PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Fuck Bamboozled is a terrible fucking movie

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
This is the type of movie that puts a directors whole body of work under doubt. What the fuck was Spike thinking with this pile of shit?

The execution of this film was horrendous. Its laughably awful. Its so dumb, poorly shot, acting is atrocious, dialogue and script is dogshit.

I thought Spike would be able to pull a film like this off, but it came out like a middle aged white guy making a film about black racism. I can go into so many points of stupidity and horrendousnes of this movie, but Ill save it.

DUMBO
10-20-2010, 10:30 PM
This is the type of movie that puts a directors whole body of work under doubt. What the fuck was Spike thinking with this pile of shit?

The execution of this film was horrendous. Its laughably awful. Its so dumb, poorly shot, acting is atrocious, dialogue and script is dogshit.

I thought Spike would be able to pull a film like this off, but it came out like a middle aged white guy making a film about black racism. I can go into so many points of stupidity and horrendousnes of this movie, but Ill save it.

I disagree. This was a great film. Great cinematography and nice acting by Damon Wayans.

djskillz
10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
actually for me damon wayans is what made this movie so bad. i was looking forward to watching this for a long time and i was really disappointed because it was so bad.

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2010, 11:26 PM
I disagree. This was a great film. Great cinematography and nice acting by Damon Wayans.
^cosign

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-21-2010, 10:49 PM

I couldn't disagree more.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-22-2010, 12:31 PM
aint seen this yet,never was interested

Art Vandelay
10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
i haven't seen it in a long time, but from what i remember, it wasn't a bad movie except for spike got to learn how to edit. the movie was probably about 30-40 minutes too long. you start getting bored with it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-22-2010, 08:36 PM
It was an embarrasment basically.

Everything about it was like some high school project. I had a hard time taking any of it seriously, the story, the acting, the dialogue lol, shocking, amateurish.

I also found some of the race based dialogue in Do The Right Thing to be cringeworthy and cheesy.

oDoUoSoKo
10-22-2010, 09:16 PM
ya DTRT was always unnerving for me...feel like it almost got it, then at the end didnt...idk..otherwise it was good..think i just disagree with it morally.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-22-2010, 09:51 PM
^put it in context, it was shot in the late 80s after the bensonhurst incident...'dead nigger storage' in pulp fiction, and 'king kong' in inglorious basterds are way more cringeworthy, yet people praise the fuck out of that movie.

both DTRT and Bamboozle self-destruct and implode in their third acts, but they were way more ambitious than most films people praise and discuss things that rarely get adressed in cinema.

how is DTRT any more unnerving than the racist dialogue in the average gangster movie, the rape in 'Clockwork Orange' or the final scene of There Will Be Blood? I swear Spike Lee gets under people's skin for the oddest reasons.

also, bamboozled was innovative in its use of digital video, something that other auteurs only picked up on later, like david lynch and steven soderbergh.

oDoUoSoKo
10-22-2010, 09:54 PM
o i didnt say it was..or imply it was...in fact the reason i like the movie is because of its ambition...but i just dont agree with spike 100% on race relations...more like 80% maybe eloels.

J-DON
10-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Do The Right Thing is a great movie even though i dont know if were supposed to applaud what happens at the climax or not... I dont think Sals Pizza deserved that shit. I watched some of bamboozled and u guys are right it blew so i changed it.

Spike's directing game is pretty tight he did his thing on The Inside Man.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-23-2010, 12:02 AM
^I don't think Spike was trying to manipulate the audience at all with the ending of DTRT, he was just showing you shit that was happening, you could react to it or interpret it however you wanted. I think it's telling that so many people jumped on the whole 'Spike is promoting violence' angle (I know that's not what you said, but I've heard it) The only other time I remember people so completely missing the point was with 'Natural Born Killers'.

Uncle Steezo
10-23-2010, 08:17 AM
from a white kid who lied to say he was black and called himself a nigger...
smh

next thread.

oDoUoSoKo
10-23-2010, 02:00 PM
was it really a lie?

J-DON
10-23-2010, 02:26 PM
^I don't think Spike was trying to manipulate the audience at all with the ending of DTRT, he was just showing you shit that was happening, you could react to it or interpret it however you wanted. I think it's telling that so many people jumped on the whole 'Spike is promoting violence' angle (I know that's not what you said, but I've heard it) The only other time I remember people so completely missing the point was with 'Natural Born Killers'.

I admit to missing the point. I dont know how he intended for us to feel about it. I didnt think he was promoting violence lol it just left me confused.