PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk about C(Wh)orPORations

Visionz
11-23-2010, 01:26 AM
If you don't like corporate America then don't work for it or buy anything from it. You're probably wearing corporate clothes in a corporate manufactured house with corporate electricity and corporate water supply and corporate food in your kitchen with appliances made from a corporation with a corporate job to work for and a stereo manufactured by a corporation on a corporation's computer hooked up to a corporation's network. You're welcome to leave this labyrinth of corporate economy if you want to. But is your life so oppressive and depressing to blame everything on corporations? What is the great alternative? We all want to know. Try buying stock in these evil corporations that you claim are making so much money off us hard toiling workers. And your on wu CORP. If you hate corporations so much why did you name this site CORP? I rest my case.

^This is a response to criticism towards what I regard as C(WH)orporate America. Now a silly ass response like this takes it that I'm talking about every person that ever owned a business. But lets try narrowing it down quite a bit. How bout narrow it down to THREE names and start from there.

Wal-Mart
Monsanto
In-Bev (and specifically their controls over laws in North America)

How much effect does Wal-Mart's some 1,000 or so manufacturing plants in China have on the rest of the US economy?

Monsanto's first-ever patent on a life-form itself has had far-reaching effects into our food supply and not just in the US but the world over. They have muscled their way so far into the FDA that they now patent any seed they want whether they impacted that seed on a genetic level or not. What possible ways can this impact the world's food supply here and abroad?

What is the three-tier system in regards to the distribution of alcohol in the US? How is it effecting the US reputation abroad as a beer-producing country?

0y-7fl1nJfw

JASPER BEARDLY
11-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Wal Mart destroys the worldwide economy so we can all enjoy huge bags of popcorn for a dollar. No?

Monsanto eliminates free market economy.

In-Bev also eliminates free market economy.

I believe you explained it in different threads and thus am pretty sure you have a wealth of knowledge on the last two subjects.

Don't you have to use Monsanto seeds to make commercial goods that you sell? I can't imagine you'd have to use them for personal growing of things.

Aren't there fucked up trade restrictions that make it so In-Bev beers such as Budweiser are only one's carried and others are blacklisted. I may be misremembering. I definately am only grasping your point but not fully articulating it whatsoever.

Visionz
11-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Wal Mart destroys the worldwide economy so we can all enjoy huge bags of popcorn for a dollar. No?

Monsanto eliminates free market economy.

In-Bev also eliminates free market economy.

I believe you explained it in different threads and thus am pretty sure you have a wealth of knowledge on the last two subjects.

Don't you have to use Monsanto seeds to make commercial goods that you sell? I can't imagine you'd have to use them for personal growing of things.

Aren't there fucked up trade restrictions that make it so In-Bev beers such as Budweiser are only one's carried and others are blacklisted. I may be misremembering. I definately am only grasping your point but not fully articulating it whatsoever.

I can tell you know what time it is
http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/upfront/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Flavor-Flav-125st-Harlemweb.jpg

I am a co-owner of my own company. Business is a great thing, doesn't much happen without it. Bullshit business built on corrupt morals is a dangerous thing. I think of the companies (along with a few more *cough Exxon, *cough) I mentioned here first when I think about what I don't like with big business.

Right now all the sourcing I do for my t-shirts are made in North America between Mexico (produces the fabric) and the US (cuts and stitches the cloth) We plan to move all our sourcing inside of the US when the budget will allow it. US product designed, printed and (eventually) made in the US. If I don't do it, who else will?

Fuck waiting on anyone else to step up y'know, I know there are others out there that think and act in accordance with my own outlook and I'm glad. No one but yourself can save you here on planet Earth, I leave the rest up to God.

