PDA

View Full Version : God/Christ-consciousness

GTAsoldier
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.yhwh.com/Thoughts/thought_51.htm

Something to ponder about to those who are interested. I did not write this piece, I just wanted to hear your opinion on the subject matter.

Behold...

A Bible Study in God Consciousness
Introduction

I don't do many Bible Studies, at least according to the usual meaning of the term. And even deeply Biblical discussions (like Jesus' death & resurrection) I spare the chapter & verse quotes. Why?

* I know it frankly bores most people.
* Almost inevitably you get involved in what I call the Conjugation Argument...With "regular" ideas, even if they are religious and Biblical, you can present your material and get on with it...But quoting the Bible seems to bring out the worst in people(!), and rather than focusing on the meaning a purpose of what's written the discussion devolves into the proper translation and conjugation of ancient verb forms...Uck!
* Then there's the whole point of view thing. For many today in the Bible world, if you are not willing to swear to all that is holy that you know in the pit of your soul that each and every single word and verb form is completely, totally, 100% literally and scientifically true, then they call you a Satanist and ignore the points you are presenting. Such is the state of Bible discussion in America today. And, again, I quite elegantly say, "Uck!"

But I have decided to violate "company policy" here...perhaps more in the future. Why?

* This is a really, REALLY important topic. I have never been more earnest when I say we are charting a course toward a word-wide transformation of human consciousness. I will use every tool at my disposal to do that.
* Many have written telling me they are getting into Bible study now, at least in part through the ministry offered here.
* The Bible is SOOO COOOL! Yes, it has gotten a lot of bad press, and has been abused, and contains things trapped inside of its own cultural history that makes it really hard for today's modern person to deal with...But SO DOES SHAKESPEARE! And in the last couple of years alone Hollywood has made several modern movies based on Shakespearean plays.
* The Bible, properly understood, really is a delightful, precious, beautiful, glorious Picture of God, and the transformation of the human soul.

I realize there are several topics that really should be covered, and if I live long enough I will do so. They include:

The history of the Bible, where it came from...what got voted in, what was left out, and why. This was not written as a textbook or mathematical treatise.

The source of its documents...Folks, when the authors wrote this stuff they had no idea they were penning "Scripture."

The historical contexts the different documents were written in....that does have a lot to do with properly understanding it all....I mean, unless you have a basic understanding of the theater of his day, Shakespeare's stage directions are totally useless(!)

An overview of primary themes and how they all relate.

In short, The Church of Yahweh presents "A Guide to the Bible for the Modern Mind". OK...some day...Maybe.

So, we will have to skip all that for now...There's important work to be done.
The Briefest Overview of The Bible's "Plot" I Can Give

The Self-Existent God, Named Ahyh Asr Ahyh, I Will Be What I Will Be, aka YHWH, creates out of Himself the entire universe, and everything is perfectly good, including mankind. (The Eternal Ocean evaporates into little raindrops.)

Man eats from the Fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, separating his consciousness from all that is good, and begins to live as a small, self-willed, ego-filled self-made-man. (The little raindrops forget there's an Ocean.)

YHWH does a lot of work, setting up covenants, talking to people about the pain they are causing themselves, giving commandments (raindrop owner's manual), that type of thing.

He comes to the earth in bodily form, to talk to people one-on-one...about how lost they are...about getting their lives together...That they can change, be born to a new life, and discover Christ living inside of them. (We really are, after all, all made-up of the same Ocean water.)

That's the best I can do.

Now, to the point at hand.
Remember what specifically we are talking about:

The whole thing (your life, the Bible, the history of humanity, everything) can be seen as a journey from the

small, limited, ego-filled, hateful, sin-state of human (aka raindrop) consciousness

to the

large, limitless, egoless, loving, bliss-state of God (aka Ocean) consciousness.

(I presented this in #48, States of Consciousness.)
These are the Bible passages that directly address this issue.

All quotations are from The Holy Bible, New International Version.
Opening Prayer

Ephesians 1:18-19

I pray that:

the eyes of your heart may be enlightened,

in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you,

the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

This whole religion thing is real. It's not just about believing and arguing and going to the pot-lucks on Wednesday night. It is about enlightenment, knowledge, hope, inheritance, and great power!

And that is my prayer, that through this you, and indeed the entire planet, can begin to comprehend your inheritance and destiny.
Repentance as Transformed Consciousness

Matthew 4:7

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

So, we start right-off with a problem...Like I said, proper translations and all...The fact is that the word "Repent" nowadays has all of these religious overtones...In Jesus' day, the word that he spoke meant to the people hearing it, "Change your thinking!" It is not just a matter of changing your actions, but all of your being, renewed from the inside-out, starting with your thinking.

That's what we see in the next passage...

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Christ And God Are In You

1 Corinthians 2:11-16

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: 16 “For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

The mind of Christ, which is equated with the mind of God, lives in you!!!!

Folks, that one verse, that one idea, if true, means quite simply that we are not what we think we are, and we do not live in the world we think we do!!! The Mind Of Christ lives in us!!!

And what is that? Read this...This explains just what this Mind Of Christ is:

Colossians 1:13-19

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him.

We are talking about the source and origin of the entire universe. The fullness of God Himself is in Christ, That is the Entire Universe, and that mind is INSIDE OF YOU!

1 Corinthians 3:16

Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?

2 Corinthians 13:5

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

In the next passage Paul goes so far as to say that his small "I", the limited, ego-self is gone entirely. As raindrop, he recognizes he is nothing more than a channel for the Ocean to pour through...And after all, isn't that the whole point? We praise the radio program, not the radio!

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Note the important phrase "crucified with Christ." That's the entire point of Christian theology...It is NOT enough to "believe" that Jesus died or did anything...The Christian message consists in being United with Him, that His life, death & Resurrection become ours, and with it, everything that He Is!

Galatians 3:27

for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Here we learn that Christ in you is the mystery of all ages, now revealed!

Colossians 1:25-27

I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Philippians 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Philippians 2:13

For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

God is in you, dear friend. This is not New Age, but the Ancient Proclamation.

Your life is not about being you.
Your Destiny

You will eventually know as much about God as God knows about you...That's what it means to have God Consciousness:

1 Corinthians 13:12

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Eventually, this Mind of Christ that lives in embryo will grow to fill us entirely, and Christ is formed fully in us:

Galatians 4:19

My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you...

