PDA

View Full Version : Imo Blackalicious are one of the dopest acts to come outta the west coast

Durag
12-07-2010, 04:46 PM
They dropped two brilliant albums, "Nia" and my personal favorite, "Blazing Arrow" and the under appreciated but dope "The Craft" along with a few EP's.

Gift Of Gab is a fantastic rapper, has unbelievable skill, great lyrics, voice, everything and Chef Xcel has dropped nothing but bangers. I rarely see them mentioned here or indeed on a lot of hip-hop sites, but their easily one of the best duo's from the west.

Anyone who hasn't checked for them should really do so.

HS6YuujSSPY

MvPnM2Q1nwU

Just two of their better known tracks, but their material is best enjoyed listening to their whole albums.

Gift Of Gab's solo's were pretty good too, not on the level of Blackalicious, but still worth hearing.

billyanalogue
12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
yeah son i'm currently in talks of doing a new track for '11 with Gift of Gab called Animal Encyclopedia which is a remake of Alphabet Aerobics, but with animals

we will also diss the fuck out of Steve Irwin and other animal cruelty experts

shystar36
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
gift of gabs 4th dimensional rocket ships was a badass solo. i wasnt feeling blackalicious last album tho

Tecknowledgist
12-08-2010, 04:22 AM
absolutely, gift of gab is one of the best MCs i've ever heard and chief xcel's beats are funky than a muhfuh

i bought gift of gab's escape 2 mars and it was the worst purchase of my life though.

sGEkP1F-tgQ

dope

MaskedAvenger
12-08-2010, 04:41 AM
yeah son i'm currently in talks of doing a new track for '11 with Gift of Gab called Animal Encyclopedia which is a remake of Alphabet Aerobics, but with animals

we will also diss the fuck out of Steve Irwin and other animal cruelty experts

animal cruelty ?

GhettoGnom
12-08-2010, 05:26 AM
lol @ animal cruelty..

And one of the best? Sure, Blazing Arrow is a personal classic to me..

There's quite a few WC acts I'd put above them though, so I'm talking maybe top 10 here..