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 02:40 AM
dude not cool i got back on track and shit oh i see if some one is ok with the establishment you pull a cnn, fox, msnbc news ban like what the did with Ron Paul

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EjtNDIEMBCA/Sllw_b_nrHI/AAAAAAAAAjE/viRTSCMBbn8/s400/ron_paul_poster_flyer_by_the_russian.jpg

yah remember this of course you don't

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 02:45 AM
http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/1hzaxtdr9c09g/puwwvk/plagiarism2.jpg

Visionz
11-23-2010, 02:45 AM
I live in Texas of course I know who Ron Paul is, what's that got to do with the thread? I pulled my own shit there as well, it didn't and still doesn't have anything to do with the thread.

Stay on topic fucker :lmao:

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 02:49 AM
well i hate having to repeat my self one the one post that was on topic that you pulled perhaps you should work on your MODing a bet better

infallible almighty mod my ass

Visionz
11-23-2010, 02:54 AM
:lmao:

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 03:20 AM
ok time for seriousness right know were just so far into this plutocracy the only real way to fix any of this is through valiance and its about time we do so the problem with that is are domestic combatant policy is so fucked up just saying the words revolution in public can land you imprisoned without a trial so it make employing any real change in this legislature nearly impossible unless we can find some way to communicate amongst each-other nationwide completely undetectable thanks to the patriot act this is not possible from the government that OKs these major corporations to put money in there pockets and change legislature now of which the can do mostly in public and no one can say any thing against them unless there protected by other corporations

already the whole world is starting to fall in line

the social change will hit china causing a massive war
i believe i tryed and get that point across but good at mafs

welcome to the united corporations of America
since the culture has changed to this so must you to survive so i say learn to lie to get ahead and only those willing to walk on others will succeed

and all those companies do this and they do it well

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 03:23 AM
bhahahhh decipher that one hahahahahaha

Visionz
11-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Starting your own company and doing business different than whats done before will be the only way to change things, and you not only have to take of things on that end you also have to teach people the effects of where they spend their dollars. Wal-Mart loses all that power you mention if everyone decides to stop shopping there. You can make chinks in the armor that are an agent for change. Going as close to you as possible to do business on the manufacturing aspect could have enormous beneficial effects. Pay people living wages, grow and raise your own food....etc For me its not about revolution its about evolution. It doesn't have to be about cut-throat tatics in the name of the bottom line and the dollar bill. I believe in profiting responsibly I guess you might say. I don't think its revolutionary at all, my core principles are American as a motherfucka.

JASPER BEARDLY
11-23-2010, 06:13 AM
They are what American principles are supposed to be, but rarely are.

You have a website Visionz?

Visionz
11-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Not yet, just the domain name but every day we move closer, achieving goals one step at a time. We're going extremely local first to build up capital. Growth that happens at a pace greater than what you're ready for can be a scary thing. Five hundred shirts in a week, cool. If that number jumps to 5,000..........with our current set-up, might be more demand than we can handle and we want to keep everything in-house.

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Starting your own company and doing business different than whats done before will be the only way to change things, and you not only have to take of things on that end you also have to teach people the effects of where they spend their dollars. Wal-Mart loses all that power you mention if everyone decides to stop shopping there. You can make chinks in the armor that are an agent for change. Going as close to you as possible to do business on the manufacturing aspect could have enormous beneficial effects. Pay people living wages, grow and raise your own food....etc For me its not about revolution its about evolution. It doesn't have to be about cut-throat tatics in the name of the bottom line and the dollar bill. I believe in profiting responsibly I guess you might say. I don't think its revolutionary at all, my core principles are American as a motherfucka.

na man maybe if you don't want to succeed but now a days your bottom line is all that matters if they were to say right no that i don't have to supply healthcare i wouldn't even though my own flesh and blood works for me

Visionz
11-23-2010, 05:10 PM
na man maybe if you don't want to succeed but now a days your bottom line is all that matters if they were to say right no that i don't have to supply healthcare i wouldn't even though my own flesh and blood works for me
I'm not saying the bottom line doesn't matter just that its not the ONLY thing that matters.
You can make profits and still act responsiblly in relation to those around you. You may not believe it but my susccess isn't contingent upon your own outlook

Dokuro
11-23-2010, 05:58 PM
then lets compare success i'm making about 350 a year in in about 2 years i'm projecting about 520,000

i employ 30-34 people in in a 2 year projection that would be aprox 80-85

i own 6 businesses a pub
barber shop
general-store
3 farms (150+Beef and 200+milk)
tractor dealership and supply
3 fishing boats
242 Acres unused
i'm currently looking into a bakery and and slaughterhouse

i will be celebrating my 3 time out of the red in march

all because i'm fucking vicious when it come to business

your turn.......

