PDA

View Full Version : Black Rob Signs To Duck Down

Meta4
10-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Black Rob just announced that he's signed a deal with the legendary label Duck Down Records. CEO Dru Ha just confirmed it as well, saying his album "Game Tested & Street Approved" will drop next year.
Black Rob explains the LP is a "testimony of what I stand for and how I feel. The people have been asking for true hip hop music, and that's what I'm giving them. I stayed away from features. I've been away for 4 joints, so I feel the people deserve to hear me. When I came home, I went right to work, and didn't have time to reach out to cats. On my next project you will get that. As for producers, I have some up-and-coming cats on there. I believe in giving cats a chance. As far as named producers you may hear a joint or two from Buckwild, Self Service, Bishop, Scram Jones and Pete Rock."
On his decision to work with Duck Down Music, Black Rob reveals that he "always respected their movement and also been a fan of their music. If I'm going independent why not go with a team I respect, and they have always had a true family setting & environment."

food for thought
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
sounds dope cant wait to hear what he has in store

J.T.S.
10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Good fucking news!!

Edgar Erebus
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Hohshit.

Seems like Duck Down is officially a safe haven for old ass rappers. I like that.

David Daniel Davis
10-14-2010, 12:20 PM
This is phenomenal news; I am really looking forward to this; I hope he gets mad tracks from Supreme of Representativz; he is ridiculous with the beats; mad joints from Eric "Coptic" Matlock would be ill also.

dad
10-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Duck Down has a pretty sick ass roster now.

TAURO
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Good move, I expect Black Rob's next album to be a banger.

claaa7
10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
i didn't see this coming at all but this should make for a dope ass album. hopefully Buckwild gets a large role in the production section.

Mr. R&B
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
This is a good look.

At least we know the album won't be a contrived piece of shit aimed solely at crossover appeal.

Duck Down's been makin' mad moves, I fucking love it.

djskillz
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
not a fan of black rob but i know that anything on duck down is quality so i'll check for it.

THE MASON
10-14-2010, 04:27 PM
its a good look for Black Rob, not the biggest fan...... but i never been disappointed by a Duck Down release.

Duck Down has a pretty sick ass roster now.

they always had a sick roster :king:

David Daniel Davis
10-14-2010, 05:49 PM
This is a good look.

At least we know the album won't be a contrived piece of shit aimed solely at crossover appeal.

Duck Down's been makin' mad moves, I fucking love it.

This is true; being dropped by Priority was probably the best thing that could have happened to them; they are putting music out at a much more rapid rate now.

Mr. R&B
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
And it's been fire too, barely any wack shit since 2005.

You know who I wish would sign to Duck Down???

M.O.P., that would be mind blowing.

djskillz
10-14-2010, 05:58 PM
^thanks for getting my hopes up lol. i'm gonna be praying for this to happen. imagine a super group of sean price and m.o.p.??? or a heltah skeltah/m.o.p. collabo album.

Mr. R&B
10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I've mentioned that before.

If it ever happened I'd go mental and jizz my pants!

djskillz
10-14-2010, 06:11 PM
we need to start a petition and make this happen lol.

Mr. R&B
10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, I'm sure they signed a multi album deal with E1, so it'd take time.

I'm waiting for both members' solo albums to drop, as well as the other fully completed album they recorded while signed to G-Unit.

djskillz
10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
i dont think that g-unit album is ever gonna see the light of day but co-sign on what you said about e1.

David Daniel Davis
10-14-2010, 08:59 PM
we need to start a petition and make this happen lol.

That just might work; people petitioned for the Holocaust Instrumentals and Babygrande put
it out; it is very rare that you see a label actually do what fans ask for; I just hope that everybody that petitioned for it actually bought it when it came out instead of wait for it to
be posted on Youtube and then convert it to mp3.

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I'd like to hear a MOP and Heltah Skeltah collabo album too. That would be hard. As for Black Rob, i might check out his album when it comes out. I'll give him another chance even though i was pissed at his wack Life Story album LOL. Whoa is the only song on there i like hahahahahahahahaha. Has he done other albums after Life Story?

Meta4
10-16-2010, 09:46 PM
^^^ he dropped "The Black Rob Report" a few years back, what I remember was dope.

J.T.S.
10-18-2010, 10:19 AM
"The Black Rob Report"

yeah that album mos def had some bangers on it!

Frank Sobotka
10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Duck Down and Strange run hip-hop right now.

Djaminha
10-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Duck Down and Strange run hip-hop right now.
Lets be honest, they aint running shit.