PDA

View Full Version : Kid CuDi feat. Cage - Maniac

DirtMcgehrk
10-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I guess this is the newest track from Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager with Cage on it. Interesting combo. It's a nice low-key track. Generally CuDi has underwhelming delivery and lyrics with some great production, and I think that's the case here. Cage however lifts the cut lyrically. Good to see mainstream artists recognizing the talent in an underground artist like Cage.
3FcWmx2QAn4

Dr Sleepwalker
10-11-2010, 05:03 AM
yeh I just heard this. I like it, it's definetely an interesting track

GhettoGnom
10-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Cool enough, would've been better without Cudi though.. Like Mcgerhrk said, Cudi needs to step up his spit game (or just quit, he's a terrible rapper), but he's capable of making pretty great music anyhow, if Cage would've had both verses this would be class :)

issues
10-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Cool enough, would've been better without Cudi though.. Like Mcgerhrk said, Cudi needs to step up his spit game (or just quit, he's a terrible rapper), but he's capable of making pretty great music

Complex: Do you think you値l ever do a mixtape again?

Kid Cudi: Yeah, I知 sure. I just like making music. So anybody that tries to categorize me in one little box, it just doesn稚 make any sense. Because I never came in this game telling motherfuckers I was one thing. Just because I知 a nigga and I rap they throw me into hip-hop, you know what I知 saying? But I知 not just hip-hop. I知 a plethora of things. I知 a fucking concoction of anything that痴 beautiful sounding, whimsical. If it feels right, I知 probably into it no matter the genre.

GhettoGnom
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Umh.. And?
He still should quit rapping, cus he DO rap. Badly.

DirtMcgehrk
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
His singing isn't really anything to write home about either......just sayin'.

issues
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Umh.. And?
He still should quit rapping, cus he DO rap. Badly.

yes.. and Bob Dylan sings badly..

angry!
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
yo real talk...

what is KUDI good at!?!?!?!?!?

he cant rap...

he cant sing...

hes not original...

the fuck this nigga have fans for?!!?!?!?!?

cant write, cant rap, no range, weak character, weak presence...

i swear niggas get on cuz of what they wear and who they know now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAGE is a fuckin a lame... one of the biggest fall offs in hip hop history in my opinon, this dude was legend, and the nicest white emcee alive for a time... but hes fried!!!!!!!!!

not only did he trash his once original image/style... he traded it in for something that makes him just another guy with a microphone!!!!!!!!!

this slow drawn out whiney shit was career suicide, cage lost his core fans and picked up the wagon thats a tickin time bomb!!!!!!!! when KUDI stops callin after KUDI buzz is gone, cage is fucked!!!!!!!!!

depart from me... YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

RynMur
10-12-2010, 02:44 PM
^lol

...link is dead

DirtMcgehrk
10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
yes.. and Bob Dylan sings badly..

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest song writers in the history of music though. Kid CuDi, is not.

Also, it should be noted that you don't need a good singing voice to be considered a good singer. As long as you're putting some emotion or heart into your vocals, you can get a pass. Take Anthony Keidis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers: He doesn't have what you would consider a very impressive vocal range or singing voice, but he's so raw and emotional in his delivery that you hardly notice.

Kid CuDi on the other hand sings in a flat, monotone voice. He does this kind of mumbling slurry thing that can sound great over the right production. A lot of people say that it's just him being original. Eh, I kind of think it's original only because nobody else is doing it because it doesn't sound that great.

Right now I don't really know what to think of Kid CuDi. He'll come out with something I like, and then follow it up with something I hate.

Mr. R&B
10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Once again, angry! hits the nail on the head...

I have no interest in Cudi whatsoever, no matter how many 16 year olds on the internet tell me otherwise.

As for Cage, I'm not checkin' for dude like that anymore.

Some stuff on DFM was decent, but for every OK track there was some out of place bullshit.

He should stop hanging out with Shia LeBitch and start doing PCP again, that's the only time he's on.

issues
10-13-2010, 04:16 AM
Bob Dylan is one of the greatest song writers in the history of music though. Kid CuDi, is not.

yea.. i know this.. i own Dylans discography..

i was trying to make the point that people are hating on Cudi because of how his voice sounds.. its personal taste at the end of the day..

if people dont like him thats great.. but if you write someone off without giving their albums a few spins, its unfair judgement..

Mr. R&B
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
i was trying to make the point that people are hating on Cudi because of how his voice sounds.. its personal taste at the end of the day..

if people dont like him thats great.. but if you write someone off without giving their albums a few spins, its unfair judgement..

We don't have to like everything...

I don't get why mediocre rappers get a pass these days just so people can say they're open minded, that's some PC bullshit IMO.

What happened to the days when wack MCs got booed out of the building???

Kid Cudi: Yeah, I知 sure. I just like making music. So anybody that tries to categorize me in one little box, it just doesn稚 make any sense. Because I never came in this game telling motherfuckers I was one thing. Just because I知 a nigga and I rap they throw me into hip-hop, you know what I知 saying? But I知 not just hip-hop. I知 a plethora of things. I知 a fucking concoction of anything that痴 beautiful sounding, whimsical. If it feels right, I知 probably into it no matter the genre.

^ And this whole quote looks like a cop-out, "Don't put me in a box, I'm not just Hip-Hop".

Is that how you excuse yourself from sub-par lyricism, by saying you're a multitude of things?

any Joe Schmoe off the street would rap circles around this kid on his best day.

I can, straight off the dome, and I have no intrest in persuing a career as an MC.

GhettoGnom
10-13-2010, 07:43 PM
yea.. i know this.. i own Dylans discography..

I still don't see how any of this applies to my first post. First off, I got no problem what so ever with his voice. However, his lyrics and delivery, which ARE the two most important aspect of RAPPING, are straight up terrible! If you can't hear that, good for you.

Secondly, I happen to think Dylan's voice is amazing! Not beautiful, but unique and great anyhow. Plus, like Mcgehrk pointed out, he might just be THE best songwriter of all times. Cudi merely got a good ear for beats and knows how to put together an album. Which brings me to third, I never said I didn't like him, I even complimentet him as an artist, he's still a shit rapper. There's a difference.

And word, he's not really a very good singer either.

main_man
10-13-2010, 11:57 PM
gotta say, i kinda like this joint.

not a big kid cudi head either. his album was straight booty to me. but i dont think he's as wack as some of these cats out here.

and i somewhat agree with my boy angry's post about cage. but i cant give up on him just yet. cage can write his ass off. and even depart from me had a couple joints on it (dr. strong, beat kids).
so i try to be optimistic and hope we can get cage kennylz the dope ass mc back soon. and not this alternative, whiny, emo pussy version he's been replaced with.
we need psycho cage back!! lol
but his verse on here isn't that bad.

GhettoGnom
10-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't really care if Cage goes emo or psycho, he proved with Movies and Hell's Winter(I actually prefer HW tbf) that he can make classic music regardless. If he tries to make another Depart From Me or some Kid Cudi type of music though, I'm probably done with him.