PDA

View Full Version : Nas lost again....

buckshotstheone
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Today I write about how Nas has made a career out of failing, the recent letter to Def Jam just being more proof of that...

http://www.reppghhiphop.com/2010/10/08/nas-lost-pt-62/

So recently an e-mail was released (http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/10/07/is-nas-lost-tapes-2-going-to-be-released/) that Nas apparently wrote to Def Jam with regard to the release date for his Lost Tapes 2 album. For those who remember back in 2002 when he was riding the wave of success following the overrated but still pretty good Stillmatic he released a collection of tracks that basically amounted to what was supposed to be “I Am”. (http://kevinnottingham.com/2008/06/23/nas-i-am-the-autobiography/) The Nas fanatics acted like the compilation was a gift from god (‘s son) and some have even tried to argue that it fits into a list of the best Nas albums ever (sorry, but a compilation of old songs doesn’t count, try again, there’s still only 1 you can really put on that list). All Nas hating aside it is completely understandable that Nas is going at his label for not giving a fuck about him, the problem is, that’s only gonna make the label give even less of a fuck about him.

Like it or not, record labels run shit. They decide when and if your album drops, they decide how much promotion to give you, and they decide whether or not to sell….uh….suggest your songs to radio stations. If you don’t get on board with them (or get real lucky with the independent game) then they will find the next artist who will, as there are about 500,000 “rappers” out there who truly believe they are the next big thing and who can pull that god body shit just as good if not better than the 37 year old Queensbridge native. A label doesn’t want some loose cannon who’s gonna make them look bad with his radical statements and attempts to get the biggest news corporation in the country to stop lying, especially when a good 95% of the Def Jam shareholders probably watch Fox News every damn night. It’s like Jay said recently (http://www.reppghhiphop.com/2010/09/24/jay-z-feat-warren-buffet-steve-forbes/), there’s the artistic side of it, and the business side of it, and as far as the business side goes, Nas has been by far one of the most epic fails in the industry.

Yall remember seeing the back cover of Nastradamus (http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-397627-1245876972.jpeg) and doing a double-take cause you thought Pac had come back and with that west coast style bullshit Nasty Nas was trying to pull? What about the infamous QB’S Finest slip up that Hov perfectly summed up on the Takeover? That double album (http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/5711-streets-disciple.jpg) was fire huh? And of course, what better way to get your name relevant in a culture that doesn’t give a fuck about you anymore even though you released the best album of all time than to name your newest album something that no label will publish (http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/05/19/19895200.aspx) and no store will carry, so Untitled it is, yeah, that shit sold a lot…

A tirade about labels not giving a fuck about you is only going to show the labels that you’re a problem, it’s like the idea that all these rappers are big time drug dealers, like label is gonna say “oh ok so you’re constantly holed up in a crash house hoping the feds don’t catch you and there’s a good chance that any day now you could be locked up for 10-20, but yeah, we’d LOVE to give a big check and make you our responsibility”. What matters most is marketability and the ease with which you are willing to give up your freedoms to the t.I.’s who ultimately will take everything they can from you and leave you for dead unless the Illuminati takes you in but they already rejected Esco so he stuck working outside the system now, which is why you’ll never hear The Lost Tapes 2, and even if it drops it’ll probably be 95% shit you’ve already heard, which had a reason for never getting an official release. Remember yall, the first Lost Tapes was unreleased shit from the 90s, this is unreleased shit from the God’s Son through Untitled era, yall REALLY wanna hear that??

Djaminha
10-08-2010, 06:55 PM
damn I wish I could be a failure just like nas.

Dont quit your day job.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Fuck Def Jam. Nas needs to leave and join something good. And this nigga calling Stillmatic overrated is obviously a big Jay-Z dickrider and has never ever heard It Was Written.

Nagra
10-08-2010, 07:34 PM
lmao @ this being your website. Nobody gives a fuck what u think b, your pictures are on the front page, either you're the white boy or the black Earthworm Jim

get the fuck out

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I wish Nas was more like Jay :nonono:

Nas' real problem is that he hasnt gone at least semi-independent a la Raekwon or G Rap. Label politics are bullshit and instead of bashing him for not going with the flow and completely selling out like Jay Z or Fat Joe or everyone on the radio, a more apt conclusion would be to question why does he even WANT to be on a label anymore.

Kenny Powers
10-08-2010, 10:19 PM
this is unreleased shit from the God’s Son through Untitled era, yall REALLY wanna hear that?