This, frankly, is just about my favorite verse in the entire Bible...It shows that our destiny, our true calling, where we are going, the REAL purpose of our life, is to have that same infinite glory that is in God Himself through Christ:

1 Peter 5:10

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

How We Get From Here To There

Ephesians 3:14

For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

The pathway to God Consciousness and the fullness of Christ is clear...Leave the old, small-self behind and, born-again, live as the True, Real, New You:

Ephesians 4:17-24

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more. You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Ephesians 5:1

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children

Colossians 3:9

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Our small, limited local / national views are gone, replaced with a Universal View:

Colossians 3:11

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

That's the final word, Faith. NOT (Please, DEAR GOD!!!) as needing to believe whatever the silly idea-of-the-month is, but as the living, breathing, tangible pathway from

small to large,

illusion to real,

sinner to saint,

raindrop to Ocean.

P.E.A.C.E. and blessings

- GTA

Sense-A
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for posting this. Its relevant in these times of egocentrism and religious persecution. People talk about Christianity these days as if its a bad thing. It seems that its cool to hate christians and its cool to hate your own country. Just a lot of hatred going around. People hating just to try to fit in with the other haters.

Dokuro
11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Lucifer offered us the fruit from the tree of knowledge so we may gain a better understating of science and reason instead of living by Yahweh strict rule we can take this world by our own hand and be free of Yahweh tyranny and Lucifer asked for nothing in return ou sacrificed ous self being striped of beauty and rank in-order to give us the opportunity to gain true peace and freedom in opposed of Yahweh forced servitude and loyalty

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101261

http://www.evilbible.com/

zooruka
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Lucifer asked for nothing in return

yeah nothing.......

"Except your soul and eternal happiness".

peace

Dokuro
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
yeah nothing.......

"Except your soul and eternal happiness".

peace
Lucifer give us the choice nothing more because he gave us that choice god sent ou's army a stopped Lucifer revolution now ou is imprisoned in the bowels of the abyss locked in the body of the angle Satan with all others who choose not to follow Yahweh the souls of sinners do not go to my lord for ou is punished along side them

Lucifer crime is in-steeling the dream of freedom into the people

Lucifer teaches all you can do is plaint the seed the idea only can true obtain freedom and peace who no one else can give you

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-21-2010, 08:22 PM
The Snake is not the enemy of the Most High.

The Snake or Serpent Power/Kundalini/Qi/Ra is the animating (animal) force. It is the force that drives our desires, hence the "knowledge of good and evil".

It must be balanced with the eating of the fruit of the Tree of Life in order to realize our divinity.

HETEPU

Dokuro
11-21-2010, 09:28 PM
you are correct Sr
but it was Yahweh that said knowledge is the enemy

Dokuro
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
as far as i'm concerned they started it
http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu91/cphansen/religion/Ann_Coulter.png
http://schooloffish.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/free_thinker.jpg

Dokuro
11-21-2010, 09:37 PM
oh and Jesus is a lier

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

http://www.evilbible.com/images/evil_bible_banner.jpg (http://www.evilbible.com/)

zooruka
11-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Lucifer give us the choice nothing more because he gave us that choice god sent ou's army a stopped Lucifer revolution now ou is imprisoned in the bowels of the abyss locked in the body of the angle Satan with all others who choose not to follow Yahweh the souls of sinners do not go to my lord for ou is punished along side them

Lucifer crime is in-steeling the dream of freedom into the people

Lucifer teaches all you can do is plaint the seed the idea only can true obtain freedom and peace who no one else can give you

Dude you are sorely misguided if you think satan was trying to help humanity and that he did not have an agenda that benifited him when he tempted adam and eve to rebel against God.

Anyway if you read the bible you will know that satan or lucifer as you called him has rulership of the world we live in, and seriously all you have to do is turn on the nightly news to see how that is working out for humanity ????????? :no:. In the end "We are not free we are in bondage to sin" and satan is making sure that mankind stays that way.,.. and if you think that is ok then you must like - Murder, rape, homosexuality, beastiality, pedophilia, lying, adultary, divorce, greed, war, beheadings ..... the list goes on.... and this doesn't happen on mars it happens on the third rock from the sun..... all run by satan and his children.

I guess this is satans idea of paradise and happiness for humanity.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for helping us satan.

peace

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Oh Proof you make my day you bible thumbing bastard but i respect your right to speak on this subject after all my friend Lucifer does to.

Dude you are sorely misguided if you think satan was trying to help humanity and that he did not have an agenda that benifited him when he tempted adam and eve to rebel against God.

Anyway if you read the bible you will know that satan or lucifer as you called him has rulership of the world we live in, and seriously all you have to do is turn on the nightly news to see how that is working out for humanity
Satan does not equal Lucifer
Lucifer does not rule the will of man does and what we do with it is at our own discretion ou taught Adam and Eve to think for them selves and not for a one who demand you to follow or burn in the same pit that Lucifer fell

Satan/Migido angel of destruction the one who shale wipe clean the world of man in a holy fire servant of lord Yahweh
Lucifer/shamahzi angel of rebellion, angel of beauty demanded freedom from the tyrant Yahwah and thought the humans were worth living

????????? :no:. In the end "We are not free we are in bondage to sin" and satan is making sure that mankind stays that way.,.. and if you think that is ok then you must like - Murder, rape, homosexuality, beastiality, pedophilia, lying, adultary, divorce, greed, war, beheadings ..... the list goes on.... and this doesn't happen on mars it happens on the third rock from the sun..... all run by satan and his children.
all these thing a justified in your bible
it was your people who dropped the bombs in japan it was your people who displaced the native of america and commented genocide against them, it was the Christian people who commented the Holocaust, it was them who killed then stuffed the people of Tasmania, and oh lets not forget the slave triad and conquering of south america.....oh and the list goes on

these atrocious acts were caused because the said the do not follow god so there are less then human and we may do as we please to them

http://rlv.zcache.com/bible_warning_sticker-p217586842335457670q0ou_400.jpg

I guess this is satans idea of paradise and happiness for humanity.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace

we do not yet have the paradise and we wont unless we start working towards it Lucifer did not give us a paradise ou gave us the opportunity to make one for that is the only way for peace is for us to make it our selves
through understanding and reason

we have right know the ability to end world hunger but the Christan moral vies prevent us from doing so

war would have never existed if it wasn't for god tarring down babel and striping us the ability to communicate effectively and freely among each-other

no man should want what another man can give them the must want it for them selves

to ether we can make paradise instead of getting it by sacrificing our freedom

let it be known i am not trying to convert you i respect your beliefs but do not say i am misguided because i would never say that to you we all have our own road to follow and it is paved in deferent ways and that is the freedom we all enjoy

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 02:36 AM
its been so long since i boiled over like that i was beginning to think that would never happen again

thanks prof let it be known i OK your use of the title professor

but you still don't get The Great

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

and with that i'm done for the night

zooruka
11-22-2010, 04:55 AM
it was your people who

News flash: They are not my people ask the almighty God he will tell you !!!!!!!!!!!

peace

GTAsoldier
11-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Its relevant in these times of egocentrism and religious persecution. People talk about Christianity these days as if its a bad thing. It seems that its cool to hate christians and its cool to hate your own country. Just a lot of hatred going around. People hating just to try to fit in with the other haters.

