PDA

View Full Version : Batman 3 = "The Dark Knight Rises"

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Christopher Nolan reveals title of third Batman film and that ‘it wont be the Riddler’

Oct. 27, 2010 | 6:25 a.m.
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/christopher_nolan_in_shadows_by_liz.jpg?w=600&h=400 (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2008/11/13/guillermo-del-t/image-5-christopher_nolan_in_shadows_by_liz-jpg-for-post-1597-2/) Christopher Nolan. (Liz Baylen / Los Angeles Times)

Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises” and though the Gotham City auteur isn’t ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/riddler.jpg?w=308&h=450 Riddler rumors were off target. (DC Comics)

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.
Check back here later in the morning for a more in-depth look at that decision and the Nolan ambitions and reasons behind it.
As for the title, it shows the writer-director’s intention to keep his Bruce Wayne trilogy tightly stitched together. “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” Nolan said cryptically. I had an odd thought: What if Nolan somehow brings back Harvey Dent? The only reason I even mention it is because, back during post-production on the second film, Nolan told me that the title “The Dark Knight” was just as much about Dent and his fall from the status of shining-knight civic crusader. Dent was plainly dead at the end of the last film, though, and Nolan has been intent on keeping his Gotham City film firmly rooted in a gritty gangland realism– this isn’t a franchise that has veered off into the supernatural or even much super-science.
Nolan plays things close to the vest — he’s one of the few filmmakers of his generation who actually does wear a vest — and he chuckled when I tried to get a few more details out of him. “Oh, you know me, I don’t talk.” He began our conversation by comparing it with a visit to the dentist’s office. Well, if so, he’s a patient who never opens wide. I asked if he could imagine a time when Warner Bros. would let a filmmaker shoot a Batman script where the villain isn’t one of the signature creations from the comic books. “Ah, Geoff Boucher, master of the leading question,” he said with a chuckle.
That’s when he did agree, however, to eliminate a villain candidate, namely Edward Nigma, the green-suited Riddler, who many people (myself included) assumed was the next natural choice. That character could be taken in a lot of directions — think of Kevin Spacey’s character in “Seven” as a compass point for one of those dark paths — but Nolan and his team are going a different way. As with “Dark Knight,” the new film has a script written by Nolan and his brother, Jonah, and it’s based on a story by the director and David Goyer. Earlier, I got Nolan to take Mr. Freeze off the list (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/03/10/christopher-nolan-takes-flight-with-superman-we-have-a-fantastic-story-1/) and, yes, this is like pulling teeth but don’t think for a minute that I mind. Nolan makes sublime films, and any secrets he wants to keep in place are done so to protect the final product. As for me, I’m hoping now for Hugo Strange who, come to think of it, looks a bit like a dentist…
– Geoff Boucher

chea pet

IrOnMaN
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the news.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
nice good look for this news disappointed by the title though

angry!
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
nolan droppin classic shit on autopilot, this wont fail and will probably be better than the last...

and title is whatever but leads me to believe 2 FACE gonna be heating up the streets for real!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL AHAHAHAHAH LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA @ tommy lee jones 2 face in forever... joel needs to fuckin kill himself, nipple equipped hard shelll suits, george clooney bruce, chris o donnel... val kilmer losing himself as bruce wayne.... HAHAHAHAAHA 2 part saga was hilarious bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolan gonna have fun with 2 face im sure, extreme good extreme bad, i wasnt convinced by his exit in DARK KNIGHT!!!!!!!!

TAURO
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Not feeling that title at all, still im glad Riddler won't be in this, that would have been too predictable. Im hoping for Thalia Al Gul and Black Mask.

Mcthuggin99
10-27-2010, 02:01 PM
i have no doubt that Christopher Nolan is gonna be dropping a real gem on us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jin10304
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
2 Face is dead, confirmed by Nolan & Eckhart. When asked by many fans if 2Face ever survived his drop (he only looked unconscious) both of them confirmed the character's death. Some guy named Tom Hardy will also play a unnamed role.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/97411-aaron-eckhart-on-two-face

Yes, it's true. Aaron Eckhart says goodbye to Batman. At the press day for his upcoming indie film Towelhead, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! talked to the actor who portrayed Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight. He told us he's definitely not signed on for another film and confirmed his character is dead

Eckhart laughed about how he tried to ask if there was a chance he was coming back and was good-humored about the deadly fate of Dent.

CS/SHH!: Is Harvey Dent alive?
Aaron Eckhart: No. He is dead as a door nail.

CS/SHH!: So he's not coming back?
Eckhart: He ain't coming back baby!

CS/SHH!: I was hoping he would.
Eckhart: No. I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. "Hey Chris, am I?" "You're dead!" Alright, cool.

CS/SHH!: That's not a problem in comic book movies. You could still come back.
Eckhart: I think in contract negotiations it's a problem.

CS/SHH!: So you were never signed on for another film?
Eckhart: No, I'm not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn't work out. I'm nobody. I'm a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I'm sure that there's so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one.

MaskedAvenger
10-27-2010, 03:49 PM
I heard they are auditioning for Catwoman

Hollow Dartz
10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I heard they are auditioning for Catwoman
Halle Berry lol, i'm just glad their not going the 3-d route. that shit annoys me

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
if the villain is catwoman, then the title becomes hilarious and awesome.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
hahahahha ^^^^

djskillz
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
^lmao

10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Yayyaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Riddler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: and no Catwoman, please. Give us something or better yet somebody not seen before.

Mcthuggin99
10-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Halle Berry lol, i'm just glad their not going the 3-d route. that shit annoys me
yeah. i can tell that Nolan isnt a fan of 3D. Warner wanted him to do Inception in 3D but he refused, and he told them he's not gonna do this one in 3D

i dont see why every movie nowadays has to be done in 3D. its stupid

angry!
10-28-2010, 09:15 AM
2 Face is dead, confirmed by Nolan & Eckhart. When asked by many fans if 2Face ever survived his drop (he only looked unconscious) both of them confirmed the character's death. Some guy named Tom Hardy will also play a unnamed role.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/97411-aaron-eckhart-on-two-face

Yes, it's true. Aaron Eckhart says goodbye to Batman. At the press day for his upcoming indie film Towelhead, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! talked to the actor who portrayed Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight. He told us he's definitely not signed on for another film and confirmed his character is dead

Eckhart laughed about how he tried to ask if there was a chance he was coming back and was good-humored about the deadly fate of Dent.

CS/SHH!: Is Harvey Dent alive?
Aaron Eckhart: No. He is dead as a door nail.

CS/SHH!: So he's not coming back?
Eckhart: He ain't coming back baby!

CS/SHH!: I was hoping he would.
Eckhart: No. I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. "Hey Chris, am I?" "You're dead!" Alright, cool.

CS/SHH!: That's not a problem in comic book movies. You could still come back.
Eckhart: I think in contract negotiations it's a problem.

CS/SHH!: So you were never signed on for another film?
Eckhart: No, I'm not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn't work out. I'm nobody. I'm a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I'm sure that there's so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one.

yeah...

not buying it!!!!!!!!!

its fuckin batman g...

the villains never really die off!!!!!!!!!!!!

you think ras al ghul deaded!?!?!?!?!?!

hell nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 face is a compelling character, they could easily revive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gordon covered up harveys transformation by sayin hes dead... now hes back making life difficult on bats as 2 face fully realized!!!!!!!!!!

catwoman... ehhhh... it turns into "look at that spandex" real quick with catwoman, but im sure nolan could figure somethin out... im hopin CROC makes a break, i wanna see batman engaged in life or death combat with a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poison Flowerz!
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
i want the ventriloquist or black mask in this

EAGLE EYE
10-29-2010, 01:51 AM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/728/yousodumbheath.jpg

Jin10304
10-29-2010, 04:28 AM
/\ Yeah well its the director & actors word against yours, and unless the character actually dies onscreen, Nolan isnt the type of cheesy director to bring back villains unless actually killed (Scarecrow cameo proves this). Gordon didn't do shit either, he did what BATMAN WANTED, to BE blamed for Harvey's death. All he did was go along with it, this is why in Rising it will show probably Batman trying to win over Gotham to prove his innocence. The whole POINT of Rising will likely be Gothams back turning on Batman for killing their "White Knight" Harvey. He CANT come back in Nolans vision for Batman

main_man
10-29-2010, 05:24 PM
man, this is nothing but great news.
props on christopher nolan for telling the studio to fuck off with their 3-d bullshit. i could give a fuck less about all this wack ass 3-d nonsense. please stop.

and thank god its not the riddler. when i heard they were thinking about using him for the villian, i was hoping that they wouldnt. i know nolan would have a great concept for it and make it bad ass, but i always thought the riddler was a fuckin lame. for every cool villian batman has (joker) he has a lame one as well (penguin). so not using the riddler is very,very good news.

main_man
10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
i dont see why every movie nowadays has to be done in 3D. its stupid

and im with ya 100% on this.

but there are 2 main reasons why the studios have been going with 3-d lately.

1 is its a measure to stop the massive bootlegging problem. make the films in 3-d so they're blurry, and ivan in russia cant sit down and video tape it with his iphone.

and 2 is to get people to actually go to a theater to see a movie. theaters haven't been getting much business the last 3-4 years, so they think all this 3-d faggotry is gonna draw in the mindless masses.

Jin10304
10-29-2010, 06:14 PM
"1 is its a measure to stop the massive bootlegging problem. make the films in 3-d so they're blurry, and ivan in russia cant sit down and video tape it with his iphone."

But most movies that come in 3D also have the option of the 2D film (minus some, like Jackasss 3D) so that still doesnt stop bootlegging unless the movie strictly comes in 3D format.

"and 2 is to get people to actually go to a theater to see a movie. theaters haven't been getting much business the last 3-4 years, so they think all this 3-d faggotry is gonna draw in the mindless masses"

The 3D pull is more about the money, sure getting everyone to just come sit n watch a movie is a pull, but consider the new prices for 3D movies nowadays (goddamn near $17) and see why they hope this 3D shit rides out on the big $$ before fading into obscurity again...

Tecknowledgist
10-30-2010, 08:05 PM
I wanna see Bane. I'd love to see Christian Bale get his back broken haha

The way they portrayed Bane in that shitty Batman & Robin movie was criminal, dude was a genius and they had him portrayed as a mindless ape

They could maybe bring back Ra's Al Ghul to make it happen, but they already broke down the walls of Arkham Asylum in the first movie didn't they?

Who knows

angry!
10-31-2010, 08:33 AM
I wanna see Bane. I'd love to see Christian Bale get his back broken haha

The way they portrayed Bane in that shitty Batman & Robin movie was criminal, dude was a genius and they had him portrayed as a mindless ape

They could maybe bring back Ra's Al Ghul to make it happen, but they already broke down the walls of Arkham Asylum in the first movie didn't they?

Who knows

yeah big up to nolan for telling WB to fuck off with the 3D bullshit...

not a step forward, lateral move, gimmick shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you james cameron, 3d, ok...

but now they wanna push every blockbuster with the 3D package and its not gonna save the biz... good movies will save the biz!!!!!!!! good movies on IMAX with huge set pieces will save the biz... save that 3d shit for the next generic burton jumpoff, hell be down!!!!!!!!!!!

max HD out first!!!!!!!!!!!

and BATMAN AND ROBIN was hilarious...

george clooney researching jay leno to play bruce wayne... COMEDY!!!!!!!!

geroge clooney bobble head cracking jokes in a stiff molded suit ready for MATEL packaging.... COMEDY!!!!!!!!!!

nipples on metallic bat suits.... COMEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris o'donnel as fag happy robin.... DESTINY FILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id like to see nolans batman fight a beast... bane, croc... both dope choices!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ stocky strongman algy BANE from BATMAN and ROBIN, magnus samuelson with skin rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no consideration, thats joel looking at 1 page of a comic, and sayin i like the mask... lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!! i find those films amusing.. mr. freeze mobile henchmen on ice skates.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cot damn arnuhld is a boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolan got consideration, so if he goes with CATWOMAN, i think hed have a compelling story to tell!!!!!!!!! and dont act like CATWOMAN isnt legit in the DC universe, shes serves a purpose as love interest/complication that makes BATMANS job even harder...

and christian bale needs to kiss the sky... this is all thats left for the kid... terminator salvation blew up in his fuckin face, he has yet to recover!!!!!!!!!!!

yo jin i dont care what eckhart or nolan said, this is batman, and a villains not dead until they never come back!!!!!!!! we got some time to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaskedAvenger
10-31-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd like to see Harley Quinn..

