PDA

View Full Version : FL9 Issue

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm having an issue with FL9 Studio.
When I drag an audio sample into the playlist I can't slow it down without it slowing down any other of the same file. Does that make sense? I'm not sure how to word it.

I drag an audio file into the playlist and stretch it. Then I drag the same file into the playlist again so I can have an unstretched version but it just mimics the first one I put in there.

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I think what you need to do is duplicate the sample, or make it unique.

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I've tried duplicating it and it treats it like they're both the same.

What do you mean by make it unique?

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I can't open FL right now so I don't know what the exact name is, but the dragged sample that shows in the playlist has an icon on it in the top corner. Click it and there should be an option to make the sample unique or something. It will ask you to save the file and then you should have a new sample that won't be affected by anything you do to the first sample.

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Wow I never even noticed that icon. Awesome. Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
edit: IT WORKS!! thanks.

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I got one more question..
is there a way I can tap out a beat instead of just clicking on the rectangles? I'd like to have certain kicks be a 1/10th of a second slower etc but it won't let me.

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
You can record them live when you drag your kicks and snares etc into the FPC thingy. Then you can always correct them afterwards.

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I tried to use the FPC previously but it was complicated. I guess I'll have to watch some more youtube tutorials.
Thanks.

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
FPC is real easy. You just drag and drop the snres, hats, kicks etc on the pads. Clear the pads first though, cause the factory kit sucks chicken dicks. Then you right click the record button and select to only record the score, then hit play and start banging your MPC or keyboard.

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 09:59 PM
thanks man. i'll have a play around with it soon.
after learning how to play with the samples more i finished just now. it was my 1st time using samples and i was going to do a hip-hop beat but it turned into this.. not sure what genre it would be.

what do you think? http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9931439

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Sound kind of clubby or experimental. Just keep fucking around with the program and at some point you'll figure it out. Most important thing would be to learn to play keys or get real good at sampling.

Uncle Steezo
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
needs a bassline. sounds a bit empty. IMO

KAY ONE
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah I tried to learn keys but it wasn't going well...
What's a good VST for sampling? I just dragged them to the playlist for that robot thing.

edit: it was meant to sound empty. if you mean minimal.

Professor Poopsnagle
11-29-2010, 12:51 AM
I use Edison, Grossbeat and FL Slicer. Those are all standard in FL.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
since yall talkin fl 9 issues do u know how to make one sample cut another ?