Co-sign. Christianity in this time is arguably the most hated faith around (almost especially in the most secular nations IMO) all thanks to the actions that a few people made in God's name. I'm not that surprised about this type of hatred anymore because I've seen it happen constantly (at least all over the internutz) and it just comes to the point when I could just say "shit....this is just usual now but something gotta be done soon, yo".

In addition, with relation to the topic, (correct me if I'm wrong but) a lot of fundies see this whole "God consciousness / Christ-consciousness" as a bad thing because they label it "New Age" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age) (and in their mind "New Age" = Satanic). Since when did it become so "Satanic" to connect to the Creator in this manner? It's not like we're trying to BE God or take all the credit from Him (Lucifer tried that and he got thrown out of Paradise for it), but since Christianity is mainly (as well as other religions) is about having a relationship with God through Christ's teachings and sacrifice (and to help establish the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth and within ourselves), what is so wrong with enhancing the relationship through newer spiritual methods instead of the same old stuff we had for over a millenium?

Real Christianity needs a reboot and fast.

P.E.A.C.E.

EDIT: Kinda off-topic but, here's another piece I found that proves that being a Christian is more of an internal thing going on the external. It's the spirit of God that flows within and around us and all creation that enables us to be the people we want to be.

http://gardenofpraise.com/walk12.htm

Hellspawn
11-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Satan/Migido angel of destruction the one who shale wipe clean the world of man in a holy fire servant of lord Yahweh

Lucifer/shamahzi angel of rebellion, angel of beauty demanded freedom from the tyrant Yahwah and thought the humans were worth living

Can you please post a reliable source for this ?

Frank Sobotka
11-22-2010, 07:33 AM
I agree with the great dane, the more you look at the relation between God & Lucifer the more it becomes obvious God is a fucking prick.

Like Jim Jefferies said "God and satan are having an argument and satan is just being the bigger fucking man, God is writing all this shit about him and he doesn't even bother responding"

If you replace God with President people would call it a tyranny.

Mumm Ra
11-22-2010, 08:13 AM
and if you think that is ok then you must like - Murder, rape, homosexuality, beastiality, pedophilia, lying, adultary, divorce, greed, war, beheadings ..... the list goes on.... and this doesn't happen on mars it happens on the third rock from the sun..... all run by satan and his children.

peace
prof
you straight up told me that you would rather see a world with THOSE things in it than a world of universal peace without the belief in Christ -
you also told me those things are forgiven once you repent -

remember ? I do.

so really, it seems like god (and you) are the only ones to think such things are okay (as long as you say sorry afterward)

GTAsoldier
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
OK, everyone. Let's all calm down and get back to the topic at hand. I do not want a God/Yahweh vs. Lucifer/Satan war on a topic that specifically addresses the idea of God-consciousness. Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask the mods to lock this.

Thank you and P.E.A.C.E.

Frank Sobotka
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
OK, everyone. Let's all calm down and get back to the topic at hand. I do not want a God/Yahweh vs. Lucifer/Satan war on a topic that specifically addresses the idea of God-consciousness. Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask the mods to lock this.

Thank you and P.E.A.C.E.
going to the mods because a thread got derailed?
That's pretty fucking gay.

Also the post is written like some notes not an article.

Mumm Ra
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
im down with god consciousness

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Co-sign. Christianity in this time is arguably the most hated faith around (almost especially in the most secular nations IMO) all thanks to the actions that a few people made in God's name. I'm not that surprised about this type of hatred anymore because I've seen it happen constantly (at least all over the internutz) and it just comes to the point when I could just say "shit....this is just usual now but something gotta be done soon, yo".

In addition, with relation to the topic, (correct me if I'm wrong but) a lot of fundies see this whole "God consciousness / Christ-consciousness" as a bad thing because they label it "New Age" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age) (and in their mind "New Age" = Satanic). Since when did it become so "Satanic" to connect to the Creator in this manner? It's not like we're trying to BE God or take all the credit from Him (Lucifer tried that and he got thrown out of Paradise for it), but since Christianity is mainly (as well as other religions) is about having a relationship with God through Christ's teachings and sacrifice (and to help establish the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth and within ourselves), what is so wrong with enhancing the relationship through newer spiritual methods instead of the same old stuff we had for over a millenium?

Real Christianity needs a reboot and fast.

P.E.A.C.E.

thats some true shit right there

because every thing your doing right now isn't helping shit we can truly make this world a paradise if only we started to progress toward it

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Can you please post a reliable source for this ?
sadly no.... this is religion nothing here comes from a reliable source
I agree with the great dane, the more you look at the relation between God & Lucifer the more it becomes obvious God is a fucking prick.

Like Jim Jefferies said "God and satan are having an argument and satan is just being the bigger fucking man, God is writing all this shit about him and he doesn't even bother responding"

If you replace God with President people would call it a tyranny.

hi ohh. you are correct sr
but please change name from Satan to Lucifer give credit were credit is due

Hellspawn
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
sadly no.... this is religion nothing here comes from a reliable source

OK so just a source.

Why is it written under your name in arabic : "the squeleton the Danmar" ?

If it's The Great Dane that you want, it's دان العظيم

GTAsoldier
11-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Another link I found that relates to this:

http://thinkuni.startlogic.com/index.html

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
OK so just a source.

Why is it written under your name in arabic : "the squeleton the Danmar" ?