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-31-2010, 10:48 AM
it'll be a good movie and buck the three-quel trend

CuzinBilly
10-31-2010, 04:13 PM
nice good look for this news disappointed by the title though

Why? i feel like nolan named all these films off of frank millers series

batman begins=batman year one
dark knight returns=dark knight
the dark knight rises again=the dark knight rises

Jin10304
10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
"yo jin i dont care what eckhart or nolan said, this is batman, and a villains not dead until they never come back!!!!!!!!"

In the comics true.....but this is a movie adaptation OF a comic, things change, its not the artists directing the movie. Things change...and all in all we have confirmation from both the director & actor.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Why? i feel like nolan named all these films off of frank millers series

batman begins=batman year one
dark knight returns=dark knight
the dark knight rises again=the dark knight rises

it was 'the dark knight strikes again', but i kind of see your point.

i would like to see talia al ghul and hugo strange, or catwoman and black mask.

oDoUoSoKo
10-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd love to see Christian Bale get his back broken haha

lmao..if this were angry...it would be wrapped in several NO HOMOS!!

EAGLE EYE
11-01-2010, 04:10 AM
"1 is its a measure to stop the massive bootlegging problem. make the films in 3-d so they're blurry, and ivan in russia cant sit down and video tape it with his iphone."

But most movies that come in 3D also have the option of the 2D film (minus some, like Jackasss 3D) so that still doesnt stop bootlegging unless the movie strictly comes in 3D format.

"and 2 is to get people to actually go to a theater to see a movie. theaters haven't been getting much business the last 3-4 years, so they think all this 3-d faggotry is gonna draw in the mindless masses"

The 3D pull is more about the money, sure getting everyone to just come sit n watch a movie is a pull, but consider the new prices for 3D movies nowadays (goddamn near $17) and see why they hope this 3D shit rides out on the big $$ before fading into obscurity again...

I've never seen a 3D movie yet. They really are blurry without the glasses?

Jin10304
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
"They really are blurry without the glasses?"

Yep, I went to see Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3D, during the previews I wanted to test out the quality of the screen/film w/o the glasses. Its distorted blurry, almost like one part of the screen is being stretched on 1 end and the the other end of the screen being stretched the opposite way.

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Deadline (http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-nolan-lines-up-actresses-for-batfilm/) reports director Christopher Nolan is meeting with actresses for roles in "The Dark Knight Rises," the third film in his "Batman" cycle. "I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29361#) and Keira Knightley," writes Deadline's Mike Fleming.

While Nolan is famously tight-lipped about characters and plot details, he recently told The Los Angeles Times (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/) that The Riddler would not appear in the film. Subsequently, rumors began circulating of various actresses being courted for the role of Julie Madison, a fiancée of Bruce Wayne's (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29361#) during the early run of the character in the 1940s. She made occasional appearances since and was portrayed by Elle Macpherson in 1997's "Batman & Robin," though that role was little more than a cameo.

The previous Nolan directed films featured one major female role -- Rachel Dawes -- played by Katie Holmes in "Batman Begins," and Maggie Gyllenhaal in "The Dark Knight (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29361#)." The second film also featured Monique Gabriela Curnen as Detective Anna Ramirez, a character similar to Renee Montoya from "Batman: the Animated Series" and subsequent "Batman" comics.

The Deadline article also says Tom Hardy (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29361#) will most likely play a villain in the film. The actor was recently listed on the Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/) as playing Detective Harvey Bullock, but that has since been removed.

With news of a female villain, speculation opens wide to characters as obvious as Catwoman (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29361#) and as obscure as Lady Shiva.

Stay with CBR as this story develops and the identities of both characters come to light.

hm.

Jin10304
11-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Id pick Naomi Watts or Anne Hathaway for his new lady

Lex Lugor
11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Please no naomi, i'll be sickened if I see kiera or naomi in this film. Anne hathaway or blake arent bad tho. LOL the name is kinda lame tho The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises?

oDoUoSoKo
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Talia?

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Talia?
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/715/715356/talia-al-ghul-20060628103855436_640w.jpg

=

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/RachelWeisz5.jpg
http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/sin-city-apr19-rachel-weisz-ava-lord.jpg
http://stylefrizz.com/img/rachel-weisz-uk-harpers-bazaar-august-2009.jpg

yes, please.

oDoUoSoKo
11-13-2010, 08:02 PM
lmao YES

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-13-2010, 10:19 PM
i'd be happy if she played talia or selina. weisz ftw

Uncle Steezo
11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
solomon grundy!!!

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-13-2010, 11:36 PM
^really?

it needs to be this guy
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/24155/Black-mask.jpg

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
‘Dark Knight Rises’: Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman, Tom Hardy is Bane

Jan. 19, 2011 | 9:32 a.m.
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/anne-hathaway.jpg?w=335&h=420 Anne Hathaway (Getty)

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”
In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.” Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven. “The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

huh?

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Anne Hathaway as Catwoman
Tom Hardy (english guy from Inception) as Bane

Michelle Pfeifer >>>> any other catwoman

01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
W... T... F...

IrOnMaN
01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Bane? Are they serious? This must be a joke!

Jin10304
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Maybe they'll show Bane & Batmans epic fight where his back is broken. But c'mon Anne as a villain? No ones topping Michelle, she doesnt have the craziness in her

Jin10304
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
"I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

something tells me he wont be using the 'Venom' serum to explain his strength.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Bane? Are they serious? This must be a joke!

Bane's like the best villain he has. Brilliant Latin American raised by a priest as a political prisoner in a supermax given man made superpowers taking on the world. They just haven't managed to make him cool/realistic yet.

Strange picks of actors though. Anne Hathaway? British guy?

RARRRRR *tears out hair*

TheBoarzHeadBoy
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
On the plus side Bane sounds not retarded for once...

oDoUoSoKo
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
ya hes actually a smart guy eloels.

Mcthuggin99
01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
she wont be Catwoman, she'll be Selina Kyle

Jin10304
01-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Hmm iono, along the lines maybe shell done some sorta Catsuit. Being as this is Nolans last Batman film, it'd b stupid to introduce Selina and leave it as that throughout the film. He cant make audiences anticipate 'the next Batman film Selina will become Catwoman' because there is none after!! I can guarantee Anne will be Catwoman

shaolinsword
01-21-2011, 03:19 AM
It's a bit of a strange direction to go after setting up Two Face and then ignoring him and moving on to Bane. I know it went from Ra's to Joker but it seems like the end was tacked on

Tecknowledgist
01-21-2011, 03:59 PM
anybody bitching about bane has never read a batman comic in their life.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-21-2011, 05:07 PM
anybody bitching about bane has never read a batman comic in their life.

word agreed bro i'm big batman fan and...........its crazy i wanna see nolan's take on Bane

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
^I'm not a fan of Bane (the only thing I read with him is Knightfall, and while that's a 'classic' and it dominated my 3rd grade year lol...it's not a very good story...tons of potential though)

this is a good article for the people who are like "who the fuck is bane?" or "why bane?" I mean...i don't think there's been a good comic with scarecrow but he used pretty effectively in 'batman begins'

Here at ComicsAlliance, we value our readership and are always open to what the masses of Internet readers have to say. That's why we've given Senior Writer Chris Sims the punishment pleasure of stepping into the grand tradition of the Answer Man as he responds to your reader questions.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2010/09/askchrisrusty.jpg

Q: As a reputed Batmanologist, what is your take on Bane as a character and his place in the bat-villain pantheon? -- @C_Thorn (http://twitter.com/#%21/C_Thorn)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane01.jpgA: I got quite a few questions about Bane this week, which I imagine has a lot (read: everything) to do with the news that he's going to be one of the bad guys in the third Christopher Nolan Batman film (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/01/19/anne-hathaway-selina-kyle-tom-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises/).

On the surface, it might seem like a weird choice for Nolan, whose films have been largely psychological in how they treat their heroes and villains, to go with a villain mostly known for being an honest-to-God super-villain luchador on super-steroids who defeated Batman with a pro wrestling hold. But if you think a lot about where Bane fits in with Batman and his villains -- and I'm sure it won't surprise anyone to learn that I have -- it actually makes a lot of sense.

As much as Cable is a symbol of the excesses of the grim-and-gritty '90s for Marvel, Bane and Doomsday (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=457970&b=188072&m=8908&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Etfaw%2Ecom%2FProfile%2FSuperman%2DTP B%253A%2DDeath%2DOf%2DSuperman%5F%5F%5F204687) fill that role at DC, and it's not an entirely undeserved reputation. Doomsday especially fits right in with the idea of stories that got darker, dumber and more violent, although to be fair, his origins lie in the all-too-rare attempt to do something new. If you look at Superman's greatest foes, they all represent mental challenges. Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Mr. Mxyzptlk -- none of them test Superman's strength or resillience, because it's firmly established that you can't top him in terms of raw power. Instead, they're villains that have to be out-thought. Even Bizarro, Superman's equal in terms of abilities, needs to be "beaten" by figuring out a way to make him understand things through his own twisted logic.

The motivation, then, was to finally give Superman something that he'd never had: An enemy that could go toe-to-toe with him and present a legitimate physical threat. It's a neat idea, but unfortunately, while it did actually involve some neat stuff, it also resulted in one of the most popular and widely-read Superman stories of all time being a comic where Superman and a monster in bike shorts punched each other to death.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/doomsday01.jpg

Bane, however, is an entirely different beast. In a lot of ways, his defining appearance saw him function less as a character and more as just a plot point that allowed for a much bigger story, and to understand how he got there, you have to understand where he comes from. Not the prison in the fictional South American country of Santa Prisca (although I'll get to that in a minute), but the factors that led to his creation as a character.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/knightfall01.jpgThe first was the desire to create the biggest Batman story of all time, and in a lot of ways, they succeeded. "Knightfall (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=457970&b=188072&m=8908&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Etfaw%2Ecom%2FProfile%2FBatman%2DTPB% 253A%2DKnightfall%2DVol%2E%2D1%2DBroken%2DBat%5F%5 F%5F217903)" was huge. It was a twenty-part story (19 parts of which were labeled, plus the actual kickoff in Batman #491), and that's not counting the months of setup in Batman or the fact that the story didn't end until it had stumbled through another few years with "Knightquest" and "Knightsend" and "Prodigal." It featured Batman battling almost all of his major enemies and marked a big change that would, for better or worse, dictate the pace of those books for the better part of a decade.

And thematically, while it eventually became downright unbearable, it's based on an extremely solid idea. I've talked before about how the very idea of Batman involves a man breaking through his own limitations to become something other, but "Knightfall" examines just what those limitations are, for what's actually a pretty good reason. The trend in the late '80s and '90s at DC was to reduce characters in power in order to make them more relatable -- which I assume was to follow the model that had made Marvel's more humanized characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men so unbelievably popular -- and whether or not that was a good idea, it's something Crisis on Infinite Earths certainly accomplished. Superman, for example was no longer quite as strong and could even be hurt -- the writers of the Silver Age had always been able to get around those rules, but it was actually codified in the text itself that he was only X strong and could be knocked out by an A-bomb if he was having a bad day.

