PDA

View Full Version : French HIP HOP

b o c a
10-15-2005, 01:19 AM
this stuff is tight. I suggest you guys check out some of it if you like WU they influenced a lot of shit in FRANCE from 1993-1998 and so on. that IAM ROYAL FAM SUNZ OF MAN collab was just the beginning. IAM , NTM, Shurik'n, Faf La Rage, Fonky Family, Sista Micky, 3eme, Busta Flex.

i suggest u guys check some of that shit out.

Liquid
10-15-2005, 02:10 AM
in fact the best mc in french rap is to my point mc sollar, not influenced by the wu but he did some good shit with gangstarr and particularly with guru on jazzmatzz vol.1

b o c a
10-15-2005, 03:07 AM
i didn't like SOlarr's style from what i heard he worked with Missy Elliot and shit also. Shurik'n is tight he is 1/2 of IAM the duo from Marseille. NTM is ok but i like IAM a lot more. if you listen to some of Shurik'n shit he goes off his style is sick too and his production from his solo album OU JE VUIS is tight. Theres another track called MEMOIRE that is sick if u find it. GET IT

the funky drunk
10-15-2005, 05:07 AM
the only french rap i've heard is the 'saian supa crew' , on the world accordin to Rza album

Jinemon
10-15-2005, 10:33 AM
yeaaaah great to see american people listen to french rap. You must hear at least this album (for every wu fans) :

IAM "L'école du micro d'argent" (IAM are on "la saga" with sunz of man, on "noble art" with method man & redman, and on the world according to rza)

MC Solaar isn't very appreciated in france by hip hop listeners, he's doing "pop rap" now.

WU-KILLAH
10-15-2005, 11:35 AM
L'école du micro d'argent is our WU-TANG Forever ... unfortunately you can't understand the lyrics but there are fuckin deep.

Oneman
10-15-2005, 11:43 AM
yeaaaah great to see american people listen to french rap. You must hear at least this album (for every wu fans) :

IAM "L'école du micro d'argent" (IAM are on "la saga" with sunz of man, on "noble art" with method man & redman, and on the world according to rza)

MC Solaar isn't very appreciated in france by hip hop listeners, he's doing "pop rap" now.
I got that L'écolu du micro d'Argent special edition album, the booklet is incredible with lyrics, pics, and kung fu drawings. Above all the music is top shelf. My brother got the latest album which backside you have rub! (or make warm in another way) to get to see the tracklisting

I love the Palais de Justice album from Freeman

PEACE

Oneman

Liquid
10-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah it's right solaar do a lot of cheesy hip hop but he'S at my point a view the best lyricist, i've never heard anybody playing with the word as well as he do and with such a rich vocabulary...

num2son
10-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I have this 113 hip hop album very dope its callled Les Prince De Ville.

pablobaluba
10-15-2005, 12:13 PM
my fav french mc is joey starr (from ntm)..he is sick...(or better say ...he was sick)
peace

Orion Nebulus
10-15-2005, 12:20 PM
this stuff is tight. I suggest you guys check out some of it if you like WU they influenced a lot of shit in FRANCE from 1993-1998 and so on. that IAM ROYAL FAM SUNZ OF MAN collab was just the beginning. IAM , NTM, Shurik'n, Faf La Rage, Fonky Family, Sista Micky, 3eme, Busta Flex.

i suggest u guys check some of that shit out.

Yeah no doubt.....I have all those cds you mentioned. I have a cousin that lives in france and he tells me they are heavy in hiphop over there. The beats are dope and they really love Wutang over there.

the funky drunk
10-15-2005, 12:43 PM
anyone like saian?

Jinemon
10-15-2005, 01:45 PM
I have this 113 hip hop album very dope its callled Les Prince De Ville.
yes, this album sold very well in france, there are great songs (Hold up, Tonton du bled...)

Jinemon
10-15-2005, 01:47 PM
my fav french mc is joey starr (from ntm)..he is sick...(or better say ...he was sick)
peace
he's like a french ODB : troubles with justice, drugs, strange face lol, unique voice... he still doing his shit, with a group called "BOSS"

Racailla
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I REALLY recommend you listening to Kohndo

jazzy, with a flair of old-skool, what more can I say -> BEST

his new album is soon to come and no doubt, a must-have!