If it's The Great Dane that you want, it's دان العظيم

because my name not Dan the closet name to Dane in Arabic is Aldanamar

just like the closest name in Japanese is Dayn

so it comes out
Great Dane=グレートデーン=العظمى الدانمار

but if its your first language ill take you word for it
language is allot easer to speak then write

for instance
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.gadling.com/media/2008/09/engrish_bathroom-%5B%5D.png

but back to the point

http://wap.usbible.com/Satan/satan_gods_angel.htm

SATAN: GOD'S ANGEL
Organized religion was set up to terrify and enslave mankind
and monopolize power and profit.
-Thomas Paine
There are some critical flaws to the Christian logic of Satan's reputation as God's enemy.
The most serious flaw is in the chronology. Supposedly, just after creation, some angels lead by Satan rebelled against God. Satan came to Eve in the Garden of Eden as a serpent and tempted her and Adam to sin.
However, throughout the rest of the Old Testament, whenever Satan appears by name, he acts as an adversary for God, not against God. There could not be any adversary involvement in Eden. It doesn't make sense that Satan and God patched up their differences.
The chronology extends to the NT. Luke tells us that Satan entered into Judas. If God sent Jesus to die for men's sins, as Christians maintain, then he was acting on behalf of God. This takes us to the end of the Gospels with Satan and God working in a cooperative relationship.
3Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot. (Luke 22:3)
In between, there are two occasions in which God and Satan conspired to test their subject. The first was when they conspired to test the limit of Job's faith. The second was when God brought Jesus to Satan to be tempted.
To Jews, the serpent symbolized evil-that is all there was to it. There were no fallen angels; this idea came about as a result of a bad interpretation of Isaiah. On other occasions in Genesis in which Satan is blamed, there is no evidence of satanic influence. In sum, Satan was not God's enemy.
The word "Satan" originates in the Hebrew language, meaning to act as an opponent or adversary. More than any other religion, Christian propaganda gave a lot of weight to scaring believers into their fold. To absolve God of evil, Satan's Accusers took the OT angel of God, and elevated him to the full status of a rival god by reversing the OT context of "adversary."
To understand where Christianity is coming from, we have to look at it allegorically. In Light Verses Dark it was shown how light symbolized good and darkness symbolized evil-ancients had a fear of darkness. God represents light and Satan represents darkness. Christians see them as opposing forces, while Jews see only one God responsible for everything.
Allegorically, the half of a day when the sun is rising, God is rising to glory against Satan. When the sun is falling on the other half, darkness is increasing in power against the sun. Thus, Satan becomes perceived as a fallen angel. Satan is an adversary in the sense that darkness is an adversary to light. See Bible Astrology.
The religious mind has a tendency to look at matters in isolation. When the evidence is examined in entirety, it comes out that it was his accusers who bear false testimony. By decreeing the world full of sinners, Christian theology elevated Satan to status of a god with more influence on human consciousness than Jesus. But in reality, this whole sordid affair began as a personification of light verses dark.

they obviously mistaken Lucifer for one of gods own

GOD'S ANGEL
In the Old Testament, Satan does not appear as a leader of an army of hostile spirits who make war on God and humankind. Instead, he appears as one of God's angels whose assignment is to appear in an adversarial role. Sometimes he is known formally as Satan; on other occasions he is simply called "adversary" or "accuser". He never acts without God's consent.
This list compiles every case where Satan appears. In Hebrew, "Satan" means adversary; so the English translators used both words interchangeably.
1. God's messenger stood in front of Balaam's ass. This is where Satan makes his first appearance.
21So Balaam rose in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.
22But God's anger was kindled because he went; and the angel of the Lord took his stand in the way as his adversary [satan]. Now he was riding on the ass, and his two servants were with him. (Num. 22:21-22)
2. In Samuel, God tells David to take a census.
1Again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, 'Go, number Israel and Judah." (2 Sam. 24:1)
Chronicles credits Satan. Was he impersonating God? Or are they one in the same?
1Satan stood up against Israel, and incited David to number Israel. (1 Chron. 21:1)
3. The Philistines feared David would become their adversary. In this case, "Satan" is used descriptively and does not refer to the angel.
4But the commanders of the Philistines were angry with him; and the commanders of the Philistines said to him, "Send the man [David] back, that he may return to the place to which you have assigned him; he shall not go down with us to battle, lest in the battle he become an adversary [Satan] to us. For how could this fellow reconcile himself to his lord? Would it not be with the heads of the men here? (1 Sam. 29:4)
4. God sent Satan against Solomon in the form of Hadad the Edomite.
14And the Lord raised up an adversary [Satan] against Solomon, Hadad the Edomite; he was of the royal house in Edom. (1 Kings 11:14)
5. God put a lying spirit in King Ahab's prophets. Satan is not mentioned by name, but the nature of the conversation with God suggests Satan had permission to make the prophets lie.
21Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, 'I will entice him."
22And the Lord said to him, 'By what means?' And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.'
23Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has spoken evil concerning you. (1 Kings 21-23; 2 Chron. 18:21-22)
6. God sent Satan to Rezon, thus turning him into an adversary of Israel. Satan is used descriptively.
23God also raised up as an adversary [Satan]to him, Rezon the son of Eliada, who had fled from his master Hadadezer king of Zobah.
24And he gathered men about him and became leader of a marauding band, after the slaughter by David; and they went to Damascus, and dwelt there, and made him king in Damascus.
25He was an adversary [Satan] of Israel all the days of Solomon, doing mischief as Hadad did; and he abhorred Israel, and reigned over Syria. (1 Kings 11:23-25)
7. Satan and God conspired to test Job. Though he challenges God, he is still subject to God's power and acts with his permission.
6Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.
7The Lord said to Satan, "Whence have you come?" Satan answered the Lord, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it."
8And the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?" (Job 1:6-8)
It was a friendly bet for bragging rights at Job's expense. So God gave him the power to inflict Job.
1Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the Lord.
2And the Lord said to Satan, "Whence have you come?" Satan answered the Lord, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it."
3And the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? He still holds fast his integrity, although you moved me against him, to destroy him without cause."
4Then Satan answered the Lord, "Skin for skin! All that a man has he will give for his life.
5But put forth thy hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face."
6And the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, he is in your power; only spare his life."
7So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord, and afflicted Job with loathsome sores from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. (Job 2:1-7)
8. The psalmist appeals to God to let a satan bring a wicked man to trial.
1Be not silent, O God of my praise!
2For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me, speaking against me with lying tongues.
3They beset me with words of hate, and attack me without cause.
4In return for my love they accuse me, even as I make prayer for them.
5So they reward me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
6Appoint a wicked man against him; let an accuser [Satan] bring him to trial. (Psalms 109:1-6)
9. The historical context of Zechariah's vision takes place after the Jerusalem community returns from the exile. Satan was standing at the right hand of an angel of the Lord. As a member of the divine council, Satan was opposed to Joshua becoming the high priest. His role was that of a court prosecutor, not as a false accuser.
1Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him.
2And the Lord said to Satan, "The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?" (Zech. 3:1-2)

Lucifer will never do as god commands again there is no more angel of beauty
ou has fallen and is imprisoned by god
http://www.oceansbridge.com/paintings/collections/old-masters-collection/big/Francesco_MaffeixxSt_Michael_Overthrowing_Lucifer. jpg

TheBoarzHeadBoy
11-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Look, Christianity is basically an evolution of the Greek Mythology.

Christ however was an insightful theistic philosopher. Even though I don't believe in God I believe Christ was on the right track. His teachings are the path to enlightenment. However religion is backwards. If God exists it really doesn't matter. I don't spend my life trying to impress my parents. I'm not going to spend my life trying to impress a God.

