PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry's For Colored Girls

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 01:22 PM
This comes out November 5th and it looks alright from what i saw. This is his first rated R movie. Janet Jackson, Kerry Washington, Whoopi Goldberg, Omari Hardwick of Dark Blue tv show, Linewatch movie with Cuba Gooding Jr and Next Day Air movie is in this.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-16-2010, 04:42 PM
The movie is called 'For Colored Girls'?
(Exasperated sigh. Facepalm.)

CharlesJones
10-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah that's the movie title LOL. I bet Tyler is gonna get some criticism from blacks about the word colored LOL.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
^well, it's not his title.

The movie is based on Ntozake Shange's play "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf." Unlike the original play which featured only 7 women known by colors performing the collection of 20 poems, the movie has given each of the 20 characters names. Each of the poems deal with intense issues that particularly impact women in a thought-provoking commentary on what it means to be a female of color in the world.

sounds like a winner.

Undiluted Karma
10-16-2010, 06:58 PM
This comes out November 5th and it looks alright from what i saw. This is his first rated R movie. Janet Jackson, Kerry Washington, Whoopi Goldberg, Omari Hardwick of Dark Blue tv show, Linewatch movie with Cuba Gooding Jr and Next Day Air movie is in this.

Dark Blue is a great show, not amazing no solid storyline but good for what it is.

Omari Hardwick looks loads like Joe Budden lol

theheavens
10-16-2010, 07:37 PM
not this Uncle Tom again

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-17-2010, 11:46 AM
exactly,i really cannot stand this guy,whats this again? Another novie depicting a bad dark skinned black man? And a light skinned dude coming to save the ohh so poor tired innocent black woman from we dispicable black men? Fuck this dude for real

Uncle Steezo
10-17-2010, 12:00 PM
the book was good.
tyler will ruin it.

LORD ZERO
10-18-2010, 01:55 AM
not this Uncle Tom again

^that

Mr. R&B
10-18-2010, 03:09 AM
^^^^ Is that directed at Tyler Perry or CJ?

check two
10-22-2010, 06:24 PM
This sounds like it might be a loud movie. Though, the important question.. Is Lou Gossett Jr. going to be in it?

CharlesJones
10-23-2010, 11:48 AM
LOL@Graveyard Shifter hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Kimberly Elise is also in this and she was in Tyler's Diary Of A Mad Black Woman movie. She always plays a angry character LOL. She's a good actress though. I first saw her in Set It Off movie with Queen Latifah, Vivica Fox, Jada Pinkett. Undiluted Karma, Dark Blue tv show is good and i'm surprised not that many people on here watch it. I posted a topic about it awhile ago and i didn't get any responses. Omari is a good actor. You should check him out in Linewatch movie with Cuba Gooding Jr. He was a bad guy in that.

Dokuro
10-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Tyler parry should not be on this forum he has lost his man card and ahas been rebuked from any man culture and since Meth help vote him out you have violated a man law and in accordance to this CharlesJones i will have to take your man card away i apologize

Queen Of Poetry
10-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

check two
10-23-2010, 07:02 PM
^^

Oh no she didn't.

Queen Of Poetry
10-23-2010, 07:50 PM
^^ hush ur mouth!

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna see it next weekend.

CharlesJones
10-30-2010, 12:14 PM
I wish Tyler would put that fine ass black woman in his movies that plays on his House Of Payne tv show as Allen Payne's wife Janine. I don't know her real name but she's hot.

DUMBO
10-31-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm not going to see this steaming pile of crap but me and my bredren are going to the theatre on opening night to chop girls. There will be a lot of single girls at this event.

