PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Beats

Brigante
11-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Sup Fam.

I just wanted to get some feedback from y'all on couple beats I've made,these are my first attempts from a few months back so you could definitely hear they need touch ups in all areas etc But I found em in stash and wondered what feedback y'all could give me? All criticism and advice is welcome.

http://soundcloud.com/james-brooks

P.E.A.C.E

Poison Flowerz!
11-14-2010, 06:36 AM
I liked Pacifican Descendants & Mardi Gras

you have a dope sample choice, reminds me of Bronze Nazareth

some of your drums sound too artificial for my taste, I would add some reverb to them to make them sound more authentic

lex luthah
11-14-2010, 08:44 AM
PEACE
ya i have to agree with poison=fat ass samples its just the drums u got to work on..Pacifican Descendants and token village is dope...

some of my stuff is here....www.myspace.com/mindbendah
let me kno what u think

WWW.LEXLUTHAH.COM

Professor Poopsnagle
11-14-2010, 08:52 AM
I think the drums are great. It's just two songs where the drums don't really fit. The samples are dope too, good stuff.

StoneMessiah
11-14-2010, 09:01 AM
word good stuff brigante ever need someone to rock a beat holler
to check out my music http://www.reverbnation.com/stonemessiah

Brigante
11-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I liked Pacifican Descendants & Mardi Gras

you have a dope sample choice, reminds me of Bronze Nazareth

some of your drums sound too artificial for my taste, I would add some reverb to them to make them sound more authentic

Ayo thanks for your feedback,I appreciate it! As I said I'm just sorta getting up and going with the beat thing so yeah I agree that need to work on effects/mixing side of things and hopefully when I can get some equipment to work with I can nurture that side of things. Just have a PC and Padkontrol y'all hahahaha And a shitload of samples to mess with!

Which drums on which beats are you talking about? Just so I have an idea to adjust and see where I can make improvements!

Thanks again man.

P.E.A.C.E

Brigante
11-14-2010, 02:51 PM
PEACE
ya i have to agree with poison=fat ass samples its just the drums u got to work on..Pacifican Descendants and token village is dope...

some of my stuff is here....www.myspace.com/mindbendah
let me kno what u think

Thanks for the feedback,appreciate it. Like I said in my reply to Poison,could you let me know which drums on which beats you think I could make some improvements on? I'd like to know so for future I know where I can make changes and improvements where needed.

I had a listen to your stuff and yeah shit is dope cuz. Got a nice gritty feel to some of your tracks. Respect

I think the drums are great. It's just two songs where the drums don't really fit. The samples are dope too, good stuff.

Peace Lex,thanks for the feedback,appreciate it. Which two songs do you think the drums don't fit? Just like to get an idea,if it's the same as everyone else then I know I can make some improvements for future etc Yo I love old samples and I've got shitloads in my stash to fuck with so that's my adrenaline rush right there.

Much respect for the advice.

GameOfDeath
11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Beats are really dope. The variations on the drum game is fire that's always something hard for me to do. Feelin the sampling too.

TeknicelStylez
11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
what are you using for your drum source? Digital or Analog... if digital i would reccomend at least getting a mpd and cutting some live drums.

i really like the beats alot though man they're tough

Brigante
11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Yo GameOfDeath thanks a lot for your feedback and opinion,much appreciated. I'm still finding my feet so all this advice is good to hear.

Brigante
11-14-2010, 04:35 PM
what are you using for your drum source? Digital or Analog... if digital i would reccomend at least getting a mpd and cutting some live drums.

i really like the beats alot though man they're tough

I really don't have much of a setup at all?! I have a PC,Fast Track Pro Audio interface and a Korg Padkontrol Midi Controller I use for my drums and sample chops.

I have a whole bunch of old samples on vinyl,cassette,cd and on hard drives so I thought one day I wanted to have a go at making my own beats to rhyme too....Cause I got fed up of producers sending me wack beats I didn't like and shit hahahaha At least this way if I don't like them or they're wack and shit then I only got myself to look at and blame!

Thanks man for your positive feedback though,I know you get a lot of respect around here for your beat construction so I appreciate the words of encouragement.

Caper
11-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice good work on the beats

Brigante
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks Caper,respect for the props! Been digging through what's sitting up in the stash so I will be putting up a few more to see what y'all think!

P.E.A.C.E

duotone
11-18-2010, 03:55 AM
i`d like to get some feedback too...
im into sampling for about a year or sumtn...
tips would be nice...
i use reason4 with an mpd24...

thx

http://www.myspace.com/2ndkillah
http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne