PDA

View Full Version : the new danger

the surgeon
10-14-2005, 09:42 PM
This album gets a lot of hate so what i'm asking is whats ur favourite track off of it or ur favourite verse?4 me the best tracks r war(4 the lyrics)and modern marvel

Koolish
10-15-2005, 01:22 AM
when i was was emotional and depressed, those R&B songs didn't bother me, kinda liked them.

but from a Hiphop point of view this album was garbage coming from the Mighty Mos Def. he did a lot of repetition in his lines, and it wasn't a one-song style you'd see either. i dunno why he decided he's an R&B rocker, but it doesn't work good.

i like war, modern marvel was only good for those 2-3 minutes, the "HOLD THE BEAT, STOP THE BEAT, DROP THE BEAT" took up toooo much time. uhhhh, the beat on grown man business is insane, the lyrics aren't too bad, i dunno.

this is no Black on Both Sides, and it's no Mighty Mos Def.

how the Mighty have fallen.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ W212 HISTORY (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W212)

Polocash7
10-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I love the whole LP except The Begger. Thought is was good to go in a different direction. It's not 4 everyone. I wish he rapped more on the LP. Sex ,Love and Money,Close Edge and The Easy Spell are my favorite tracks.