IrOnMaN
11-05-2010, 11:38 AM
For Colored Girls (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20438884,00.html)

Reviewed by Lisa Schwarzbaum (http://search.ew.com/EWSearch/ew/search/search.html?type=ew:Lisa+Schwarzbaum;) | Nov 03, 2010

My admiration for Tyler Perry's phenomenal and influential showmanship is undimmed, but facts are facts: The craft of filmmaking is not his strong suit. Perry's movies tend to lurch from scene to scene; the visual composition is characteristically sloppy; and the storytelling, shaped by Perry's early successes with road-show theatrical productions, is maddeningly choppy and artificially inflated by overheated dialogue.
And yet the approach works for the man at least when he's making a Tyler Perry Movie. For Colored Girls, however, is definitely not a Tyler Perry Movie, at least not by origin: It's the first film adaptation of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf. A blazing choreo-poetic-theatrical creation by the New Jersey-born poet Ntozake Shange, Colored Girls rocked the American stage in the 1970s. Nearly four decades later, Perry has taken Shange's feminist word-and-movement portraits of disenfranchised African-American women and turned those howls into...a maddeningly choppy mess of a Tyler Perry movie. Here, women (crossing paths in a faux run-down, stage-set Harlem apartment building) are in trouble or wronged or hurting, yet by God they're strong. The female cast is great, with especially fierce performances from Loretta Devine, Kimberly Elise, Phylicia Rashad, and Anika Noni Rose. But stuck in a flailing production that might just as well invite Perry's signature drag creation Madea to the block party, the actors' earnest work isn't enuf. C-

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20438884,00.html?cnn=yes

Damn!

food for thought
11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
^lol

tyler perry is a fucking idiot he should stop making his "movies" immediately.

Queen Of Poetry
11-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I think every black man should go and see this movie..........see if y'all get anything out of it.

Just sayin.

Dokuro
11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I think every black man should go and see this movie..........see if y'all get anything out of it.

Just sayin.

ya sure learn to hate are selves as if the society doesn't promote that itself

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-05-2010, 09:01 PM
haha exactly,he teaches people to either hate dark skinned black men or hate the whole race as a whole,if I had a daughter,id never ever let her watch any of his movies,i don't want any of my seeds thinking every dark skinned black man is a bum that doesn't work and beats women,fuck that faggot

food for thought
11-06-2010, 02:01 AM
word up, this dude is a fuckin joke.

qop, what do you think the movie would teach us black men?

Queen Of Poetry
11-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Why black women r the way they r. U know that shit that black men complain about and don't date us b/c of it. Understanding that black women r beaten by our men (not just physically). Dog u out. After jails, drugs and drive bys we still here trying and getting shitted on.

Maybe y'all will have compassion instead of complaints.

CharlesJones
11-06-2010, 10:53 AM
LOL@Graveyard Shifter hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I read a review about the movie and the movie critic said that the black men in For Colored Girls aren't good men. I think Tyler needs to look at the situation in black relationships from a black man's perspective instead of always making black women in his movies be the victims. Black women a lot of times do shit that pisses off black men and that's why a lot of them get dissed, beat up and sometimes killed by black men. Now i'm not saying that black men don't deserve to get dissed by black women because there's a lot of bad black men and the bad black men make it bad for the black men that's doing good.

For example in Tyler's Daddy's Little Girls movie with Gabrielle Union and Idris Elba. Idris was a hard working black man who was a car mechanic and he was raising 3 daughters by himself since his baby's momma was ghetto, didn't have a job and her man was a drug dealer. Just because Idris lived in the ghetto, Gabrielle assumed that he was a loser. Idris also was driving a limo part time because Lou Gossett Jr who he worked for at the car repair shop needed a favor from him. Now how many black men you think who are in the hood would work 2 jobs? Not many LOL. Plus Gabrielle was acting stuck up because she's a lawyer and she lives in the suburbs which is typical for blacks who are doing well financially. Bougie blacks tend to look down on ghetto blacks. So therefore the stereotype that all black men in the hood are bums and criminals needs to be put to rest because Idris character was a example that there are some good black men in the hood but unfortunately they can't move outta the hood because of their financial situation. Watching that movie changed my opinion that there are some good black men in the hood. Gabrielle ended up falling in love with Idris when she saw that he was a good black man and he was taking care of his kids. I'm gonna see For Colored Girls today.

LORD NOSE
11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Why black women r the way they r. U know that shit that black men complain about and don't date us b/c of it. Understanding that black women r beaten by our men (not just physically). Dog u out. After jails, drugs and drive bys we still here trying and getting shitted on.

the black woman is innocent ?

LORD NOSE
11-06-2010, 11:04 AM
dissing dark skin black men and putting on womens cloths is how tyler maintains his position in hollywood - you have to advertise and promote guns,lying,murder,cigarettes,pepsi, and macdonalds in order to stay on top

food for thought
11-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Ciwhh3fB6vE

for those that missed it

food for thought
11-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Just sayin.

qop, bump this (all the way through)

XDhhSjRbwe4

and recognize that every black man is not the same.

we been doing the knowledge.

