PDA

View Full Version : LL Cool's "Mr. Smith" (1995) album is a classic to me...

claaa7
10-16-2010, 06:28 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q90ATWDhSJ4/R-9IkGzljJI/AAAAAAAAABI/6K7TtM899O4/s320/Mr._Smith_-_LL_Cool_J.jpg

LL Cool J’s 1995 album “Mr. Smith” is hardly ever mentioned amongst the veteran’s greatest moments on wax and when it first dropped it was met with some mixed critic. Without a doubt this was, at the time, the softest, most laid-back long-player Mr. Smith had dropped yet and while he always had a few joints dedicated to his love for the opposite sex this was an album that had smooth tracks like that as the major part. This was one of the main reason long-time fans didn’t go crazy about it at the time and is, at the same time, one of the reasons why I hold this album in such a high regard.

JCg14IKXmE0

It’s not a classic LP in the sense that every song is a perfect 5/5 track, but for the most part it has a distinctive sound that I would say is timeless and it’s center-pieces are among the greatest joints ever created in their respective sub-genres (“Hey Lover”; “Doin’ It”; “I Shot Ya Remix”). The sound of “Mr. Smith” is chilled out, mellow and laid-back with a strong R&B influence but when inserted with knocking drums, pounding bass-lines and smooth vocals from one of hip-hop’s greatest there is no doubt that it is a hip-hop album you’re listening to. To me it’s thee perfect album to put on when you’re with a girl/your girl just chilling at home because it’s great music to both have sex or make love to.
Matter of fact this is probably my most tried and tested “sex album” - at least in the hip-hop department – and this instantly makes it dope. Just last week I had a girl who slept over at my apartment from Friday night to Sunday afternoon and we had never met before in real life. After dinner, and a few hours of just talking and the occasional kiss I felt it was time. Dim the lights, a few candles and put on the “Mr. Smith” album in my system. It’s so perfectly built up because the whole album is smooth but there are a few songs (that’s still kind of mellow) prior before getting to the real “hot” love songs, which are perfect because it isn’t becoming obvious you’re putting on some slow-ass love songs to seduce her LOL.

At the time “Hey Lover” came on we we’re in bed, kissing and holding each other. To me “Hey Lover” (which features Boyz II Men) is probably the greatest hip-hop love ballad of all time; the Trackmasters production is so soothing and the Red Temperton original perfectly conveys into a slow-groovin’ hip-hop/R&B jam. LL spits an interesting story about his feeling for this girl who already got a man, if you’ve ever been in love you can definitely relate to this and Boyz II Men kills it with the hook. One of the most brilliant things about the album is that this joint is directly followed up by “Doin’ It”, a real sex anthem that’s classic in every sense of the word. LL trades sexy bars with LeShaun (did y’all know that’s Ludacris sister?) about fucking slow, fast, sweaty, good, hot, etc. This song is straight up incredible to fuck to, everything from Rashad Smith’s knocking production (which works both in bed and in a club) to the conversation between the man and his woman and I love how it has the girl moaning hard and sexy in the background. Might be the sexiest record ever made as far as hip-hop music goes – straight up erotic hip-hop haha.

Um99r6sgspY&ob=av2eO53yqG0KgmQ

The two joints that follows is a little harder, the first is Easy Mo Bee’s thumping “Life As…”, great track which proves that Easy Mo Bee and LL Cool J should have worked a lot more back in these days (other case in point – “Flava In Ya Ear Remix”). Next up is “I Shot Ya” which should be recognized by any hip-hop head in the building, this is the “Mama Said Knock You Out” or “How I’m Coming” track off the album – the most hardcore song on the LP with LL just demolishing sucker MC’s over an incredible Trackmasters production. This is another one of the centerpieces of the album and although I’m praising the smoothness of the album this is one of the best tracks on the LP while being as far from smooth you could possibly get. It’s good that the sound switches a little right here in the middle though, LL needs to have at least one of these type of songs on each album (preferably more) – this is how hardcore hip-hop is supposed to sound!