THE W
03-22-2006, 09:39 AM
moved

Jus Allah
03-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Not really into French hiphop, I do like some of the Canadian French/English rappers, but I prolly don't like it becoz I don't understand what I'm listening to

Murdah Piff
03-22-2006, 12:01 PM
you guys fear the power of paris riot rebel music

la rumeur
anfalsh
sheryo
iam
suprême ntm
busta flex
zoxea
sinik
sniper
soklak
fabe
x-men
fonky family
explicit samourai

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
03-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I love Iv my people.Dope mc's and sick beats.Chek 'em out.They are really skilled. .

4-Bar Killer
03-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Lunatic

All the way, atleast from what I've heard so far.

BackupX
03-22-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.hiphopdeal.com/article1946.html

4-Bar Killer
03-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Any french cats in here which got the Lunatic album called Mauvais Oeil? If, could any of y'all post it? It's absolutely impossible to find.

If any of yall doubt Lunatic, check this song:

http://rapidshare.de/files/16173224/lunatic_-_haut-de-seine.mp3.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/16173224/lunatic_-_haut-de-seine.mp3.html)

Murdah Piff
03-23-2006, 12:37 PM
that's that killa 94 vitry-sur-seine Orly projects rap music, funny how they call the projects Suburbs hahahhaha. you guys fear the mafia k1-fry

tha god concept
03-23-2006, 12:48 PM
le terrible = the only french hiphop ive ever herd and felt...its actually nyce...and ive herd alot of that wack shit....

djooriez
03-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Imo French hiphop owns most US hiphop. Too bad most of u cant understand it
Killer flows and lyrics

BOOBA ^O^ Lunatic ^O^ Arsenik ^O^ ROHFF^O^ IAM ^O^

Booba is my personal favorite, my French GZA ;)

http://booba92i.artistes.universalmusic.fr/ , there is a english version so check it out

Btw German Hiphop got some really nice things too

Bushido, Azad = :clap:

Blastah
03-23-2006, 02:09 PM
...I can't believe u're talkin' french rap and only a few mensioned Arsenik... Dudes are FIAH!!!!!! Not believing it? Check ou this track, featuring the RZA... tooken of their second album, "Quelque Chôse A Survecu" from 2002. Believe me, it's a certified banga! Sorry if it has been posted before...

It's a remix of the track "Shaolin/6ème Chaudron":
http://rapidshare.de/files/16215444/Arsenik___RZA_-_Shaolin_6_me_Chaudron__Remix_.mp3.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/16215444/Arsenik___RZA_-_Shaolin_6_me_Chaudron__Remix_.mp3.html)

Also Saian Supa Crew, Kery James (illest french lyricist EVER) and fusion groups like Fonky Family or Neg'Marrons are incredible AND legendary... French rap scene is the nº2 worldwide, behind US, obviously!

King Callabah
03-23-2006, 02:12 PM
ma french cuzo gots MAAAAAAAAD fuckin shit, i like IAM, i borrowed they albums, Saian Supa is good too.......i cant really remember names of the others LOL! not sure who them is, but IAM's mi fav.

Jeremy94
03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Rohff is the illest lol
no but check it :
Mafia k1 fry come from Val de marne 94, where I live...
The video is so ghetto you know?
Booba , rohff , arsenic , Iam , Ntm...and many more are the illest in france but the best crew (i say crew) is mafia K1 fry and Iam the best duo/group hey!
french rap music sisi

Murdah Piff
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
what the fuck booba is the french 50 cent la balletringue des balletringues

nigga did a video clip in a montreal metrosexual club called Living

and when he came to MTL do a show he shouted out Roi Heenok, but Roi Heenok is constantly dissin him hahahaha pussy bwoyeeeeee

lunatic and temps mort were ill tho

Jeremy94
03-23-2006, 04:59 PM
what the fuck booba is the french 50 cent la balletringue des balletringues

nigga did a video clip in a montreal metrosexual club called Living

and when he came to MTL do a show he shouted out Roi Heenok, but Roi Heenok is constantly dissin him hahahaha pussy bwoyeeeeee

lunatic and temps mort were ill tho

Yeah, he is maybe a bitch, but his technique is ill, his flow is averrage, but it's a very Good MC, I don't give a got damn of what he did in his life...
He is a great MC point blank!
His last LP is ill too, but i agree he was better with Lunatic!

Iron Fist
03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Shurik'n is tight he is 1/2 of IAM the duo from Marseille. NTM is ok but i like IAM

IAM is actually Freeman, Akhenaton, Shurik'n, DJ Kheops, Imhotep and sometimes Kephren

Chiens De Paille is one of the most underrated french hip hop group. Group consisting of Sako (rapper) and Hal (production). The chemistry between those two is incredible. Together they make perfect music.