Batman, however, had only grown more powerful. Part of it was necessity to the character (Batman has pretty much always been a brilliant detective and an incredible fighter), and considering that the high point of Batman stories up to then was the O'Neil/Adams era, a reduction of his prowess probably didn't seem necessary. But with the arrival of Frank Miller -- who had depicted the incredibly skilled, phenomenally wealthy young Batman of Year One (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=457970&b=188072&m=8908&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Etfaw%2Ecom%2FProfile%2FBatman%2DTPB% 253A%2DYear%2DOne%2D%2528Deluxe%2529%5F%5F%5F24891 6) and the cranky old mudhole surgeon of Dark Knight Returns (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=457970&b=188072&m=8908&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Etfaw%2Ecom%2FSearch%3F%5Fresults%5Fu se%5Fstopwords%3Dtrue%26quick%5Fsstring%3DDark%2BK night%2BReturns%26%5Fresults%5Fsstype%5Fsearch%3D) -- and the profound influence he'd had on the character, Batman just got tougher.

The challenge, then, was very similar to what they faced with Superman, who was going through his infamous "death" at almost exactly the same time. If Batman is more than a man, then no one criminal could possibly stand against him. But what if he faced an army of them, one right after the other? His own dedication becomes his downfall -- he forsakes any kind of rest in favor of stopping the bad guys, until he's so worn down that he he's at a point where someone could stand against him. This is the key point of "Knightfall," and one to remember about Bane: It's not just Batman vs. Bane, it's Batman against everyone. Bane just happens to be the guy who shows up last.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane02.jpg

With all of that in place, now we look at Bane himself. Much like "The Death of Superman," the creators decided not to go with one of Batman's more established villains. This could've easily been a Ra's al-Ghul story, where Ra's finally got sick of Batman refusing to marry his daughter and decided to kill him once and for all, and instead of Bane thrashing Batman through his own house, it could've been a swordfight akin to what O'Neil and Adams did, only with an exhausted Batman unable to fend off 400 years of master swordsmanship.

Instead, they went with a villain that was almost brand new, and who was almost certainly created for this one purpose. And they did it because they wanted a different kind of villain than what Batman usually faced. And they drew on three distinct predecessors to make him.

The first one is phenomenally obvious to the point of autoplagiarism, but it's almost never mentioned. Stop me if you've heard this one: A new villain shows up in Gotham, a hulking, masked brute who pulverizest he bones of his opponent. Batman tries to stop him, but in the process, he's injured -- paralyzed, in fact -- and a younger blonde cohort with a mysterious past has to stand in until Bruce Wayne, healed by miraculous Deus Ex Machina means, can once again resume his role.

That might sound like "Knightfall," but it's actually the plot of a story that ran four years earlier to coincide with the release of Tim Burton's Batman movie and celebrate Detective Comics #600: "Blind Justice," by Sam Hamm and Denys Cowan and Dick Giordano.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane03.jpg

You may notice a slight resemblance.

To say that "Knightfall" and its aftermath recycled massive chunks of this story is underselling things quite a bit, but despite the resemblance, Bonecrusher -- the guy in the hood up there -- is actually very different from Bane. The wires on his wrists actually power sonic gauntlets that reduce his enemies to pulp, and his gimmick is actually much more like Lord Death Man (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/09/20/lord-death-man-batman-inc/) than anything else. But clearly, there was a huge influence from this story.

The second major influence -- and no one is going to believe it because it's me telling you this -- is The KGBeast.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane04.jpg

The Beast is one of my favorites and I've gone out of my way to work him into completely unrelated columns before, but here, I actually have a reason. Again, there's a physical resemblance -- the massive figure, the color scheme, the luchador mask -- but more important is the fact that the Beast is an unstoppable physical enemy. He's one of the first foes that Batman cannot overwhelm through sheer physicality, and in fact, "Ten Nights of the Beast," doesn't end with a satisfying punch-out, it ends with Batman realizing that despite his training and skill, his body has its limits. Instead of fighting him, Batman essentially lures the KGBeast into an underground cell and leaves him there to die.

The Beast pushes Batman to his limits, but he never has a chance to force the final physical confrontation. Bane, however, does so, refining the Beast's characteristics and combining them with the most important factor of all.

And that factor? That Bane is essentially the most successful attempt at creating The Evil Version of Batman.

Again, that's not a new idea, and had been done most famously ten years before in Mike W. Barr and Michael Golden's "The Player On The Other Side" from Batman Special #1.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane05.jpg

The villain in that story, The Wrath, was the son of two bank-robbing murderers who were gunned down by the police on the same day that Batman's parents were murdered by a criminal, and so he naturally swore his life to the destruction of the law. It's a great story, but it's done with the explicit attempt at setting up the Wrath as a direct reflection of Batman. Bane, believe it or not, is far more subtle. And not just because he doesn't have a big W on his face that makes bat-ears.

Batman, despite the tragedy that drives him to become a crime-fighter, is born into a world of privilege. He even lists everything off in Year One:

"I have wealth. The family manor rests above a cave that will be the perfect headquarters. Even a butler with training in combat medicine."

Bane, however, receives an entirely different legacy from his father: He's sentenced to life in a South American prison to pay for his father's crimes, born to absolutely nothing, save for the natural athletic abilities and intelligence -- the two traits he shares with Batman. So instead of being able to travel the world to better himself, he's forced to work within the confines of a small extremely hostile environment.

As a result, he grows into a man driven by vengeance to take what he wants without any concern for the harm it causes to those around him. His methods become a direct contrast to Batman's. Batman doesn't kill, but Bane?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane06.jpg

Bane will kill constantly if he feels like it, and not even in to further his own goals. While Batman is violent with the goal of preventing violence, Bane is violence for its own sake.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane07.jpgAnd then there's the Venom. Introduced by Denny O'Neil and Legends of the Dark Knight #16, the super-steroid was originally used by Batman as a way to overcome his physical limits, which you may have noticed is a recurring theme surrounding this story. Batman, of course, stopped using it in order to avoid becoming dependent on something outside himself, but it's the source of Bane's physical prowess. Where Batman thinks of Venom as something that goes too far, Bane embraces it and uses it to great effect.

Incidentally, the idea of someone being raised in a prison where he has to train himself physically and mentally through the prison library, then gains super-powers from a drug, is very much in tune with the origins of Golden Age heroes. Specifically, it echoes both Marvel/Timely's Golden Age Angel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_%28Timely_Comics%29) and DC's Hourman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hourman), although that might just be an interesting coincidence.

Even more telling than the differences, though, is the one aspect that he and Batman share. I mentioned before that there's a direct metatextual reason for the events of "Knightfall," but it's equally important as to why those events happened within the story. At its heart, the driving action is started simply because Bane wants to take out Batman. But in order to do so, he doesn't just do what your average villain-of-the-week does (showing up and calling Batman out for a fight), and he doesn't even do what the arch-villains do (committing crimes in order to provoke Batman into action, then springing on him). Instead, he does something that is often overlooked when people talk about Bane: He comes up with a plan.

He orchestrates a jailbreak at Arkham Asylum to not only release Batman's enemies, but also provide them with weapons. He doesn't waste time or effort fighting Jean-Paul Valley, because he recognizes that he's not the true Batman. He devotes himself to discovering Batman's secret identity so that he can fight him when he least expects it, at his lowest point, outside of an environment. It's not just a plan, but a great one.

Clearly, Bane is a mastermind who belives that the victory is in the preparation. In other words, he sees things in the same way that Batman does, and turns Batman's own methods against him -- right down to the Venom that echoes Batman's own use. He even forms an army of like-minded cronies so that his goals can be furthered on a grander scale, which is exactly what Batman's doing now, fifteen years later, in the pages of Batman Inc.

The ruthlessness, the single-minded dedication to his goal, the planning and strategy, it all adds up to make him a direct reflection of Batman, and it all leads to a plan that actually works:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane08.jpg

Well, it works for a while, anyway. If Bane truly understood Batman -- and I actually think it's an intentional bit of character development that he doesn't -- he'd understand that by defining a physical limitation, he's simply given Batman something else to conquer. Of course, he'd also know that if he'd read Detective Comics #600, but that's neither here nor there.

It does bring up one more interesting similarity in their methods, though, in that Batman and Bane both devote themselves to the physical end of a confrontation, but don't necessarily have an answer for the mental aftermath. When Batman throws the Joker in Arkham Asylum, for instance, that's the physical end of whatever the Joker was up to. If he's locked up, he's not physically out on the streets of Gotham City creating chaos, but in terms of mentality, he's still crazy and he's probably already thinking up his next criminal exploit. The same goes here: Batman is beaten physically, he's never really broken, despite the hype and taglines of the story. He's already working on a way to return.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane09.jpg

Unfortunately, he came back in what might be the worst way possible, when his girlfriend/physical therapist learns his secret identity, uses her psychic powers to fix his spine, which has the side effect of driving her insane and giving her the mind of a five year-old, after which she is put in a mental institution and never heard from again. Seriously, "Knightfall" started out with a lot of potential, but did not exactly end well.

I do think it's worth noting, though, that this is a story where Batman is beaten by an evil version of himself (Bane), who is then beaten by another evil version of Batman (Azrael), who is in turn beaten by Batman.

As for post-"Knightfall" developments, Bane has had the strange road that comes with being a character created specifically for such a huge story. Once it's over, there's just not much you can do. There might be a way to make that character exciting again, but if he shows up to fight Batman, you always know how that's going to go down. The connection with Batman is built to lead to exactly one moment (two if you count the inevitable rematch), and finding something new to do with that relationship is a difficult task.

That's not to say that "Knightfall" itself entirely lived up to the potential that it started out with. A whole lot of it, after all, was stuff like this...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane11.jpg

...and while I like my comics goofy, it helps if they're not actually trying to be super-serious at the time. But still, it is Bane's story, and it seems like the further away you take him from that -- and from a role that sets him up as a contrast to Batman -- the harder it is to do something good with him.

For evidence, just look at his brief appearance in Infinite Crisis, where he breaks Judomaster's back with the same move he used on Batman. It's the very definition of using the same action but with absolutely none of the emotional content that made that action important, and it's a prime example of why doing scenes for no reason other than because readers will remember seeing them elsewhere is one of the surest ways to make bad comics (see also: Batman: The Widening Gyre (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/29/worst-of-the-worst-batman-the-widening-gyre-6/)). Greg Rucka later tried to salvage it to build up an animosity between Bane and Thomas Jagger, Judomaster's sidekick/heir in the pages of Checkmate, but it went nowhere.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/bane10.jpgMore recently, Gail Simone has been using Bane in the page of Secret Six, where he functions as a brutal enforcer who follows a strict code, often imposing himself on the other members.

The most interesting development there is that he has come to see himself as a father figure -- wanted or not -- for Scandal, which is an interesting twist for a character who literally grew up in a prison because his own father left the country rather than face his sentence. But again, his role as a mastermind dedicated to a goal at all costs is reduced or eliminated. It makes sense that it would be -- Scandal's the team leader, not Bane -- but it also just directly points to the fact that without that one defining moment where he fights Batman, the character is completely aimless.

In effect, he's served his purpose, and is now just hanging out trying to be useful.

Even so, there is something interesting at the core of his character, something that certainly wasn't on display when he showed up in Batman and Robin, and that even Batman: The Animated Series didn't quite use to its full potential. He's an evil version of Batman as a pulp character with a lucha mask, and while he's not one of my favorites, there's certainly a lot there to work with.

