PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question, But why are there so few black martial arts actors?

Fatal Guillotine
11-25-2010, 09:06 PM
in the early '70's you had jim kelly

now the most prominent black martial artist is Michael Jai White (blood and bone)

why are there no black female martial artist?

netscape check two
11-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Females tend to be pretty clumsy at things in general.

food for thought
11-25-2010, 11:32 PM
because the studios, and most of their target audience, dont want to see it

Uncle Steezo
11-26-2010, 01:21 AM
niggas don't know karate they know karazor.

Frank Sobotka
11-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Racist comments which could be made here are probably true.

Lex Lugor
11-26-2010, 03:45 AM
not really tho, a nigga'll know sum karate sometimes...

Uncle Steezo
11-26-2010, 05:29 AM
uhh...wesley snipes???
A-list martial artist, plus the man can act.

i wanna see Lateef Crowder star in a flick. he was sonning tony jaa till tony had to switch the style up
7dB4yl8Tu40

Mumm Ra
11-26-2010, 08:30 AM
martial art films have always been dominated by duh asians
i can't think of any current famous white martial artists off the top of my head either
not counting chuck norris

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2010, 08:52 AM
back in the day black and white americans tried to steal the martial arts from the chinese, but since the chinese have reclaimed there rightful spot as martial arts movie masters.

100pr00f
11-26-2010, 09:34 AM
i can't think of any current famous white martial artists off the top of my head either

jason statham

also in the 70's their were a couple of black martial artist..including female

oDoUoSoKo
11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Females tend to be pretty clumsy at things in general.
wow lmao

JiggaGenious
11-26-2010, 10:14 AM
guns

"for the stupid motherfuckers wanna try to use Kung-Fu
Instead of a Mac-10 he tried scrappin
Slugs in his backin, that's what the fuck happens"

things done changed, step away with your fist fight ways motherfucker this ain't back in the days.

it doesn't fit, everyone is packing now, theres no sense of a fight so much as 1 in the back of the head.

over in Korea guns are illegal so you have the korean gangs scrapping more albeit with blades from time to time. moving around is more practical in that environment, they are swift on their feet, using their legs, knees, fists

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2010, 01:35 PM
thats stupid.

there are plenty of martial arts movies these days, they are just mostly coming from China.

Fatal Guillotine
11-26-2010, 07:52 PM

the the ethnicity of black and white martial actors should be pushed more

uhh...wesley snipes???
A-list martial artist, plus the man can act.

i wanna see Lateef Crowder star in a flick. he was sonning tony jaa till tony had to switch the style up
7dB4yl8Tu40

i forgot about Lateef there should be a documentary on Capoeira starting him.
Lateef also played as Eddy Gordo in the tekken role (shouldve had a bigger role). there's also the guy that fought lateef in tekken (the darrin dance grooves dude)
wesley snipes is hitting his late 40's early 50's, i think he should push it more.

Tecknowledgist
11-29-2010, 06:30 AM
i imagine it's the same reason there are so few asian rappers

Undiluted Karma
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
back in the day black and white americans tried to steal the martial arts from the chinese, but since the chinese have reclaimed there rightful spot as martial arts movie masters.

They never lost it lols

Undiluted Karma
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I think it would also be good to see more non Asian actors and actresses in MA films , but I still would prefer to keep it Asian dominated, probably just a Pan-Asian thing haha

Fatal Guillotine
02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
i think more ethnic diversity is need in the making of movies. period

i remember reading up on this ancient martial art that were pratice by the africans (not caporeia)

but i always like kung fu movies

think there should be more actors though

i think michael jai white holding the crown right now

Fatal Guillotine
03-11-2011, 05:02 PM
theres another guy that a capoiera practitioner suppose to be starring in a movie with batista

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-16-2011, 10:22 AM
i think more ethnic diversity is need in the making of movies. period

i remember reading up on this ancient martial art that were pratice by the africans (not caporeia)

but i always like kung fu movies

think there should be more actors though

i think michael jai white holding the crown right now

There's already a disproportionate number of blacks in tv/film and sports.

By this idea we should have more Jewish martial artist films because Israeli Krav Maga is probably the best martial arts style in the world. We need more Sayeret killing machines. Israel's got the hardest mother fuckers in the world, where's their slice of the cake? Some middle eastern dudes busting out gun kata and Kapap would look dank on the screens.

Fatal Guillotine
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
krav maga......lol seriously i agree w/ you that everyone should try to touch that genre but you think krav maga is the best

c'mon son

Fatal Guillotine
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
There's already a disproportionate number of blacks in tv/film and sports.

By this idea we should have more Jewish martial artist films because Israeli Krav Maga is probably the best martial arts style in the world. We need more Sayeret killing machines. Israel's got the hardest mother fuckers in the world, where's their slice of the cake? Some middle eastern dudes busting out gun kata and Kapap would look dank on the screens.

i know what your referring to but i forget the name it isnt gun kata, the style was use in this movie called ultraviolet with milla jovinch

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Krav Maga is definitely the most appropriate for modern films. It's the type of shit batman would use to kill people. Gun Fu and Kung Fu and all that ish. It's a little less showy, but it's a bit more gritty.

Fatal Guillotine
03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
lol so youre saying krav maga is better than say wing chun or wu shu (which is the basis for about 10-13 different styles)

really breh, lol

100pr00f
03-16-2011, 11:39 AM
krav maga is ok..but nothing can top mma...a mix of all martial arts...pretty much what bruce lee was teaching
every style has weak points...but if u can d/l every style like matrix ..u would be unstoppable...unless the guns go clap

Fatal Guillotine
03-17-2011, 11:30 AM
i think it involves trapping

of course styles make fights

PALEHORSE
03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
shaolin kung fu> MMA

but blacl people in america are too lazy and lack the fortitude needed to learn martial arts. they stand around in their big sneakers and expect martial arts to be given to them

battle?
03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
http://media.techeblog.com/images/mohawk_grenade.jpg
http://multiboxing.com/show_image_300.php?filename=/2009/11/mohawk.jpg&cat=4&pid=489&cache=false
http://www.directtrafficmedia.co.uk/News/Images/21119590812/Mr.T_Pities_Fools_Who_Doubt_World_of_Warcraft_Moha wk_xlarge.jpg
http://m2.n4g.com/8/News/429000/429267_1_hs.jpg
http://hearthstonetavern.com/podcast/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/nightelfmohawkb.jpg