PDA

View Full Version : Lets Get Ready To Rumble!!!!

Visionz
10-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Ayite my fellow warriors, this is where it all goes down. We've got 16 emcees ready to spew venom and prove that they got what it takes to call themselves THE Champ of the Wu-Tang corp. I'm the host and organizer on this one and this is the rules for round#1. Every participant is required to vote on all battle besides their own, only fellow tournament contestants votes count. Since that's 14 votes up in the air for a round a emcee must get 8 votes to advance, in the case of an even split, the battle moves to a 4-line overtime battle with emcees trading off on who goes first based on the intial verse until a winner is decided. I ask that for those going second in a round that you limit the builds to two, and hopefully do away with 'em all together. I will deduct a vote if I feel the building is excessive.

As far as voting, I encourage everyone to explain and give feedback with your votes at the same time no one is required to do any more than give a name for the vote to count. Any whining or complaining over a vote will get you a vote deducted. Let's all conduct ourselves as adults, and take our losses knowing you put the best you had. As long as you don't cheat yourself w/ half-steppin, no one here loses.

Now for the brackets......I have divided the brackets into two groups of eight, which I'm going to call for lack of a better term east and west. The matchups of each round where drawn, literally, from out of a hat. The matchup everyone received, save for Potent1 vs Genius Allah (work that hate where yall should) is completely random. I did place these individual battles w/ the hopes of evening out the brackets as much as possible. I flipped a coin for each bracket, if yours was the first name I drew and you got heads, you drop first, if tails you go second. And it's as simple as that. Since I told everyone that the brackets wouldn't be out until Saturday morning, everyone in the battle will have until Wednesday to post a verse. Please vote on 'em asap so that we can keep things movin' along as quickly as possible. I'll set up individual threads for each battle. Each one will have this (BTBTB) next to the name. I'm about to unviel the brackets. just post any questions you may have here in public and I'll respond.peace and good luck to all involved.

Visionz
10-14-2005, 02:49 AM
all right here it is, if you got an * by your name you drop first......

EASTERN ALL-STARS

*Whatradio?__________

winner faces winner Tribe vs Phenix

Pale Kris_____________

*T-ribe_______________

Phenix_______________

*Unseen______________

Winner faces Jamel vs KingShyt

$inista_______________

*Jamel the Phrophet_____

KingShyt______________

WESTERN ALL-STARS

Teknickel Styles_________

Winner faces Potent1 vs Genius Allah

*the God Concept_______

*Potent1_____________

Genius Allah___________

*RockD______________

winner faces LL vs Charging Soldier

B.a.r.n_______________

*Luther Large_________

Charging Soldier________

Visionz
10-14-2005, 03:16 AM
sorry for the shitty-looking bracket,harder to set up than I thougt it would be. All the threads are up and are ready for posting.....may the best emcee win.peace

TeknicelStylez
10-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Iight Iight... Finally someone who knows what the fuck they doing organizing something productive lol.

Visionz
10-14-2005, 06:24 AM
hahahah, yeah man, when all is said and done there's gonna be 15 severed heads on the floor. I'm not just throwin a verse up neither, nothing but the A-game for every verse I drop. c-yall in there, keep ya head on tight lmao.

RockD
10-14-2005, 11:40 AM
can we can post a verse on the lst day right , so how long do the 2nd person got to respond if its the last day when i post?

Grim Reapa
10-14-2005, 02:50 PM
This is gonna be ma fuckin tight

Ma name is Grim Reapa Unseen

Visionz
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
^whoever is droppin last should be gettin a verse together regardless, if you're not concentrating on waiting to build off the first verse this shouldn't be a problem. The bottom line is that both verses should be posted and ready for votes by Weds next week, regardless of who's going first..........^I'll get your name changed on the threads, but please stick w/ that one for the remainder of the tourney, lol. peace yall

TeknicelStylez
10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm taking my time I don't give a fuck

Visionz
10-14-2005, 03:25 PM
^I would reccomend it. Afterall if this is a battle to be the best, might as well craft ya verses to bring ya best, just the way I see it.

Luther Large
10-14-2005, 03:32 PM
yo i reallly really insist that there should be 2 verses for each emcee in this 1st round

why? becuz this way the man who goes second has no real advantage

and if emcees have to drop two each the best man will win

i already posted my verse cuz i dont have two weeks for this tourney

so eric pleez take my thot into consideration

(instead of dropping 1 long verse each.......we could drop 2 shorter 1's)

Visionz
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
^can I get some feedback from everyone else in the tournament on this one. I originally had a single verse for the first round just cause of the # of emcees in it, but I can defintely see the merit in having two verses and the build-law removed.....let me know what yall think, peace

TeknicelStylez
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm dropping first and I don't give a fuck I do noooooot wanna go 2 rounds.

Fuck building... me shits on emcees.

Luther Large
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm dropping first and I don't give a fuck I do noooooot wanna go 2 rounds.