Tecknowledgist
01-21-2011, 08:00 PM
i just meant people are probably judging him because of the abysmal Batman & Robin movie and not the comics

and i agree, he didn't have the greatest story arcs but he was an extremely interesting character with so much potential. i think Nolan could fully realize that potential here

that being said, i don't know how you could properly include Bane in a movie without a lot of backstory, so i have a feeling the story might revolve around him more than catwoman

on the subject, didnt batman begins start with the mass arkham asylum jailbreak though??? i'm probably wrong, haven't seen it in a while but i seem to recall that lol

Tecknowledgist
01-21-2011, 08:11 PM
i should have read that first, it touched on exactly what i did lol

IrOnMaN
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
13H_4XOFn28

IrOnMaN
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Dark Knight Rises Cinematographer talks about the Script.

Academy Award-nominated cinematographer Wally Pfister recently opened up about his next project, The Dark Knight Rises, and revealed that he has already read the script for the flick, and in his opinion, director Christopher Nolan has done it again!

He explains:

"I read the script two weeks ago, and he's done it. Plain and simple — he's done it. It's a phenomenal script. He's still in the process of cutting it back because it's a very long script right now, but it's really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight' again. When I watched those I had read the script for 'The Dark Knight Rises' and was like, 'Dude, it is a perfect trilogy.' I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it's funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better. Our goal is to shoot as much in IMAX as we can. We're going to put in on the screen, and put it on the screen big. And I really encourage everyone to see it in IMAX if they can because we're really going for it this time. In terms of the action, we are all scratching our heads right now trying to figure out how we're going to do it, how we're going to do it in the amount of time we're going to do it in. The opening scene of the movie will blow your mind."

http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-08-th...-on-the-script (http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-08-the-dark-knight-rises-cinematographer-spills-details-on-the-script)

I'd like a three hours out of this.:)

02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
^^That's like a week old. We visit other sites besides wucorp, u know.

oDoUoSoKo
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
those of us who dont, appreciate it

LoTec
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
those of us who dont, appreciate it
yup

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-08-2011, 10:50 PM
lol i'm a geek and i hadn't seen that yet
that little quote has me salivating...i guess i'll be seeing this in imax too
rep tectrus

02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
www.comicbookmovie.com - everyday visit is a must

oDoUoSoKo
02-10-2011, 12:20 PM
not if u read comics

02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
^^I don't, but do they print the latest comicbookmovie news in them? wtf

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
i think he's implying that comics > movies based on comics.

oDoUoSoKo
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
bingo^

02-11-2011, 05:20 AM
I like and respect the art of comicbooks and graphic novels, but I'm mainly a comicbookmovie geek, especially Batman.

IrOnMaN
05-20-2011, 12:25 PM
http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Crop.jpg

}:|

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-20-2011, 12:50 PM
looks ok to me...never really was a fan of bane and his mexican wrestler bsdm mask would look pretty stupid.

05-20-2011, 01:35 PM
That's fucking E.P.I.C.!!!!!!
Better look:
http://tdkr.truu.comlu.com/official/bane01.jpg

TAURO
05-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Im officially excited. I will be very interested in seeing Nolans take on Bane.

05-22-2011, 06:10 PM
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/1264795479142.jpg

06-23-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.giercownia.pl/gra/11597/gotham_city_street_chase/

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Now we are fucking talking

KZA
07-11-2011, 11:19 PM
poster for the movie looks fucking badass

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/07/thedarkknightrisesofficialposter.jpg

07-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Simply E.P.I.C. Teaser hits friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etze
07-13-2011, 07:03 AM
wow
i've slept on this, didnt even know they are preparing it
poster is dope btw

RADIOACTIVE MAN
07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
holy shit, that poster is fucking gold

07-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Bootleg Of The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Leaks (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=41641)

Jin10304
07-15-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/film/866505-the-dark-knight-rises-liam-neeson-spotted-filming-in-london

It looks like the actor, who recently had his cameo in The Hangover 3 axed, may have bagged an even bigger guest appearance in the new Batman film.

Neeson was seen shooting a scene for the new movie on Monday, according to Variety.

The star is rumoured to be starring once again as Ra’s al Ghul, Bruce Wayne’s mentor and nemesis, even though he appeared to die at the end of Batman Begins.

The 2005 film was the first part of director Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Warner Bros refused to comment when contacted by website Hit Fix saying it was 'simply not policy when it comes to the Batman films that [Christopher] Nolan and company make.'

The Social Network star Josh Pence has already been confirmed to take the role of a young Ra’s al Ghul, while Marion Cotillard is rumoured to be playing the part of the villain’s estranged daughter, Talia al Ghul (under the guise of Miranda Tate, Bruce Wayne's ally).

Yesterday, the first photo emerged of what could be the new Batsuit in The Dark Knight Rises.

The snap came from the Licensing International Expo showing a more greyer version of the suit used in The Dark Knight.

Christian Bale will be reprising his role as Batman and will star alongside Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Juno Temple and Matthew Modine.

The Dark Knight Rises will be released in cinemas on July 20, 2012.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/866505-the-dark-knight-rises-liam-neeson-spotted-filming-in-london#ixzz1SD7tgfLi

07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
^^This news is over a month old.

Jin10304
07-16-2011, 06:50 PM
i got that from wiki thats all, i knew about his daughter possibly beng in it but not ras

Kraky
07-18-2011, 03:35 PM
ofcourse i would have liked the teaser to reveal a bit more info but nonetheless its gonna be one sick movie and cant wait to read more spoilers about it!

07-18-2011, 04:39 PM
aZv6e3Pl4GA
http://h4.abload.de/img/animation3qo79.gif
Fan made:
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/31625/bat1.jpg
A little bonus:
9ae879JkdHQ
IT'S ON, MUTHAFUCKAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IrOnMaN
07-18-2011, 06:51 PM
^^Thanks for posting the trailer.

I wonder if Batman will cut lose in the third installment. I want to see him do some crazy stuff.

True Father Allah
07-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Bane? Are they serious? This must be a joke! this isn't your Batman and Robin moive Bane, more like the Bane below
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7716/banepc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/banepc.jpg/)

Maybe they'll show Bane & Batmans epic fight where his back is broken. and in Wayne's mansion as well

anybody bitching about bane has never read a batman comic in their life. agreed

poster for the movie looks fucking badass

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/07/thedarkknightrisesofficialposter.jpg sick!

etze
07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
wondering if this joker gonna be good
heath was the perfect guy to play as joker

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-24-2011, 09:49 PM
^wtf?

there will be no replacement joker

etze
07-25-2011, 04:33 AM
^wtf?

im talking about the person who's playing joker..
heath ledger was the perfect one @ The dark knight

07-25-2011, 09:58 AM
heath was the perfect guy to play as joker

^wtf?

im talking about the person who's playing joker..
heath ledger was the perfect one @ The dark knight
LMFAO Yeah, in the 2nd sentence, in the 1st 1 u ask:
LMFAO WTF

oDoUoSoKo
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
so there is gonna be a joker in this movie? smh u guys are dicks for confusing me eloels.

Jin10304
07-25-2011, 06:08 PM
There no Joker or Replacement Joker, Nolan already confirmed that a while ago

etze
07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
LOL
my bad. what a dumbass hahah
soz

Wh0am3ye?
07-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Can't wait for the movie, did this sig in the honor of dark knight.

07-31-2011, 02:54 PM
I4SotJA1nQo
ATAzgxxGudc
ndRzQDRm9QU
hFnu_Lg0GI0
LEi9F2HR-2Y
yWCWgnI2iVQ
P6tnwhrVkt8
TzciumgZuOo
aOZUIiszs_Y
wirJX6tXlAA
O2ku8EIWntc
O_OGNbQ9we0
F19iuk9LgqQ

IrOnMaN
07-31-2011, 03:17 PM
^Nice videos! The tumblers sound like tracker trailers. I wonder how fast they can go.

+rep

07-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Reported top speed: 110 mph
Source (http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/080718-The-Batmobile-Review-2009-Wayne-Industries-Tumbler-/)

07-31-2011, 07:36 PM
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/CTllu.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/DUMwQ.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/CGzHb.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/ck6Px.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/duDw5.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/batpod.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/UJhAb.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/image0002.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/image0006.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/image0007.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/image0008.jpg

Bobby_Digital72
08-01-2011, 02:31 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/208/0/1/bane_by_saadirfan-d41t3qv.jpg

shaolinsword
08-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Is Batman working with the police again?

Bobby_Digital72
08-01-2011, 04:56 AM
I Hope Bane gets atleast a lil bigger did to the venom/poison he's taking instead of just being the same size and super strong...might as well fight a dude on PCP..

IrOnMaN
08-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Can someone tell me why Batman is bigger than Bane?:no: What the hell is going on?

RagnaroK
08-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Bane have a scar on his back

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2011, 08:39 AM
I Hope Bane gets atleast a lil bigger did to the venom/poison he's taking instead of just being the same size and super strong...might as well fight a dude on PCP..

my theory is that bane is ra's al ghul's lieutenant/succesor (the role he had planned for wayne) and that venom is a pcp like strain of the flower's from 'batman begins' that scarecrow used.

i would also guess this scene is from early in the story as well, so maybe batman actually beats bane in combat in this particular fight.

08-01-2011, 08:49 AM
X5wUDt2azGc
dpea_TwEuBI
twPypRSpj-M
Rmhalbv6k60
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/31625/marion-cotillard-tom-hardy-dark-knight-rises-set-04.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/31625/marion-cotillard-tom-hardy-dark-knight-rises-set-03.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/31625/marion-cotillard-tom-hardy-dark-knight-rises-set-02.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/31625/marion-cotillard-tom-hardy-dark-knight-rises-set-01.jpg

IrOnMaN
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
my theory is that bane is ra's al ghul's lieutenant/succesor (the role he had planned for wayne) and that venom is a pcp like strain of the flower's from 'batman begins' that scarecrow used.

i would also guess this scene is from early in the story as well, so maybe batman actually beats bane in combat in this particular fight.

Yeah but Bane should be a lot taller than Batman. A short Bane doesn't cut it for me. I had to get used to Alfred being taller than Bruce Wayne. Michael Crane is a beast, though.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
man..this is gonna be epic,i can already feel it

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
marion cotillard is definitely playing talia...and they've got tumblers

shit is getting crazy

Bobby_Digital72
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM

thats actually a pretty good theory..

and whos the chick in the last pixs Al ghuls daughter ?

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
^i'm just speculating...she's playing a character ostensibly named miranda tate that works for wayne's company...who manufactured the tumblers...which she's stepping out of...which makes me think batman might be funding and arming bane and his army, without even knowing it.

that's just my interpretation based on these poorly lit pictures and youtube videos lol

08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
IQxiPPn5e2E

IrOnMaN
08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I wonder what the new Batmoblie will look like. Batman needs something more superior to the tumbler.

By the way, I've heard that all of this is just hype for the movie because Warner Bros. Entertainment and Chris Nolan would never allow a security leak on this level to ever happen. This is just a rumor.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-05-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1312547857.jpg

08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Can't really say nothing till the movie or at least trailer drops, but looks... interesting.

IrOnMaN
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Catwoman riding the Batpod?}:|

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-05-2011, 11:09 AM
oh shit @ catwoman..thats ill

TAURO
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1312547857.jpg

That better not be her catwoman mask.

Gotta say while im really looking forward to this movie, there is just too much shit leaking out right now that it's really ruining the hype for me.

IrOnMaN
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
That better not be her catwoman mask.

Gotta say while im really looking forward to this movie, there is just too much shit leaking out right now that it's really ruining the hype for me.

A lot of people didn't like Joker's face when it first surfaced but then people came to accept it. Maybe the samething will happen to Catwoman in this movie.