“No Airplay” is another favorite of mine, vintage ‘90s swinging hip-hop beats with Cool J getting out of his elements to do a so nasty song as possible, the more curses the better. It’s a concept record where LL makes the point that he can spit HARD shit, curses or not, this time going the opposite route from what we’re used to. Only problem is that the shit is censored on all versions of the album which kinda defeats the purpose - still a slamming song nonetheless (matter of fact the youtube clip i just found seems to be unedited; if anyone got a good mp3 of this please hook me UP!).

eajKNntTppc

“Hollis to Hollywood” is another concept track where LL displays some of his vintage battling skills while incorporating metaphors with titles of famous movies at the time to keep it moving. Sort of what GZA did on “Labels” or LL himself did on “Pink Cookies…”. The production here is another highlight, Trackmasters is responsible for the groove (as they are for a lot of the album) and although I can’t place what they sampled I have heard it used in many other hip-hop tracks over the years. The KRS-One cuts is just the icing on the cake and the “Hollis to Hollywood” reminds me off Run DMC (who’s also from Hollis). Just as displayed on track #3, the beautiful homage to hip-hop as music and as a culture, things like this proves that LL’s heart is and hopefully always will be in hip-hop.

“God Bless Ya” is another Rashad Smith banger with a dope vocal sample and LL slaying the mic and “Get Da Drop On ‘Em” follows the same formula but the real treat comes in the form of the last song, “I Shot Ya Remix”. After a cinematic prelude the recognizable keys is heard and the the impeccable beat kicks in, putting a smile on anyone’s face who consider themselves a fan of ‘90s East Coast boom bap. The production is the exact same as track #7 but both versions are so good they definitely deserve to be on the same album – in fact this is one of the hardest posse cuts ever recorded in my opinion. It’s great to see LL giving a hand to the younger generation, considering “Mr. Smith” dropped exactly 10 years after his debut. Keith Murray, Foxy Brown, Fat Joe and Prodigy is invited to wreck the track and also provides a chance for Cool J to show that he can still hang with (some of) the greatest of 1995. It’s not easy to pick out a “winner” here because they all straight kill it. Prodigy and Fat Joe have some of their illest verses of all time which is saying a whole damn a lot (especially about P) and LL Cool J is really on fire as well cuz he know he really has to come correct. It’s between LL and P for me but damn that’s a tough choice. What y’all think?
8F-BFl4CAMI

By conclusion the album is not at all perfect, the first half has absolutely no filler, just straight up amazing tracks but a few songs on the other half, while maybe not qualifying as filler, is not up to the same high standard. However may be I hold this as a personal classic for several reasons, one thing being that it flows together perfectly, it has great production that is very reflective of the time it was recorded in (1995) and has a nice balance between hardcore and commercial tracks. As I stated previously it’s also an extremely good record to throw on when you’re with your girl, whether it be background music for sex or just letting it play while you’re holding each other and kissing and all that good shit – this is the best hip-hop album I’ve heard in that department and while so much of LL’s later output comes off as corny and sleazy the cross-over attempts here suits him (and me as the listener) just fine. This, of course, also has a lot to do with that the mid-‘90s had a much, much better and more authentic commercial sound than we had and still have on this side of the millennium. The center pieces off the “Mr. Smith” album are “Hey Lover”, “Doin’ It” and the “I Shot Ya” remix and as I said these are all 5/5 songs and among the best in their respective subgenres (hip-hop love ballad, sex anthem for the club/bed and posse cut). These are also the 3 records that best represent what can be found on this disc and while not much live up to the extreme high standard of those, most of it is very good and there is really no track I would consider a filler song. So with a big NO HOMO I’ma close by saying that this might be the sexiest hip-hop album of all time and one of LL Cool J’s finest work.