BornPower
11-23-2010, 08:46 PM

You know what's funny? the things you espouse as "common sense" are seen as nonsense by those that worship money. business is no longer about providing a quality product/service that positively impact not only one's own community but the global cipher. how many times do you see companies make billions of dollars and return to build a neighborhood in a way that teaches it's inhabitants to live in a harmonious way?

Visionz
11-24-2010, 01:10 AM
then lets compare success i'm making about 350 a year in in about 2 years i'm projecting about 520,000

i employ 30-34 people in in a 2 year projection that would be aprox 80-85

i own 6 businesses a pub
barber shop
general-store
3 farms (150+Beef and 200+milk)
tractor dealership and supply
3 fishing boats
242 Acres unused
i'm currently looking into a bakery and and slaughterhouse

i will be celebrating my 3 time out of the red in march

all because i'm fucking vicious when it come to business

your turn.......
one, I'm just getting started but I'm moving into a field that has far greater potential profits, only time will,
second, you make good money.....what are you doing with it for the greater good?
third, define vicious

You know what's funny? the things you espouse as "common sense" are seen as nonsense by those that worship money. business is no longer about providing a quality product/service that positively impact not only one's own community but the global cipher. how many times do you see companies make billions of dollars and return to build a neighborhood in a way that teaches it's inhabitants to live in a harmonious way?
They are out there. Its a shame that I can tell you far more about those that are fucking things up vs those doing good though, a weakness on both mine and the world's part. Whole Foods is one company that operates on high principles. Idk how much charity work they do, but they operate with high morals and pay well. That's definitely a quality start.

Dokuro
11-24-2010, 01:44 AM
one, I'm just getting started but I'm moving into a field that has far greater potential profits, only time will,
second, you make good money.....what are you doing with it for the greater good?
third, define vicious

alright good luck

pff....... greater good

vicious
Deliberately cruel or violent

Visionz
11-24-2010, 01:53 AM
alright good luck

pff....... greater good

vicious
Deliberately cruel or violent

yes, greater good. Cruelty and violence huh? disappointing

Uncle Steezo
11-24-2010, 02:00 AM
last year dane was a rocket scientist. i call fraud.

Visionz
11-24-2010, 02:05 AM
a rkcet cyantist wif extrmely bad seplinlg,

even as I respond to him I figure he's probably in mom's basement/attic somewhere

Dokuro
11-24-2010, 02:23 AM
last year dane was a rocket scientist. i call fraud.

last year i wasn't here the year befor that i was a malboro
http://procrastinatingintheheat.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ffiv06.jpg

but rocket scientist yah i can dig that gimmick

so a neutron goes to the doctor and the doctor tells him
i'm sorry sr. but you tested positive

Dokuro
11-24-2010, 02:27 AM
but how do you think i afford my schooling

if id spent my entire inheritance on education i would be out in three years

Visionz
11-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Its the interwebznet, you could have an inheritance, you could be making what you say you are but you go through personas like a psychologist on meth.