In regards to the leakage, as I stated before, maybe Warner Bros. and Chris Nolan are doing this for the purpose of hype for the movie. That's why the Bane picture was released and now a picture of Catwoman has been released by Warner Bros.

Also, you guys have to keep in mind that The Dark Knight Rises has very heavy competition with a lot of movies that'll be released in the summer of 2012 such as The Amazing Spider-man and The Avengers. They have to keep the hype up.

TAURO
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
A lot of people didn't like Joker's face when it first surfaced but then people came to accept it. Maybe the samething will happen to Catwoman in this movie.

In regards to the leakage, as I stated before, maybe Warner Bros. and Chris Nolan are doing this for the purpose of hype for the movie. That's why the Bane picture was released and now a picture of Catwoman has been released by Warner Bros.

Also, you guys have to keep in mind that The Dark Knight Rises has very heavy competition with a lot of movies that'll be released in the summer of 2012 such as The Amazing Spider-man and The Avengers. They have to keep the hype up.

I don't think it really needs the extra hype to compete with the those other films. The dark Knight made a billion dollars worldwide and was universally praised across the board, it's reputation is hype enough.

Art Vandelay
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Heinz Field becomes Gotham Stadium

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/08/05/heinz-field-gets-makeover-for-%E2%80%9Cbatman%E2%80%9D-shoot/

Art Vandelay
08-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Cat Woman

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201108/20110805catwoman2_ds_500.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201108/20110805catwoman4_ds_500.jpg

Bobby_Digital72
08-05-2011, 03:54 PM
^^ lol thats her stunt double no?

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-05-2011, 04:06 PM
fucking sickkk

Art Vandelay
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras
Friday, August 05, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Batman, meet Big Ben.

The new labor agreement in the NFL banned teams from practicing twice a day but it says nothing about Ben Roethlisberger and his Steelers teammates practicing for good old "Gotham" on the set of the new Batman movie Saturday morning.

Roethlisberger and about a dozen of his veteran teammates will take part in the filming of Dark Knight Rises playing -- what else? -- football players at a familiar venue for them, Heinz Field. The production, which has been filming in Pittsburgh, moves Saturday morning to the Steelers home, where thousands of extras playing fans have been recruited. The Steelers will return to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for a real football practice under the direction of coach Mike Tomlin Saturday afternoon.

The Steelers quarterback has become close with Thomas Tull, the film's executive producer who joined the Steelers ownership group two years ago. Tull helped influence the shooting of the movie in Pittsburgh and he's been trying to get the Steelers involved. Chrstopher Nolan is directing the third in his Batman trilogy. The movie stars Christian Bale as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

"I'm kind of getting everybody together," Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette today. "I heard it's going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I don't think it will be a big part, it's not like we're chasing Batman down or anyting. It's something neat that in 10 years or 20 years we can tell our kids we were in a movie. Thomas does movies big and I'm sure it will be a big-time movie and something fun to be part of."

Among teammates expected to join him are Hines Ward, Willie Colon, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior and Casey Hampton.

There will be an early call for the football-playing actors -- they must be on the set, which is closed to the public, by 7 a.m. Saturday, and this after tonight's practice in Latrobe.

"From what I've heard, it's going to be like a pre-game, warming-up type thing,'' Roethlisberger said of the Steelers' roles. "I don't know the whole concept. There's a Gotham team, a football game. We'll be wearing uniforms. It will be fun."

Sky Blue Bally Kid
08-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Proper look at Bane...

PQz7h6KCHxc

Art Vandelay
08-06-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11218/1165747-100.stm

True Father Allah
08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppvhRbGwJQw&feature=player_embedded

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-12-2011, 08:06 PM
5rWw9Ls6vZg

cheaaa

08-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Pure fuckin' A.W.E.S.O.M.E.N.E.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st i was like:

http://pl.memgenerator.pl/mem-image/wtf-is-this-shit

j1Y4EJOZ6c0
kSUZHRF2ZJg
BcLUApuGfoo
jpIiCf9rid8
nHLwzlI-omo
xSWtHNZCYTg

Then i was like:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/savvylikeyeahhh/GIFs/awesome.gif

08-12-2011, 09:14 PM
pg4xDYJh8Os

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-12-2011, 09:19 PM
for real,its tooo fucking awesomeee g. cant wait to see it on imax

duotone
08-13-2011, 05:50 AM
haha... filming really looks ridiculous...

i'm hyped by the film...

begins and dark knight are great movies...

but it gonne be hard for dkr to keep up with dk...

ledger is dead...

he made that film kind of emotional bc i think that the role played him at the end of the day and made that suicide happen...

imo

RagnaroK
08-13-2011, 06:36 AM
After seeing the teaser you just can't shake the feeling that somebody gonna get fucked up real bad.

TAURO
08-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Im reserving judgement until I see an official trailer.

oDoUoSoKo
08-13-2011, 12:49 PM
After seeing the teaser you just can't shake the feeling that somebody gonna get fucked up real bad.

ya, probably a director of photography

Art Vandelay
08-13-2011, 07:28 PM
BcLUApuGfoo

i saw that thing yesterday. the other side of that tunnel is near my house. i was driving by when they were just finished filming wondering what the fuck that thing was.

08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
LOL
They almost crashed it LOL:
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/spl306116015wm900560x368.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/spl306116011wm900560x370.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/spl306116001wm900560x374.jpg
Source (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=44351)

Bobby_Digital72
08-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Closer look @ Bane

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/3576/celebrities-in-character#photo4

I'm sitll not sure how i feel about this..

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/09/darkknightrisescatwomancostume1.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2011/09/hathaway-cat/anne-hathaway-catwoman-dark-knight-rises-set-03.jpg (http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2583711/anne-hathaway-catwoman-dark-knight-rises-set-03/fullsize/)
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2011/09/hathaway-cat/anne-hathaway-catwoman-dark-knight-rises-set-05.jpg (http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2583713/anne-hathaway-catwoman-dark-knight-rises-set-05/fullsize/)

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/09/batcat1b.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/09/batcat1a.jpg

TAURO
09-25-2011, 06:20 PM
She looks very much like the 60's catwoman from the adam west series

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_96uP6vDZMT8/S8xg-xssJ2I/AAAAAAAAKrM/SBhOKtuMukw/s1600/JULIE5.jpg

RzaRectum
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Her acting skill better be up to par, because she doesn't appear to working with SHIT physically speaking..

Jin10304
09-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Meh Im still not convinced with Anne, I loved Burtons costume design wayyy better, that looks like a reg. Catwoman costume you can find at the Halloween Spirit Store LOL. I hope she still has a whip, I miss Michelle Phifer, no one is gonna match her Catwoman portrayal.

duotone
09-26-2011, 07:10 AM
that catwomancostume needs to show more skin...
it looks like a wetsuit...
not enough sex if you ask me...

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Even More Photos from The Dark Knight Rises Set Featuring Catwoman, Batman, & the Batpod
Picture of Anne Hathawayhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=47146#) in the cat suit embracing Bale, the caped crusader during some down time. Also, new pictures of Catwoman'shttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=47146#) stunt double in action on the Batpod.
<DIV class=body><SPAN id=ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_m_contentLBL>http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%20Banner%201.jpg

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/9af6ba0f.jpg

Photos courtesy of sweethathaway.com
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/MQ_002.jpghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/MQ_005.jpghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/MQ_006.jpghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/MQ_007.jpghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/MQ_001.jpghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Copp2020742.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Copper4335.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Coppe838583.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Copper1739348.png

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/f34752579.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/72c66119.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Bale1265648.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Bale294141.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Bale%20Tankentai=Nisshi%203rd-More45172.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/Bale%20Tan71109.pnghttp://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/408b0085.jpg

CLICK TO ENLARGE
<A href="http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/20773/7f13d0f3.jpg">

RzaRectum
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
that catwomancostume needs to show more skin...
it looks like a wetsuit...
not enough sex if you ask me...

Agreed, except she is too white for that. I suspect she would look like an albino cat in a bikini suit. LOL

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
all i know is if christopher Nolan sticks to the realistic theme of the movie like he always tried to,theres gonna be an epic fight in the sky btween the batwing and us fighter jets,after all he is a vigilante and flying an unindentified aricraft in US airspace could bring the war on..No??

Jin10304
10-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Scarecrow!!!???

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/batman-begins-actor-back-for-the-dark-knight-ris/247870

'Batman Begins' actor back for 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Cillian Murphy – the actor who played The Scarecrow in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight – will make an appearance as the villain in the final instalment, The Dark Knight Rises As reported by ComicBookMovie and several other sites, fans visiting the set have taken to the internet with their discovery. Posting on a fan message board, a user named MagnusRex said:

Cillian Murphy is returning in TDKR. I couldn't take a picture of him because there are a ton of security guards, but he's definitely there. You can take this as 100% legit fact. Scarecrow is in TDKR.

Other online sources corroborated the spot, but no official word has been announced as to his reappearance.

Along with Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy will be the only other actor to have appeared in all three of the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

As well as playing Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow for Nolan in both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, Murphy also appeared in Inception for the director.

Earlier this month, Joseph Gordon-Levitt warned fans against seeking out too many spoilers about the forthcoming blockbuster. So, if you're reading this, you've made Joseph Gordon-Levitt sad. Good for you. Happy now?

Jin10304
10-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Scarecrow!!!???

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/batman-begins-actor-back-for-the-dark-knight-ris/247870

'Batman Begins' actor back for 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Cillian Murphy – the actor who played The Scarecrow in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight – will make an appearance as the villain in the final instalment, The Dark Knight Rises As reported by ComicBookMovie and several other sites, fans visiting the set have taken to the internet with their discovery. Posting on a fan message board, a user named MagnusRex said:

Cillian Murphy is returning in TDKR. I couldn't take a picture of him because there are a ton of security guards, but he's definitely there. You can take this as 100% legit fact. Scarecrow is in TDKR.

Other online sources corroborated the spot, but no official word has been announced as to his reappearance.

Along with Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy will be the only other actor to have appeared in all three of the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

As well as playing Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow for Nolan in both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, Murphy also appeared in Inception for the director.

Earlier this month, Joseph Gordon-Levitt warned fans against seeking out too many spoilers about the forthcoming blockbuster. So, if you're reading this, you've made Joseph Gordon-Levitt sad. Good for you. Happy now?

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
the original first 2 batmans were far better than the dark knight series. and batman the animated series from the 90s was also better. I like the dark night films though, just saying.

10-03-2011, 06:02 PM
the original first 2 batmans were far better than the dark knight series. and batman the animated series from the 90s was also better. I like the dark night films though, just saying.
Yeah, for that era then, yeah, for this - no

OntheHorizon
10-03-2011, 11:59 PM

I use to watch that cartoon all the time as a kid, lol

As for the movies, I like the new ones better, they played the original Batman Returns on the TV a few weeks ago and I remembered how much I hate Tim Burton all over again, the man hasnt had an original Idea since Beetlejuice

SMH @ them penguins with Rockets

portis24
11-13-2011, 08:16 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILER

'You'll cheer. Trust me, you'll cheer more than you think. Hell, people will be cheering for the last 40 minutes of this film. It's got a Rocky-style ending, and one that is surprisingly optimistic for Nolan, and truly heartfelt for Bruce.''

''If you think about it, say this Heinz Field stuff occurs toward the beginning of the film...say around the 40 minute point. Batman goes under into the sewers to stop Bane from using this machine. Bane absolutely owns and devestates him. CUT TO -
The game. Punt kick. Explosion. Bane climbs out. Announces that Gotham is his. People are like, "really...?" And then his thugs drag the beaten Batman out.
He tears off Batman's mask, revealing him to be Bruce Wayne, and then breaks his back in front of Gotham. Then, cue the EARTHQUAKE and Gotham is broken along with its hero.
That is a stakes setter and a potentially amazing moment in the film. ''

Jin10304
11-14-2011, 03:03 PM
source?