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-06-2010, 11:49 AM

because black women are inherently different from other women or something?

no offense, but the only girls i ever hear bitch about 'black men this n that bla bla bla' are the ones who didn't go to college and fuck with knuckleheads...maybe there's something wrong with them and their choices in men. people have got to stop blaming everyone else for their fucked up lives.

tyler perry makes money off of ignorant people, he regurgitates stereotypes, cliches, and catchphrases, and black people with no sense eat it up because mainstream american cinema ignores them otherwise. end of story.

and he's a horrible filmmaker.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-06-2010, 11:54 AM
hahahaha, this is classic shit right heeya

CharlesJones
11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
LOL@Pandemic and Food For Thought hahahahahahahahahahaha. Ya'll speaking the truth about black women. Pandemic, don't think that black women who go to college don't bitch about black men too. Black women for some reason need to stop blaming black men and check themselves and see that they keep picking bad black men. Every black man isn't the same. I'm a good black man. How come is it that i don't have a black woman? Black women don't want me because i don't have a expensive nice car and i'm not a drug dealer, NBA athlete, NFL athlete, rapper, businessman. All black women think about when it comes to picking black men is money LOL. They want a black man who's gonna spend money on them and give them money LOL. That's all they think about. Then they talk dumb shit talking about ain't no good black men LOL. I'm glad a black guy movie director did Diary Of A Tired Black Man so black men can show from their perspective that they're tired of black women because black men get tired of seeing black movies about black women bitching about black men ain't no good.

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-06-2010, 01:09 PM
^I know there are still educated girls that bitch, but the most vehement bitching I tend to hear is from semi-illiterate hoodrats who only seem interested in assholes balling out of control.

But yeah, it gets pretty annoying when black women paint every black man with the same brush. If a white person does that, it's racist, right? So what is it when a black women does it?

No matter who you are, if you seem to keep having the same relationship problems repeatedly, you need to look in the fucking mirror and stop blaming it on an entire group of people, who are actually incredibly diverse if you pull your head out of your ass.

CharlesJones
11-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Pandemic speaking the truth. Preach on my brother LOL. School these black women and let them know what's up. It does seem that the retarded ghetto black women are only interested in bad black men but yet they continue to bitch about black men ain't no good LOL. Stuck up, cute black women are the same way too. I was just watching hot black actress Lauren London on Youtube talking about dating. She said she doesn't date a lot because she's young and she doesn't like being at a restaurant sitting across from a guy and he's asking her questions about herself. What's wrong with that? I thought a guy was supposed to ask a girl questions about herself on a date? LOL.

I remember reading a old interview with her in King magazine and she said she likes black men that aren't afraid to go to the hood. So basically when she said that, that made me think she's only interested in thugs. I did read a rumor that she got pregnant by Little Wayne LOL. I don't know if that's true or not but if it is true, that shows me what type of guys she likes. Any hot woman that gets with Little Wayne has to be retarded hahahahahahahahahaha. Karrine Steffans aka Superhead fucked him. I can't believe that shit LOL. But then again Karrine did fuck a lot of guys LOL.

Queen Of Poetry
11-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

No Sunny. Black women r not innocent. But the movie isn't called for colored boys.

I was talking about the movie and my feelings towards it.

Dokuro
11-08-2010, 02:18 AM

nice sterotype

iv never hit a woman
my guns not loaded with those Emo slugs

oh but i do love playing mental games

Dokuro
11-08-2010, 02:25 AM
parry is sexiest and hates men probably because his daddy fucked him in the ass so he takes it out on the entire gender and now thanks to him and Oprah the entire masculine gender is looked upon as vile and disreputable and perpetuate the idea that we are inferior

IrOnMaN
11-08-2010, 11:59 AM
^I know there are still educated girls that bitch, but the most vehement bitching I tend to hear is from semi-illiterate hoodrats who only seem interested in assholes balling out of control.

But yeah, it gets pretty annoying when black women paint every black man with the same brush. If a white person does that, it's racist, right? So what is it when a black women does it?