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Mr Smith album is alright. I think he could've had some harder songs but there's a few joints on there i like. Leshaun who raps with him on Doin It song isn't Ludacris sister LOL. You got her confused with the girl Shawnna who raps in his Disturbing The Peace group. Leshaun is cute and hot. I haven't seen any recent pictures of her and i would like to see some. She rapped on Coolio's Mama I'm In Love With A Gangsta song that's on his first album It Takes A Thief. She also rapped on another LL song called Nobody Can Freak You on his wack Phenomenon album. LL should've had her in Doin It video. He said she was pregnant at the time he did the video and that's why he didn't put her in it and she was upset about that. That's why she filed a lawsuit against him and when he was on tour doing the song, she was mad that she didn't perform with him because of her pregnancy. I don't know if she won her lawsuit.

No Airplay song on Mr Smith is funny because of the cuss words that get edited. I was wondering why the cuss words were edited. Thanks for putting the unedited version of No Airplay on here Claaa7. I wish he would've had Loungin video version on the album because the album version sucks. Why did he have another version of I Shot Ya by himself? He should've just had the remix on there and not another version by himself. The remix is better than the one by himself. I like the Mr Smith album pictures.

MaskedAvenger
10-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah this album was the first LL album i coped when it dropped (and the last), definitely slept on.

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Mr Smith was the last album you bought by him? LOL. You need to check out The GOAT album. I think you'll like it. That's his last good album.

Thworldisyours
10-17-2010, 04:05 AM
Yeah, coincidentally over the past summer I was playin a lot of LL and Mr. Smith was in heavy rotation...

The album is flawed and a lot of the tracks that got left on the cutting room floor were better than some of the ones that did but it's still a good album...

Probably his last REALLY good, concise album...

Inspektah Meth-Tical
10-17-2010, 04:18 AM
I Shot Ya is a dope fucking posse cut.

serioussam
10-19-2010, 06:33 AM
This album is the shit, something that you could bump everywhere (in car, when you chilling, summertime...) CLASSIC no doubt !!!!!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-19-2010, 10:11 AM
shit is a dope ass album dunno bout it being a classic though

beautifulrock
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I do, it's def a classic.

Frank Sobotka
10-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I've listened to 4 ll albums but haven't been able to seriously get into any of them.
And only like 3 tracks total I've had into rotation.

OPTIMUS
10-19-2010, 02:20 PM
its his best album, its nowhere near my top 20 tho hes always been hard to like for me its also the only LL album i own.

claaa7
10-19-2010, 02:29 PM
"Mama Said Knock You Out" is his best album for me, plus the title track from there is one of my all-time favorite songs as well.

War and Peace
10-20-2010, 09:17 PM
thanks for refreshing my memory on this album c7

how do I not have this in my collection?!?

great thread!
peace-

djskillz
10-20-2010, 09:31 PM
LL is the shit but I've never really been a fan of his albums. Don't get me wrong, there are bangers on alot of his older work but he's never been an artist that I can bump an album from front to back.

OPTIMUS
10-21-2010, 10:00 AM
"Mama Said Knock You Out" is his best album for me, plus the title track from there is one of my all-time favorite songs as well.

thats my fav LL song, always think of the NBA tape of highlights with that song and Dont Sweat the Technique

CharlesJones
10-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Claaa7, i can't believe you said Mama Said Knock You Out is his best album. That album is very good but what about Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther? Those albums are hard too.

triPAUD
10-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Mr Smith was the last album you bought by him? LOL. You need to check out The GOAT album. I think you'll like it. That's his last good album.

Yeah so far GOAT is only album i've got from him so far, and one of the first hip hop albums i got, period. While i liked it when i first got it, i kinda grew away from it as i started listening to other shit. i've seen a couple people posting about it recently all over the place in the last year and went back to it. Now that i went back I found it to be dope, although everything after seems like it was shit.