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-14-2011, 03:21 PM
yea whats the source for that

11-14-2011, 09:06 PM
It's a wrap (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168855-the-dark-knight-rises-wraps)

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-15-2011, 09:03 AM
word!!!

portis24
11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
scans from the empire article

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...k-knight-rises

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post21906039

"He's brutal. He's expedient delivery of brutality. And you know, he's a big dude. he's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and orientated fighting style. The result is clear. It's 'fukk off and die'. Quicker. Quicker. Everything is thought out way before. He's hit you, he's already hit somebody else. It's not about fighting. It's just about carnage with Bane. He's a smashing machine. He's a wrecking ball. The style is heavy-handed, heavy footed, it's nasty. Anything from small joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. It's anything he can get away with...I'm not approaching it with a 12-certificate attitude. If we're going to shoot somebody, shoot the pregnant woman or the old lady first. Make sure everybody stands up and listens." - Tom Hardy

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-21-2011, 03:48 PM
it's taking place 8 years after "the dark knight"

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
The new issue of Empire magazine has been sent to subscribers and it gives a look at four more photos from Christopher Nolan'shttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168895-new-photos-from-the-dark-knight-rises#) The Dark Knight Rises (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=63112) in addition to the two covers (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168881-choose-which-dark-knight-rises-cover-empire-should-reveal-first) previously posted.
In the article, Nolan reveals that the story picks up eight years after The Dark Knight. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after 'The Dark Knight.' So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state. With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."
Tom Hardy said that Bane is "brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."
Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."
Nolan added that the prologue coming with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=56203) in IMAXhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168895-new-photos-from-the-dark-knight-rises#) "is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's an introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."
Thanks to 'Heisenberg,' 'thej0ker' and 'Zorak' for the scans!
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/empirebatmandkr1.jpg
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/empirebatmandkr2.jpg
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/empirebatmandkr3.jpg
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/empirebatmandkr4.jpg
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/batmannewsetpic.jpg wu.

portis24
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
possible description of the ban prologue

We've known for a while that the Dark Knight Rises IMAX only prologue will introduce us to Tom Hardy's Bane, much like the Dark Knight IMAX only prologue gave us our first proper gawp at Heath Ledger's Joker.

And, as it turns out, both Bat-villains are destined to debut during a high-concept heist.

According to a Metro source, Bane and his cronies will hijack a plane to assassinate a despot dictator.

According to the source:

"Bane and his mercenaries hijack a military plane transporting a dictator of a country which is in unrest (think Saddam Hussein type figure).

'He successfully kills the leader, but makes some mistakes along the way and is unable to safely land the plane.

'Because of the resulting injuries from the accident, he has to undergo complicated surgeries and that is how he winds up with that scar down his neck and the need for the mask to numb the pain.'

The source goes on to describe Bane's origin story as reimagined by Nolan.

"'He is raised by Ra’s al Ghul [Bruce Wayne's old mentor] and his up bringing mirrors that of Bruce Wayne.

'It’s a mirror of Bruce, except it’s darker and twisted. Bane is trained to be an assassin for the League of Shadows.

'He kills political figures that are deemed unfit by the LOS. So he is a bit of a Che Guevara/ Jason Bourne type character.'

Bane is described as a 'revolutionary and an assassin' who is hellbent on starting his own uprising."

Which certainly sounds like a Nolan-esque rework of the comic-book mythology.

And it isn't long before we find out the truth. The Bane prologue will debut in IMAX cinemas, attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol next month.

Source: Metro
Sound good? Or do you think Nolan has something else up his sleeve?

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-bane-prologue-plot-revealed

portis24
12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/RobStill926/tumblr_lvkei2i0lh1qd9vcjo1_500.jpg

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
i like that twist to it

12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.batcave.stopklatka.pl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/confidential_4397621.jpg
http://www.batcave.stopklatka.pl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/transcript.jpg

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
im staying away from this thread till the movie drops!!!

portis24
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Duncan Jones- "Not sure if Im allowed to say what I saw tonight... suffice it to say, it was considerably epic. You will be pleased."
https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon

Eli Roth- "I just saw the most incredible #DarkNightRises footage in IMAX. Mind blown"
https://twitter.com/eliroth

Edgar Wright- "P.S. It was amazing."
https://twitter.com/edgarwright

@colliderfrosty
Saw THE DARK KNIGHT RISES IMAX prologue. 3 words. Holy *beep* sh*t.

slashfilm Peter Sciretta
Just saw The Dark Knight Rises prologue in IMAX and it's completely not what you're expecting, and awesome.
http://inagist.com/slashfilm/144988255555825664/ 3 more from slashfilm

FredTopel Fred Topel
DARK KNIGHT RISES footage amazing. Sets real world scene like the Joker bank robbery but crazier.

TheInSneider Jeff Sneider
Just saw The Dark Knight Rises prologue. It was great but main criticism will be that it's tough to understand Bane through the mask...

Variety & First Showing
"TDKR IMAX prologue was amazing. I didn't think he could, but I think Nolan has done it, he's made a movie to top TDK. Holy *beep* so good!!

There is Catwoman, Bane, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, it looks like everything I could've wished for and more. Nolan, such a brilliant filmmaker.

Aiden Gillen and Josh Stewart figure into the prologue but the whole things kicks off with Gordon talking about Harvey Dent.

New Bat logo is very cool! Prologue features some exciting acrobats. A must-see in IMAX format. Definitely worth seeking out those theaters. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...ews/?a=50909&a mp;a mp;a mp;t=First_Impressions_Of_The_TDKR_Prologue

hollyoutbreak Hollywood Outbreak
Just saw seven minutes of Dark Knight Rises on IMAX. Chris Nolan introduced clip. Bane fans wont be disappointed!

Alex Billington, First Showing
I didn't think I could like Anne Hathaway any more... but wow she looked stunning, even with cute cat ears!

portis24
12-10-2011, 07:20 PM
After presenting the IMAX prologue to The Dark Knight Rises the other night, the director and producer spouse team of Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas chatted one-on-one with IGN about their final Bat-film. The prologue is the action-packed introduction of TDKR's primary villain, Bane (played by Inception's Tom Hardy). We're issuing a slight spoiler warning, although it's probably nothing you haven't already learned if you've been following the film's production.

What's the deal with Bane's mask and skull-crushing methodology?!

IGN: Did you always want to introduce Bane sort of physically in the middle of an action sequence? I would imagine the first thought would be, "We'll introduce him in prison because that's what people associate him with." Can you talk about the genesis of how you wanted to introduce this character?

Christopher Nolan: Well, when you're thinking about opening a film you want you want to lead in a striking way and with a very striking number of character-driven views. So you're looking for a sequence that showcases this -- in the case of Bane -- his physicality and his aggression and devotion to his prize and this kind of thing. Those are all things that get wrapped up in there.

The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer

IGN: We know you selected Bane as the villain of this film because you wanted him to be a physical challenge for Batman. But he's a character that, frankly, I didn't really read up on until I heard that he was going to be in the movie. I knew that he was the guy who broke Batman's back, and that's kind of all I knew about him. But the more I read about him, the more I became kind of fascinated by him, that this is a guy who was raised in prison and all that. How much of that backstory, the elements that made him who he was, do you retain in the film? And if you don't, were you worried at all that that would be like getting rid of Bruce Wayne seeing his parents shot, that impetus for why he is who he is?

Nolan: Well, the liberating thing about dealing with a lesser known villain is you feel more creative freedom to embrace the elements of that character you feel can serve your story and ignore those that won't. But at the same time, we chose Bane because he has some very unique elements to who he is. As far as the emphasis to it in the film, I'm actually editing some right now, so you never quite know until it's done. But we certainly intend to do justice to it, to the character I've written and to the comics. And I think the significance of Bane, in our eyes, is his strength as an antagonist to Batman. Everything must serve that, including the nature of his past and how that will play into the story.

Did We Like The Dark Knight Rises IMAX Prologue?

IGN: Gary Oldman said the other day something about the Harvey Dent Act. Is there a "Harvey Dent Act," an actual piece of legislation, and what can you tell us about sort of the shape that Gotham is in when we pick up the story eight years later?

Nolan: Well, that's funny, I didn't read that. But there is a piece of legislation, and we are dealing with a Gotham that's moved on. In the last eight years, it has come to revere Harvey Dent in the way that Batman intended at the end of the last film.

IGN: In Dark Knight, Gordon and Batman make this spur-of-the-moment pact to lie and say about Dent, "He wasn't that guy (Two-Face)." Will we see the repercussion of that pact play out in this film?

Nolan: (smiles) I don't think I want to answer that question.

IGN: That's fair enough.

Continue on for our chat with producer Emma Thomas.

IGN: Can you talk about the idea to start with Bane already being Bane. We don't know how he got there, but --

Emma Thomas: And I think in some ways it's kind of fun. In The Dark Knight we did the same thing when we introduced the Joker, and he was in mid-heist. And it very much, if you remember, it very much gave you the sense of who the Joker was. And I think the same thing goes for this prologue. Bane is already doing his thing, and you can see that he's a brute. He's a smart brute, but some things -- there's a real grandeur.

- Warner Bros.

IGN: I know you guys have worked with Tom on Inception so were you already thinking about Dark Knight Rises and Bane when you were doing Inception? Were you looking at Tom like, "Oh yeah. That's our guy." At what point in the process did you say, "Tom should be Bane"?

Thomas: We already knew that Bane was the villain when we were shooting Inception. And actually as we were shooting, we did talk about how, wow, Tom would be perfect for Bane. We talked about that pretty early on. The issue that we had was that Tom was going to be doing another movie. He was committed to be in Fury Road, and we knew he wasn't available. So every conversation that we had about how Tom was perfect to be Bane was sort of tinged with regret because we knew he couldn't be. So as soon as we found out that that movie had pushed we approached him.

IGN: We saw a little bit of the sizzle reel there at the end of the prologue. Are those highlights from the upcoming trailer, or is that just stuff that only people are going to see if they come to this IMAX prologue?

Thomas: I'm trying to think. We have a great trailer coming out, and there are a couple of things in the prologue that are in the trailer. But there's a lot of the trailer that isn't in the prologue.

- Warner Bros.

IGN: At what point did you realize that you also wanted Catwoman to be in it? And were there any villains that you guys considered and cast aside? There was always speculation about Riddler.