If my objectives and a God's are the same good. If not so what? If God wants to give me cancer or hit me with a lightning bolt I'll just attribute it to the fact I use tobacco and like to swim during lightning storms... He can try all he wants. I don't believe it. I believe in random odds, butterfly effects, and statistics. Even if my whole family died in a fire right after I posted this I wouldn't believe in God based on that. That would be retarded.

The only place a God could exist is in the Word of Ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Forms

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 05:55 PM
dude JC was lazy as fuck we was like 5 times worst then Buddha when i came to sheer laziness at-lest Buddha didn't make people go out and bring him food and shit

JC was all i'm gonna seat here and tell you my opinions you know it would be really cool if you can bring me some tie-things you know because i'm the son of god

i actually got nothing Jesus was cool

zooruka
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
prof
you straight up told me that those things are forgiven once you repent -

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

peace

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

peace

so as long as you don,t say any thing Bad about your (lord leader) your OK

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt167/shchmn/chairman-meow.png

billyanalogue
11-22-2010, 07:03 PM
i sometimes try to believe that God can only evolve along with humans and that funnily enough i could race ahead in evolution and create... SCHWING MAYNE ITS TOASTMAN SucKA!i!

Dokuro
11-22-2010, 07:04 PM
or my personal favorite
http://www.obeythepurebreed.com/images/great_dane_usa.gif

LORD NOSE
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
The Snake is not the enemy of the Most High.

The Snake or Serpent Power/Kundalini/Qi/Ra is the animating (animal) force. It is the force that drives our desires, hence the "knowledge of good and evil".

It must be balanced with the eating of the fruit of the Tree of Life in order to realize our divinity.

HETEPU

there is a time to put the animal on a leash and then there are times you have to let him roam free and do what he do

P.E.A.C.E.

deep

EDIT: Kinda off-topic but, here's another piece I found that proves that being a Christian is more of an internal thing going on the external. It's the spirit of God that flows within and around us and all creation that enables us to be the people we want to be.

those are some pretty words

"it's the spirit of god that flows within and around us"

then it finishes off like this

"and all creation that enables us to be the people we want to be."

how you figure ?

GTAsoldier
11-23-2010, 10:24 AM
What I meant by that is it's God spirit that flows within and around us. What's around us is His creation (obviously). It's not like saying the creation is enabling us to be who we want to be. It's the spirit that flows that doing that.

P.E.A.C.E.

LORD NOSE
11-23-2010, 10:30 AM
What I meant by that is it's God spirit that flows within and around us. What's around us is His creation (obviously). It's not like saying the creation is enabling us to be who we want to be. It's the spirit that flows that doing that.

P.E.A.C.E.

and how do you know this ?

GTAsoldier
11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
The best way I can put it is, when I see goodness in other people, I experience glimpses of the divine God and His invisible-to-the-mere-human-eye attributes. When I experience the natural world, I get a taste of God's beauty. Before Christ ascended, he told his apostles to "go out and love one another" as he had loved us. As followers of Christ, we have to emulate the power of love, peace, wisdom, justice and spiritual/social connectivity to the Creator for ourselves and with other people. This is spirit of God at work. We are the living body of Christ (a.k.a. the Church). This is the impending Kingdom of Heaven lying upon us and within us.

"Faith w/o works is dead just like a body without a spirit/soul is dead"

P.E.A.C.E.

EDIT: Sorry I took so long to reply to you earlier because I was preparing a pizza that I'm baking now.

LORD NOSE
11-23-2010, 11:09 AM
who molded you to see it this way ?

the titles God and Christ and Creator and the possible powers of the ones holding these titles were shown to you at some time in your life - did you question these images and paths when they came to you

i understand what you are saying and again - they are some pretty sounding words - but how much is this idea rooted in reality ?

pro.Graveface
11-23-2010, 11:39 AM
aint the teachinz of Jesus in gnostic believe?

GTAsoldier
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
What I've mentioned above has come from personal experience within my growth (physically, mentally, and spiritually). I didn't question these "images and paths" when they first came, but there came I time where I had do some work. I often asked myself "why am I here?" "what is the meaning of life". I re-accessed and re-evaluated my faith by doing more research, communicating with God through prayer and meditation, and thoroughly re-reading and re-interpreting my Bible and learning from other people's perspectives. My journey still continues today as I progress through college. I honestly don't know what God has in store for me or what is his purpose of creating me for, but as I progress I experiences glimpses of what He can do for me and my fellow man.

As of now, a lot of people in today's display of modern society generally don't take the truest spiritual lessons to the heart and just see life as they see it through a certain lens (hence the extremism, man-made doctrine and dogma dating all the way back to Constantine, and intolerance). People often talk about God in an external sense like He's distant from us. God is not distant from no man. For over a millennium, man has misused the teachings and life of Christ to gain dominance and to stand in the the way of those who truly want to have a deep relationship with God. Christ himself prophesied about events like these (even now, so I'm not that surprised anymore about it). However, there has to be a time for every person to truly open up and re-access and not blandly dismiss. Even now, as I type this (God must be testing me), this is happening so that more positivity and knowledge can be around. This is so that a new reality can emerge and we can truly establish the fullest essence peace and love from within so that we can truly live forever and be free from all negativity. I believe this is what God wants. I believe this is what Christ died for. I believe that this can truly enact the Kingdom of Heaven right here and right now.

P.E.A.C.E. and blessings

pro.Graveface
11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
you can cal it god I tink but it has no name its to great for that I rather see it as the life force energy love the higher spirit of Self connection to all
ICHI
btw great sig Gta luvly haha

Uncle Steezo
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeshua ben Yosef would not be down with christianity.

Frank Sobotka
11-23-2010, 02:35 PM
you can cal it god I tink but it has no name its to great for that I rather see it as the life force energy love the higher spirit of Self connection to all
ICHI
btw great sig Gta luvly haha
God is a description not a name.

pro.Graveface
11-23-2010, 02:42 PM
tell me the description please? kuz Im interested in your vision on this. I tink its a name for the nameless, kuz its everywere in constant motion, god reality is actualy the higher plane of self is wat i tink sir Ikke, terefore I see all my bradaz and sistaz as godz and godesses or kings and queenz or sunz and earthz (no enemys and no friendz) but they dont know that they are, most peeps are tangled up in the ego illusion of un-realityz the duality realityz. me too , still to much ego in a negativ vibe but imworkin on it, dont get me wrong kuz I do think tere is a christ conscious and his god. buts its the spirit of all in self, connection is Soul, its cosmic spirit energy Chi ( i personaly tink Love) , unconsciously guiding him or her soul/spirit of Self to his conscious state of being to elevate and educate to a higher concious being, the soul can arise with your mind vehicle as 1
this is natural development and it might take birth's and death's

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-23-2010, 11:09 PM
God is a description not a name.