Dokuro
11-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Its the interwebznet, you could have an inheritance, you could be making what you say you are but you go through personas like a psychologist on meth.

na the thing is i got this semester off and i'm a stay at home husband
so after checking on my investment then watching some Ellen maybe some reruns of SVU whats left beside getting a good laugh out of your expense
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f98opUNuVXc/SX7ZkBHEKhI/AAAAAAAAFGQ/dH586igHFQ8/s400/Raccoon.jpg

its a long time to wait tell the wife gets home

Visionz
11-24-2010, 03:05 AM
na the thing is i got this semester off and i'm a stay at home husband
so after checking on my investment then watching some Ellen maybe some reruns of SVU whats left beside getting a good laugh out of your expense
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f98opUNuVXc/SX7ZkBHEKhI/AAAAAAAAFGQ/dH586igHFQ8/s400/Raccoon.jpg

its a long time to wait tell the wife gets home
laugh all you want, just don't expect anyone to truly take you serious

Dokuro
11-24-2010, 03:27 AM
laugh all you want, just don't expect anyone to truly take you serious

oh-tay
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/DogByte6RER/Buckwheat-Poster-Card-C10230417.jpg

Sense-A
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM
If you hate WalMart so much, why do you buy all your gear from there?

Everyone hates walmart but they still do their shopping there. Why not let your money do your talking for once? Go buy local then. Shop the local farmers market. Buy things that say "Made in USA". Or just live like a hippie and use your own resources and wear animal hides.

If you don't like corporations, don't buy their products and services. SIMPLE!!!

If you DO like a corporation, buy their products, services, buy stock (part ownership) in their company and work for them too! SIMPLE!!!

I'm sure there are some local mom and pop stores in your small suburban village. Why not shop there and pay the higher price because they haven't reached economies of scale yet?

Basically, let your MONEY do the voting for you. That is the best thing about a FREE MARKET SOCIETY! You get to CHOOSE where and how and what you want to spend your money on. Opposed to a shithole communist country where everyone gets the same voucher to stand in line for the same piece of moldy stale government cheese and the government gives each household one loaf of bread and shuts the electricity grid off at 5pm.

Visionz
11-30-2010, 02:46 AM
If you hate WalMart so much, why do you buy all your gear from there?

Everyone hates walmart but they still do their shopping there. Why not let your money do your talking for once? Go buy local then. Shop the local farmers market. Buy things that say "Made in USA". Or just live like a hippie and use your own resources and wear animal hides.

If you don't like corporations, don't buy their products and services. SIMPLE!!!

If you DO like a corporation, buy their products, services, buy stock (part ownership) in their company and work for them too! SIMPLE!!!

I'm sure there are some local mom and pop stores in your small suburban village. Why not shop there and pay the higher price because they haven't reached economies of scale yet?

Basically, let your MONEY do the voting for you. That is the best thing about a FREE MARKET SOCIETY! You get to CHOOSE where and how and what you want to spend your money on. Ohpposed to a shithole communist country where everyone gets the same voucher to stand in line for the same piece of moldy stale government cheese and the government gives each household one loaf of bread and shuts the electricity grid off at 5pm.

Like making baseless assumptions much???

You have no idea what I do with my money. Way to duck the actual questions being presented. I'm not surprised at all.

Sense-A
12-04-2010, 06:50 AM
you make good money.....what are you doing with it for the greater good?

More than you broke fools are doing. How about that?

Whole Foods is one company that operates on high principles. Idk how much charity work they do, but they operate with high morals and pay well. That's definitely a quality start.

Well geez. Now you are getting it. Free market capitalism allows you to selectively spend and consume products and services from the merchants of your personal choosing. In this instance you can prolong and endorse the good charity and corporate governance and social responsibilities of a company like Whole Foods. Welcome aboard the free market capitalism club!

Visionz
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
More than you broke fools are doing. How about that?

Well geez. Now you are getting it. Free market capitalism allows you to selectively spend and consume products and services from the merchants of your personal choosing. In this instance you can prolong and endorse the good charity and corporate governance and social responsibilities of a company like Whole Foods. Welcome aboard the free market capitalism club!

Notice how you haven't addressed any of the questions I've brought up in this thread? Lick off your fingers and wipe the cheetoh stains off your dick faggot, there's a train full of spineless condescending assholes who are searching for their conductor. Don't leave em hanging.