Yes i do. I cant wait for it to come out

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I wish Nas was more like Jay :nonono:

Nas' real problem is that he hasnt gone at least semi-independent a la Raekwon or G Rap. Label politics are bullshit and instead of bashing him for not going with the flow and completely selling out like Jay Z or Fat Joe or everyone on the radio, a more apt conclusion would be to question why does he even WANT to be on a label anymore.

Becasue then who's gonna fund shit for his albums? To pay producers and all that?

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-08-2010, 11:15 PM
So artists who aren't on a major label don't make quality albums?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-08-2010, 11:17 PM
No thats not what i'm saying. I'm saying Nas choses producers on his albums which require quite a price and with his position he is in with him having to pay Kelis and all that, he can't afford to pay those producers.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-09-2010, 02:35 AM
I thought it was obvious that he would adapt his producer choices to his new financial situation. So instead of just blaze, he gets DOOM, Exile, 9th Wonder etc

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-09-2010, 03:36 AM
That would be pretty fucking dope, i gotta admit.

EQ the GOD
10-09-2010, 05:59 AM
I cant go to sleep.......so I decided I should read this stupid fucking blog.

Long story short you put me to sleep. And Nas wins. Thanks.

buckshotstheone
10-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Fuck Def Jam. Nas needs to leave and join something good. And this nigga calling Stillmatic overrated is obviously a big Jay-Z dickrider and has never ever heard It Was Written.

It Was Written was flawless except for the lauryn hill track. Silent Murder is one of my favorite Nas joints of all time

dad
10-09-2010, 03:34 PM
hey bro. get the fuck off this site. we dont give a fuck what you say.

CharlesJones
10-09-2010, 03:34 PM
The threadstarter is telling the truth about rappers need to stop bitching about record labels taking advantage of them because record labels are the ones that make the decisions about when they're gonna release your album and when they're gonna pay you. They don't give a damn about rappers dissing their companies because they know if rap music never existed that rappers would be drug dealers and killers hahahahahahahaha. They know most rappers aren't interested in getting a job. I don't really wanna hear a Lost Tapes 2 by Nas anyway because he hasn't made good music in a very long time.

Tommy
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
he was riding the wave of success following the overrated but still pretty good Stillmatic

Wrong.

Like it or not, record labels run shit. They decide when and if your album drops, they decide how much promotion to give you, and they decide whether or not to sell….uh….suggest your songs to radio stations.

Wrong.

get your name relevant in a culture that doesn’t give a fuck about you anymore even though you released the best album of all time than to name your newest album something that no label will publish and no store will carry, so Untitled it is,

Lol, this shit is laughable. "A culture that doesn't give a fuck about you", who exactly do you speak for, faggot? You and the one person who visits your blog? If you didn't know, which you probably don't, Nas is one of the all time greats and will ALWAYS be relevant in hip hop. Moron.

A tirade about labels not giving a fuck about you is only going to show the labels that you’re a problem, it’s like the idea that all these rappers are big time drug dealers, like label is gonna say “oh ok so you’re constantly holed up in a crash house hoping the feds don’t catch you and there’s a good chance that any day now you could be locked up for 10-20, but yeah, we’d LOVE to give a big check and make you our responsibility”.

What the fuck are you talking about?!?!

this is unreleased shit from the God’s Son through Untitled era, yall REALLY wanna hear that??

Yes, I would.

The thing is with you, "buckshottheone", is that you don't respect hip hop, you probably don't even like it that much. I remember reading that girl's blog about you were she said you had not even been to a live hip hop show. Hahaha, that just proves you're not a true hip hop head.

Buy the albums, listen to the music, and shut the fuck up. Answer this question: why do you post these blogs, and why do you even waste your time writing them? Oh, and instead of not replying, how about actually defending yourself.

Like I said before, you're lucky HHIR links to you. Loser.

buckshotstheone
10-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Wrong.

Wrong.

Lol, this shit is laughable. "A culture that doesn't give a fuck about you", who exactly do you speak for, faggot? You and the one person who visits your blog? If you didn't know, which you probably don't, Nas is one of the all time greats and will ALWAYS be relevant in hip hop. Moron.

What the fuck are you talking about?!?!

Yes, I would.

The thing is with you, "buckshottheone", is that you don't respect hip hop, you probably don't even like it that much. I remember reading that girl's blog about you were she said you had not even been to a live hip hop show. Hahaha, that just proves you're not a true hip hop head.