No matter who you are, if you seem to keep having the same relationship problems repeatedly, you need to look in the fucking mirror and stop blaming it on an entire group of people, who are actually incredibly diverse if you pull your head out of your ass.

You want to know why most black women prefer the stereotypical black male? It's because of what's common. If you ever lived in the ghetto, you wouldn't see to many positive black men. For the most part, all you'll see is the stereotypical black man. I'm referring to the ones who are on the block, the drug dealer, the street thug, the ex-con, bums, etc. That's mainly all you'll observe. There aren't to many "good" black men in the black community, not to say that there aren't any.

In fact, there are but those type of men are viewed by society as weak, homosexual, and useless because they're often intelligent and well-mannered and don't dress like the typical black male. MOST black women wouldn't date or marry black men who fall in that category! That's a fact.

A perfect example would be Queen of Poetry. She has stated several times that she wants a "thug". Now, she constantly complains about how they're no "good" black men available. If you're a black woman searching for a stereotypical black male, do you honestly think that he'll be a "good"? If you believe that a "thug" is your idea of a perfect husband, someone who'll be a good father to your children, then you have to be just a mindless bitch who is 100% shit inside and out. Shut the fuck up and go to hell!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

No Sunny. Black women r not innocent. But the movie isn't called for colored boys.

I was talking about the movie and my feelings towards it.

Says the chick who wants a "thug". Seriously?

[Perry] is sexiest and hates men probably because his daddy fucked him in the ass so he takes it out on the entire gender and now thanks to him and Oprah the entire masculine gender is looked upon as vile and disreputable and perpetuate the idea that we are inferior

America has hated black men since our ancestors arrived here against their freewill. It's not Tyler Perry at all. He's just displaying to the general public regarding African-Americans and our on-going bullshit. Black women are just adding fuel to the fire when it comes to stereotypical black men. Why? Because deep down inside, they LOVE them and that's a damn fact!

food for thought
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
^whoa

arent u being a little harsh towards queen?

lol lets not crucify her

Queen Of Poetry
11-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Y

A perfect example would be Queen of Poetry. She has stated several times that she wants a "thug". Now, she constantly complains about how they're no "good" black men available. If you're a black woman searching for a stereotypical black male, do you honestly think that he'll be a "good"? If you believe that a "thug" is your idea of a perfect husband, someone who'll be a good father to your children, then you have to be just a mindless bitch who is 100% shit inside and out. Shut the fuck up and go to hell!

R u fuckin serious? Yes I have stated that in the past......IN THE PAST!!!!

See this is the problem with our people.....instead of building on a topic they wanna criticize and degrade u.........fuck out here telling me to go to hell!

Did I say that shit to u? Fuck no! I'm simply expressing my feelings and I get that Imma mindless bitch who is 100% shit inside and out. Shut the fuck up and go to hell!

R u serious??????

Queen Of Poetry
11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
^whoa

arent u being a little harsh towards queen?

lol lets not crucify her

Thanks. Man fuck that nigga! Everytime I post something here he come spouting his I'm a black man with a education bullshit and ur a hoodrat bitch........fuck out here!

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
cot damn, tectrus moa is a more pissed of black man than me and charlesjones combined lmao

IrOnMaN
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes I have stated that in the past......IN THE PAST!!!!

You said it less than two weeks ago....and you'll say it again. It's only a matter of time.:)

Queen Of Poetry
11-08-2010, 04:18 PM
^^ no I didn't but it's good to see that u on this "who shot JR" nonsense..........SMH

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
^wow that was a dated reference.

Queen Of Poetry
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
^^ ha

First thing that came to mind.

Mumm Ra
11-08-2010, 06:09 PM
damn its a little hot in here lol

i was waitin in the store the other day though and noticed a review about this in the local paper -
they pretty much called it a disaster

EAGLE EYE
11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
cot damn, tectrus moa is a more pissed of black man than me and charlesjones combined lmao

LMAO - prepare yourself for the rapture of the madd URKEL!

Queen Of Poetry
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
damn its a little hot in here lol

Black folks. We don't know how to communicate with each other.

