PDA

View Full Version : Check these cats out!! hot as shit

wutang4ever
10-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Yo,

I'm trying to tell y'all, these dudes are nice as shit! I recently bought their album called The Rhyme Monopoly at www.cdbaby.com/watchcity (http://www.cdbaby.com/watchcity) and the album is fire. Straight up 90's hip hop, and they got some sick ass lyrics and some crazy good production. You can hear some tracks at www.myspace.com/watchcityhiphop (http://www.myspace.com/watchcityhiphop). Im tellin y'all, these cats are a breath of fresh air. Check out their bio from myspace:

WATCH CITY is the lyrical combination of the two provocative rhyme slingers renowned as Man O’ War and Money Mike. Influenced by the mid 90’s hip-hop legends the Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, Big Pun, Cormega, Kool G Rap, Rakim, AZ, and Mobb Deep, Watch City intends to extend the “golden era” of hip-hop through their timeless flows.

Rhyming congruently on tracks with seamless fluidity, Man O’ War and Money Mike crafted their debut LP, “The Rhyme Monopoly”, released in 2005 boasting 20 tracks with 74 intricate minutes of hip-hop. Their lyrical cynicism, overlaying theatrical orchestral production, creates a unique sound contrary to the tedious, commercial formula of modern hip-hop. Man O' War and Money Mike push the envelope of social and religious norms by constantly questioning societal standards. The Rhyme Monopoly showcases a variety of rhyming talents, from battle rap to story telling or social commentary to humor.

Listen to them tracks on that link. What y'all think?

wutang4ever
10-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Any opinions?? I dont understand how no one is gonna listen to this shit. We all obviously have similar taste in music and i'm highly recommending this shit.

MissleR245
10-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Any opinions?? I dont understand how no one is gonna listen to this shit. We all obviously have similar taste in music and i'm highly recommending this shit.

Yo man you definitely got some hot shit. But these cats are lame on here and only like wu music but don't show luv to genuine hip hop. Keep it up, man!

tragedykhadafi12
10-15-2005, 02:12 AM
You arent referring to everyone because I obviously like a lot of poeple. I havent heard it yet but i will.

MissleR245
10-15-2005, 06:44 AM
You arent referring to everyone because I obviously like a lot of poeple. I havent heard it yet but i will. Ofcourse not:hippy: but you know what I mean

wutang4ever
10-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Word, i guess so. Anyway, i put it on this site cause these dudes love Wu. They got an interview on hiphopgame too, check it:

Watch City HipHopGame.com Interview (http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=watchcity)

Polocash7
10-15-2005, 03:03 PM
up some of their tracks. Those 4 are banging! Production is sick

THE W
10-15-2005, 03:37 PM
pretty good

Polocash7
10-15-2005, 06:40 PM
uppin' 4 uppin' some tracks

Polocash7
10-16-2005, 05:54 PM
uppin' this 'cause heads need to hear this

faderlaceratah
10-16-2005, 10:13 PM
ive seen these cats hawking their shit everywhere, i'm not feelin it. if feels like i'm bein forced to hear this shit

wutang4ever
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
To the dude above me: are you retarted? they dont have a label, how else are people gonna hear the shit man. they are sick and deserve to be heard, who gives a shit if you feel like youre being forced. how else are people gonna hear the shit if people like me, who bought the album and think its ridiculous, dont tell others about it?

to others, you can hear snippets of the whole album at www.cdbaby.com/watchcity (http://www.cdbaby.com/watchcity). i highly recommend the album, if you like it, you should support them and cop that shit. it's only 10 beans at this site.

anyone else who listens, try to post some comments.

MC Fidel
10-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Not bad, not bad.

faderlaceratah
10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
To the dude above me: are you retarted? they dont have a label, how else are people gonna hear the shit man. they are sick and deserve to be heard, who gives a shit if you feel like youre being forced. how else are people gonna hear the shit if people like me, who bought the album and think its ridiculous, dont tell others about it? dumb fuck
Hey man, it's my opinion and i'm entitled to it. It's not your specific job to push it on other people. I've heard of word of mouth advertising. and no, I'm not "retarted". Why am I a "dumb fuck", because I have an opinion? Am I suppose to like everything that's shoved in my face?

faderlaceratah
10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh, I see you edited out the dumb fuck comment from your post.

wutang4ever
10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
naw, im not saying your supposed to like it. but the shit aint shoved in your face at all. it's me tryin to show people some shit i think is hot, and them trying to get their name out there. i dont care if you dont like it, im saying what you said is just dumb cause you got 50 cent and all them on tv, radio, all day every day. those are the dudes being pushed on people, not some cats like this.

and yaeh i edited it cause im not tryin to start a forum war on this, im just tryin to recommend the group to anyone who wants to hear some new hot music, which is hard to come by these days.

faderlaceratah
10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
True enough. I'm not out to offend people, but I gave my honest opinion, and whether people think it's dumb or not, it's take it or leave it. I agree with your point though, honestly I'd rather have the starving, hungry cats being pushed on me than the garbage on the radio and tv.

wutang4ever
10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
who else peeped the tracks? give some comments please.

triggahappy187
10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
These dudes are doo doo sound like John cena an shit, It jus sounds weird when white dudes rappin sometimes I done know why. Like eminem he sound diff from most white rappers so does Paul Wall, these dudes watch city sound like if you bring em to 7 mile an drop em off they'd be fucked.

