PDA

View Full Version : New Banger - My 1st beat using the M-Audio Oxygen 25

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
10-27-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.box.net/shared/ppyu4oygdq

Made with Reason 4.0 and chops on Recycle!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/theyard2006/IMAG0026.jpg

cutn' heads
10-28-2010, 07:48 AM
thats pretty tight dude. i kept waiting for a big breakdown/change and i never got it though. still a real nice track. i dig it.

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
10-28-2010, 02:02 PM
thats pretty tight dude. i kept waiting for a big breakdown/change and i never got it though. still a real nice track. i dig it.

Thanks for the feed on this one. I've had the Oxygen for a few days now and the beats will get more complex as I become more familiar with it.

Sinapse
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the feed on this one. I've had the Oxygen for a few days now and the beats will get more complex as I become more familiar with it.

You had some really good shit going when you were making those 404 tapes and the MPD tapes around the same time...since then it seems like you are just experimenting with diff softwares and equipment...idk man I think you would be better off just focusing on one set up and being creative b/c your beats have kinda fallen off as you get mired with all this new gear and software all the time. Just being honest.

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
You had some really good shit going when you were making those 404 tapes and the MPD tapes around the same time...since then it seems like you are just experimenting with diff softwares and equipment...idk man I think you would be better off just focusing on one set up and being creative b/c your beats have kinda fallen off as you get mired with all this new gear and software all the time. Just being honest.

Appreciate the honesty, but I guess u and I see things differently when it comes to production. Keeping it diverse has helped me expand different sounds and to hear things the way I never had before. The truth is my set up never really changed. Everything I do with software is on the MPD unless I'm on my laptop. FL Studio and Reason are the 2 main pieces of software I have used for and since I did all my MPD/SP tapes. The 2500 was just a bonus cause my homie is in transition with his living arrangements and needed a place to leave it. Plus I had a 1000 for 5 years, so it feels like home.

SKAMPOE
10-28-2010, 03:40 PM
this is a bangin sound irie.... rly feeling ur video sig too, ya cats ROCK

Sinapse
10-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Appreciate the honesty, but I guess u and I see things differently when it comes to production. Keeping it diverse has helped me expand different sounds and to hear things the way I never had before. The truth is my set up never really changed. Everything I do with software is on the MPD unless I'm on my laptop. FL Studio and Reason are the 2 main pieces of software I have used for and since I did all my MPD/SP tapes. The 2500 was just a bonus cause my homie is in transition with his living arrangements and needed a place to leave it. Plus I had a 1000 for 5 years, so it feels like home.

I think we all see things differently, that goes without saying...you def don't have to explain yourself I was just telling what I thought since I have heard your work over the timeline...you can write it off as different thinking or put it to use - that is up to you.

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
10-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I think we all see things differently, that goes without saying...you def don't have to explain yourself I was just telling what I thought since I have heard your work over the timeline...you can write it off as different thinking or put it to use - that is up to you.

Word.

Sinapse
10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Word.

Cool...honestly I didn't really articulate myself that well it's not like your beats really "fell off"...you been working and your joints are dope it's just that I thought you had a nice signature sound developing during that time I referred too and it felt like you got away from that - but you prob study yourself a lot more that I study your sound so I wasn't trying to tell you what you should do - didn't mean to come off that way.

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Cool...honestly I didn't really articulate myself that well it's not like your beats really "fell off"...you been working and your joints are dope it's just that I thought you had a nice signature sound developing during that time I referred too and it felt like you got away from that - but you prob study yourself a lot more that I study your sound so I wasn't trying to tell you what you should do - didn't mean to come off that way.

All gravy. Definitely know what u were trying to say before though cause I do strive to find one piece of equipment that I can be completely comfortable with. It's just alot of trial and error to get the sound I want.

SKAMPOE
10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
duke puts out like 6 beat tapes a month all banging, his werk ethic alone gets applauded by PCP
and he emcees!!!!

not ridin dick just givin props where is due...