Mumm Ra
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
nobody does (with anybody)

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-08-2010, 08:40 PM
i think the fact that alot of black people think their communication and relationship problems are somehow special and specific only to black people is really strange and funny.

the only reason actors sign on with tyler perry is because there's barely any work for them anywhere else in mainstream cinema

Dokuro
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
parry is sexiest and hates men probably because his daddy fucked him in the ass so he takes it out on the entire gender and now thanks to him and Oprah the entire masculine gender is looked upon as vile and disreputable and perpetuate the idea that we are inferior

America has hated black men since our ancestors arrived here against their freewill. It's not Tyler Perry at all. He's just displaying to the general public regarding African-Americans and our on-going bullshit. Black women are just adding fuel to the fire when it comes to stereotypical black men. Why? Because deep down inside, they LOVE them and that's a damn fact!

i'm pretty sure i was discussing men as a hole there
but way to bring race back in the argument you raciest pile of donkey spooge

check two
11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'd like to get the viewpoint of the fat white women from the hood also.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
lmao

food for thought
11-09-2010, 03:47 AM
lmao

IrOnMaN
11-09-2010, 12:40 PM
i was waitin in the store the other day though and noticed a review about this in the local paper -
they pretty much called it a disaster

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that Tyler Perry well release another "good" movie that women will flock too.

Black folks. We don't know how to communicate with each other.

Yes, you're an African-American female. Learn how to deal with it.}:|

the only reason actors sign on with tyler perry is because there's barely any work for them anywhere else in mainstream cinema

True yet sad.

i'm pretty sure i was discussing men as a hole there
but way to bring race back in the argument you raciest pile of donkey spooge

Hush! You're nothing more than an online idiot with you're on-going nonsense. You can't debate with me on this subject because you know I'm right.

I'd like to get the viewpoint of the fat white women from the hood also.

Lol. Why do you dislike fat white chicks so much?

Queen Of Poetry
11-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes, you're an African-American female. Learn how to deal with it.}:|

U know what negro......u for real need to lighten up.......it was a joke. I know I'm black. I know I'm a female. I deal with who I am just fine.......

U know instead of concentrating on that one finger u pointing at me, why don't u concentrate at 3 pointing back at u.........

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-09-2010, 05:12 PM
*Popcorn* I munch..

Fatal Guillotine
11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
strong generalization within this brotha movies

Dokuro
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
i'm and idiot? obviously this guy doesn't know that beneath my idiotsy is the most educated person on the corps

i mean seriously i'm 2 years away from having my PHD in Molecular Bioscience
and a masters in anthropology but i'm an idiot

ok i buy it ill back off

goddamn cheeseburger

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
molecular bioscience? Holy shit!!

Dokuro
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
molecular bioscience? Holy shit!!

yah its kind of my thing since my Kid died from SIDs brought on by a genetic mutation of gangliosides accumulate in the nerve cells of the brain.

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-09-2010, 09:59 PM
i'm and idiot? obviously this guy doesn't know that beneath my idiotsy is the most educated person on the corps

ok i buy it ill back off

goddamn cheeseburger

LOL
But your spelling and punctuation are complete shit.
Not buying it...

Dokuro
11-09-2010, 10:03 PM
LOL
But your spelling and punctuation are complete shit.
Not buying it...

then i'm doing a good job

IrOnMaN
11-10-2010, 10:44 AM

ok i buy it ill back off

goddamn cheeseburger

Is that so?}:| If that's true, why do you spend so much time on WTC? Obtaining a masters degree in Anthropology AND a Ph.D in Moleculer Bioscience requires a lot of time and patience. To be honest, pursing both degrees at that level of education for one person is unbelievable.}:|

Pandemic, I love your signature. What comic book is it from?

Dokuro
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Is that so?}:| If that's true, why do you spend so much time on WTC? Obtaining a masters degree in Anthropology AND a Ph.D in Moleculer Bioscience requires a lot of time and patience. To be honest, pursing both degrees at that level of education for one person is unbelievable.}:|

tell me about it

and to be more specific its cultural anthropology
so its a little less work

but lets get back to the subject

check two
11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
The sexual tension between Queen and Ironman in this thread is thick. :beer:

Queen Of Poetry
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
LOL @ sexual tension. More like that feeling u get after eating some bad food.

