PDA

View Full Version : Why did Hurt Locker win best picture Oscar

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-13-2010, 11:59 AM
saw it other day, why did it win. I dont get it. Fuck.

Its just an average war film. Nothing happens other than it follows a bomb disposal team, from one bomb to the next, a few shoot outs, THATS IT. Oh yeah, minor sub plot is he plays soccer with an Iraqi kid selling DVD,s at the base, and then he finds a dead Iraqi kid, and he thinks the dead Iraqi kid is the kid who sells DVD,s, but in the end actually it wasnt the same kid and hes just a bit of a tard.

But wtf. I was waiting the whole time for the "Best Picture 2009" part of the film to reveal itself, but literally nothing else happened, other than them disarming bombs.

The acting was just about credible, but the dialogue was hopelessy cliche and stilted, there was no plot of storyline to speak of, it was fairly intense, but its a film about disarming bombs, if it wasnt intense it would be completely pointless.

Anyway

dumb film really. I rated it a 5 out of 10 because it was just boring. Its in the same class as Jarhead.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-13-2010, 12:10 PM
i totally agree with everything u said here

beautifulrock
10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I think the whole point of this exercise was to make Hollywood feel better about itself by making James Cameron a loser. It didn't work. Hollywood is in a deep state of self loathing right now.

EAGLE EYE
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
whats even more bizarre is that the movie was one of the most pirated of all time and the MPAA made an example out of like 140,000 people by suing them all at once.

imagine getting sued over such a wack movie?

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-13-2010, 05:10 PM
lmfaoo @ robbie that's very true,that shit was a major snoozer
@brock well said!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-13-2010, 09:26 PM
They were also dsperate for a female director to get best film and probably decided this is as good a chance as theyre going to get.

whats even more bizarre is that the movie was one of the most pirated of all time and the MPAA made an example out of like 140,000 people by suing them all at once.

mpaa were all like

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5743/kennypowerso.gif

oDoUoSoKo
10-13-2010, 10:33 PM
it was a good movie man, this is all kinda bullshit, the oscars suck anyway? who the fuck cares who wins..it wasnt my favorite film of the year, but it didnt suck

THE MASON
10-13-2010, 11:30 PM
^ cosign

wasnt terrible, pretty good watch.

theheavens
10-14-2010, 01:39 AM
better question: why the fuck did it win best original screenplay? Tarantino blew everyone out of the water

Undiluted Karma
10-14-2010, 07:06 AM
It wasnt amazing but it was good, and it also didnt have a lame american bias either

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Thing is though youre kind of missing the point, theres loads of good movies, they dont al win the best film Oscar. Surely that means something. Its sacred right? Anything that wins that has to be extra special MUST SEE film right?

I agree Oscars are bullshit, if you look at the awards for best film the last 15 years, its mostly been crap that you dont need to see, with the actual good films languishing in the nominations. But still, its all we´ve got.

And personally, I wouldnt even put hurt locker in the category of "good". I wouldnt reccomend anyone to put aside 2 hours of their life to see this film. Theres no point. Why would you reccomend someone to watch this film, unless they were really into war films or something? Theres nothing remotely special here.

War films that deserve honor of best film? Apocolypse now. This is what im talking about. This is a best film Oscar is all about. Beuatiflly shot, legendary acting, pioneering cinematograhy, involving story and script. This is a film.

Hurt Locker? Fuck off lol.

SKAMPOE
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
saw it other day, why did it win. I dont get it. Fuck.

Its just an average war film. Nothing happens other than it follows a bomb disposal team, from one bomb to the next, a few shoot outs, THATS IT. Oh yeah, minor sub plot is he plays soccer with an Iraqi kid selling DVD,s at the base, and then he finds a dead Iraqi kid, and he thinks the dead Iraqi kid is the kid who sells DVD,s, but in the end actually it wasnt the same kid and hes just a bit of a tard.

But wtf. I was waiting the whole time for the "Best Picture 2009" part of the film to reveal itself, but literally nothing else happened, other than them disarming bombs.

The acting was just about credible, but the dialogue was hopelessy cliche and stilted, there was no plot of storyline to speak of, it was fairly intense, but its a film about disarming bombs, if it wasnt intense it would be completely pointless.

Anyway

dumb film really. I rated it a 5 out of 10 because it was just boring. Its in the same class as Jarhead.

i totally agree with everything u said here
co sign!!!!
it was mildly entertaining at best... nothing special at all....saving ryans privates was waaay better imo

Kenny Powers
10-14-2010, 07:41 PM
eh i liked it. But i agree in saying nothing too special. I thought Up in the Air was the best movie.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
eh i liked it. But i agree in saying nothing too special. I thought Up in the Air was the best movie.
now theres a movie i reallly really liked 9:|6

oDoUoSoKo
10-15-2010, 01:00 AM
eloels, well cmon man..of course APOC now..that shit is legend.

Mcthuggin99
10-15-2010, 07:11 PM
better question: why the fuck did it win best original screenplay? Tarantino blew everyone out of the water
i was fuckin mad because Inglorious Basterds only won Best Supporting Actor. it was robbed from Best Screenplay