Most of the time names are despriptions.

Uncle Steezo
11-24-2010, 12:57 AM
If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of Light

this

GTAsoldier
11-24-2010, 09:05 AM
^ Amen

GTAsoldier
11-25-2010, 05:37 PM
More stuff:

http://www.sivanandadlshq.org/religions/christconscious.htm

CHRIST-CONSCIOUSNESS

By
SRI SWAMI KRISHNANANDA

'Empty thyself and I shall fill thee.' This is a wondrous single sentence message of Jesus the Christ. The Spirit is not a quantity and it is opposed to all quantitative measurements and conceptions. 'Blessed are the poor in spirit,' is another suggestive statement of the Christ. We cannot understand what is meant to be poor. For us, to be poor is not to have money, grains and gold, not to have a field, a house and friends, and not to be recognised in society. That would be poverty, economically. We cannot think of poverty except in an economic, material and social sense. Likewise, the idea of emptying oneself, as far as our minds can understand, is a physical displacement of content. Far from this is the idea of the Spirit, which is implied in the above single-sentence message. The Christ-Consciousness, and not the personality of Christ, is what is to be taken into account here in our understanding of this statement. There is a difference between Christ and Christ-Consciousness. This fact was repeatedly emphasised by the Christ himself in many of His declarations as recorded in the New Testament. He never regarded Himself as a person, nor did He ever indicate that a person was speaking when He spoke. He always referred to 'Him that sent me'. He was very much fond of referring to 'Him that sent me'. He said: 'I am here to proclaim the Law of Him who sent me here. It is not my law that I am demonstrating or proclaiming to the world.' The Spirit that spoke through Him was not a creature of time.

There is a very humorous and most significant statement of His. "Before Abraham was, I am." What does it mean? "Before Abraham was, I am", is a contradiction, grammatically. It conveys no sense. It is a blunder of grammar to say, 'I am before Abraham was." But that is the real Christ that spoke. And it is from the standpoint of that reality of Christ, the 'present' was precedent even to the 'past'. The present precedes the past. How could it be? And that is what is implied in saying, "Before Abraham was, I am." The Spirit is a present and not an event or a content or a creature in the passage of time which is usually dissected into the past, present and future. The Spirit has no past, no present and no future. And this is the Christ-Consciousness.

From the above point of view, what would it mean to empty oneself and what would it also mean to be filled by It? This is the great philosophy of the Spirit. We are heading towards real Yoga when we speak about these things. Christ was a great Yogin, Master Yogin, one of the greatest Yogins the world has produced, an Yogin in the true sense of the term. He was perpetually in unison with the Spirit, drew sustenance from the Spirit and operated upon the Law of the Spirit in the world or the realm of matter. Mathematics was not his way of thinking. Otherwise how could a single loaf become basketful, over-flowing, flooding and capable of feeding thousands and yet remaining after the feeding was over. It was not arithmetic that worked there, because one cannot become many and many are not the same as the one. Our consciousness has grown upon it several accretions or layers of material concrescence. The philosophical way of thinking is slightly different from the ordinary way of thinking of the man in the street.

I do not mean that you should be philosophers. But you should know the techniques of philosophical thinking, i.e., the art of thinking in a peculiar manner which differs entirely from the give-and-take, economic or commercial attitude of thinking which man usually entertains in his mind. All our thinking is commercial. We cannot think in any other way. But the Spirit is non-commercial, because it is non-material. Anything that we speak of in regard to the Spirit has to be metempirical and we have to shed the prejudice of earthly ways of thinking even before we take the first step in the practice of the way of the Spirit. All prejudices have to be shed. This is one of the conditions of emptying yourself. It does not mean that we have to vomit what we have eaten. We have to vomit the prejudices of the, mind. Hard it is to overcome a prejudice. And prejudice has grown like a fungus or a mushroom on our very consciousness itself. We take for granted many things. Unproved hypotheses are taken for granted; and they become the byword of the street, of the home, of society, of administration and of even international understanding. Everything is based on certain prejudices. But the Spirit does not care for either the nation or the international set-up. It is something superior in its value and content. To be spiritual is hard even to think and conceive; more difficult it is to practise the way of the Spirit. Personal and logical attempts and the so-called scientific attitudes do not help us here. Science itself has become a dogma, though it parades its knowledge of non-dogmatism. Logic is based again on a dogma, of certain presupposed values which themselves cannot be proved by logic itself. There is no such thing as non-dogmatic thinking as far as the ordinary man is concerned. Everything is a dogma. You take for granted that the world is. Who told you that the world is? It is something taken for granted. It is a hypothesis. You cannot prove it by logic, except by saying that you see it. And that you see it, is not a great proof, for, you can see even phantasmagoria, if your head is reeling. That the world is, that the body is a content thereof and that the world is ruled by the quantitative measurements of arithmetic and commercial laws, are hypotheses on which we base our arguments even in law courts.

But the Christ never came to rule the world of Caesar, as he put it. "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." Don't mix up the two elements. The Christ has nothing to do with Caesar's. The Caesar is a quantitative measurement like that of silver and gold, of give and take, of commerce and trade, of the quantitative mathematics of the feeble mind caught up in the network of space and time. The Christ-Consciousness stands far above this common way of give-and-take thinking. It is from this superior and sublime point of view that we have to understand what it is to empty oneself and to be filled by the Spirit. When He says 'empty thyself and I shall file thee', it is not that the Christ as Jesus, the personality, is going to sit on your head. He cannot fill you, as a person. How can one person fill another person? It is unthinkable and meaningless. It was the consciousness that was intended, as capable of filling the emptied vessel of human personality. How can Spirit fill you? The Spirit is not a content. Because the very idea of a content is again quantitative, and the Spirit is not a quantitative measure. It is not like water or any other liquid that can fill a vessel. It has no weight. It has no length and breadth. It is not here or there. It is the quintessential value that is immanently present as the very constitutive stuff, the very fibre, pith and being of anything that can be or anything that ever is. The Spirit cannot be thought of, because the Spirit is the very pre-supposition of thought. Even before you start thinking, the Spirit is there behind it impelling your thought. So there is no such thing as thinking the Spirit, and, therefore, there is no such thing also as measuring the Spirit with the yard-stick of human thought. How can the Spirit fill you, unless you have the capacity to receive It or contain It! Where is the container for the Spirit!