If you want any info about french hip hop go on Rap2k.com

Jeremy94
03-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Rap2k.com

Damn, this wackest site about Hip Hop in the world.
It was better before, now there is only news about famous rapper.
And the forum is fucking sad, there is only Game's fan & Fifty's fan.
If you want a tight french site about hip hop, go here: www.hiphopcore.net

LDK
04-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeahhh i'am french and i sayMotherfucker french Hip Hop is the Best in THe world

Topo on the french Hip hop for the real hip hop by

In the past i remember that USA MC's made good Lyrics but now it's only poor shit when i listen Dirt south Or this g unit Sucker
But the instrumental are good and the flow too

Now the Best MC's are the motherfucking french and the Best Instrumental From the Best Dj, come From Da real French hip hop

Please listen
"Rohff, Booba, 113, Mafia k'7 Fry, NTM, Sefyu, Tandem, Mc Solar, La caution, psy4 de la rime, Fonky familly, Iam, Arsenik"
That's da motherfuckert Real gangsta rap from the Real street From the 93,94 92 and Marseille
Not that sucker from USA like that Gay from The Gay-Unit
But It's hard for the Foreign to understand the french rap Because french Slang is very different and i Know some french who don't understand french rap because french Rapper have a fort accent

The Best Hip hop is french
For the Best Dj Listen DJ cut Killer, DJ abdel, Dj Saïd & DJ Nacer and C2C
The Best grapher are frenche, the best streetwear are french(Mr Dia, royal wear...)
The Real Hip Hop is Now in France
In Usa all Mc's are Now always Sucking the major and the TvChain

Dont Forget "the real Hip hop was born in USA and is now living in france"

The just Difference are in Usa National street sport is Basketball
in France This Is the real Football and all fighting-sport like Boxe taï

Now if you Want to know all about the real City in france Look ("Ma 6t va cracker" " La haine " is not bad too

4-Bar Killer
04-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Lunatic all the way.. Definitely the illest and most grimey french rap I have heard..

WU-KILLAH
04-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Ma 6t va cracker

This movie is as close from the reallity of our hoods as starwars is.

damaja
04-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Been listening to le hip-hop francais for fucking ages now, one of the first non-english hip-hop I got into. I have a bunch of albums, I especially like SSC and Mafia K'1 Fry (and many of the emcees from there). TTC are really good and Les Sages Poetes de la Rue probably have the greatest flow.

France probably has the realest hip-hop scene outside the US, and I really like it. I need to get back into it again as I've been kickin' it to Norwegian and Dutch shit lately.

LDK
04-10-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah en fait y a pas mal de Fr qui squatte sur ce Forum ca gere
en fait je pense que le hip hop francai est pas asse connu en dehors de france

et en fait j'trouve ca tro con que sur des chaine US on entende en dehor Du US que de Hip hop allemand ou hip hop Uk et jamais on entend un titre de Rap fr alors que la france est quan meme la 2eme nation Hip hop

Sorry for the english i didnt speak english on this reply because i'm very bad in english and i dont success to write in english what i want to say...

Wu tang Forever

damaja
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, where as I do like other hip-hop from around Europe, France definately the 2nd home of hip-hop.

LDK
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
i Dont realy well know the other Hip hop from Europe a verry little german Hip hop
But for example i know Nothing from the Uk rap scene i know just "Sway"
And i remarq you Come From London
could you describe to me the situation of hip hop In uk please
I would like To know more about the Uk Hip hop

thank's

FrenchShin
04-11-2006, 03:22 AM
oxmo puccino and rocé are my fav when it comes to the lyrics.

the new electro-rap scene is interesting, when it's put in the right context, like in the movie "Sheitan", it fits perfectly.

Jeremy94
04-11-2006, 11:43 AM
The track of the year:
http://www.361records.com/akh_lafindeleurmonde.ram

This is Akhenaton & Shurik'n, the song is "La fin de leur monde", the Shurik'n's verse is already a classic verse.
The lyrics are fucking deep.