I think this is really his last album (everything else is just to fulfill his obligations as 10 was called 10 and 13th called exit 13), seeing as he named it GOAT, even the album itself reminds me kinda of the Black Album, but not so focused on his departure.

claaa7
10-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Claaa7, i can't believe you said Mama Said Knock You Out is his best album. That album is very good but what about Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther? Those albums are hard too.

yeah i like all those albums too, especially "Radio" and "B.A.D." are classics and "Walking..." isn't on the same level but still it has alot of banging tracks. "Moma Said Knock You Out" was the best out of the whole bunch for me. not a single bad track, beats on point, lyrics on point, classic early '90s, 1989 Def Jam sound. LL Cool J + Marley Marl was an incredible combo.

claaa7
10-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Yeah so far GOAT is only album i've got from him so far, and one of the first hip hop albums i got, period. While i liked it when i first got it, i kinda grew away from it as i started listening to other shit. i've seen a couple people posting about it recently all over the place in the last year and went back to it. Now that i went back I found it to be dope, although everything after seems like it was shit.

I think this is really his last album (everything else is just to fulfill his obligations as 10 was called 10 and 13th called exit 13), seeing as he named it GOAT, even the album itself reminds me kinda of the Black Album, but not so focused on his departure.

you should definitely start collecting LL's discography from 1985 to 2000, one of the illest discogs in the industry - the prince of hip-hop as KRS dubbed him. one of the most versatile MC's who ever put out wax, he set the whole blueprint for guys like Biggie, Big Pun, etc and a whole lot of jack ass todays that you can be a hardcore rapper that still gets a lot of female fans and pull off a nice balance act.

"Radio", "Bigger & Deffer" and "Walking With A Panther" should be in collection if you like '80s hip-hop, i now some have trouble getting into that but other than you NEED "Mama Said Knock You Out" and part II of that: "14 Shots to the Dome". Pick up "Mr. Smith" while you're at it cuz it's incredible based on what i wrote in the first post amongst other things and you already got "G.O.A.T." so that's dope.

the only LP from that era that you shouldn't pick up unless you find it veyr, very cheap is "Phenomenon" (if not for the music, then for collection purposes). it has a few dope songs but most of it are weak. everything between 2000 and 2007 has been WEAK but to me "Exit 13" was a good album, not great but definitely good.

angry!
10-24-2010, 07:29 AM
its funny... ll been around so long everyone got a different take!!!!!!!!!

to 30 plus year olds, LL still a fuckin ANIMAL for his early work alone...

to 20 plus... he had some joints, but they think he wass soft... AND HE LOST TO CANIBUS!!!!!!!!!

under 20... hes the nigga that stabbed a shark in the eye in that sam jackson flick!!!!!!!!!!!

LL is one of the GOAT... LL first 10 years in the game, he was the best rapper alive...

live show - the best
clarity on wax - the best
catalog - the best
versatility - a to z
BATTLE... NOBODY could serve a prime LL.. NOBODY

plus he could deliver the big record time after time... every emcee in the game was envious, LL had impossible balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LL was already considered a shell of himself when he answered canibus... he shit on bis, bis and LL both scarred eachother, both walking around with chunks of their body missin from that battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr. smith was an incredible record... the sonics were right, LL was catering to every audience in existence, and SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!!!! he had the lover joints, the get up and bust joints, the battle cry, the storytellin flip... bomb hooks, chunky beats, SIGNATURE LL clarity and breath control... fuck it its a classic in my book!!!!!!!!!

RADIO is the one for me though... takes me back like a time machine everytime i reach for it... thats my favorite LL album, and one of my favorite albums period!!!!!!!!!!

theres maybe 2 emcees in all of music that have been able to match/get close to LL's clarity...

INSPECTAH DECK AND BIG L... L STILL has the clarity/signature pockets in tact...

LL might get on a beat 2marrow and change time... still shatter your live show... hes a sleeping giant, i wanna see uncle L drop one more BANGER before its time!!!!!!!!!!

triPAUD
10-24-2010, 12:39 PM
you should definitely start collecting LL's discography from 1985 to 2000, one of the illest discogs in the industry - the prince of hip-hop as KRS dubbed him. one of the most versatile MC's who ever put out wax, he set the whole blueprint for guys like Biggie, Big Pun, etc and a whole lot of jack ass todays that you can be a hardcore rapper that still gets a lot of female fans and pull off a nice balance act.

