed down flow over Pete's traditional soulful, horn filled back drops? Auditory heaven.

Listen to "The Ruler's Back" and tell me Hov wouldn't rip through one of his beats.

As for the supposed reunion, I'd love to see it. If they're touring together maybe they can bury the hatchet and stir up some of that old school but fresh shit we all love.

fatboybrandon
10-08-2010, 03:47 PM
ccTnuQwktkQ

Here's an interview and live performance they did at a sneaker shop out in Chicago, they look like their on good terms, hopefully so for Hip Hop's sake.

"make my beats faggot!!!!!!!!!!"

I hope you heard the audio interview after that article, CL was irate for about 45 minutes straight, listen here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/halftimeonline-coms-hip-hop/id156649391 It was hard to imagine them working together ever after hearing this.

CharlesJones
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
That's nice that they got back together. I'm happy for them and i hope they settled their problems. I hope they'll be working on a new album. Has anybody heard CL Smooth's wack solo album American Me? That album is very disappointing and he should've had some beats from Pete on there. I remember reading a old Pete interview and he said he didn't even know CL did a solo album hahahahahahahahahahaha.

theheavens
10-09-2010, 03:04 PM
why does pete rock start shit with every mc he comes in contact with?

Razorsharp
10-09-2010, 03:43 PM
why is he so excited to work with kanye aside from the money? lol he's super excited and "doesnt deserve to be on the same track" -__- it should be the other way way

CharlesJones
10-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm surprised he did some songs for Kanye because if i was a producer, i wouldn't have done a song for that faggot LOL.

Mr. R&B
10-09-2010, 06:12 PM
A new Pete Rock & CL Smooth album would be tits!

They don't need to be best friends or anything, just tolerate each other long enough to record a dope album.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-09-2010, 09:08 PM
If Pete Rock & CL Smooth had stuck together for 2-3 more albums, we'd be having CL Smooth in GOAT lists.

Jin10304
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
"That album is very disappointing and he should've had some beats from Pete on there."

He did

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Pete did some beats on CL's American Me album? What songs did he produce? How could Pete do some beats on there when he said in a interview that he didn't know CL did a solo album? LOL.

claaa7
10-16-2010, 12:25 PM
^ CL only re-used one of the tracks from "Soul Survivor II"

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
You talking about he used a song he did with Pete from Soul Survivor 2 and put it on his American Me album? LOL. CL did a mixtape too. I forgot the name of it but most of the songs on there are live performances and he has a few new songs.