Thomas: That's really a question for Chris in terms of who they thought of and tossed aside. In terms of the way the process works, even before went to start Inception, Chris and David Goyer had sat down and mapped out what the plot for what the story of this movie was going to be. And while we were shooting Inception, Jonah [Nolan], Chris's brother, was writing the script. So while we were shooting Inception, we knew exactly who the characters were. As for how they came up with who those characters were, that's a question for them.

http://i.imgur.com/4mz6X.jpg

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/6f/51/dark-knight-rises-bane-teaser-poster-405x600_3.jpg

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
‘Dark Knight Rises’: Christopher Nolan opens up about Bane choice

Dec. 12, 2011 | 3:43 p.m.
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/nolan1.jpeg(Alberto Pizzoli/AFP/Getty Images)

This post has been corrected, as indicated below
There’s nothing sentimental or soft about Gotham City, and that seems to suit Christopher Nolan just fine. The 41-year-old filmmaker fills the screen with grim architecture, hard-luck faces and gun-metal hues; tricks of the mind are his narrative specialty, not affairs of the heart. Still, last Thursday, eating his dinner standing up in a movie theater lobby, Nolan confessed that even he got a bit misty during the final shooting days of “The Dark Knight Rises,” which is (by all appearances) his final visit to the world of Batman.
“I tend not to be too emotional on the set, I find that doesn’t help me do my job,” the writer-director said between bites. “But you definitely get a little lump in your throat thinking that, ‘OK, this is going to be the last time we’re going to be doing this.’ It’s been quite a journey. Hopefully, reflecting that journey — by all of us who made the films — in the three films together will make it so they have a real span to them, some real heft.”
Principal photography on “The Dark Knight Rises” was completed in mid-November after an intense six-month shoot that took Nolan and his veteran crew to India, Scotland and the United States as well as Cardington, England, their home base, where Gotham landmarks are set up inside a massive and moldy, old zeppelin hangar. The movie hits theaters on July 20 but, of course, Nolan is far from finished. He took a break from the editing room last week only to show seven minutes of ”Rises” footage to journalists and bloggers; it’s the same seven-minute preview that, starting this Friday, moviegoers will be able to see as a special trailer before screenings of “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/06/mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-photos-tom-cruise-filming-stunts/)” at select IMAX theaters (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/02/dark-knight-rises-where-to-see-imax-preview-on-dec-16/).
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/the-dark-knight-rises.jpg?w=365&h=540For a vast tribe of movie fans, the taciturn Nolan is a figure of fascination and there’s a massive amount of interest in the finale of his Gotham trilogy, which so far has made $1.4 billion in worldwide box office, broke records in home video and generated hundreds of millions more in merchandise and licensing deals. Amateur and professional photographers dogged the ”Rises” production across the globe and every week brought new rumors about the film’s plot, characters, vehicles or costumes. Nolan doesn’t spend much time surfing the Internet (this is the guy who doesn’t have a cellphone or email account (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/12/08/christopher-nolan-hollywood-takes-too-many-shortcuts/)), but at a small reception after the Universal City press screening he said he welcomes the Bat-mania for what it represents.
“It’s terrific, to have people that interested in something. It reminds you that it is a real honor to work on something that means so much to people,” Nolan said. “I’d love to be able to claim that I invented the whole thing and that’s why they’re interested. I did not. I’ve been given a very precious thing to do my best with, to look after and not to let people down. There’s a certain amount of fear that comes with it and intimidation but it’s also a great privilege. [As for the fans], they want it to be great, they want to go enjoy it and they’re fascinated by it. You know, there’s always controversy regarding things that people will disagree with but hopefully they appreciate the effort of trying to make something good.”
That effort to be good brings back newly minted Oscar winner (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/2011/02/oscars-wins-for-supporting-actor.html) Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne and a supporting cast with Michael Caine, Marion Cotillard, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman — all Academy Award winners or nominees — and Gary Oldman who may soon be one. The screenplay, written by Nolan and his brother, Jonathan Nolan, is based on a story concept by the director and David S. Goyer, and it starts eight years after the final scene in 2008′s “The Dark Knight.” Bale has already confirmed (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/11/christian-bale-batman-the-dark-knight-rises.html) that this is his last time in the cape and, because of the film’s tag line, “The legend ends,” many fans are wondering if this movie will dare the unthinkable and actually kill off the caped crusader.
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dark-knight-rises-bane.jpg?w=600&h=375Tom Hardy as Bane (Warner Bros)

The preview trailer on “Ghost Protocol” will, no doubt, mark the beginning of a larger, intensified fan conversation about the movie. Warner Bros., which has already said goodbye to Hogwarts and “Harry Potter” this year, will try to fuel that fire and all of Hollywood is worried about the seasons ahead; it’s been a blue Christmas so far for the industry – the domestic box office for all releases this past weekend was $78 million, the lowest total since September 2008 — and it’s revealing that in the eyes of many fans the biggest movie event of this holiday season is the seven-minute preamble to a film that won’t reach theaters for another six months.
Nolan thinks big and IMAX is a part of that. The filmmaker loves IMAX and views it — and not stereoscopic 3D (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/06/13/christopher-nolan-inception-3d-dark-knight-hollywood/) – as today’s best approach to cinema spectacle and, as he put it last Thursday, the “grandeur of the movies.” He and his Oscar-winning cinematographer, Wally Pfister (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/12/08/inception-cinematographer-got-down-and-dirty-that-aint-no-cgi-dust/), again put up with the bulky, noisy IMAX cameras for some of the big action sequences in this third Batman film and Nolan said that if the edit of “Rises” goes as he expects, about 45 to 50 minutes of the finished film will have been shot with IMAX cameras.
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/bane-dc-comics-batman.jpg?w=364&h=540Bane breaks Batman in the comics mythology (DC Comics)

That’s about twice as much IMAX footage as the last Batman film, “The Dark Knight,” the highest-grossing film of 2008. It was four years ago this month that Nolan hosted a similar preview of “The Dark Knight” and showed the opening sequence of that film, the bank heist that introduced the world to Heath Ledger’s bold and searing take on the Joker. (That opening sequence was then shown, as a trailer, to moviegoers who saw “I Am Legend” at IMAX theaters.) This new “Rises” preview footage has some of the same rhythms of that now famous robbery scene from the second movie; both play with the ideas of masks and identity, both present modern takes on the classic double-cross and, most of all, they show villains with a flair for mind-blowing exit strategies.
The “Rises” opening sequence takes place mostly in the air; it shows hooded prisoners being transported on a CIA plane and it reveals that this film’s evil mastermind, Bane, played by Tom Hardy, is not to be underestimated no matter the setting or situation. The sequence required some intense aerial work for Nolan and company and, as always, the director’s emphasis was on in-camera effects and stunt work as opposed to the pixelated painting that is the norm in today’s computer-generated Hollywood.
“We had a lot of fun on it,” Nolan said. “It was a tricky sequence to shoot but a lot of very talented people worked very hard on it. And I’m thrilled with the result. We shot it in Scotland. We braved the weather — it rains all the time there, a terrible place to do an aerial sequence, which is why no one has sort of done it before. You usually wind up in the desert or something for very practical reasons. But it really came off. We got very lucky with the weather and a lot of good planning went into it. I think it had a very unique look.”
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/batman-4971.jpg?w=380&h=600Bane was still a new sensation in this 1993 comic book (DC Comics)

(It certainly had a unique sound — Hardy, behind his mask, was difficult to understand for many of the people at the press preview. It will be interesting to see how that changes between now and next summer’s delivery of the film. Nolan and his team can certainly play with the sound and recorded dialogue to clear up the metallic muddle.)
With Bane — a brawny, brutal genius with a fearsome masked visage — Nolan surprised many observers because in his previous films he veered toward the more time-tested end of Batman’s rogues gallery (in the pages of DC Comics, the Joker, Two-Face and Scarecrow all date to the early 1940s, as does Catwoman, who will be a supporting character and played by Hathaway in this new film). Bane, however, first appeared in the comics in 1993 as the creation of Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench and Graham Nolan (no relation to the filmmaker). The director said it was Goyer who provided him with a four-color education in Bane.
“I didn’t know him very well,” Nolan said. “David Goyer got me a bunch of stuff on him and we looked into him. I only knew him by name, I wasn’t familiar with his back story. He’s a very cool character. And getting an actor like Tom to take it on, you know you’re going to get something very special. Tom is somebody who really knows how to put character into every gesture, every aspect of his physicality in the way that great actors can. He’s a very, very physical actor. He transforms himself and it’s there in every movement. He’s not afraid to look at a character from the outside as well as the inside so there’s a deep psychological branch to the character but also a very, very specific awareness of how he’s going to use his body and his appearance to express that character too. Christian is like that too, very much.”
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/batman-begins.jpg?w=600&h=355"Batman Begins" started the trilogy in 2005 (Warner Bros.)

The big question: Will Bruce Wayne still be wearing the mask and cape of Batman at the end of the film? In the pages of DC Comics, in the landmark 1993-94 arc called “Knightfall,” the brutal and canny Bane waited for the hero to be at his weakest point in body and spirit before delivering a (literally) crippling blow. In that story, Batman’s snapped spine left him looking for a replacement; that and the fact that the new film has “Rise” in the title has stirred plenty of speculation (not unlike Alan Moore’s “V for Vendetta” epic or Lee Falk’s classic mythology for “The Phantom”) that a next-generation newcomer might inherit Wayne’s mask and the mission.
The addition of “Inception” co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the Gotham City cast as a young cop named John Blake certainly opens up some possible opportunities for a Batcave inheritance. N0lan is fine with all guessing games — again, it speaks to the fan passion — but don’t expect the cryptic filmmaker to offer any hints. He does say that he was searching for a story that would deliver a true finale and close out the trilogy in a powerful and definitive way. He also said that Bane will test the bone and muscle of Wayne with unprecedented savagery.
“With Bane, the physicality is the thing,” Nolan said. “With a good villain you need an archetype, you know, you need the extreme of some type of villainy. The Joker is obviously a particular archetype of diabolical, chaotic anarchy and has a devilish sense of humor. Bane, to me, is something we haven’t dealt with in the films. We wanted to do something very different in this film. He’s a primarily physical villain, he’s a classic movie monster in a way — but with a terrific brain. I think he’s a fascinating character. I think people are going to get a kick out of what we’ve done with him.”
http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/hardy1.jpegTom Hardy in "Inception." (Warner Bros. Pictures)

As for moving the action ahead eight years, Nolan said that it was a way to give true gravity to the events that were portrayed at the end of “The Dark Knight,” when Batman essentially took the blame for the crimes of Harvey Dent and became a fugitive from justice instead of a tacitly approved vigilante.
“It will make a lot more sense to people when they see the film,” Nolan said of the leap forward. “But it’s not a great mystery — it’s the jumping-off point for the film — but it’s hard for me to articulate it. I think the mood at the beginning of the film will make a lot of sense. If I had to express it thematically, I think what we’re saying is that for Batman and Commissioner Gordon, there’s a big sacrifice, a big compromise, at the end of the ‘The Dark Knight’ and for that to mean something, that sacrifice has to work and Gotham has to get better in a sense. They have to achieve something for the ending of that film — and the feeling at the end of that film — to have validity. Their sacrifice has to have meaning and it takes time to establish that and to show that, and that’s the primary reason we did that. It’s a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything — which I think would be distracting — but it gave them something to get their teeth into, particularly Christian in terms of [portraying] this guy who has been frozen in this moment in time with nowhere to go. He really has done an incredible job figuring out how to characterize that and express that.”
The true mystery is what Hollywood will make of Nolan — and vice versa — after he has truly left Gotham behind. Those are questions for another day but for the time being, the filmmaker seems pleased by the rare sensation of a sentimental journey: “It was pretty emotional as we would finish these characters and say goodbye to Alfred for the last time and say goodbye to Commissioner Gordon and eventually, with Christian, fairly close to the end, saying goodbye to Batman … it was a big deal,” Nolan said. “And with these newer characters too, finishing with Anne and all these guys. It was quite touching, I must say.”

MaskedAvenger
12-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Pretty cool because Knightfall was actually the first comic series I ever read. Anyway, this looks like it will be epic but tbh I thought TDK was mad overrated

portis24
12-13-2011, 11:43 PM
was going to post he the prologue video but got taken down before i could do it

portis24
12-14-2011, 07:35 AM
here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf16ItxEZ1o&feature=player_embedded

MaskedAvenger
12-14-2011, 09:03 AM
kool but i thought catwoman was shown

portis24
12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
^she is it's just hard to see in that video

portis24
12-14-2011, 10:50 PM
2nd theatrical trailer

http://www.hypable.com/batman/2011/12/14/video-low-quality-dark-knight-rises-trailer-2-hits-the-web/

TAURO
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Good quality bootleg trailer

Jv46RdLpO-c&feature

Be quick

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Good quality bootleg trailer

Jv46RdLpO-c&feature

Be quick

This video is no longer available due to a copyright...

http://www.studiodaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/560_darth.jpg

Has anyone else seen the prologue? It's pretty insane

12-17-2011, 06:04 PM
p-Z6bNqgpxw

12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Bane's voice... goddamn... that's gotta be the eeriest shit since Vader.