Buy the albums, listen to the music, and shut the fuck up. Answer this question: why do you post these blogs, and why do you even waste your time writing them? Oh, and instead of not replying, how about actually defending yourself.

Like I said before, you're lucky HHIR links to you. Loser.

yo i can understand with disagreement with my opinionated statements regarding his music, but record labels DO run shit, why else is your avatar of someone who got all the mic skills to be a big name but mafuckas who been in the game for years haven't even heard of him?

i been to many live shows, i've DONE shows, i just don't go often, ain't many around here, but i do when i can, and shit yo a lot of rappers SUCK live, including your avatar yet again, who doesn't even DO his own shows, wow, those must be awesome.

hip hop doesn't care about nas, how much coverage he get for distant relatives? damian got more hip hop coverage for that album than nas, and clearly if def jam ain't paying for his album then they recognize there is NO country for that mafucka, hip hop treats Nas like they do Canibus at this point, cause he's run his mouth too many times for these big cat mafuckas to put money up for him to sell 30K

hip hop treats Nas like they do Joe Budden, only Budden is actually trying to get back up in this shit, Nas standing outside Fox News with a piece of paper, hip hop is up in the building with an office on the 25th floor counting the stacks they make off bill o'reilly shitting on ludacris, publicity is publicity.

as far as what you quoted for "what the fuck am i talking about" - record labels don't sign unstable mafuckas, there's a million rappers but they want someone who they can invest in and see a true return, they don't see that in Nas, they see a mafucka who's gonna cause them problems, it's a money game, that's why jay stay paid....

EAGLE EYE
10-10-2010, 02:53 AM
record labels don't sign unstable mafuckas,

no. not at all.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXncwEzg29eFMFD9TAtcasOgs7ti2YN 1U4RjeOOWUVLLXKDIo&t=1&usg=__UTrIOWaChJ41efC3JJDPpFdieKE=

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/98161/thumbs/s-CMURDER-large.jpg

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/odb_thighs.gif

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:AZx-v5QzQUSrVM:http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/sp33dyzwif3y/eminem-3.jpg&t=1

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-10-2010, 02:56 AM
well, the people with least money makes the best music

buckshotstheone
10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
well, the people with least money makes the best music

that ain't true either, you ain't gotta be broke to be talented. that's some backpacker mentality like "yo this mafucka the best MC on the PLANET! oh wait, he got signed, he on the radio, man fuck him, sell out mafucka making WACK shit"

EQ the GOD
10-10-2010, 04:16 PM
It Was Written was flawless except for the lauryn hill track. Silent Murder is one of my favorite Nas joints of all time

If I Ruled The World? WTF. That's a good song.

It's fine to have opinionated views about hip-hop. You just don't need to post them. Because you're opinion sucks. You have a distorted and irrelevant view of what hip-hop actually is.

And Why are you asking people if they really want more Nas? Of course we do. We love hip-hop. Nas is hip-hop, one of the people that embody that shit and put in a lot of work for it.

cunt
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Nas still sells albums.

angry!
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
pack it up you emotionless geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre outta there!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit on nas and praise fabolous, big up labels and shit on independence, post a blog with no purpose or direction...

yeah, id say youre a bonafide faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any nas album before or after stillmatic >>>> any fabolous album period

you a salon queer... you wanna know whos fuckin, whos beefin, whos talkin, whos not, cuz youre feminine in nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post ONE e-mail of positive feedback in response to your blogs you lame

ONE

ill give you time to fabricate a fictional one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twiztid-Wutang
10-10-2010, 07:26 PM
People STILL bash Nas? After ALL the garbo in the industry now that gets burn, people STILL try and set they're mouths to shit on Nas?

Wow

RynMur
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
fuck your opinion!

Undiluted Karma
10-12-2010, 04:21 AM
I thought it was obvious that he would adapt his producer choices to his new financial situation. So instead of just blaze, he gets DOOM, Exile, 9th Wonder etc

Word, more independence is a good thing in many respects, OB4CL2 was a testament to that.

Mr. R&B
10-12-2010, 05:10 AM
pack it up you emotionless geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre outta there!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit on nas and praise fabolous, big up labels and shit on independence, post a blog with no purpose or direction...

yeah, id say youre a bonafide faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any nas album before or after stillmatic >>>> any fabolous album period

you a salon queer... you wanna know whos fuckin, whos beefin, whos talkin, whos not, cuz youre feminine in nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE

ill give you time to fabricate a fictional one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: Oh shit, I'm in tears from laughing so hard.

Epic PWN.