This wonderful gospel 'Empty thyself and I shall fill thee' is complemented by another equally wonder-statement of His, 'The kingdom of heaven is within you'. How can the heaven be within you? You are such a small frail personality, a little body, occupying one or two feet of width of the earth. How can the kingdom of heaven be contained inside you? All His statements seem to be marvellously conspicuous and significant of something what the human mind has not been habituated to think or understand. Have you ever seen a kingdom being contained within the personality of a human being? Yet, it is said by the Christ. It is something like saying that the ocean is in a drop, which is unthinkable. All these inscrutable statements of the Christ appear to be inscrutable, because we cannot understand what the Spirit is, from the point of view of which he spoke always. The very stand point was quite different.

You know today people say that we have a kind of arithmetic where two and two need not necessarily make four. Because, it is Euclidean way of thinking in geometry and arithmetic. Plane geometry is different from spherical geometry, for example. Ordinary geometry of the triangle is different from trignometry. The values, the measuring and the calculating rules of geometry on a surface do not apply to a geometry in a sphere. It is on account of this that they say that under certain given conditions of the physical bodies of the cosmos, the three angles of a triangle need not necessarily make two right angles, though usually this is the rule, according to Euclid. The three angles of a triangle always make two right angles, but this is not true always. There are conditions of existence even in the physical world, in the macrocosmos for example, or in the microcosmos, the sub-atomic layer as they call it, where this geometry will not hold good. Two and two need not make four. It can be less or it can be more. You think the man has gone crazy, because he blabbers something which makes no sense. But, these people say that those who hold on to the prejudice that two and two make four only and not more or not less, are crazy, and not they. The world is wider than we can think of. If even humanly conceivable arithmetic and mathematics can elude the grasp of ordinary understanding, as pointed out by these discoveries of modern days, what to talk of the Spirit! The Spirit is non- mathematical and non-measurable, because of its being non-material. And our minds are used to think only in terms of measurements and calculations. Therefore, a kingdom cannot be conceived to be contained within a person. The Kingdom of heaven cannot be contained by you. A vast realm or a huge empire cannot be inside the personality of a human being. Yet, this is possible, under certain other given conditions. The part can contain the whole. Is it possible? Have you ever seen a part containing the whole? You have heard of the whole including the part. How can a part include the whole? It is impossible, because the whole is superior to the part quantitatively, again. We again think only in terms of quantity. Because many parts make the whole, the whole cannot be any one part. This is our quantitative way of thinking. But the whole need not necessarily be a quantitative totality. There are wholes, which are not necessarily totals of the parts in a material sense. I shall give you one small example of this kind of peculiar totality, which is not merely the sum of the parts of which it is constituted. The wholeness of the personality of your own body is an example. You have a sense of wholeness of your being. You have ten fingers, ten toes, two eyes and several other limbs of the body. And you have a sense of togetherness and wholeness, compactness and totality in your being. You never think that you are made up of members. You do not go on thinking, 'I have ten fingers, ten toes, two eyes'. Who thinks like that! You never think of the limbs of your body and never for a moment calculate in terms of the discrete parts of which your body is formed. But you always imagine yourself to be a total—'I', 'I am here', 'I have come', 'look at me'. When you talk of 'I' or 'My' or 'Me', you do not refer to any limb of the body, nor do you also refer to a totality of the limbs of your body. You refer to another significant wholeness that is present in each and every part of the body, which gives you the confidence of your being a single indivisible something. This indivisibility that you are, which is not a mathematical or a physical totality of the limbs of your body, is wholly present in each one of the parts. This is a very difficult idea to imagine. Every part of your body is a wholeness as far as it is concerned.

On account of this mystery of living organisms, the great philosophical thinker called General Smutts evolved a philosophy called 'Wholism' which means that everything in the world is a whole. According to him, every cell of the body is a whole and every atom is a whole, by itself It has a completeness of structure. There is no part in this world; everything is a whole. Every protoplasmic cell in the leaf of a tree is a whole by itself struggling to maintain its individuality and harmony with other cells of the leaf of the tree. Every cell of our body,—the living organism of which we are constituted,—is a whole by itself, and it struggles to live by itself, and wants to maintain and sustain itself, because it is a whole by itself. The wholeness that is significantly present in an organic completeness of structure is different from the totality of the rupee coins or dollar coins or stone heaps, brick heaps, etc. That totality which we are thinking in our minds is different from the totality that we have to conceive spiritually, or at least non-materially. It is from this stand point that the kingdom of heaven can be within you. Just as the wholeness of your personality is immanent or present in each cell of your body, the entire kingdom of heaven is within you. The Kingdom of heaven is not a country. It is not a physical empire. It is a significance, a meaning, a connotation and a value. We call it the Spirit, and the Spirit can be contained everywhere. It does not require space to exist. Therefore, it can be wholly present even in the smallest of atoms. Thus, is the kingdom of heaven within you.

All this is not philosophically expounded in the Bible. Great spiritual masters—the Christ, Krishna or the Buddha—do not go on commenting on their statements. They make suggestive statements which have to be expounded by lesser minds later on, for the sake of understanding by ordinary minds.

So, from this point of view of the capacity of the Spirit to be contained even within a cell of the body, what would it be to empty oneself and to be filled by It. The accretions, as I have already mentioned, that have grown upon consciousness have to be gradually shed and wiped out. They have, to be scrubbed off. The objective accumulations over the Spirit have to be cast asunder in order that the Spirit may blossom forth in its full sublimity and loftiness of stature. 'To empty oneself', therefore, cannot mean anything else. It means to stand by the Spirit and not to swear by any material value.

If you give something, you will lose that thing. This is our mathematics. The more you give, the more you lose. It is very clear. But, 'Give and it shall be given',—says the Christ. How can it be possible? Have you ever seen somebody giving you merely because you give. He takes away everything you give and goes away. But, what the Christ says is that you will not merely be given back what you give, but overflowing, pressed and shaken will it be given back to you. If you give one, you will get back hundreds, thousands and millions, says the Christ. This, again, is a non-mathematical calculation. How can you get hundreds and thousands, if you give only one? 'Give and it shall be given', is what the Christ says. And He adds one adjective to it which is stunning, astonishing, awe-inspiring. It shall be given back to you, not merely in the measure that you have given, but overflowing and pressed. In a measure, the contents are pressed so that it may contain more and more, and then when it is overflowing abundantly, in that abundant form will it be given back to you. So, do not be afraid that you will lose by giving. Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj was a standing monumental example of this spiritual philosophy of giving. I have never seen a person like that, nor do I hope to see another, perhaps. We believe that by giving we lose. But, the Spirit says that by giving we gain. So, everywhere you find that the law of the Spirit is different from the law of matter. The law of the Christ is different from the law of Caesar. The law of God is different from the law of man. This is wonderful!