"Radio", "Bigger & Deffer" and "Walking With A Panther" should be in collection if you like '80s hip-hop, i now some have trouble getting into that but other than you NEED "Mama Said Knock You Out" and part II of that: "14 Shots to the Dome". Pick up "Mr. Smith" while you're at it cuz it's incredible based on what i wrote in the first post amongst other things and you already got "G.O.A.T." so that's dope.

the only LP from that era that you shouldn't pick up unless you find it veyr, very cheap is "Phenomenon" (if not for the music, then for collection purposes). it has a few dope songs but most of it are weak. everything between 2000 and 2007 has been WEAK but to me "Exit 13" was a good album, not great but definitely good.

Tru tru, eventually I want to grab those. Mama said knock you out is one of my favourite tracks, and what i've heard from his earlier shit like rock the bells and radio so far are dope.

djskillz
10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
radio is ill. i find myself quoting rock the bells at random lol. LL Cool J is hard as hell, battle anybody I don't care who you tell, I excel, they all fail, I'm gonna crack shells, double L must rock the BELLS!!!!

TAURO
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
People are too harsh on Phenomenon, while I agree that it is weaker than some of his earlier music it is still a solid album and far more consistent than even some of the wu's most recent efforts.

TAURO
10-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Gotta add that Hey Lover is one of the best examples of a hip hop and R&B collaboration done right.

beautifulrock
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
I think once he started solely catering his shit toward women, especially with him licking his lips and taking his shirt off all the time, it's hard for dudes to get into his shit. No pun intended.

claaa7
10-25-2010, 04:20 AM
People are too harsh on Phenomenon, while I agree that it is weaker than some of his earlier music it is still a solid album and far more consistent than even some of the wu's most recent efforts.

it's kinda like Nas "Nastradamus", it's waaay below his standard especially at this time but it got a few bangers on there, no doubt. i ain't got it but if i found it cheap i would pick it up, mostly for collection purpouses tho.

I think once he started solely catering his shit toward women, especially with him licking his lips and taking his shirt off all the time, it's hard for dudes to get into his shit. No pun intended.

very valid point, after "G.O.A.T." he started exclusively cater to the females while on previous joints he had a good mixture for the hardcore heads and a lot of things that was easy to relate to. but on the other hand he's always striving to have music that's easy to sell and the mainstream music past 2000 (especially the R&B hip-hop) is so much more horrible than that in the '90s and '80s. flashing with his shirt off and licking his lips has he done since at least 1987 - just check the covers to 1987's "I'm Bad" VLS and one of his illest albums "Mama Said Knock You Out" from 1990:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/I%27m_Bad.jpg

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/l/ll-cool-j/album-mama-said-knock-you-out.jpg

i'm glad he stepped his MC game up big time on "Exit 13" tho, it's far from perfect but at least half the record is really dope. songs like "You better Watch Me", "It's Time For War", "Dear Hip-Hop" and "Old School, New School", etc. and this promo freestyle produced by Marley Marl should definitely have been included on the album (i included it before "You better..." on my iPod along with the international bonus tracks and cut out some of the bullshit tracks like "Baby 1" and "Baby 2", etc and the album became much more solid):

nlBrgJ1tNjI

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 10:54 AM
LOL@his Todd Smith album cover hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe he did a corny song with Jennifer Lopez on there as his first single. I remember seeing the video and i was like what the fuck is this. That album seems like it's a r&b album because he has some features from r&b singers like Ginuwine and i think Ne-Yo might be on there. I saw the album at the library and i decided to pass on it. Claaa7, i disagree with you about Walking With A Panther. That album is the shit and it's better than Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Mama Said Knock You Out to me. If he would've left off the 3 love songs on Walking With A Panther and did some hardcore joints to replace those songs, that album would've been even better. I'm mad that the bonus tracks Crime Stories and Jack The Ripper aren't on the cd. They're on the tape. Tripaud, don't even waste your time listening to Phenomenon album. That album is gay and so is the album cover LOL. 4,3,2,1 is the best song on there.

