PDA

View Full Version : Question

Visionz
12-08-2010, 01:35 AM
The US expects countries to do what's in its best interest. If a president doesn't feel US intest align with that of their own people and go in another direction, do you feel its right to overthrow the president in the name of national intrest even if they were democraticly elected?

Dokuro
12-08-2010, 02:22 AM
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

yes

Visionz
12-08-2010, 02:35 AM
What you're referring to deals with internal matters, what I'm asking is in regards to foreign relations though I can see how I wasn't being clear enough.

Dokuro
12-08-2010, 02:52 AM
oh is it right for us america to go in and change things of another county

gotcha

no

Lucifer pretty clear on this one

freedom is something you must work for, when it is handed to you by an outlander it is not truly freedom but a fabrication;
because you are indebted to your liberator and not to the ideal

the only way freedom can be given by another is through an abstract thought; then you will come to your own understanding that you can, you deserve and you should have better

Edgar Erebus
12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
The US expects countries to do what's in its best interest. If a president doesn't feel US intest align with that of their own people and go in another direction, do you feel its right to overthrow the president in the name of national intrest even if they were democraticly elected?

Isn't the idea of being a superpower to do whatever you want whenever you want?

BTW those are exact reasons why world's public opinion turned against you Mericanos.

Visionz
12-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Isn't the idea of being a superpower to do whatever you want whenever you want?

BTW those are exact reasons why world's public opinion turned against you Mericanos.
The propaganda is unbelievable in this country. How else does a guy like Bush come even remotely close enough to steal an election?

We're not all suckers but they do outnumber us.

I am both anti-war and anti-intervention, most countries choose to do good all on their own when given the chance.

Edgar Erebus
12-08-2010, 04:30 AM
With a shitload of due exceptions. It's tricky. US made itself a rep for interventions galore, that's why everyone hates you and fears you. On the other hand, if somewhere things do get fucked up and you don't intervene, the first question would be: "Why didn't you DO anything?"

And don't act like president matters, thought you knew better.

Visionz
12-08-2010, 04:42 AM
With a shitload of due exceptions. It's tricky. US made itself a rep for interventions galore, that's why everyone hates you and fears you. On the other hand, if somewhere things do get fucked up and you don't intervene, the first question would be: "Why didn't you DO anything?"

And don't act like president matters, thought you knew better.
We're playing world police and financier regardless of who's sitting in the Oval Office but damn, give me someone that's not gonna embarrass you every time he opens his mouth. It's as if it was almost a challenge to see how idiotic a puppet they could push and still get elected.

But I agree that because of how much we intervene its become expected that will also step in if shit is indeed fucked up (and I really don't have a problem with that if that does end up being the case) but I'd like to see open and honest reporting that allows the American public to know what exactly they're sending their kids over to die for. I knew Iraq was on some bullshit from jump.