Dokuro
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
lets put aside all this hate about Parry for a minute

a discuses the fact that this movie will still suck it’s another non original craperpice

BRONZBODY
11-11-2010, 03:55 AM
fuck tyler perry.

fuck him.

"hmmm...how can i set niggas back another 40 years???/ I GOT IT!!!! ill dress in drag, coon for white hollywood and make every movie about a evil dark skinned nigga who leaves his dark skinned wife for a white bitch and have a ligh skinned nigga or a cuban save the dark chicks life thus ruining the dark skinned mans rep in real life"!!!

i think ill call it...."nigga you done did me wrong part 17"!!!!!

fuck that dude man.....

CharlesJones
11-13-2010, 12:43 PM
LOL@Bronzbody hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. LOL@Ironman dissing Queen Of Poetry and other black women hahahahahahahahahaha. Ironman is speaking the truth about black women. They do want ignorant black men that are thugs and they want black men that are rich because all they think about is money. They don't want black guys like myself and Ironman. Black women don't like to hear the truth about themselves but it's ok for them to diss black men all the time LOL. That's why they don't like Diary Of A Tired Black Man movie because they don't wanna hear how black men feel about them. Ya'll need to chill with the Tyler Perry hate. The brother is doing good and i like his movies. I'm happy for any man that is doing good who used to be in his situation. His father physically abused him when he was young and he used to be homeless sleeping in his car.

Pandemic, you need to chill with that bullshit about black actors can't get work in mainstream movies because there's several black actors that have done movies with white people. It's not black actors fault that racist Hollywood won't cast good black actors in white movies. Some black actors that have been in Tyler's movies have been in white movies and white tv shows before like Michael Ealy, Hill Harper, Kerry Washington, Kimberly Elise, Whoopi Goldberg, Thandie Newton, Omari Hardwick, Gabrielle Union, Idris Elba, Lou Gossett Jr, Malik Yoba, Sharon Leal, Shemar Moore, Boris Kodjoe.

CharlesJones
11-13-2010, 12:48 PM
I saw For Colored Girls last week and i like it but Tyler could've cut out the actresses saying poetry. I like that cute black girl who was Thandie Newton's sister and Whoopi Goldberg's daughter. I've never seen her before. I felt so bad for Anika Rose who was raped by Khalil Kain(he played in Juice movie with 2Pac and Omar Epps). I like Anika's smile. Thandie Newton was a slut in the movie hahahahahahahahahaha. She was dealing with a lot of guys. LOL@Macy Gray in the movie hahahahahahahahahaha. How does she continue to get movie roles? She's ugly and she isn't a good actress LOL. I saw Tyler and the black men actors that were in the movie on the cover of Essence magazine yesterday. It's a nice picture.

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Pandemic, you need to chill with that bullshit about black actors can't get work in mainstream movies because there's several black actors that have done movies with white people. It's not black actors fault that racist Hollywood won't cast good black actors in white movies. Some black actors that have been in Tyler's movies have been in white movies and white tv shows before like Michael Ealy, Hill Harper, Kerry Washington, Kimberly Elise, Whoopi Goldberg, Thandie Newton, Omari Hardwick, Gabrielle Union, Idris Elba, Lou Gossett Jr, Malik Yoba, Sharon Leal, Shemar Moore, Boris Kodjoe.
that bolded part is what i was implying.

check two
11-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Lou Gossett Jr. is one of the best actors in the last 100 years. I can't recall one bad movie that he was in, and he always gets the hottest chicks in the movies.

CharlesJones
11-13-2010, 02:36 PM
My favorite Lou Gossett Jr movie is The Principal with James Belushi and Rae Dawn Chong. I got that on dvd. Michael Wright is also in it and he plays a bad guy. He was in The Five Heartbeats movie with Robert Townsend(i love this movie)and Sugar Hill movie with Wesley Snipes. He's a good actor but he's a ugly dude LOL. Check Two, did you know Lou's brother plays on The Closer tv show with Kyra Sedgwick?

CharlesJones
11-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Lou has done a bad movie before which was Firewalker with Chuck Norris LOL. That movie sucks.

IrOnMaN
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd like to apologize for being a black man.

CharlesJones
06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Why you wanna apologize for being black? Because of the way black men treated black women in For Colored Girls? LOL. I didn't like For Colored Girls because it was boring.