claaa7
10-30-2010, 12:13 PM
^ i've been re-visiting "Walking With A Panther" alot recently actually and i agree that it's a dope album. there's alot of great songs on there ("Dropping Them", "Smoking & Doping", "Fast Peg", "Nitro", "Why Do You Think They Call It Dope", "Going Back to Cali", "It Gets No Rougher", "Jealousy", "Jingling Baby" (tho the Marley remix is superior), "Def Jam in the Motherland", "Change Your Ways") and even most of the other songs are good. so it's definitely a way better album than most people make it out to be, but it's simply a little too long and has a few weaker tracks unlike "Radio" and "Mama Said..." which are perfection. just like you i'm mad how the hell he didn't realize he deleted some of the albums best material when he left off "Jack The Ripper" and "Crime Stories" when he made them bonus tracks for cassette only. the reason is as i stated that the album is so damn long that the only format they would fit is cassette or 2xLP - but he could've made some of the wack tracks bonus tracks in that case.

it clearly isn't better than "Radio" or "Mama Said Knock You Out" tho, i strongly disagree - those albums are masterpieces. besides "The DEFinition" and "Exit 13" i haven't checked out any LL albums since "The GOAT" either but no matter how much bullshit he puts out if it's so til' the end of time he will always be a legend and once one of the best and most ground-breaking MC's there ever was.

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Well i guess we disagree about which album is his best LOL. That's cool. LOL@The Definition album cover showing him looking hard wearing a hoodie sweatshirt and i bet the songs on there are gay hahahahahahaha. I remember when i first heard his first single Headsprung from that album, i wasn't liking that song. Timbaland produced Headsprung. He even talked about maybe doing a album with producer Timbaland and he was gonna have Timbaland do all the beats. I'm glad that album didn't come out LOL. Timbaland is a overrated producer. He does mostly r&b songs. He's produced some rap songs but i'm not on his dick like some people.

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Props to LL for Walking With A Panther album cover and the album picture inside showing 3 women standing behind him with champagne bottles and LL is shown holding a phone. You could tell he was living large LOL. One of the women standing behind him is model Veronica Webb. She's hot. She was his wife in In Too Deep movie with Omar Epps, Nia Long, Pam Grier, Shyheim, Sticky Fingaz, Nas(he had a small part as a drug dealer). LL was ruthless in In Too Deep. I think that's his best movie. Have you seen it Claaa7? The soundtrack is pretty good and it has Mobb Deep, Capone and Noreaga and The Lox collabo song, Trick Daddy, Ali Vegas, 2 songs from 50 Cent, R Kelly, Method Man and Redman(Tear Da Roof Off song is on here which is also on their Blackout album). I wanna get that mixtape LL did last year. I think it's called Return Of The GOAT. Have you heard it Claaa7? If you have, is it any good?

claaa7
10-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Well i guess we disagree about which album is his best LOL. That's cool. LOL@The Definition album cover showing him looking hard wearing a hoodie sweatshirt and i bet the songs on there are gay hahahahahahaha. I remember when i first heard his first single Headsprung from that album, i wasn't liking that song. Timbaland produced Headsprung. He even talked about maybe doing a album with producer Timbaland and he was gonna have Timbaland do all the beats. I'm glad that album didn't come out LOL. Timbaland is a overrated producer. He does mostly r&b songs. He's produced some rap songs but i'm not on his dick like some people.

haha true, that's all good. music would suck if everyone shared the same opinion for real. LOL actually i bought "The DEFinition" cuz i found it for a really cheap price, have barely ever listened to it but i like "Headsprung" tho. i mean it's not a song i would bang at home more than once a year but it's a great club track and it proved to the world that LL could still be relevant to the mainstream 20 years after his breakthrough platinum album. in fact the album you're talking about that Timbaland was supposed to produce IS "The DEFinition" - i think the album has 11 tracks and Timbaland has done about 7 of them i think. the others are from other South producers like N.O. Joe, 7 Aurelius and then one by R.Kelly and Teddy Riley (LOL). The last song on the album is the only gritty new York hardcore song and is produced by Dame Grease - it's called "11 in the Morning". check it on youtube, i think you'll like it.