I give you the translate of Shurik'n verse:
the story of my land crying, but things here have become so big, parent's burying their kids, too many mothers stressing, when the guns of stupidity sing the same chorus, the devil feeding off our hate at every course, i here the land every night, tired of the ghosts haunting her, of their laments, so much that sometimes she cries, through the blood of hate, constantly renewed, ???, nothin has changed since, where i live, jews, catholics, muslims, blacks or whites, shut the fuck up you're makin too much noise, like these storms whose water mixes with our tears, and their strikes on an earth, whose soul has been stolen by uranium, i don't want a city, filled with more cemetaries than buildings, even if the other world is calmer, stabler, i want the survivors of d-day, to survive under the neons, too close to emptiness, cuz the sun don't shine, arteries sour, like a shopping cart at the mall, you load, load, but at the end you gotta pay, i think it's become a habit, everybody lookin for a culprit, yeah, from an average life fucked up, to a nuclear bomb blowin up, love without oxygen, we're suffocating, everything we put up with, putting us under pressure, psychologists are the modern exorcists, somebody tell me, will i live to see, the happy day where peace is demanded, stupidness instructed, sitting with my pen, i'm waitin for that moment, lookin at the chaos, flames goin up in the sky, that's the reason i wrote this gospel, mother earth flyin away, tired of us suckin away her breasts, we all say we love her, but nobody respects her, jealousy and envy, making out, when problems show up, we solve em with punches, meanwhile, others gettin truckloads of money, guess who's drivin for a minimum wage, when will we get there, to the place where happiness quenches our thirst, i'm buildin my future, without cries, without people dyin, without nuclear plants leakin, nothin on the Geiger, finally aware we're all renting our place on this earth, but look at what we did to this place, when the old man'll come around to check on the state, you can kiss your ass goodbye, we should have left it the way it was, all clean, innocent like a baby born dead, but our people dyin in africa, and ain't enough money to take care of em, so their hunger'll just have to wait, men falling under racist bullets, but we can't do nothin for em, they'll just have to duck and dodge, our ass on the couch, watchin tv, dreamin away, remote control in our hand, we think we exist, we shout, we protest, we vote, we hope things change, but set up the barricades and see em all hesitate, nobody understands, the globe dreamin of compassion, and flowers growin up, the same ones we'll leave to die some december night, ???, anybody can make it, from what planet came the author of that sentence, some politic from bora bora, while households ???, but we're not on their radar, so they can't see us, talkin and talkin, they promised wonders, but those just disappeared, they only left the coliseum, pay respect to cesar, because you're about to get killed by the lions, weather forecast, heavy rains of blood and black clouds, someday we'll have to pay to get some clean air, down here, everybody has his culture, evrybody has his racism, but on a white background, black is the most obvious, time's are changin of course, but there will always be angry motherfuckers, tell em henry, arron, mormeck and zinedine (black and arab french sportsmen) said hi, while everybodies eatin, some still searchin, for a cent or two, sleepin in the parking lot, everybody is indignant, cuz it makes the neiborhood look bad, and grandma's scared, you know for whom grandma will vote, businessmen up in their towers, crooked like the tower of pise, glasses on the nose, they doin the math, no wonder there's all this wrath, cuz the ony important thing is the missile industry, long live liberty, the one beating up pacifists with batons, you're not happy with the way things are, you get hit, why sn't the police lookin for the master criminals, those in the most wanted list, this world is dying, it was bound to happen seein how we treat it, but fear overrules reason, fear of the unknown, so we fill up with racism, everywhere, extremists dominating, in prime time, families shot up, right after is famine, images too raw for the average joe eating his burger, the one who believed the euro would make us all richer, goin on holiday will have to wait, or win the lotto, but know is not the time, tomorrow mornin he's workin, you gotta understand this worlds spins too fast, no chance of catching up, on the road of principles, they set up traps, dynamite and scuds are everywhere, watch out for the mines, the foxholes, he may have good reflexes, but he won't avoid everything, and one day or another, he'll fall, i hope that day somebody will him get up, i hope he's not like us, angered and tired, and most of all i hope he does'nt try to blow himself up...

Please, say whatcha think about that.

Jeremy94
04-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Bumppppppppppp

damaja
04-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, it was a cool video. Reminds me much of Ideal J - Hardcore.

Racailla
04-12-2006, 04:48 AM
IAM is the shit!!

bg357
04-12-2006, 09:51 AM
yeah, It's good. I didn't believed that French hip-hop was Known in U.S.A. The best group in France is undeniably IAM but other great lyricist is Oxmo Puccino. :spin:

Peace

Racailla
04-12-2006, 11:53 AM
The new Kohndo-album "deux pieds sur terre" is out NOW

cop it!

WU-KILLAH
04-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Best all time french track is "demain c'est loin" a 10 minutes masterpiece.

Murdah Piff
04-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Best all time french track is "demain c'est loin" a 10 minutes masterpiece.
*8 minutes

WU-KILLAH
04-13-2006, 07:51 AM
8 mn 59 since you like accuracy.