PDA

View Full Version : what happened to mr lif?

Heavy Ammunition
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
is he still doing music?

Dr Sleepwalker
12-08-2010, 12:09 AM
yeh bro. go check 'I Heard It Today'. shit dropped like a year ago or somethin'..

decent album, nothing special. the song where he pays respects to herbs is my shit

ALCATRAZ
12-08-2010, 12:18 AM
the song where he pays respects to faggits is sleewalkers shit too lol

Lex Lugor
12-08-2010, 02:20 AM
tupac was a faggit, faggit^.

I just just just heard a brand new single w/ lif guest spot but it wasnt that good so I didnt dl. Be hard to find where it was.

issues
12-08-2010, 03:55 AM
i shall now listen to I Phantom.. that album was nice..

Dr Sleepwalker
12-09-2010, 12:30 AM
lolol i got my first E-hater/stalker ^ - didnt even acknowledge the thread, just came in to rub my nuts a lil smh

main_man
12-09-2010, 01:09 AM
yeah. lif is seriously dope and seriously slept on.
i thought "i heard it today" was a great album, way above "decent" status.
hes a smart, working class mc in the vein of chuck d. and if you havent heard any of his albums do yourself a favor and STOP SLEEPING. cat is smart, for real.
and "i,phantom" is a personal classic to me. and that joint el-p produced on his e.p. was just plain nuts.
lif is the man.

Taskmaster2112
12-09-2010, 09:32 AM
yeah "I Phantom" and the "Emergency Rations" EP are some of the albums that started getting me heavily into hip hop. "Mo' Mega" is seriously underrated too.

Taskmaster2112
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
goddammit how do i embed videos? can someone tell me and/or embed "Home of the Brave", the "Brothaz" video, "A Glimpse at the Struggle" and "Return of the B-Boy"? thanks.

MaskedAvenger
12-09-2010, 09:40 AM
[youtube (youtube code) [/youtube

issues
12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
pzvFYaWej0M

JTMnE4ooL1o

DlWvzMYXbag

Ag9bSB1_YLE

angry!
12-09-2010, 09:47 AM
i thought his last album was dope...

lif is ill, the robotic voice signature always catches my ear!!!!!!!!!!!

is lif and el-p still cool?!!??!!?!?

i wanna see el-p get back to lacing niggas...

lif flow is ill too... and like my nigga main man said, son is smart, concepts are tight, knows his sound...

7iBlZ-f3jlE

that track is flawless... niggas dont appreciate concepts and concept execution like they should... this dude always speakin on some real shit, and always comin with a hot flow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taskmaster2112
12-09-2010, 09:59 AM
^yeah his concept execution is probably the main thing that sets him apart from other rappers. "I Phantom" follows a general theme throughout the whole record, with him getting killed in the second song, being revived in "Return of the B-Boy", and ending the album with a nuclear holocaust. "Emergency Rations" is dope too. it starts out with Akrobatik and some other guy talking about Lif disappearing after saying some intense shit against the US government, and that thread of his disappearance runs throughout the whole record. dope shit.

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Lif dope like angry! said he got one of those captivating voices, when you press play and he starts spittin, its like damn is son from another world. get the same thing with C Rayz Walz, although i think Lif has better emceeing abilities.

i been bumpin Mo Mega a lot recently, this is my joint....... turn it up and watch the supports shake

C5PElv46G1E