PDA

View Full Version : "New" Big L album out in November

claaa7
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
i don't know if Big L's biological father died or whatever but it seems we're getting a 21-track release of Big L material that is new in the sense that it's songs that was not on "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous" or "The Big Picture". some of the songs should be familair with any Big L fan but there's some tracks on here that i never heard about before, quite a few Showbiz productions too which should be interesting.

http://www.unkut.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bigLFINALIZED.jpg
ĎThis album is supported 100% by the Big L family.Ē Said Big Lís older brother Donald Phinazee ďIíve been talking about this album for the last six years and it means everything to me. This is an original Big L album and Iím excited to put my brother out. This album will show where he should have been and where he was about to go. Itís going on 12 years since heís been gone. He would have been that one; this project will show where he should have been atí.
Return of the Devilís Son on Distrolord/SMC Recordings will be available online and in stores November 23, 2010.

1.Return Of The Devilís Son [Prod. by Showbiz]
2. Devilís Son [Prod. by Showbiz]
3. Zone Of Danger [Prod. by J-Love]
4. Sandman 118
5. School Days
6. Principle Of The New School [Prod. by Showbiz]
7. Unexpected Flava [Prod. by Lord Finesse]
8. Tonyís Touch
9. Right To The Top (feat. Royal Flush & Kool G Rap) [Prod. by Domingo]
10. Once Again
11. Harlem World Universal
12. I Wonít
13. Hard To Kill
14. Power Moves
15. If You Not Aware
16. I Should Have Used A Rubber
17. Doo Wop #5
18. Yes You Can
19. Audition
20. MCís Whatís Going On [Prod. by Showbiz]
21. Slaying The Mic

Source @ Unkut.com (http://www.unkut.com/2010/10/new-big-l-album-due-in-november/#more-4615)

claaa7
10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
all i know is that it's gonna be nice to have these songs in my CD collection, looks like a fitting tribute to L's legacy. some of the tracks i never heard in full, cd-quality and some i didn't even hear off at all.

djskillz
10-14-2010, 12:40 PM
interesting. can't wait.

deeznutz1981
10-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Heard about this weeks ago but the release date was not set in stone. I think it was scheduled for Nov. 16. This new info might mean it is a go. I cant fuckin wait for this. Looks like I've heard most of it but still anytime I get a chance to support Big L or his fam (not including his faggot pops) I'm in! plus these songs will be nice to add to my collection. Hope the date sticks!

also looking for that Documentary Street Struck and the maybe next official Big L album fuclly produced by Lord Finesse and DJ Premier! They have been talking about doing this album for awhile now but had to sort out shit with Big L faggot pops.

TAURO
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Definately getting this.

Sunz of Man
10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Heard about this weeks ago but the release date was not set in stone. I think it was scheduled for Nov. 16. This new info might mean it is a go. I cant fuckin wait for this. Looks like I've heard most of it but still anytime I get a chance to support Big L or his fam (not including his faggot pops) I'm in! plus these songs will be nice to add to my collection. Hope the date sticks!

also looking for that Documentary Street Struck and the maybe next official Big L album fuclly produced by Lord Finesse and DJ Premier! They have been talking about doing this album for awhile now but had to sort out shit with Big L faggot pops.

word, thought this was the fully produced finesse/premo album. dont get me wrong, this is still badass though, will definitely be copping this. really excited about another g rap/L song as well. thanks claaa

Mr. R&B
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
That Finesse/Preemo helmed album won't happen until his dad passes away.

Maybe not at all now that this is gonna drop.

L didn't have a gigantic stash of unreleased material like 2Pac did, and finesse said that album would've cleared out the vaults and been a final tribute.

To be fair, Lord Finesse never said he'd block a new Big L project, but he isn't going to executive produce one that benefits L's deadbeat, jerk-off daddy.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-14-2010, 01:51 PM
nice cannot wait til dis drops

theheavens
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
looks like I have another album to look forward to besides the Apollo Kids

THE MASON
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Definately getting this.

^this

cannot complain about adding more Big L to your collection ^O^

kingwu
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Definately getting this.

same here

claaa7
10-14-2010, 03:32 PM
this is the supposed cover:

http://cdn.2dopeboyz.com/m.php/2010/10/BigLAlbumArtwork-2.jpg
i think it looks like a cheap mixtape but as long as the music, right

claaa7
10-14-2010, 03:49 PM
NICE that the Big L/Kool G Rap/Royal Flush track is produced by Domingo, very underrated producer. anyway, here's a crazy find that i don't think ever leaked before - the FULL version of that classic Big L and Jay-Z freestyle session @ the Stretch & Bobbito Show. previously we all heard the 7 minute version now here's a 9:25 cut of the session. check it out:

BIG L CRUSHES JAY-Z IN FREESTYLE SESSION (http://www.mediafire.com/?nvg88ve8xmp4tm3)

THE MASON
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
that cover isnt very good at all haha but your right its about the music

checkin that freestyle now........... should be a dope extra few minutes

Makadocious
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM
1 of the mods of Big L online spoke 2 Don (Big L's brother) and said that there's enough material for 1 more album, so i guess that could be the last Big L album produced by Lord Finesse & DJ Premier

Jin10304
10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
/\ But didnt Finesse already say he wont release that because his greedy pops will try & have a hand in it?

deeznutz1981
10-14-2010, 07:42 PM
^^^ yeah but Don (L's brother) is currently in court fighting his dad for the rights to Big L music. It doesn't sound good though because he's going on the fact pops was never around at all to raise them however according to the bitch ass law the estate ALWAYS goes to parents first.

if Don loses I believe they can still do the album but finesse says (off the record) that he will not do it because big L pops a faggot who was never there and now wants in on L's legacy.

bitchassness in its final stages

David Daniel Davis
10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I suggest if Big L's father does gain the rights to the project; just do not support it; that will send a message.

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL@Big L's father trying to make money off his unreleased music hahahahahahahahahahaha. What a loser. I'll be checking for his new unreleased songs album. Big L was a awesome rapper and i miss him.

oldie
10-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Nice think I'll be pickin that up asap

Shame he hasn't got a huge vault of unreleased stuff tho, deffo gunna fiend for more Big L after this

oldie
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I suggest if Big L's father does gain the rights to the project; just do not support it; that will send a message.

This

claaa7
10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
here's a leak from the album, and one of the titles that we didn't recognize. turns out it's just a J-Love remix off "Danger Zone" (a track that don't need no improvement imo), but hey it's pretty nice:

BIG L - "ZONE OF DANGER" (J-LOVE REMIX) (http://www.mediafire.com/?t44stbk4n955p3y)

theheavens
10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
that's sick. I'm def coping this

Durag
10-17-2010, 07:00 AM
I'll definitly be picking this up, not sure how much of it i havnt actually heard, but itl be the first time ill have some on cd.

Its a shame bout that Finesse / Premo L project though, that sounded BANGIN

Razorsharp
10-23-2010, 02:56 AM
yeah... SMH at the cover "L" is a little mishaped hahaha... oh well good music please =]

IZA
10-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rame
10-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Very nice.