12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/7181480/img/Anonymous/330099-10151057651785389-746890388-22048222-694071.jpg

UNCLE RUCKUS
12-19-2011, 08:05 PM
GokKUqLcvD8

Jin10304
12-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah I see what everyones talking about, Banes voice is tough to hear. I only heard "time to die" or something. Nolan needs to fix this, I dont wanna spend the movie trying to decipher his words through his mask and maybe miss out on a important scene

Art Vandelay
12-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Batman truly is a super hero. He's the only one that can get Hines Ward a touchdown

12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I cant understand bane's voice either
there's just too much awesomeness in his voice to understand :D
LOL i love how they flipped it 2

12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
http://t.qkme.me/35jll0.jpg

IrOnMaN
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
GokKUqLcvD8

At 0:20, Bruce Wayne is walking with a cane. That's proof that Bane folded him like a piece of paper.

Yeah I see what everyones talking about, Banes voice is tough to hear. I only heard "time to die" or something. Nolan needs to fix this, I dont wanna spend the movie trying to decipher his words through his mask and maybe miss out on a important scene

In the trailer, Bane said, "When Gotham is ashes, you'll have my permission to die."

12-21-2011, 07:20 PM
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/Act6h.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/yfQkg.jpg

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-21-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm wondering if that second shot is in the Batcave...the cave has a waterfall in it, after all.

MaskedAvenger
12-21-2011, 11:39 PM
It looks the shot from inside the prison

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Lol didn't see the dudes in the corner...it still would be a sick moment in the film for a battered Batman to come back to the cave, hop out of the batmobile and have Bane standing there.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/220/801/Come%20At%20Me%20Bro%20Bane%20Batman%20The%20Dark% 20Knight%20Rises.jpg?1324512459

MaskedAvenger
12-22-2011, 12:42 AM
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/21173/batman%20lol.jpg

12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/488/v596f.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7939/darkknightrises20111201.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6996/darkknightrises20111206.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/39813L.jpg

12-22-2011, 04:23 PM
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images2/nov11/ntdkro/images/image0003.jpg

12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/28072/gotham_rogues_poker_night_by_darknight7-d43vexo.jpg

Jin10304
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
''At 0:20, Bruce Wayne is walking with a cane. That's proof that Bane folded him like a piece of paper.'' thats not proof of shit. u cant even tell thats Bruce from the shot as it only shows half the body from the waist down

IrOnMaN
12-23-2011, 04:23 PM
^It has to be Bruce Wayne! Think about it.

By the way, thanks for posting the pictures, HAQ. Tom Hardy should've buffed up more. I'm disappointed. Bane and Batman are like the same height. NOT GOOD!

Jin10304
12-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Could be an injured Alfred or Gordon, Gordon-Levitt, who knows....

IrOnMaN
12-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Could be an injured Alfred or Gordon, Gordon-Levitt, who knows....

I have a feeling that it's Bruce Wayne recovering from the Bane fight.

Does anyone know how long Bruce Wayne back was broken? Bane messed him up pretty bad, though.

Jin10304
12-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Its a while, he needs physical rehab and leaves the country entrusting the Batman persona over to Jean-Paul Valley. But from seeing the scene with Alfred & Bruce, this is also the movie where Alfred quits his job leaving Bruce (happends in Knightfall, but Nolan has said he is only taking certain elements from The Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall and No Man’s Land.

Jin10304
12-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I have a feeling that it's Bruce Wayne recovering from the Bane fight.

Does anyone know how long Bruce Wayne back was broken? Bane messed him up pretty bad, though.
There's papparazzi (sp?) footage of christian bale filming a scene walking the steps of Wayne Manor using a cane...so he definitely gets humiliated and brutalized...but he's still got gear in the closet that's stupid live. (from benetton rugby skullies to oshkosh jumpers)

in the comics, his back was broken for a while, until his physical therapist used her previously unseen psychokinetic powers to heal him, which caused her to mentally regress to a child-like level (horrible story)

Fatal Guillotine
12-26-2011, 06:06 PM
i was reading online were some of the fans were upset about the bane character...i would like to see this

IrOnMaN
12-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Its a while, he needs physical rehab and leaves the country entrusting the Batman persona over to Jean-Paul Valley. But from seeing the scene with Alfred & Bruce, this is also the movie where Alfred quits his job leaving Bruce (happends in Knightfall, but Nolan has said he is only taking certain elements from The Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall and No Man’s Land.

There's papparazzi (sp?) footage of christian bale filming a scene walking the steps of Wayne Manor using a cane...so he definitely gets humiliated and brutalized...but he's still got gear in the closet that's stupid live. (from benetton rugby skullies to oshkosh jumpers)

in the comics, his back was broken for a while, until his physical therapist used her previously unseen psychokinetic powers to heal him, which caused her to mentally regress to a child-like level (horrible story)

Wow! Thanks for the informaton, guys.

MaskedAvenger
12-28-2011, 11:03 PM
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/21173/nolan%20relax%20noob.jpg

Bobby_Digital72
12-29-2011, 01:07 AM
lol.. that bane pix with the spotlight over him is sik!

IrOnMaN
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Wasn't Dick (Robin) referred to as 'young Ward' by Batman? Check the trailer and you'll see what I'm talking about.

BrooklynKing
01-19-2012, 06:15 AM
yes you are right I think he was referred to as that. But I cant seem to open the link to the trailer so I am not sure. huge batman fan, cant wait to see the next one

Everybody should check out this website where I bought clothes from Timberland

RADIOACTIVE MAN
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
I just couldn't beat my urge to stay away from this thread.........

01-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Joey King Drops MAJOR Spoiler About THE DARK KNIGHT RISES! (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieMaster/news/?a=53081)

Jin10304
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
LOL Nolan tried lying to the public when he said Marion's character was a completely original idea of his & not tied to Ras al Ghul

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
well, her operating under the "Miranda Tate" and working for Bruce Wayne is an original idea, so he only 1/2 lied lol

oDoUoSoKo
01-19-2012, 11:27 PM
HAQ how can you peep all this shit about the movie and not feel like ur spoiling the experience of watching it when it drops; clearly ur a huge fan

01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
I just can't help it, i have to know, now:). It won't spoil the experience for me, just like it didn't with TDK, which i saw and was overwhelmed by 3 times when it dropped (2 times for BB, but didn't have web access then). Talk about bein' a fanatic. Since '89, baby:b.

01-24-2012, 02:32 PM
!!!SPOILER!!!Another news concerning THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!!!SPOILER!!! (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=53360)

IrOnMaN
01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
^That's what's up!

01-24-2012, 04:19 PM
BATMAN, BANE AND CATWOMAN FEATURED IN THE DARK KNIGHT RISES TOY LINE (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169327-batman-bane-and-catwoman-featured-in-the-dark-knight-rises-toy)

01-27-2012, 01:59 PM
High-Res Photos Of Previously Seen THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Busts And Statues! (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NerdyGeek/news/?a=53567)
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/40939L.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/40938L.jpg

01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/Kaiser0929/que5/sneeze_dat_ass.jpg

Jin10304
01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
I still hate Catwomans costume

01-29-2012, 09:45 AM
New Batman Image Revealed in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Merchandise (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=53673#comments)
http://i.imgur.com/S2UYs.jpg

main_man
01-29-2012, 02:44 PM
i kinda like the catwoman suit.

but we all know that hathaway chick does not have an ass like that. lol

01-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't. I hope she does*D

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-01-2012, 12:39 AM
9RAE-BKK03E

whoa... shit, bros.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-01-2012, 04:26 AM
definitely going to watch this

daffy duck
05-01-2012, 05:17 AM
I love Anne Hathaway.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
FLmZ2v49yoLfAGzvVcIetrRw

I just creamed all my pants b

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-01-2012, 02:48 PM
now that looks fucking dark

TAURO
05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
The trailer didn't really do much for me but then none of the trailers for Nolan's films ever did. Im convinced it's going to be sick based on track record but the trailer was just so so.

IrOnMaN
05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
The trailer looks absolutely amazing! I love the part when Batman emerging from the darkness to meet Gordon. I wonder what went down.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-02-2012, 10:32 AM
one of my friends is convinced batman will die and that joseph gordon leavitt becomes batman at the end.

he's starting to sway me, although i'm thinking JGL will die in this (possibly gordon and lucius fox as well)...i would hate that, i feel like we may end up with batman faking his own death a la "dark knight returns"

RADIOACTIVE MAN
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I predict boatman death in this one too...from the way the trailer looks

oDoUoSoKo
05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
u mean planeman^

IrOnMaN
05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
one of my friends is convinced batman will die and that joseph gordon leavitt becomes batman at the end.

he's starting to sway me, although i'm thinking JGL will die in this (possibly gordon and lucius fox as well)...i would hate that, i feel like we may end up with batman faking his own death a la "dark knight returns"

Nolan is unpredictable but then again....

05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
*goosebumps
I feel like Batman's gon die from the dialog where he says he didn't give them all yet.

IrOnMaN
05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't believe that Bats will die simply because it wouldn't fit the title of the film. Nolan stated in an interview that once people see the movie, people'll understand why the film is titled Dark Knight Rises. Batman gets knock down and then gets back up.

05-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Batman is a symbol, so even if Wayne dies, someone else can pick up his mantle (Batman Beyond), so...

IrOnMaN
05-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Batman is a symbol, so even if Wayne dies, someone else can pick up his mantle (Batman Beyond), so...

I understand.

MaskedAvenger
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/13523269/funny-Val-Kilmer-fat-Batman_large.jpg

05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
lotta new shit dropped over the last couple of days (posters, banners, tv spots etc.) and most of ya'll prolly seen it, but check this ridiculous shit out:
eJ2OuDUw8gg
lol never understood the idea of dubbing a movie - the Germans do it, the French do it (couple of others prolly 2) and don't see how much they're failing...

main_man
05-31-2012, 10:53 PM
brand new trailer with what looks like mostly all new footage.
jXVoDmHbjVc

IrOnMaN
06-03-2012, 01:26 PM
There will be a Dark Knight Rises sneak peek on the MTV awards today FYI.

06-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Waitin' 4 some bootleg footage to hit the net cause it won't be available on-line afterwards;( Was also thinking about the ending: maybe Batman will brake his 1 rule and kill Bane, who knows... Nolan & co. said Bane can't live without the mask...
Interesting read:
Has a thread on IMDb revealed basically everything about TDKR? POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILERS (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/batman_the_dark_knight_rises/news/?a=60742)

MaskedAvenger
06-03-2012, 03:50 PM
that shit sounds fake as anything to me, too much of his 'spoilers' revolved around things in the trailer which to me is a dead giveaway

Jin10304
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah but nowadays usually you can have a pretty acurate picture of how a movie will play out because they release SO MUCH info, pics & videos from the movie it wouldnt surprise me.

IrOnMaN
06-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Did anybody catch it?

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-03-2012, 11:30 PM
yeah it seemed fake
dude said alfred dies, batman dies...both of which seems plausible, but he also says nothing of catwoman, jgl's or marion cotillard's characters...and uses terminology that would inidcate that he is lying about working in film

also he said that batman tries to kamikaze his plane into bane but crashes and bane pulls him out of the wreckage and that's when they start fighting in daylight...when the trailer shows that's not what happens.

seems bogus.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-03-2012, 11:43 PM
http://batman-news.com/2012/05/25/exclusive-the-dark-knight-rises-footage-debut-mtv-movie-awards/

IrOnMaN
06-04-2012, 09:01 AM
http://themoviebox.net/1240

This is the MTV DKR sneak peek.