Now, to empty oneself, therefore, would be the tendency to stand by the Spirit, and this tendency to stand by the Spirit is to recognise the character of the Spirit in the world of matter. We have lost consciousness of the Spirit itself. We are conscious only of matter. To be aware of the Spirit is to be aware of its characteristics simultaneously. You cannot think of fire without thinking of light and heat. The idea of fire is automatically associated with the idea of heat and light. Likewise, the idea of the Spirit is automatically associated with Omnipresence and a capacity to permeate and penetrate through everything.

To include and transcend all things is another characteristic of the Spirit. What does it mean by the phrase to include and transcend? This again can be explained by an analogy. All this cannot be explained logically. The consciousness of your waking state includes and transcends all the contents of your dream. In dream, you saw wealth, you became a big officer, you drew a large salary, you had a sumptuous meal or you were an emperor. But when you wake up, you have lost everything! Have you really lost anything? The very consciousness of having woken up is transcendent to the consciousness of all the wealth and other things that you appeared to possess in dream. Do you want to be a king in dream; or an ordinary man in waking? You would like to be an ordinary person in the waking state rather than be a king in dream, because the value of the king in dream is inferior to the value of the ordinary man in waking. It is the difference in the consciousness that matters and not the beggarhood or the kinghood. The difference lies in the state of consciousness, and not in what one is conscious of. Even as the contents of dream are subsumed, included and transcended in the waking consciousness, all the values of the world are included and transcended in the consciousness of the Spirit Supreme. We are not going to lose the world when we gain the Spirit. Many people are afraid of going to the Spirit or God, because they think that they may lose the world. There are many who think: "What about our friends? What will happen to them, if I go to God? O, my dear children are all here suffering; I do not want to go to God." This is foolish way of thinking. Because this is again a material way of thinking, mathematically construed and commercially understood. We are still business men. We cannot go beyond this idea.

My dear friends, when you go to God, your friends will be seen there. Why are you crying about the friends? You will see them in a better way, with a better eye, than you are able to see now. And if you are intending to help them, well, you will be able to help them in a better way than now. Your strength will be much more and your capacity to help will get enhanced. All that is in the world is included in that realm of God and nothing is excluded. We are not going from the world to God. Again, we have an idea of quantitative running. Look at this prejudice! We are not moving from the world to, God, as if going from one planet to another in a rocket. It is not a spatial movement. It is a transfiguration of consciousness, like that which happens on waking up from dream. When you wake up from dream do you lose anything? Have you lost your dream friends, kingdom and the wealth? You are only happy that the devil has gone. 'What a nightmare I had in dream! It has gone and I am happy now.' This is your feeling when you wake up. Do you say, 'O my kingdom has gone, I was a king, I have lost everything?' Do you go on beating your breast? Similarly, nothing untoward will happen to you when you reach God. The Spirit includes all things that are valuable in the material world.

It is because of this fact that the Christ was not understood by the people. How can matter understand the Spirit! And so He was crucified. We are crucifying God everyday in our life, in some form or the other. We are killing Him by our affirmation of the ego, the assertion of material values and an adamant adherence to this quantitative way of thinking that 'by giving we lose', 'by going to God we have to lose the world,' and so on and so forth. All these are false assumptions, contrary to Truth.

So, once again I say that to empty oneself is to empty oneself of the materialised accretions that have apparently grown over the universality of the Spirit. And then, you are filled with a flood of the oceanic abundance of God-consciousness. When you rise to the level of God, you are filled with an ocean, as it were, inundating you from all sides with a nectarine taste, beauty, grandeur and magnificence. When God comes, He does not come like a man coming from one direction. He comes from all directions, because He is everywhere. He does not come only from the East or the, West. He is not a human being. He is the universal Spirit that enters your personality. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa used to say that God entering man is like a mad elephant entering a thatched hut. Another mystic said that it is like an ocean entering a drop or flooding the rivers. All these are only images to give an idea as to what the supreme magnificence of Spirit is. They all think alike, because they stand on the same pedestal of realisation. The more we succeed in thinking along these lines, the more are we spiritual, the more are we Yogins. Yoga is not becoming something in the social sense. It is not also doing something with your hands and feet. It is a transformation of your inner stuff of thinking and feeling, willing and understanding in a completeness that surpasses your present physical personality. That is where the Christ is born. We say that Christ and Krishna were born at midnight. They are never born when the sun is bright, which means to say, when it is day light to the senses. "Ya nisa sarvabhutanam tasyam jagarti samyami, yasyam jagrati bhutani sa nisa pasyato muneh"—says the Bhagavad Gita. What you see, the sages do not see; and what the sages see, you cannot see. What is day to you, is night to them; and what is day to them, is night to you. For you, God-consciousness is like darkness, a night of ignorance, and God does not exist at all. Therefore, many people go to the extent of even denying God. They cannot see Him. Whereas the sages see only God and nothing else. They do not see the world as the world. A person who has been cured of his cataract in the eyes does not see two moons. He does not say: 'There were two moons and now one moon is lost.' There were no two moons, and there was only one moon. This is the truth. Likewise when the spiritual medicine is administered to the sick soul of the human being, it assumes the spiritual health which enables one to think in a new reoriented manner altogether, and man becomes a superman. A man who thinks in this way is a superman. He is not an ordinary man. He cannot be called a man at all. A superman is a temple enshrining the superhuman Spirit. When God thinks through man, we call him a superman. Such was Christ, Buddha and Krishna. But all the great wonderful masters of mankind were thoroughly misunderstood; their teachings were never understood, but misrepresented, misapplied and abused to the doom of man, towards which we seem to be heading today, unfortunately.

But God is great, and everything shall be well in the realm of God whose Omniscient eyes see everything. The recognition of the Spirit is, therefore, the recognition of God's omnipresent existence. And to be filled with God, is the same as to be filled with the Spirit. For that, we have to empty ourselves of all the externalised prejudice of objective thinking. We should not hang on objects, for our sustenance. Man does not live on bread alone, which means to say you do not live merely by the quantitative stuff of the world. You have something in you which is more than quantitative, which is superior to even the entire quantity of the cosmos. The Spirit is larger than the universe itself. The universe is after all a quantity. And Spirit is larger than that. 'Atyatishtad-dasan-gulam—the Spirit is above the universe,' says the Purusha Sukta.

With this background of spiritual refreshment of our thoughts we have to contemplate daily the mystery of creation, the majesty of God, the greatness of spiritual life, the stupendousness of Yoga and the glorious consummation that is ahead of us which is supreme Liberation, Christ-Consciousness or God-realisation.