Mega Matt
10-17-2005, 11:22 PM
good sound

koncretegorilla
10-18-2005, 12:24 AM
ayo Junior Member... dont pay no mind to what others like iight, giva fuc if yo crew sound tight.
Post yo shit here n if any mafucca wana holla back at u for ya pieces den bet, converse wit 'em about it.
But foreal tho.. theys only snippets?? meanin u want an indivdiual to purchase dem fools LP judged on a fuckn snippet!?!?
homebwah, this is the 21st century, this is the net, THIS is my finger sayin " Fuck You" if u think ima 'buy' a muthafuckn thing when i can try get that shit free.

You seriously wrong if u think payin a mafucca for they music is me. I got 5, no wait 10... shiiit i put my life on it, most rappers out, rarely bought a tape/cd when they was on a come up.. yahmean. This net shit just makes it easier for a nigga to access wateva tha fuc he needs.

If if it aint too much out the way 4u Junior, u think u can post a full song or sum'n as to appease my blac ass.. Much Respect brah

wutang4ever
10-18-2005, 06:46 AM
naw man, on myspace there are 4 full tracks. why doesnt your lazy ass check the link. there are 4 four tracks right there for free. im not sayin buy the album, i was sayin whoever is feelin it like that can buy the shit on cdbaby. damn, y'all are crazy on this site. mother fuckers are feelin this shit like crazy and this aint even my crew. i found these dudes and i thought a forum at a wutang site would appreciate them. instead i come to find a bunch of lazy ass haters who dont even click a link to hear 4 free songs.

Visionz
10-18-2005, 07:13 AM
^that shit is funny if any1 thinks the mouse button is too far away, not bad thou, props to them for gettin out and doin their thing, they kinda remind of SoulPurpose if you ever heard uv 'em. They got a smooth delivery but I would say the lyrics themselves are good but not amazing. peace

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-18-2005, 07:19 AM
the tracks are nice

Jabba Jaw
10-18-2005, 10:47 AM
not feelin it

wutang4ever
10-19-2005, 08:38 AM
im gonna up a song tomorrow called "World in a Track" which has some crazy lyrics on it. can someone tell me how to up a track?

koncretegorilla
10-20-2005, 03:32 AM
lmfbao.. eh my bad cuz, they soundin fragile but yo, least cats half made it.
By the way marc.. dont ever call another blackman 'lazy' ya big fuckn dumby, no lazy nigga survives the struggle!! We persevered through periods you'd fail to comprehend. So ima drop it right there n say wateva man... sall good sahn

One Love, One God
Peace

J-Cee
10-20-2005, 03:51 AM
yeh i heard em bout 2 months ago got nice beats and fukin some nice lyrics 2,true talent,especially feelin track 2.

Jus Allah
10-20-2005, 07:50 AM
These cats sound allright, but I've gotta hear more before I can say they're really good..

MissleR245
10-29-2005, 08:42 AM
naw man, on myspace there are 4 full tracks. why doesnt your lazy ass check the link. there are 4 four tracks right there for free. im not sayin buy the album, i was sayin whoever is feelin it like that can buy the shit on cdbaby. damn, y'all are crazy on this site. mother fuckers are feelin this shit like crazy and this aint even my crew. i found these dudes and i thought a forum at a wutang site would appreciate them. instead i come to find a bunch of lazy ass haters who dont even click a link to hear 4 free songs. You cats got a couple of major dilemmas ahead of you one you are white and it's hard for black people and even white people to gain respect for a white rapper even if they dope (Just search this forum for white rappers:cool:. I actually think you cats got skill and could possibly be moved in the right direction under Necro label, maybe :spin: Also nobody buys cd's or mp3's. People download songs and or burn them from a friend "if" they heard them on a mixtape. Your best bet is to first get respect by mixtape Dj's and have them push you in the right directions and I'm talkin about heavy hitters. If you don't know how you in the wrong game. Also you need to get featured on some cats albums and if you want respect from these cats on this forum get featured on a major wu fam artist track like Black Market, Ghostface,etc. if you can't do that you are also in the wrong game again, One