Props to LL for Walking With A Panther album cover and the album picture inside showing 3 women standing behind him with champagne bottles and LL is shown holding a phone. You could tell he was living large LOL. One of the women standing behind him is model Veronica Webb. She's hot. She was his wife in In Too Deep movie with Omar Epps, Nia Long, Pam Grier, Shyheim, Sticky Fingaz, Nas(he had a small part as a drug dealer). LL was ruthless in In Too Deep. I think that's his best movie. Have you seen it Claaa7? The soundtrack is pretty good and it has Mobb Deep, Capone and Noreaga and The Lox collabo song, Trick Daddy, Ali Vegas, 2 songs from 50 Cent, R Kelly, Method Man and Redman(Tear Da Roof Off song is on here which is also on their Blackout album). I wanna get that mixtape LL did last year. I think it's called Return Of The GOAT. Have you heard it Claaa7? If you have, is it any good?

you seem to know alot about those things, aren't one of the girls on the back of "Walking With A Panther" the same girl as is getting with LL in the "Boomin' System" and "Pink Cookies..." video. was that his wiz for real at that point? i've seen "In too Deep" but it was years ago but i have only heard a few songs off the soundtrack which are dope (such as the Mobb Deep and Nas/Nature joint, etc). the movie is pretty nice, LL is actually the best rapper turned actor imo. much better than Ja Rule (LOL), DMX, Nas (LOL), Method Man & Redman (LOL), etc. Ice-T's pretty good too and Ice Cube is decent but it fucking bugs me out when rappers trying to go all hollywood. stick to rapping motherfuckers haha.

yeah i heard "Return Of The GOAT" when it came out, it's with DJ Kay Slay and i remember it had some bangers but i can't remember if i was really feeling it or if i thought it was just aight. i'ma have to check again... i know he's rapping over a lot of other beats that were popular at the time (this was in 2009) but there's a few original joints too that's dope. i'ma get back to you on that one.

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 03:26 PM
LOL@what you said about rappers doing movies hahahahahahahahahaha. I guess the reason rappers do movies is because they know they can't rap forever and they have to get money doing something else. Doing movies is quick money for them and they can play characters that are just like them which isn't hard to do LOL. I don't know if one of the girls in Walking With A Panther album picture has been in some of LL's videos. I think Ice Cube is the best rapper/actor. LL has done several wack movies. Like i said, In Too Deep is his best movie to me. He plays on NCIS Los Angeles tv show now. I can't believe i saw his Last Holiday movie with Queen Latifah. That shit is boring LOL. I liked his In The House tv show. You should check out a movie he did called Out Of Sync and it's directed by Debbie Allen who played on In The House with him. I read that hot black actress Maia Campbell who was on In The House has fallen on hard times. She's gotten in trouble several times with the law and she got busted for prostitution last year hahahahahahahahahaha. I wish i could pay her to fuck her hahahahahahahahahaha. You're right about Nas movies. He's only done a couple. He did one with Steven Seagal called Ticker and that sucks. He got killed near the beginning hahahahahahahahaha.

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 03:28 PM
It's funny those rappers you mentioned that have done movies. Queen Latifah has done several wack movies too LOL. She's a good rapper even though most of her songs are wack LOL. She's done a few hard songs like Elements I'm Among from Sunset Park soundtrack, Name Callin from Set It Off soundtrack, Jersey from New Jersey Drive soundtrack, Black Hand Side, Just Another Day.