Fuck building... me shits on emcees.
why not it would take just as much time as dropping 1 verse except you do 2 shorter verses

and it would make the tourney more fair cuz i dont wanna take the chance on losin just becuz the other emcee had an advantage on me..............

any1 here can be beatin.....so if i face an emcee who is on an equal skill level with me and i lose to him and the only reason i lose is becuz he got to build more

see what i'm sayin it makes more sense to go 2 rounds

Grim Reapa
10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
i think there should be one verse this round

save the best shit

for like the middle and the end or it'll get played out quick yo

TeknicelStylez
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Building is not an advantage, what? It gives you a little step up ok... but the emcee building off you still has to beat you lyrically, in wich case he was a better emcee to begin with, I like going first because you can intimidate the opponent. Just shadowbox, drop a solid ass verse that you think is fool proof and can't be fucked with.

2 shorter verses? This cuts into your ability to express yourself, I find myself getting into a roll than having to stop when the verses are shorter na mean?

Visionz
10-14-2005, 04:46 PM
and lets not forget that you can get deducted a vote for excessive building, usually just a name is enough for some character assassination, thought you did a good job of this in the verse ya dropped..........I'm still taking feedback on the two verse deal, not trying to be a nazi w/ this shit but sofar 2 rounds is down 2-1....keep the feedback going thou I'd like to hear more opinions on it.peace

$inista
10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I like the 1 verse deal dont like that build bull shit much
i think of that as a life line fuck that bring it straight "ride or die" shit nah mean, make pass the first 2 rounds then you get life lines or another "build" whatever you wanna call it

I personally like it totaly blind so both emcees dont see each others verse untill it gets posted, it builds more suspence and the other emcees dosent build off of your verse its each persons own raw tought & talent
for example both emcces pm,s you then you will post them for both emcees
but hey you said the rules I'm gonna play rules or no rules I dont give a fuck

Visionz
10-14-2005, 05:39 PM
it's not a bad idea^ might do that for the following rounds but I already laid 'em out for this round and I don't wanna keep changing it up on everyone....on another note I think excessive building is wack and should be frowned up when people vote but that's still up to the people. Off to school for now, keep the feedback coming and I'll respond later on tonight.peace

Grim Reapa
10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
man im workin to get another shot at unseen

T-ribe
10-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Yo lets all just play by the rules set forth, and any problems we encounter this tourney, we can impliment in the next one. Everything Unseen had stated as far as rules go sounds legit to me. We just need to stay on top of the votes, and bet!everything will run smooth.

Ballad Ballistik
10-14-2005, 08:57 PM
i think eric got this down tight ...
the best organization ive seen here yet .
as far as a competion goes..
some have tried and failed...
but dont change rules..
continue to do as you will..
dont second guess the outline...
you got this far dont let some heads ...
sway this off coarse..
you put down the rules on this...
love it or leave it...
you will always have the other side of a coin..
if they dont like it..... then dont join..
now lets get ready to scorn..
i cant wait to read these battles...
next tourn i will be ready..

RockD
10-14-2005, 09:59 PM
i flow on the spot no writen then come back and post it that prob wy i dont win many but i aint changing, i feel that if its some like a freestyle wut do u need prep for?

RockD
10-14-2005, 10:00 PM
^^^ oopa i was respondin to tek and unseen in the first page lol

$inista
10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
i flow on the spot no writen then come back and post it that prob wy i dont win many but i aint changing, i feel that if its some like a freestyle wut do u need prep for?lol haha that sounds like an excuse 4 I suck
jus fucken wit you mang

Visionz
10-14-2005, 11:39 PM
^everything you read from me is straight off the top up to this point,spelling,extra words and all. Im just taking the extra effort to make sure the verse is on point. peace

$inista
10-14-2005, 11:42 PM
man im workin to get another shot at unseenyou gotta get pass potent1 first doggy:loser:

Grim Reapa
10-14-2005, 11:43 PM
word me two cept when i aint feelin the flow and write a short verse

then i erase it and freestyle

edit-keystyle

Visionz
10-15-2005, 05:52 AM
you gotta get pass potent1 first doggy

and then some, he'd actually have to win his whole bracket.......Are you the gambling type homie?lol

RockD
10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
lol haha that sounds like an excuse 4 I suck
jus fucken wit you mang
LMAO u know wat :fucku:

Visionz
10-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Potent1 vs Genius Allah is finished, if ya in the comp ya need to go post ur votes, peace

Eddy
10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
yo wtf man nex turney let me know man.

Visionz
10-15-2005, 11:12 PM
^I was taken entries for almost a week homie, guess there's always next time

Potent1
10-16-2005, 03:35 AM
yeah eric brought the fire... i was like DIAACHEEE!

lol...

Visionz
10-16-2005, 03:49 AM
i was like DIAACHEEE!

gotta admit, I have no idea what that word means

RockD
10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
we are not doin g this 1 st n 2nd in the second rnd are we? cause if we are who goes first?

TeknicelStylez
10-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Diachee probably what sounds like Tu che? I'm guessing.